• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

nillapuddin

So..

I plan on just walking into Walmart at 10:30, chilling there, first person out of 15 or so that might show up

walking out the door with an LE, why exactly are we in a pre-order craze on amazon right now?

Ryaaan14

Banned
So..

I plan on just walking into Walmart at 10:30, chilling there, first person out of 15 or so that might show up

walking out the door with an LE, why exactly are we in a pre-order craze on amazon right now?

I'm in the same situation as you, especially since every copy I've bought at the store at midnight included the pre-order bonus in the packaging even though I didn't pre-order it.

I'm sure with a lot of other people they don't have this option though.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
So..

People like the sense of security that comes with pre-ordering. You've got a RECEIPT two months in advance, haha. I think I might cancel my pre-order and try my midnight release luck at a store closer to me, I think.

Ok, called a friend of mine and had him help me out for now, so I preordered from Amazon. Im still super bummed that I didn't get it from GS, hopefully they may open preorders back up for the LE, I want the game at midnight. Blah. Thats what I get for waiting. At least I have it preordered now.

A Halo LE actually getting closed this early? Crazy.

Amazon still has it with day of delivery. I could possibly snag you one and you could pay later.

Thanks for the offer, but Im good now!

nillapuddin

What ive done here in town the past couple years was

pre-order at gamestop the day its available
(nerd)

cancel it a week prior, walk into walmart with cash and walk out with the game

I'm in the same situation as you, especially since every copy I've bought at the store at midnight included the pre-order bonus in the packaging even though I didn't pre-order it.

this is true, at walmart i get all the little incentives regardless

Ryaaan14

Banned
Ok, called a friend of mine and had him help me out for now, so I preordered from Amazon. Im still super bummed that I didn't get it from GS, hopefully they may open preorders back up for the LE, I want the game at midnight. Blah. Thats what I get for waiting. At least I have it preordered now.

Fuckkkkk. That is going to be the longest night of your life bro. That's exactly why I can't do Amazon anymore. Too damn impatient.

nillapuddin

my friend whos lurking just texted and said his gamestop in Sacramento has run out of LE also

O well

Walmart Master Race
wait.. what

I, for one, don't intend on playing the game with stupid German dubbing. I had to order online anyway, so I just got it done ASAP.

Glad I got that LE ordered. That $115 is probably all I'll have for games this fall but I'm glad I could use it on the Halo 4 LE. AC3, RE6, and Borderlands 2 will all have to be Christmas gifts now I guess haha.

senador

Banned

A Halo LE actually getting closed this early? Crazy.

Cool, glad you got an LE at least.

Fuckkkkk. That is going to be the longest night of your life bro. That's exactly why I can't do Amazon anymore. Too damn impatient.

Heh, after getting all Halos since 2 at midnight, I'm giving them up. I'm sure I'll be bummed I can't play at midnight but oh well. I'm sick of waiting in line with stinky teenagers.

I haven't been sleeping til like 3-4 AM lately so that'll suck if I am up anyway. Maybe I'll go snag a regular edition and give it away the next day.

IHaveIce

Banned
I, for one, don't intend on playing the game with stupid German dubbing. I had to order online anyway, so I just got it done ASAP.

Same for me, but I do it this way for years.
Preorder limited Edition from the UK and preorder limited edition at Gamestop here in Germany or MediaMarkt.

So if the delivery is late I have a copy on launch, and when the superior UK version arrives I sell my double copy to a friend who doesn't mind the synchro.

Yeah, I have a few buddies at local GS's.. When the game ships Im gonna ask em if they got any extra LEs... If so, Ill cancel my Amazon preorder and pick it up there. Ill figure something out, but this still sucks.

Karl2177

I'll be headed to Gamestop today, and then I guess I'll go with Amazon if they don't have it.

I really wish things were clarified, but nope fuck that. We gotta trust.

My opinions on how 343 has handled a lot of Halo 4 stuff, so don't read if you're already 3 inches in:

Really shitty. Anniversary was crystal clear. We knew what we were getting pretty much a few months before it launched. Halo 4 has been nothing but gathering from multiple incorrect sources only to have Frank post a cryptic message on a gaming forum saying that he'll look into it. Is it impossible to put out a direct statement? "This is exactly what the limited edition has. This is the official specifications on it. Here is why you'll need 8GB of storage. Spartan Ops CGI will(not) be streamed." Can we get more of that and less of "buttspace. To be honest, I only answered this question so I could coin the term 'buttspace.'"

Ryaaan14

Banned
I'll be headed to Gamestop today, and then I guess I'll go with Amazon if they don't have it.

My opinions on how 343 has handled a lot of Halo 4 stuff, so don't read if you're already 3 inches in:

Really shitty. Anniversary was crystal clear. We knew what we were getting pretty much a few months before it launched. Halo 4 has been nothing but gathering from multiple incorrect sources only to have Frank post a cryptic message on a gaming forum saying that he'll look into it. Is it impossible to put out a direct statement? "This is exactly what the limited edition has. This is the official specifications on it. Here is why you'll need 8GB of storage. Spartan Ops CGI will(not) be streamed." Can we get more of that and less of "buttspace. To be honest, I only answered this question so I could coin the term 'buttspace.'"

ur so entitled!!!

