• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Monocle said:
Not having read that interview, or many other opinions about realistic military shooters for that matter, I've nonetheless held for many years the same view you describe. It feels wrong to turn so grave a subject as war into cheap entertainment. I have found no excuse not to respect the immense suffering caused by large-scale human conflict.
Have any of us?

Does playing Halo or CoD cause disrespect to that suffering? If I play Forza 3 with the intention of ramming my car into others so they do flips and shit, does that mean I am disrespecting everyone who died in a car crash during a race?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Hydranockz said:
Have any of us?

Does playing Halo or CoD cause disrespect to that suffering? If I play Forza 3 with the intention of ramming my car into others so they do flips and shit, does that mean I am disrespecting everyone who died in a car crash during a race?

No man! You don't get it! As long as the humans are in fully covering suits of armor and they are in a game I enjoy, that doesn't count! :lol

feel

Dammit, ok, uuh.... the beta was as shit as the BR!!!!!!!! What was Bungie thinking about that weapon back then, both this beta and the BR, lowest points in Bungie history, smh.

Gui_PT

kbyd5d.jpg

Ramirez

I can't wait til Reach comes out, so that after a month of playtime we'll lose half of the tards in this thread, and things can go back to being semi normal.

Ramirez said:
I can't wait til Reach comes out, so that after a month of playtime we'll lose half of the tards in this thread, and things can go back to being semi normal.
Indeed. I just want to teabag you all in customs because I <3 you all :p

chapel said:
Montage Discussion

I have two songs I enjoy, that I might want in the montage, but I am not sure if they are the right material, for either a montage in general, or just not mainstream enough if you get what I mean. I will link to them.

Bankai - Faun

sharkara - strut

Still looking for recommendations. So far I have some interesting song ideas given, but nothing really stands out you know. My only requirement is that it cant be a really popular song, like something used in a big movie or something that might be played on MTV.
I like them both, whether or not either of them will work. Strut has some serious Halo overtones going on.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
kylej said:
And I've been counting on more dopes with infantile moral codes to conveniently hop in Ghaleon's backpack like you. We're all very impressed by your chivalry. Hopefully when Reach comes out you'll be able to clean your pussy enough to handle all the realistic human vs human conflict in military environments. Of course, if you really had such strong moral boundaries you would have no interest in Halo, which means you wouldn't be in this thread, which would be a benefit to all of us!
the hell is wrong with you, boy

feel

he goatsed some people in the OT yesterday, that probably factored in too

Hydranockz said:
Wait, are we expecting a podcast in the next few days? Was Monday the sort of 'suuuure, we'll have one out then *wink wink*' affair?

Funny fake achievements for Reach.

Bungietweets linked to HBO which in turn linked to hawtymcbloggy... lol?
They are trying to get it out the door this month, but said no promises. It's coming the next few days for sure.

And everyone would be 1000/1000 in the first few days with those cheesemints. :)
I actually enjoyed reading that list, and the icons for each one were nice!

GhaleonEB

Orgy Time. Love it. :lol

I'm hoping the achievements are more along the lines of Annual and less about completing campaign missions.

Of course, with the Challenges, they can really go nuts after ship.
Gui_PT said:
Sweet! We just need a girl.

Pretty sure it's too late to have a podcast this month. Guess we'll have a double podcast month this June.
We have no information of what will be shown on E3, do we?
Sketch has said campaign will be there. To what degree, and if there are any other feature reveals in the mix, we don't know.

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
We can boost them together :p

Pretty sure it's too late to have a podcast this month. Guess we'll have a double podcast month this June.

Kapura

Banned
Gui_PT said:

That seems a little speculative to me. I think they will probably get the one they already have recorded out in June (probably) and if we're lucky we'll see a second one. But it might get pushed back into july, causing the cycle to repeat itself.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
ProTip: When people in a thread are not discussing something you want, don't post in it. You guys just shit the place up with posts like this.
That was a joke to try and lighten things up while everyone was bickering... >_>

At least I know how to not shit up the thread by freaking out at Bungie when playing their beta that they were kind enough to let me play.

Don't act like you are some perfect poster because you aren't. Thanks.

