• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

My opinions on how 343 has handled a lot of Halo 4 stuff, so don't read if you're already 3 inches in:

Really shitty. Anniversary was crystal clear. We knew what we were getting pretty much a few months before it launched. Halo 4 has been nothing but gathering from multiple incorrect sources only to have Frank post a cryptic message on a gaming forum saying that he'll look into it. Is it impossible to put out a direct statement? "This is exactly what the limited edition has. This is the official specifications on it. Here is why you'll need 8GB of storage. Spartan Ops CGI will(not) be streamed." Can we get more of that and less of "buttspace. To be honest, I only answered this question so I could coin the term 'buttspace.'"
I think the problem is that 343 probably has a very strict schedule detailing what they can and can't talk about at any time, while they're also trying to appease the more hardcore online communities (communities that key members of 343 interact with on a daily basis). Add in this being their first major title as a group, and the result are these weird responses and outright infuriating lack of clarity. On occasion, it strikes me as kind of unprofessional. Hopefully, they'll learn from it and be more direct with Halo 5, 6, and beyond.

Of course, none of that is really going to matter from a marketing perspective when that finally gears up. Speaking of which, is that going to happen when FUD starts? I'd love to see some Halo 4 ads on TV, like I've seen for Ass Creed 3.

You guys make poop out of butts.
butting butter

WHAT IS ON DISC 2?????​

Would be awesome to know what I'm paying for.
Disc 2's cover is from this pic:
35miv.jpg

So I would assume it's the campaign disc... but then, why would the campaign be on the second disc? :lol

Multiplayer making of, please.

Tashi, Biggy, Hyper, Duncan, and Domino: I can take the audio equipment. Hooray!
If that's a good idea? Tashi, Duncan and Biggy are going to be drunk, I will be tired as hell and Domino? He will eat my chocolate. But at least we could try again. Horray For funny pronouncing mistakes!

Fracas

#fuckonami
I think the problem is that 343 probably has a very strict schedule detailing what they can and can't talk about at any time, while they're also trying to appease the more hardcore online communities (communities that key members of 343 interact with on a daily basis). Add in this being their first major title as a group, and the result are these weird responses and outright infuriating lack of clarity. On occasion, it strikes me as kind of unprofessional. Hopefully, they'll learn from it and be more direct with Halo 5, 6, and beyond.

Of course, none of that is really going to matter from a marketing perspective when that finally gears up. Speaking of which, is that going to happen when FUD starts? I'd love to see some Halo 4 ads on TV, like I've seen for Ass Creed 3.

butting butter

Disc 2's cover is from this pic:
http://vehq.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/35miv.jpg

So I would assume it's the campaign disc... but then, why would the campaign be on the second disc? :lol

Multiplayer making of, please.
BF3's campaign was on the second disc
^^^^

I'd like the second part to be multiplayer focused like the Carnage Carnival Halo Reach ViDoc

That Vidoc was so good.
"I'm about to rain death on the plebeians that I work with"

DesertFox

I think I just threw up in my mouth from rage and disgust

I see. It gives me the implication that the campaign wasn't the "priority" during development. I don't know about BF3 and DICE, but I'm sure that's not the case with 343.

Or is it? D: No.
Yeah but the difference is that Dice had no story to tell in BF3... whereas Halo 4 it's a focal point - so even if it was on disc 2 I don't think anybody would complain.

ZalinKrow

Can't wait to see the new ViDoc :] I've been feeling sick and miserable for the last age so it's nice to having something close to look forward to. Not sure if I'll be awake for it yet though.

Akai__

I think I just threw up in my mouth from rage and disgust

Yeah but the difference is that Dice had no story to tell in BF3... whereas Halo 4 it's a focal point - so even if it was on disc 2 I don't think anybody would complain.

I enjoyed the BF3 campaign. You had some really cool missions and some diversity. The only thing that sucks is, that you randomly lose your progress.

Amazed how there are a few of you who have yet to pre order this game yet.

I pre ordered this puppy first day it was available lol
heh, I plan on standing in line for about 10mins before Best Buy opens, getting the LE, and hoping that the checkout clerk is the same sucker who accidentally sold me Reach Legendary for $60.

Havok

I believed him because we share the first name. And I do think it is fun with the right people. But you rarely have such an experience in MM.
Yeah, I think that's the case with most things, honestly. It and Stockpile just suffer from kinda bad settings, not that the ideas are bad. Stockpile at least is still AR starts in a playlist where every other gametype is DMR start, so of course I never want to play it, even after it was cut down to only be put on symmetric maps. Team Headhunter is usually on asymmetric maps where the capture points are in really bizarre locations, and I suspect it might be AR starts as well.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
You don't want any surprises? I'm crazy tempted to know everything, but it would ruin the campaign, for me at least.

Although hasn't the majority of the plot been spoiled?

I'd say around 50-60% of the game has been spoiled, maybe a tad more at this point.

There are still some unanswered fundamental questions, but nothing I couldn't speculatively stab at.

Top Bottom