• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Genesis Knight said:
Nothing stretches past 2012.

Some things do, like my own private Ark! I have a seat open if the price is right. :D

You also might want to rehost that image bud. Being a JR member you might get hammered for that.

FrankT

It will be no earlier than Fall 2013. I've been saying that for a long time, but it's pretty obvious when all the Xbox suits have been talking about a 10 year plan, Natal the mid-life booster, ect, ect. So that means at least 2015 on support and 2 years at best before that for a new release. MS is in no hurry to release new hardware anytime soon. 2 years out no way.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jtyettis said:
It will be no earlier than Fall 2013. I've been saying that for a long time, but it's pretty obvious when all the Xbox suits have been talking about a 10 year plan, Natal the mid-life booster, ect, ect. So that means at least 2015 on support and 2 years at best before that for a new release. MS is in no hurry to release new hardware anytime soon. 2 years out no way.

I REALLY don't see why people keep thinking these motion controls are "life boosters." If anything they are just a tool to reach out to more casual gamers/larger gamer base.

"No earlier than 2013" is a pretty safe bet since nothing has been mentioned and even if they announce it at E3 2011 it will still be at least a year off.

Dirtbag

^Bungie Weekly Update

Jtyettis said:

10 year life cycle was the PS3 thing I thought, you sure you aren't inserting MS into that one?
Natal being a mid-life booster is assuming it actually sells well. I'll be curious to see how well it's received, but its definitely not looking like something that is aiming at the current owners but instead to create an additional market.

FrankT

Dirtbag said:
10 year life cycle was the PS3 thing I thought, you sure you aren't inserting MS into that one?
Natal being a mid-life booster is assuming it actually sells well. I'll be curious to see how well it's received, but its definitely not looking like something that is aiming at the current owners but instead to create an additional market.

No I'm not. Must of missed E3 last year as that is exactly what MS told the world;

"We firmly believe that the Xbox 360 has a life cycle through 2015 (ten years after the launch)," Kim told Venture Beat.

Will Natal be a mid-life booster who knows, but with a launch of slim, Natal, and rebranding yea they are treating as such. Whether or not it does have any effect who knows, but they will ride this out to at least 2013. They firmly believe it is at it's midpoint and unless it just falls off a cliff they have a huge base to work with until that point.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dirtbag said:
^Bungie Weekly Update

Uhg, I am an idiot. Thanks for pointing it out. :lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Considering doing a live chat room for HaloGAF during the Microsoft conference/E3 or whatever. Found a nice chat client, no sign ups, nothing complicated like irc or anything like that. Would there be any interest for it come next week?

big ander

Dani said:
Considering doing a live chat room for HaloGAF during the Microsoft conference/E3 or whatever. Found a nice chat client, no sign ups, nothing complicated like irc or anything like that. Would there be any interest for it come next week?
Heck yes.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:

Isn't that pretty much what we do here?

I'm not downing on you or dashing your initiative what so ever, but that may be more work than you need to put in.

That said, I imagine you are anticipating service being down more than up around here. :lol

FourDoor

Dani said:

Only if someone copy and pastes the chat log for the rest of us who can't join the chat session. :D

Dani said:
Irc isn't complicated...
#bungie fo' life!

I'm in, of course.

Dani said:
I'll be down for that if I can be on the computer at the time of Microsoft's E3 press conference.

Dani said:
Yeah, I'll join.

Blueblur1

Dani said:
Of course you have to have a chat room. It's HaloGAF tradition. And I can actually join using my iPhone.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Here's a wee test here. Tell me if there's any issues so I can iron them out for next week. Could someone check if it's iPhone friendly?

It's not meant to replace GAF, we've had chats before but there's always a hassle and I know some folks are IRC phobic. Like I said, simple, no set up or sign up.

And transcripts will be recorded for blackma... posting here later. :D

Blueblur1

Good old EFnet. I've missed you.

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zo7taa.jpg

Dani said:
Here's a wee test here. Tell me if there's any issues so I can iron them out for next week. Could someone check if it's iPhone friendly?

It's not meant to replace GAF, we've had chats before but there's always a hassle and I know some folks are IRC phobic. Like I said, simple, no set up or sign up.

There's nothing but a single sentence on there. I'm confused.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

Is there a way to filter out the riff raff? Lots of lurkers will be flooding in. Also, I had to register for your site to access it. Sneaky, sneaky.

Dani said:

Is it meant to be down already? :p

In the meantime... why not use Tashi's stream :p hahaha

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani said:

IRC

complicated

^ pick one!

But I'm in. ;P #bungie fo life

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Is there a way to filter out the riff raff? Lots of lurkers will be flooding in. Also, I had to register for your site to access it. Sneaky, sneaky.

Registration? No, that's suppose to be disabled. You can choose a fresk nickname and just login as a guest. Well, should be. :lol

Yeah, there's tools to control the masses.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dani said:
Registration? No, that's suppose to be disabled. You can choose a fresk nickname and just login as a guest. Well, should be. :lol

Yeah, there's tools to control the masses.

Doesn't seem to be working well for me. I get a compressed screen and can't see anyone chatting. It's probably my settings though.

Blueblur1 said:
Is it supposed to look like this on Firefox?

http://i49.tinypic.com/334hxyg.jpg

That's exactly what I'm getting.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Thanks for help folks. Going to look into the bugs and some issues. Thanks for the help. I'll PM some of to get some some more feedback over the next days if you'd be so kind.

Cynar

EazyB said:
Didn't Halo Wars come out around then? Wouldn't know because I didn't buy that piece of shit.

That's a shame because it's a pretty decent console RTS and I would love to see a Halo Wars 2.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Domino Theory said:
To Tashi: can you please stream the GTTV episode airing tonight?

Unless theres something that comes up unexpectedly, I'd be glad to. What time does it air on the Beast Coast?

Also dani if you cant get that chat up and running you can use my jtv channel as a back up.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tashi0106 said:
Unless theres something that comes up unexpectedly, I'd be glad to. What time does it air on the Beast Coast?

Also dani if you cant get that chat up and running you can use my jtv channel as a back up.

Care to post a link to your jtv channel good sir?

Blueblur1

It'll be on late. Like 12:35am. I wish it was on at a more reasonable time like 9pm that way I could watch it and then go out for the evening.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Tashi0106 said:

Thanks dude. Right now I have another backup worked out, so we'll be having chat one way or another for certain. =)

Cynar

Dirtbag said:
^Bungie Weekly Update

MS said the same thing

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:

11pm EST

feel

Having some cock tattoo conversations with a fake Dani and a fake Gui on the FUD chat, it seems to be working well. We can use that one.

Blueblur1

Gui_PT said:
Are we getting the BWU today?
There's no reason why we shouldn't. And if we weren't, I'm sure Brian would have mentioned something by now. Urk has posted for a while so maybe he's busy working on it? I can only hope he is.

Dirtbag

Tashi0106 said:
Btw whats on GTTV tonight? Nothing Halo related right?

Nothing major, if we were getting something new the powers that be would be pounding the war drum by now. I know there is a Killzone 3 thing.

Top Bottom