• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

FyreWulff

Tawpgun

Karl, send me an FR. Make some room Mr. PopularPants.

I'm going to go kick the final bosses ass in Dust, should be done in a bit.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
HaloGAF customs TODAY at 3pm Pacific (10pm GMT)!

Gonna be awesome. Juniors welcome, lurkers not.

If you have map or gametype ideas, PM them to me by 1:30 PM Pacific!

Every time a Spartan punches, a mini-explosion happens at the end of their fist. It's like a pistol shrimp.

I believe the description for when a Space Marine punches you in the chest in the 40k universe is similar to a grenade exploding in your chest. Dat power armour.

Ramirez

Not take this off topic, but you ever played bioshock 2 MP.

I figured you might be the guy to ask, was there a competitive scene for it?

I'll be sticking on it as my main MP till 4 hits I think. More people should join me.

I remember it having atrocious lag and hit detection, they ever fix that? Had some neat ideas though...

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
While you're here, can you clarify whether Halo 4 supports split-screen playing and in what modes?

We've said this previously. Yes, we're supporting split screen. I don't know all the numbers and details off the top of my head.

Ramirez

I thought it was said that it's tied to player health in 4...could be wrong tho

1323092-untitled_1_large.jpg

edit: I just happened to read the caption from GB where I got that pic

Sage does not play his games long enough to master or become good at them. It interferes with his developing skills.

Explains a lot man.

Sounds great, I'll try to be there!

Are we supposed to send you a FR, a message or something?

Zoolader

Which Halo game? I'd like to do customs regardless actually, haven't had a Saturday off in months.

So are team emblems/names not in the game anymore?

The new score bar (weapons video) doesn't look as good as it did in older builds imp and no longer has the emblems.

Tawpgun

Hypothetically speaking, is there anyway to have a bigger FOV as an OPTION in Halo? Like you could put it up to 90, maybe more, and as a result you lose some AA and resolution?

Because the FOV in Halo split screen is amazing, but the visuals suffer.

Aggrotek

That Griffball interview was pretty lame. Even I could have asked better questions. :(

OT: Just found the 2 Disc Director's Cut of Afro Samurai for $10. Never seen it. Am I going to be disappointed?

Also: Save a spot for me Kittens!

Zoolader

Hypothetically speaking, is there anyway to have a bigger FOV as an OPTION in Halo? Like you could put it up to 90, maybe more, and as a result you lose some AA and resolution?

Because the FOV in Halo split screen is amazing, but the visuals suffer.

If you're playing splitscreen in Reach, the visuals are so bad the game becomes unplayable.

Sent a few invites. We're searching in Team Objective in the rare chance that everyone has the Defiant pack and that One Flag on Condemned or Highlands shows up.
Is Highlands in TO? Amazingly stupid if it is.
I still want to know if disc 2 is the install disc for MP.
Disc 2 is probably MP, but the 8GB install has to be for Spartan Ops. You can't require a disc install for 360 games.
1323092-untitled_1_large.jpg

edit: I just happened to read the caption from GB where I got that pic

Sage does not play his games long enough to master or become good at them. It interferes with his developing skills.

Explains a lot man.

It's a pretty common strategy for designers to not play the game themselves during development.

a zoojoo

Banned
Disc 2 is probably MP, but the 8GB install has to be for Spartan Ops. You can't require a disc install for 360 games.

4GB Slim users are screwed. I wonder what installs onto your hard disk.
And why?
Possibly:
-The Maps
-Cutscenes
-Scripted Sequences

Anything else i missed?

4GB Slim users are screwed. I wonder what installs onto your hard disk.
And why?
Possibly:
-The Maps
-Cutscenes
-Scripted Sequences

Anything else i missed?

Considering the 8GB requirement is very large, I bet nearly everything is installed for Sp Ops for a mission. The only thing that's probably on the disc is the framework for the missions be in installed and played in.

a zoojoo

Banned
Considering the 8GB requirement is very large, I bet nearly everything is installed for Sp Ops for a mission. The only thing that's probably on the disc is the framework for the missions be in installed and played in.

How large usually in terms of size, is a Halo Campaign?

Microsoft said:
Halo 4 will offer an optimal experience if played using a hard drive, but will deliver a visually impressive and immersive gameplay experience whether you use a hard drive or a flash storage device.

Maybe you don't need 8GBs, if you're willing to delete stuff to make space (Old SPOPS missions).

crazybydefault

Neo Member
This seems backwards to me, especially for a MP component. How do you know if your changes are working if you never play them?

Probably because they become so used to looking at a certain environment for so long, that if anything appears "off" to everybody else, it would appear to be normal to them.

Top Bottom