Church RvB said:
There's a joke about Trasher living up to his name in here somewhere. I'm too tired to think of it though.
That's the best you got? That one is so overused! :p

Gui_PT

Kapura said:
That seems a little speculative to me. I think they will probably get the one they already have recorded out in June (probably) and if we're lucky we'll see a second one. But it might get pushed back into july, causing the cycle to repeat itself.

I think ManCannon said we'd get two in June if they don't record one in time for this month.

I might be wrong though.

GhaleonEB said:
Sketch has said campaign will be there. To what degree, and if there are any other feature reveals in the mix, we don't know.

Missed that somehow. Thank you.

EazyB

Banned
Got my first videogame toy the other day. Set me back $6 but I think it was necessary.

2rzrua1.jpg

Ugh, why'd kylej have to go and get himself banned. Shoulda stuck with hilarious one-liners instead of getting engaged in that stupid conversation.

zumphry

Banned
Kapura said:

podcast_cycle.png

(it sucks/is rushed, I know)

Trasher

EazyB said:
Got my first videogame toy the other day. Set me back $6 but I think it was necessary.
Remember that jerk who wouldn't let us trade him for his Chopper toy? I offered him like three other Halo toys for it, and he wouldn't budge.

EazyB said:
Ugh, why'd kylej have to go and get himself banned. Shoulda stuck with hilarious one-liners instead of getting engaged in that stupid conversation.
ProTip: Don't engage in dumb arguments. Just use stupid jokes.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
Another ProTip: lighten up.

(That's aimed at me.)
I actually had that in my post earlier, but I took it out haha. Thanks for putting that out there though. :)

HaloGAF group hug anyone? Too bad kylej can't get in on it. :(

Diablohead said:
I have no idea if I am suppose to bump the halo 3 thread from 2009, use the odst thread or here but I returned to halo 3 mp and since playing Reach my experiance with halo 3 is somewhat different.

I love halo 2/3 multi but always had some iffy moments and BR problems, after playing Reach however and becoming use to the play style in the beta it's changed how I play halo 3 online, aka I rush in less for the melee finish and use other weapons differently, manily the magnum.

The h3 magnum has always been a fun gun for me, it fires a little show and could pack more punch on body shots but I love to use it, it's like a pocket BR with pocket firepower. I can't explain why but after playing reach my pistol skills have improved vastly. I think people underestimate it because it fires slowly.

Just had this game in the double xp playlist, yeah yeah it's terratories which means a few free kills but they always shoot back, it's not like I approach from behind each time as most of my kills were in the middle.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1664276255&player=Diablohead UK

It was good fun :D

If you think about it, the Reach Pistol is pretty similar to the Halo 3 Magnum (except the zoom), I would say I prefer it despite its low RoF because of its consistancy. Its probably easier to use on Reach because no one has anything better than a 5 shot weapon usually. I was also having a lot of fun with the thing during Team Control though :p

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
GhaleonEB said:

I remember an interview where it seemed that campaign would be the main focus of E3 considering the Beta just passed and people got their take on the multiplayer.

Shrinnan said:
I remember an interview where it seemed that campaign would be the main focus of E3 considering the Beta just passed and people got their take on the multiplayer.
Makes the most sense and has the most precedence. It'll be a nice campaign blow-out, get a trailer, hopefully some gameplay on Stage etc.

Church RvB said:
I think that would be cool. But I've seen a few people against it. It won't hurt the game, with or with out it.
I can't see any reason why not, really. Make the last few moments of a game that much more interesting.

Edit: I mean in terms of gameplaye any reason why not. Not sure if the engine can do it or not.

Neverender said:
I can't see any reason why not, really. Make the last few moments of a game that much more interesting.

I can't come up with any real reason. But I'm sure some people could say 'Most of the time it'll just be a boring DMR kill, or a dumb grenade kill.'

Other people might just say 'Get this shit out of my Halo!'

I'd like to see it in the final game.

I just want to see in-game kills, deaths and assists.

Not just kills.

You could have someone with 10 kills mid-game, but 13 deaths. And you wouldn't know to tell him to hang back for a bit.

Top Bottom