• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Domino Theory said:
I doubt that considering their deal with Activision.

That deal with Activision was specifically for that one IP. They develop games for that IP and Activision publishes them.

I'm going to invoke "Air Bud" here and say: there's nothing in the rules that says a dog can't play basketball. Replace "rules" with "Activision deal" and "play basketball" with "Bungie can't develop another IP on the side".

My money is on "Seven Seraphs" though.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I can't imagine that Bungie would register domain names without thinking that they would get out. What if the domain name for the new IP was registered years ago? Seems possible to me.

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:
I can't imagine that Bungie would register domain names without thinking that they would get out. What if the domain name for the new IP was registered years ago? Seems possible to me.
It won't be long now with them selling merchandise already.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Alienshogun said:
Could it be the name of the game, and potentially the name of factions in that game?

Like ONI and what not?

Perhaps we have a factional space shooter on our hands? :D
I.. I kind of want Bungie to do a 3D action-adventure slash platformer kind of game.

Like, really want, actually.

kylej

Banned
got a new slim xbox... first time playing Halo without a shitty old wireless G dongle. more fluid connections are reinvigorating my desire to shit on kids.

connections feel sooooo gooooooooooood

GhaleonEB

electricpirate said:
All those names sound really weird to me, but all distinctly space combaty.
That's what I was going to say. The Aerospace name and imagry are enough of a clue, but this just adds to it. I agree it sounds a lot more like in-game/fiction stuff rather than actual names. Seven Seraphs especially (Seventh Column-ish name. And the Seraph as a ship in Reach.)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ramirez said:
Most boring part of the campaign, I hope not.

Not a fan of space shooters?

GhaleonEB said:
That's what I was going to say. The Aerospace name and imagry are enough of a clue, but this just adds to it. I agree it sounds a lot more like in-game/fiction stuff rather than actual names. Seven Seraphs especially (Seventh Column-ish name. And the Seraph as a ship in Reach.)

7 seraphs is a harken back to 7 samurai, which is the idea behind 7th column.

Which is also something they kept alluding to with the Reach story prior to release.

A Seraph is a also a/the highest ranking of angels, the ones that attend God.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ramirez said:
Most boring part of the campaign, I hope not.
Action Adventure as in something like Psychonauts, or God of War kind of setup, or even in an open world kind of scenario. Gotta be lots of action, and lots of adventure. Not really much shooting.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
7 seraphs is a harken back to 7 samurai, which is the idea behind 7th column.

Which is also something they kept alluding to with the Reach story prior to release.

A Seraph is a also a/the highest ranking of angels, the ones that attend God.
Bungie just likes the number seven. Always has. I hesitate to read any more into it than that.

Edit: I've spent the past hour and a half trying to record a Campaign clip from a game my daughter and I played earlier tonight. It needs to be from the third person for part of the clip, but when I watch the film again, it's only from the first person. Even though I filmed most of it from the third person. Not sure what to do, but the clip isn't nearly as funny or even interesting from first person. :(

Edit: just tried recording the entire clip from third person. When previewing the clip, it reverts back to first person. A glitch is preventing me from creating a film of a massive glitch! It would be funny if it didn't suck so hard.

Edit: nothing I do will work. Theater mode is broken for this clip. Nothing recorded in the entire run of the mission will actually record from anything but the first person.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
hhalo.jpg

<3 Reach.

Well I went ahead and snapped some shots of the Chief with ODST and Mark V shoulders. Also hit the auto levels in Photoshop for kicks and it looks quite nice.

210x0rm.jpg

xd9lk9.jpg

Wizman23 said:
This times a million. It was fun the first few times, now I just wish you could skip the space part. Bungie should stick with shooters

That said, the shooter part of the mission was one of the best things ive played. It might not be fun for longer than a few encounters, but if the next Bungie game has more Zero G stuff im interested.

What! We tried it the last time we had 4 people going through. Got it fully into the elevator, then it went up with Kat and we all got teleported outside the bottom elevator door with no way of continuing.

Must try again solo, I guess.

ElRenoRaven

Barrow Roll said:
Well I went ahead and snapped some shots of the Chief with ODST and Mark V shoulders. Also hit the auto levels in Photoshop for kicks and it looks quite nice.

http://i55.tinypic.com/210x0rm.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/xd9lk9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Hmm. Both look good. The mark 5 shoulders would look better if they didn't sit on top of the armor so much. That I think is what makes them not look exactly right.

[QUOTE=ShinAmano]Pretty funny...I tried with the hog...but it did not quite fit in the elevator and exploded killing everyone when I tried.[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not but hell froze over and on Oni Swordbase a couple of friends and I managed to get a warthog in the elevator. The problem though was we couldn't get it out without blowing it up. If we can figure that out then we could pull it off I think.

ShinAmano

PsychoRaven said:
Believe it or not but hell froze over and on Oni Swordbase a couple of friends and I managed to get a warthog in the elevator. The problem though was we couldn't get it out without blowing it up. If we can figure that out then we could pull it off I think.
Crazy...we tried just about everything...from backing it in to punching the hog till parts broke off.

Anyhow...I am sure you guys have already seen the latest Bulletstorm trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXJVmJcnbd0

I wonder if the general public will get the reference?

