• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

EazyB

Banned
Trasher said:
What was it then? I just realized I was thinking of the SC2 beta. :p
It was around 1 gig right?

But Reach has like twice as much graphics so it'll probably be 2 gigs.

Wasn't there a link to an Xbox.com Reach Beta download that showed the size? It was somewhere around 1.5 gigs IIRC.

derFeef

hope you guys like, here are all gifs.

reach_hhar.gif

reach_bansheevscorpio.gif

reach_swordelite.gif

reach_sniperelite.gif

reach_grenadeinship.gif

reach_backasplode.gif

reach_needler.gif

reach_maprotate.gif

reach_focusrifle.gif

reach_cloakshottie.gif

reach_armorlock.gif

reach_byebye.gif

reach_bamout.gif

reach_decloak.gif

Kibbles

Not sure if posted, but Gamersyde put up their preview of the game.

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_halo_reach_beta-9211_en.html

Haven't read it yet, but be warned. Saw this at the end.

Before being jumped by Halo Fanboys, please keep in mind that i've never really enjoyed the Halo multiplayer experience, but i have to admit that the Bungie guys have outdone themselves to consolidate the Halo fundamentals while bringing some fresh new features. Concerning the technical side, it's quite difficult to judge, especially considering these bad conditions. But in my opinion, it won't be a graphical masterpiece, and it might even disappoint some of you (again). However, that didn't prevent Halo 3 from becoming one of the most played games on the Xbox Live service. So let's wait until May 3rd for those who has purchased Halo ODST !

Thermite

Diablohead said:
Game is 720p this time I think, am I right?

Digital Foundry did an analysis of the first ViDoc, and while the resolution wasn't exactly 1280x720, it's significantly closer than Halo 3 was. Something to note is that their analysis is based solely on an extremely outdated Alpha build, so as the visuals have increased in quality, perhaps the resolution has, as well.

Either way, the image quality for Reach is head and shoulders above Halo 3 and looks fantastic.

GhaleonEB

I love how in the Needler clip, the first target dives behind the other Elite, who promptly serves as a meat shield while he runs down the stairs. :lol

chess

ManCannon said:
Yes please. We need the Luke+Luke outtake remix from the team that brought you Spawn on Your Bro (Co-Op Style).

I have zero video editing skillz (I'm a networking guy) but here a little thing I threw together between meetings this afternoon. I don't have time or skill to make it great but I found it amusing.

Battle Bros?

FrankT

Thermite said:
Digital Foundry did an analysis of the first ViDoc, and while the resolution wasn't exactly 1280x720, it's significantly closer than Halo 3 was. Something to note is that their analysis is based solely on an extremely outdated Alpha build, so as the visuals have increased in quality, perhaps the resolution has, as well.

Either way, the image quality for Reach is head and shoulders above Halo 3 and looks fantastic.

Bungie should just put the number on the table and be done with it. Forget the pixel counting fairies. I'm sure it is close to 720p and it would be nice if they squeezed it however.

Stinkles hook me up bro. :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
dang, the game looks soo beautiful , remember those pre-pre-pre-pre-alpha pic leaks that leaked months ago and people thought that was what the game was gonna look like? :[

Gui_PT

Lead Based Paint said:
Thats bullshit. It needs to go up a lot earlier than that.
Lazy assholes

Isn't may 3rd a monday? I don't see people being able to play it in the morning

Also, u rockin' the same mustache I am

Kibbles said:
Not sure if posted, but Gamersyde put up their preview of the game.

http://gamersyde.com/news_gamersyde_preview_halo_reach_beta-9211_en.html

Haven't read it yet, but be warned. Saw this at the end.

What the fuck, they try the game on shitty tv's with terrible connections and wrong cables, they make it clear, but then nonetheless they give a fairly negative feedback on the visual department.

That's professional journalism.

The end quote with the halo-fanboy thing is really stupid.

JohnIIVII

EazyB said:
It was around 1 gig right?

But Reach has like twice as much graphics so it'll probably be 2 gigs.

Wasn't there a link to an Xbox.com Reach Beta download that showed the size? It was somewhere around 1.5 gigs IIRC.
The Halo 3 Beta was 911mb. I actually still have it on my HDD so I just checked :lol

Letters said:
Btw, what was up with the water in the vidoc? Looked nothing like it usually does, in a bad way.

Agreed, it looked horrible in some scenes. Im going to hope this is just down to poor quality video footage or something.

Gui_PT

Minor detail, but I love how the Focus Rifle's shot splashes all over the wall instead of just hitting it without any effect

ob0e9t.jpg

Raide

I just had the random thought of a Forge Gametype for Reach. It involves only Jetpacks and Plasma-swords (Air clashes in yes?). Its an objective game where 1 team has to board the other teams pirate ship and steal their booty and then escape.

Might need some work. :lol :lol

feel

bobs99 ... said:
Agreed, it looked horrible in some scenes. Im going to hope this is just down to poor quality video footage or something.
I don't think it has to do with video quality, it's definitely not the same water, very static.

CrazedArabMan said:
Uh guys, something is seriously wrong here...

http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Legendary-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HCVK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1271970222&sr=8-1

0_0

59.99, definitively a mistake right now
:D Sweet, preordered. Wanted the LimEd, but can't beat that LegEd price at launch. Let's see if they honor it, they probably will, or knowing amazon at least I'll get some credit on a future purchase or something.

Top Bottom