• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Pookaki said:
message from my girlfriend;

I Must push back, help me push back.

lol at mr. chief.
Smart girl. I just can't bring myself to spend the kind of money on the Legendary version (god I hope Syracuse022 is right) . Limited all the way!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Louis Wu said:
the_man_is_dangerous.jpg
For a second I thought that was the scale of the sculpture. Any word about the size of this scultpure?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
godhandiscen said:
For a second I thought that was the scale of the sculpture. Any word about the size of this scultpure?

You can see the scale from the comparison with the game DVD case.

Merguson said:
I just want to clarify on one thing though, player health and vehicle health are separate now right?
Yes.
Does that mean that the player will still receive damage while still in the vehicle or does it depend on what vehicle the player is in? For example, in a warthog the player will still receive damage but in a wraith they won't because they are totally protected.
Not sure about this, but if the vehicle is about to fall apart, it'll give signs that you should bail out as soon as possible.

DualX

Merguson said:
Does that mean that the player will still receive damage while still in the vehicle or does it depend on what vehicle the player is in?
And to build on this, if the player doesn't get hurt when the vehicle it self is shot does that mean the vehicles will actually be harder to drive the more the vehicle is damaged (beyond just cosmetics) similar to what was shown in the Halo 2 multiplayer demo, or will it just explode right from under you?

Syracuse022 said:
I trust them more than that.
I was referring to GameStop more than anything because you know they will at least try to push for that type of material.

Any UK people know a good location to buy reach? trying to grab it as close to £10 as possible, I don't mind used as long as it's known to come from somewhere which actually cares about quality, so not GAME or GAMESTATION.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
I also love this Vidoc because of all the Lukems quotes. :lol

That and the armor customization stuff is really starting to look like something that is going to stop me from putting this game down.

The DMR looked sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

The reticule bloom didn't seem to affect it too much and the max ROF looked pretty high, at 4 shots per second, it tops even the H:CE pistol's ROF. Even pumping those shots out, it looked accurate enough to land 4 body shots reliably at medium-long range.

I think a big strategy with the DMR at range, will be to squeeze out 4 quick shots, then back off and send the last to the head like a surgeon. I was a little worried that with no need to lead shots, some of the strategy of the H:CE pistol or H:3 BR would be lost. Instead it seems the DMR's firing patterns are going to require a ton of skill to master, and to feel what kind of firing pattern you need at a certain range.

I love weapons like that, that are really wrinkled. The H3 AR can have that kind of depth , as as does the Splazer (even if it's just a bit over powered ;)) and it seems like a lot of Reach's weapons are going for that effect. The Bacon Wave rifle, the pro pipe, the Plasma Pistol, the human pistol, the needle rifle, they all have these wrinkles to them that make them really unique, and make the player really conscious of what they are doing.

I swore off of limited editions, but I suppose I'd be tempted if I can find the £60 special edition for around £40. Cheap ass Euro Gaf'ers will be my best friends this holiday season.

Downloading the ViDoc, now.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
jet1911 said:
Particules!

1fhbaw.gif
Wow, that's the best nade explosion I have seen. All that's missing is the walls to get some sort of damage on them to complete the effect. Pretty sure they will add that damage decal for the final game as it was already in Halo 3.

Spasm

Need a GIF of the Banshee strafing the Scorpion, and when it assplodes, the 'Shee flies through the splosion in overly dramatic, Hollywood fashion.

I'd normally be GIFing this like a madman, but I had to reinstall, and I can't find the codes for any of my software. :(

Azar

The new Vidoc was phenomenal. I really wish Luke Smith could narrate Halo multiplayer.

"Armor lock's insane! It's super powerful!"
"Bam. Games. Games. Games. Psshh. Rating. Psshh. Division."

Wow, what a way to start the day. Just finally caught up with the thread. That vidoc was amazing. This game is looking so freaking good.

The Covenant environment looks so nice. And it looks like I was wrong, detachable turrets are back. I wonder if any other support weapons will be in the game. I love the new mongoose... Its freaking huge. Wow. So awesome. I can not wait to play this game.

About the Legendary edition. I'm a bit sad that there are new special features with the game like making of's.. Maybe we will get one eventually. The statue seem pretty freaking awesome. Honestly I am not digging that elite design.. Maybe it will look cooler from different sides but I would prefer Heretic armor or something.

Man. All this news is awesome.. Now to finish my entry for the podcast song.. :D

KaYotiX

Banned
Pookaki said:
message from my girlfriend;

"yes and where does mr. chief's head live now? in your trunk... go for limited. all the good stuff without the dust collector"

I Must push back, help me push back.

lol at mr. chief.
Listen to her lol. Seriously, the Halo 3 legendary was $40 5 months after release and you can STILL find them in certain places. Limited edition is the way to go IMO.

Limited Edition doesn't mean limited any more, it means they can throw in £5 worth of extras for a £10 mark-up at retail. All about profits.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Diablohead said:
Limited Edition doesn't mean limited any more, it means they can throw in £5 worth of extras for a £10 mark-up at retail. All about profits.

A business striving to make a profit? Never heard of it.

derFeef

Diablohead said:
Metro 2033 Limited edition was ace. A watch (!), a keychain, a small booklet, ingame weapon and nice packaging for just 5€ more. Was really worth it imho.

I am really thinking of buying the Legendary as I ever wanted to buy some Halo figurines. The question is how much they would cost seperatly.

FourDoor

OuterWorldVoice said:
You can see the scale from the comparison with the game DVD case.

I suck at looking at things in perspective. If I look at the Halo 3 Legendary Cat Helmet with its stand, how does the Reach Legendary Statue stack up in height next to the cat helmet?

derFeef said:
Metro 2033 Limited edition was ace. A watch (!), a keychain, a small booklet, ingame weapon and nice packaging for just 5€ more. Was really worth it imho.

I am really thinking of buying the Legendary as I ever wanted to buy some Halo figurines. The question is how much they would cost seperatly.
This Metro 2033 Limited Edition was Amazon.de exclusiv. And just for the PC.

One Halo 3 figurines costs 12€-18€.

snack said:
Does the Legendary edition include everything from the Limited edition as well?
Roger that. You can even see that the Limited edition packaging (the ONI black box or whatever) fits into the Legendary case.

GhaleonEB

Kibbles said:
So awesome. :lol Imagine just walking by and seeing an explosion and then a body(ies) fly out of the room.
Yeah that was my first thought when I watched that part in the video. "Um, I'm finding a different way in..."

Edit: I'd love to see a gif of the epic Wraith explosion.

Diablohead said:
Just won a copy of ODST on ebay for £11.49 free postage, woop! beats all 2nd hand asking prices around.

On Amazon its 15 quid for ODST, so you beat them, but anyone else who still needs it should definetly get it for 15!

derFeef

I am doing the gifs you guys requested plus some more. my upload is not so good though and it needs a bit time. be patient! :)

Top Bottom