• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Gray Man

Banned
I have a question for Frankie or Ellis.

Will we get to hear any more about the sound design of Halo 4? I'm talking about the gun sound, sound effects.

From what I've heard, they all sound like they have a unified sound design, but it makes a lot of the weapons sound too similar? Am I just hearing things? I'm mainly talking about the Covenant and Human weapons and vehicles.

edit- Idea, keep the banshee bomb power, decrease the speed, and add an audible sound effect to the players so you have another clue to get out of the way.

Next time I play the Ark or The Covenant, I'm gonna try it without vehicles. That Scorpion Tank march in the snow seems like it'd be difficult.

Karl2177

Next time I play the Ark or The Covenant, I'm gonna try it without vehicles. That Scorpion Tank march in the snow seems like it'd be difficult.
Personally I find that section more fun and dynamic if you take that section on the back of an AI mongoose. If the AI is being good that day, it is anyways.

Fotos

So its like 90 degrees in my house today and i tried to set up a new capture card for my Xbox. It wasn't working right and the audio was all messed up. After trying to fix it for 3 hours i was extremely annoyed so I went on to play some snipers on Halo Reach to relax a little. I was in first place on my team by over 15 and we were down by 20. My retarded teammates betrayed me 4 times in that game. After the capture card and this i just dash boarded in rage and now im gonna watch breaking bad to relax... this sucks

Pop

So its like 90 degrees in my house today and i tried to set up a new capture card for my Xbox. It wasn't working right and the audio was all messed up. After trying to fix it for 3 hours i was extremely annoyed so I went on to play some snipers on Halo Reach to relax a little. I was in first place on my team by over 15 and we were down by 20. My retarded teammates betrayed me 4 times in that game. After the capture card and this i just dash boarded in rage and now im gonna watch breaking bad to relax... this sucks
Games shouldn't make you rage this hard.

Striker

Agreed. Zealot is my favorite Reach map. It wouldn't be top 5 in any other Halo game.
If we're talking strictly 4v4 maps, it's not top five in 2 but it sure is in 3. For some reason people became fond of the grenade spam, lift camping central known as Construct, and Narrows had horrific spawns on par with Uncaged. After Heretic and Pit, I'll take Zealot over the rest by far.

The space section was incredibly stupid, but we've seen them implement shield doors and attic spawns as well, and those were just as awful. To no one's surprise, they made new map variants of them later on because of how abusive it became in MM. 343 will assuredly not make the same mistakes, but you never know (i.e. Camo/AA, Banshee fuel rod bomb, etc.).

If we're talking strictly 4v4 maps, it's not top five in 2 but it sure is in 3. For some reason people became fond of the grenade spam, lift camping central known as Construct, and Narrows had horrific spawns on par with Uncaged. After Heretic and Pit, I'll take Zealot over the rest by far.

The space section was incredibly stupid, but we've seen them implement shield doors and attic spawns as well, and those were just as awful. To no one's surprise, they made new map variants of them later on because of how abusive it became in MM. 343 will assuredly not make the same mistakes, but you never know (i.e. Camo/AA, Banshee fuel rod bomb, etc.).
Don't go dissing up my construct. Was my favorite in 3 and nothing compares to it in reach

Construct was only good with no radar, and Narrows was only good for CTF

both preferably MLG

senador

Banned
Tried to watch that Giant Bomb thing but that guy was too bad and his jokes lame. Something is up with the sound too, its warping their voices and making them sound much lower. Gah.

kylej

Banned
Bout 600 miles away from that thing rented a chalet up in the mountains in nc currently drinking in a hot tub overlooking crazy mountains

n5017fadb2cc94.gif

Top Bottom