• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Beta Thread

feel

SpudBud said:
If you liked Oldboy you should check out Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance.
Was thinking of buying the OldBoy bluray in a few days, but I see there's a pack with all three coming in June, I might get that instead, thanks!

/thread derail

Magni

OuterWorldVoice said:
Here's my guess as to why:

"Da N-word"

I had the same issue trying to enter the term "Spice" presumably because of the offensive term "spic"

It's annoying, but racist kids made it annoying, not XBL policies.

It's just four letters on a screen in an M rated game, if some kid wants to be stupid and have "FUCK" or "CUNT" as his tag, who cares. DANI because of "DA NIgger" ? What a fucking stretch!

So, will "Neutral Assault" films still be renamed to -blam!- ?

Church RvB said:
WTF at the Techno/house/trance hate. People blast rap A LOT more often. :-/

To be fair the auther of the article came across as well as the people on live :lol

I seriously dont get people who play music through the mic though, why?

Flipyap

Shake Appeal said:
David Lynch had no business making a Dune movie, but what are you gonna do.
And yet, to this day his movie is the best, most iconic portrayal of the universe, even with all the ridiculous creative liberties it took. It's not an easy story to adapt, and the visuals in Lynch's movie would be hard to beat. I'm glad that crazy movie exists.

Letters said:
I watched Oldboy for the first time after wondering what the hell his new avatar was all about, and now it's one of my favorite movies ever. :lol

That movie is fucking insane. I loved it, even though it was not what I expected at all.

RefigeKru

Banned
From that article;

"He talks the largest amount of garbage pre-game, and offers the greatest amount of excuses post-game."

:lol I love guys like this, but it's the worst when they're on your team. I remember a BTB Slayer game on Rat's Nest where my team was talking shit to me because I just destroyed their group in the game before. I went 33-6 I think and they didn't get anywhere near enough kills for us to compete with the other team who was just destroying them in waves. Apparently, as a General, it was my fault that my team lost. Because I wasn't good enough.

I think I've said this before, but unless I'm with 1 other person who can hold their own and I can co-ordinate with, I'm a team player -- but in the sense that I'll kill everyone trying to kill my team to make it easier for my team to complete the objective. I'll only go for the flag when I'm playing with my friend.

Chinner

Banned
one of my flatmates friends came over and he liked videogames. i was kind of just moping about saying how i was in a bad mood and shit so he invited himself to play halo with me. turns out he was another MLG tard with the annoying sterotype to boot. he was like "oh gawd you're not a lv 50 what a noob!" and he actually said noob. So I was like yeah I just like playing btb its fun and he was like "NOOB!". so anyway we play a mlg game on guardian and starts smack talking and trying to get onto ledges and shit.

it was pretty boring, and he kept cheating (well, id say cheating) by looking at my screen when I wasnt doing it to him. i mean, just seems a bit contradicting if you're playing a gametype about skill and then you just cheat.

i did manage to put him down though, i was like, mlg on halo is pointless its just mild competitveness mixed with no fun. if i want to actually to play any games that actually require skill then i'll just play cs or quake. he didnt have a reply to that bitch.

Kapura said:
Yea, HaloGAF is taking amazon to the cleaners lol. Same situation as everyone else, I brought up the fact that I am aware other customers that got in on the pre-order mishap had their original order price reinstated and they did it for me. Very cool of Amazon.

ultron87

Captain Blood said:
Yea, HaloGAF is taking amazon to the cleaners lol. Same situation as everyone else, I brought up the fact that I am aware other customers that got in on the pre-order mishap had their original order price reinstated and they did it for me. Very cool of Amazon.

I really hope that all of you making all this noise to take advantage of an obvious pricing error doesn't in some way push them towards revising their current extremely consumer friendly customer service policies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Might be old now, but some off screen images from a french journalist from the press event recently. Most likely old.

87486870.jpg

89283101.jpg

89551271.jpg

Dani said:
Might be old now, but some off screen images from a french journalist from the press event recently. Most likely old.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/266384/87486870.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/89283101.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/89551271.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
New to me. I can't wait for the videos tomorrow.

Lunchbox said:
wtf is this all AR start bullshit

wheres the dmr pistol load out bungle

Probably normal TS loadouts. Slayer pro is where the DMR spawns are I imagine. Though theyre bound to be dotted around the map anyway. At least the pistol is a beast :D

ultron87

Lunchbox said:
wtf is this all AR start bullshit

wheres the dmr pistol load out bungle

At least you get something for medium range in the pistol. It could be just AR. Or even worse it could be something shitty like SMG start from Halo 2.

GhaleonEB

BladedExpert said:
Probably normal TS loadouts. Slayer pro is where the DMR spawns are I imagine. Though theyre bound to be dotted around the map anyway. At least the pistol is a beast :D
Yeah. And we've seen DMR Loadouts on Overlook, Boneyard and (I think) Powerhouse, all of which have larger outdoors areas. That shot is from Sword Base, the indoors map. From what we've seen and heard, the pistol should be just fine as a starting weapon at any rate. Plus, Loadouts are playlist and gametype-specific, so that may just be one variant. IIRC, the DMR is harder to use up close than a pistol, so I'm not surprised to see the latter the default on an indoors map.

I wouldn't hit the Panic button just yet.

Magni

Thank god I won't be getting the French version this time around, the names suck ><

If I download the beta from a FR account on a FR console (language set to English), from a UK ODST disk, will the beta be in French or in English (is it dependent on the console language, the disk, or the account?)

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah. And we've seen DMR Loadouts on Overlook, Boneyard and (I think) Powerhouse, all of which have larger outdoors areas. That shot is from Sword Base, the indoors map. From what we've seen and heard, the pistol should be just fine as a starting weapon at any rate. Plus, Loadouts are playlist and gametype-specific, so that may just be one variant. IIRC, the DMR is harder to use up close than a pistol, so I'm not surprised to see the latter the default on an indoors map.

I wouldn't hit the Panic button just yet.

Exactly. Also, with new shield/melee mechanics there wont be so much bullshit with AR -> beatdowns. It'll take a little more skill to win that fight I imagine.

Zezboob

MagniHarvald said:
Thank god I won't be getting the French version this time around, the names suck ><

If I download the beta from a FR account on a FR console (language set to English), from a UK ODST disk, will the beta be in French or in English (is it dependent on the console language, the disk, or the account?)
Normally, it's dependent on the console language.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
For service tag, I'll use "TASH" I will miss T23 though. That's done me well since the beginning. Damn, I can't wait for this beta.

I'm assuming this beta requires an Xbox Live subscription? I'm just wondering because mine runs out in the middle of the beta, so I'm wondering if I'll have to renew it or not.

BladedExpert said:
Dunno about Team Slayer on swordbase, but those off-screens are from Headhunter.

Shalashaska161 said:
I'm assuming this beta requires an Xbox Live subscription? I'm just wondering because mine runs out in the middle of the beta, so I'm wondering if I'll have to renew it or not.
The beta will most certainly require Xbox Live.
Edit: CAPT for me :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Best Reach related quote I've seen.

It's fun to assassin° someone by the air, when you jizz, your opponent can just cry because he don't know where you come from.

:lol

Demoncarnotaur said:
That is amazing. What picture is that from?

Also, those off screen shots are new to me. Any more?

"Skybox" of Boneyard. From this guy.

Man, I love French.

I would definitely be more interested in Headhunter if it was called Chasseur de Têtes.

Also, instead of respawning you "reappear", basically.

Top Bottom