I completely agree

Tawpgun

I'll probably pre order my copy on Friday. They'll probably still have LE editions. I hope.

Gonna ask gamestop and MS Store if they're gonna have launch events and what they're doing for them. Kinda silly for both of them to have launch events since they're in the same mall a few hundred feet from each other.

senador

Banned
An actual preorder list on Halo Waypoint would be ideal. I don't understand why its not done other than perhaps an external company is handling it and they don't know what's going on or something. I guess mystery and hype? Let each outlet sale you on it themselves?

TheOddOne

Been saying this for months bro! Join the club!

-signed Hypertrooper

Overdoziz

Banned
You can pre-order the LE for 69 Euros here.
I'm getting the normal version, though. Unless 343 decides to announce a proper map creator in the next 2 months that is.

IHaveIce

Banned

I agree, I'm still not happy how the information output for Halo 4 is handled

Plain Ben

I know that feeling. There's been a hell of a lot of gathering snippets of info from other sources, unsure of the legitimacy. Waypoint seems to just update a week or 2 after the informations been out. Even then there's often confusion over new features and such.

Goodness knows where we'd be if no-one brought cameras to expos.

Karl2177

I'm getting the normal version, though. Unless 343 decides to announce a proper map creator in the next 2 months that is.
I've been on the ropes about the LE mostly because of the Forward Unto Dawn content and the Recruit armor. I don't want to stream the FUD stuff, because Waypoint's streaming is awful.

I know that feeling. There's been a hell of a lot of gathering snippets of info from other sources, unsure of the legitimacy. Waypoint seems to just update a week or 2 after the informations been out. Even then there's often confusion over new features and such.

Goodness knows where we'd be if no-one brought cameras to expos.
If cameras weren't allowed we'd be at the same information point as the spring expo debuting the game.

At least Halo 5 pre-release won't be as painful. We'll know exactly what to expect.

Or what not to expect rather.

I think it'll be worse. More preorder exclusives. New console. Etc.

Edit: Off to class. More venting in an hour.

The only thing in the limited edition which actually seems worth the extra monies is:

UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet which includes a Spartan armour customisation schematic, an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity and insight into what it means to be one of humanity's finest warriors: the Spartan IVs.

But, what is the Infinity Briefing Packet exactly? Why should I pay £20 quid more for it? I would have a huge amount of buyers remorse if its just a massive poster or something.

At least with Reach they made it clear that the Halsey Diary was an actual book, with meaty content and it was written by Eric Nylund. Again, what the hell is the briefing packet?

Arnie

It was the lack of any skill ranking system that broke the camel's back, for me. I'm a huge Halo fan, I haven't had a standard copy since CE, heck, I had the cat helmet for 3, but I'm also a student now, so money's tight, and to be quite honest I've not been overly impressed with how Halo's evolved to suit fans like me.

It's like they put the BR back in and thought I'd be satisfied.

Halo's changed, now more than ever, and it's entered a path that doesn't aim to please people like me. I treat Halo like a sport, want each game to feel like it's part of something bigger, but now it's gone down the COD route, the same route every single shooter seems to be on now. And I'm tired of it. I was tired of it by about 2009, if I'm honest. I don't want to earn XP, I don't want to unlock guns, I don't want to unlock perks, and I don't want to create loadouts.

The limited edition is great value if you plan to stick with the game for a long time, looking at it's obnoxious additions, I don't know if I will, sadly.

The only thing in the limited edition which actually seems worth the extra monies is:

But, what is the Infinity Briefing Packet exactly? Why should I pay £20 quid more for it? I would have a huge amount of buyers remorse if its just a massive poster or something.

At least with Reach they made it clear that the Halsey Diary was an actual book, with meaty content and it was written by Eric Nylund. Again, what the hell is the briefing packet?
In fairness, the DLC is better value than anything they've ever included in a prior LE. And yet I probably shan't be buying it.

nillapuddin

whatever the hell this stuff is

"The UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet includes a Spartan armor customization schematic, information about UNSC weapons, and an introduction to the massive ship UNSC Infinity."

halo4_le_spillout_pegi_rgb.jpg

Fuchsdh

Steeeeelbook.

To me the map pack costs really just make it a $10 premium, and I think that the included extras will be enough for me. I def. understand frustration with not exactly knowing what you're getting though.

Tawpgun

I'm buying the LE for exclusive in game swag, early specilizations for my Evolved Unfair Advantage, and don't have to pay for DLC ever.

Extra fiction stuff is just icing on the cake.

nillapuddin

there is some fiction stuff in there about crimson and majestic

this isnt spoilery cause we have no context but

"Gabriel Thorne" is mentioned almost exclusively on these packets

plus, steelbook case right!
kinda wish i had both cases though : /

Top Bottom