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
Anyone interested in doing the Weekly?
If you don't get any partners, I did the Weekly using the Campaign Co-op playlist last night. We did Long Night of Solace, everyone voted for Legendary. Fast, fun romp with minimal lag and a big cR payout thanks to the increase bonuses in matchmaking. I think I'll be spending a bit more time in the playlist, especially this week when people will probably be doing more Legendary play thanks to the Weekly.

I'm glad scoring is turned on for it, I do get a kick out of seeing the medals pop up during Campaign. Just needs Grunt Birthday Party turned on and it'd be perfect. Any mode it's not on just feels like something is missing. :lol
NOKYARD said:
Send me a link. I am going to cap some speed runs with my HD card today or tomorrow.
Will do. I'll send you a PM with the link when I get home, and the time stamps. Thanks a ton.

NOKYARD

GhaleonEB said:
Edit: just tried recording the entire clip from third person. When previewing the clip, it reverts back to first person. A glitch is preventing me from creating a film of a massive glitch! It would be funny if it didn't suck so hard.

Edit: nothing I do will work. Theater mode is broken for this clip. Nothing recorded in the entire run of the mission will actually record from anything but the first person.
Send me a link. I am going to cap some speed runs with my HD card today or tomorrow.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
If you don't get any partners, I did the Weekly using the Campaign Co-op playlist last night. We did Long Night of Solace, everyone voted for Legendary. Fast, fun romp with minimal lag and a big cR payout thanks to the increase bonuses in matchmaking. I think I'll be spending a bit more time in the playlist, especially this week when people will probably be doing more Legendary play thanks to the Weekly.

I'm glad scoring is turned on for it, I do get a kick out of seeing the medals pop up during Campaign. Just needs Grunt Birthday Party turned on and it'd be perfect. Any mode it's not on just feels like something is missing. :lol

Thanks. Will definitely try that. Let's hope people vote for Legendary :lol

And it's a shame that playlist is always so empty, it's usually a lot of fun.

Gui_PT said:
Thanks. Will definitely try that. Let's hope people vote for Legendary :lol

And it's a shame that playlist is always so empty, it's usually a lot of fun.
I ventured over to it during the Christmas break, and I love it. It's the only playlist where I actually prefer it if people quit. :lol

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
I'll be romping in this tonight with my kid (just sent her an email as a heads up). The best thing about the descriptions is the "drop ships disabled". No more seeing four rockets sail toward the pack of dudes disembarking and hoping mine hits first. With drop ships disabled enemies stream in through doors on maps like Corvette and Courtyard, and beam in Score Attack-style on maps like Overlook. It makes for MUCH more interesting gameplay; I wish we only saw drop ships on boss and bonus round waves in the main game.
electricpirate said:
That sounds like a solid palate cleanser between more serious modes. Fistfight especially :lol
And even better, it will clear out the riff-raff from Firefight Limited when that goes live (still waiting for details on it). The constant explosions are over there, fellas. Go make things go boom, I've got Elites to headshot.

Kuroyume said:
Are Firefight Arcade games long or short?
I hope you can't read bnet for some reason, because there's no other excuse for not being able to read past the second sentence. :lol

Firefight Arcade is up and running. Go blow up some bad guys.

1 team of 4 takes on the crazy Firefight experience. Teams have unlimited lives as they play for 15 minutes.

GhaleonEB said:
I'll be romping in this tonight with my kid (just sent her an email as a heads up). The best thing about the descriptions is the "drop ships disabled". No more seeing four rockets sail toward the pack of dudes disembarking and hoping mine hits first. With drop ships disabled enemies stream in through doors on maps like Corvette and Courtyard, and beam in Score Attack-style on maps like Overlook. It makes for MUCH more interesting gameplay; I wish we only saw drop ships on boss and bonus round waves in the main game.

And even better, it will clear out the riff-raff from Firefight Limited when that goes live (still waiting for details on it). The constant explosions are over there, fellas. Go make things go boom, I've got Elites to headshot.
???? Are you talking about your kid or someone else's? Cause I'm confused to why you would send email, :lol

squidhands said:
I hope you can't read bnet for some reason, because there's no other excuse for not being able to read past the second sentence. :lol

Can you go in with a friend without being matched up with other randoms? Or is it just to provide the quicker experience again since the update?

GhaleonEB

TacticalFox88 said:
???? Are you talking about your kid or someone else's? Cause I'm confused to why you would send email, :lol
She got her own email account this year. We email back and forth some times while I'm at work, to exchange funny stuff we see online. She also checks it first thing when she gets home from school (which will be an hour and a half from now). So in sending her the note, I was letting her know it was up - and included a link to the game type descriptions. That way she can play it after school (which is when she does most of her gaming). I'll be in meetings during that time so if I didn't send her the email, she wouldn't know about it until after most of her gaming time is up. She's been looking forward to the playlist since I showed her the BWU on Friday.

I don't think it's especially weird.

Squall ASF said:
Can you go in with a friend without being matched up with other randoms? Or is it just to provide the quicker experience again since the update?
Team Size: 2-4
Max Party Size: 4
Max Local Players: 2
Eh, sometimes. If you tweak the search settings, chances of not finding a suitable match will sometimes leave you and your buddy all alone. Then, of course, there are the quitters/AFK turdbuckets. Your chances are decent.

GhaleonEB said:
She got her own email account this year. ...

I don't think it's especially weird.

I communicate with my offspring solely through my attorney.

Pumped for New Firefight modes!!!

Thanks Bungie! Especially you Lars.

Top Bottom