• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

neoism

fuuuuuuuuuuuu... I really hate to sound cheap... but does anyone have an extra 1 month... my cousins shit just ran out. :/ and you can't buy 3 month online codes on amazon.... :( hell even a 48 hour if you can play live... he wants to play Doubs...

lockmeout.jpg

And lulz were had.

Multi Team: As far as major playlist changes, the most notable is Multi Team which now features 4 teams of 3 instead of 6 teams of 2. Since Rocket Race doesn’t work with teams of 3, we’re upgrading you to Rocket Hog Race!

WTF Bunglez...

:(

So pissed. My best friend and I would rock Multi-team all the time. This is the lamest shit I've seen on the playlist front in years.

GhaleonEB

WickedLaharl said:
FF is going to have limited lives now?
One of the two playlists.

There was a one-week test run of this playlist that ended last week.

The problem with the current Firefight playlist is there's basically two types of games in it: regular Firefight, but with unlimited lives, and gametypes like Rocketfight, which are all about blowing stuff up over and over.

There were two problems with this: first, Firefight in ODST was a survival mode, and with unlimited lives there's no tension and no challenge. Second, more people want to blow stuff up than play regular Firefight.

So, the Arcade playlist ramps up the crazy, and the Limited playlist is for those who want a more traditional survival mode. (That would be me.) I'm really happy about this arrangement.
DancingJesus said:
Multi Team: As far as major playlist changes, the most notable is Multi Team which now features 4 teams of 3 instead of 6 teams of 2. Since Rocket Race doesn’t work with teams of 3, we’re upgrading you to Rocket Hog Race!

WTF Bunglez...

:(

So pissed. My best friend and I would rock Multi-team all the time. This is the lamest shit I've seen on the playlist front in years.
I kind of laughed at this. In Rocket Race, you had one gunner and one driver.

In Rocket Hog Race, you have one gunner, one driver and...one dude hanging out in the passenger seat. Even with a rocket launcher, I don't think it will be that much fun to be the dude in the side seat. Honestly, I'd rather see it pulled from Multi Team and have it be on a cycle - maybe one a month or something - as a Grab Bag playlist.

GhaleonEB said:
One of the two playlists.

There was a one-week test run of this playlist that ended last week.

The problem with the current Firefight playlist is there's basically two types of games in it: regular Firefight, but with unlimited lives, and gametypes like Rocketfight, which are all about blowing stuff up over and over.

There were two problems with this: first, Firefight in ODST was a survival mode, and with unlimited lives there's no tension and no challenge. Second, more people want to blow stuff up than play regular Firefight.

So, the Arcade playlist ramps up the crazy, and the Limited playlist is for those who want a more traditional survival mode. (That would be me.) I'm really happy about this arrangement.

In Rocket Hog Race, you have one gunner, one driver and...one dude hanging out in the passenger seat. Even with a rocket launcher, I don't think it will be that much fun to be the dude in the side seat. Honestly, I'd rather see it pulled from Multi Team and have it be on a cycle - maybe one a month or something - as a Grab Bag playlist.

Yeah, oh well.

"Bro Slayer" at least somewhat makes up for it I guess.

This also annoyed me: The new map variant “Uncaged” is being added alongside The Cage in the Team Slayer playlist.

As if we needed two versions of the worst Reach map. Thanks!

Happy B-Day Bungie. :)

urk said:
I tried to snag some shots of it, but ultimately it looks a whole lot like The Cage. The alterations are mainly to the lower level, spawns, and weapon placement. Curious to see how it's received.
Since multi-team is radically different, do you think there is now room for Social Doubles to come back?

That playlist was cut short in Halo 3 because of griefers, but I can honestly say it was one of my favorite playlists ever... Bring it back :(

Is my only option to play Arena Doubles now, if me and a friend want to play 2v2?

Blueblur1

Plywood said:
GG indeed, I only noticed you were in the game after I got killed by you the first time. Haha. :p
I caught you running around the bottom middle area 3 minutes in. As soon as I made sure it was you, I was determined to beat you to 25 kills but alas, it did not happen. ;)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
fuck yes!! This will be the only place I'll feel compelled to step foot in on reach mp

Too bad it will be empty because people will still want sprint/other AAs.

If this has over 1k in regular rotation I would be surprised.

Unfortunately the lower the player count the shittier the playlist since you end up forced against people on opposite sides of the globe.

kylej

Banned
Classic probably won't have DMRs and Team Slayer DMR weightings won't be changed and no armor lock tweaks so... not much allure. More Forge maps too. Awesome.

Why Team Slayer doesn't force

Team Slayer (AR)
Slayer Pro
Slayer DMRs

for each round of voting is beyond me. If the kids want ARs they get it, if the kids want Pro they get it. Right now every voting option is like

Team Slayer
Team Slayer
Team Slayer

veto

Team Slayer
Team Slayer
Slayer DMRs on [forge map]

I guess Objective having about 11 people in it doesn't warrant any changes from Ninja on Fire either. meh.

GhaleonEB

enzo_gt said:
Was this the most perfect use of a GIF ever or what? :lol
It's the ass grab that makes it.

Aye Zayne, the FF games were therapeutic. Can't wait for Limited again. I'm going to hit Field Marshall so fast it won't even be funny.

Invasion map is looking good.

I figured it'd be okay to post this here, as it's mostly Halo related, and I'm sure some of you would find this amusing.

Anywho, on Febuary 13th (Just over a week from now), I'm getting married. This obviously meant a Stag=do. Now due to a kidney disease, I don't drink, which tends to put a downer on such events. My wonderful friends, knowing this fact, organised a slightly different Stag-do...called STAGFEST.

Now excuse the preamble, but I'm going to take the opportunity to give you an idea of what these "fests" are. Back in glory days of Halo 2, I was very lucky to be part of a massive group on Bungie.net called Halo2 UK. In this group, back in 2004, I met various people, who I still not only just play games with, but have come to know so well, they are invited to my wedding.

A lot of people don't understand how gaming can bring such a varied group of people together, and how it can keep them gaming together for over 6 years. It's pretty amazing, and it's probably why I'm very fond of Bungie and Halo in general. Anyway, Halo 2 was a lot of fun, and I took the brave (insane?) step of inviting 7 online pals over to my home for a weekends gaming over LAN shortly after Halo 2's release. They proved so popular and so fun that "Sikfests" occur around every 3 months ever since - and if I can't host one, someone else will.

P1050288.jpg

Anyways, fast forward to last weekend, my friends organised a Stagfest for 16 of us, and it was awesome. On saturday morning, my friends sat me down and presented me with my own Montage with various gameplay clips from Halo 3/Reach.

You can watch it here.

When I had turned around, they had all changed t-shirts while I was watching the screen to read the phrase "Best Game Ever TM", a catchphrase I'm often caught saying for every new release, so it had become a bit of an in-house joke.

P1050312.jpg

I was then presented with a deluxe Master Chief Costume, which I was required to wear for the rest of the day...

3db69e8

179871_498650740834_507275834_6187006_5695116_n.jpg

...including going bowling.

All in all, a great weekend. Very lucky to know such awesome people.

Sikamikanico said:
I figured it'd be okay to post this here, as it's mostly Halo related, and I'm sure some of you would find this amusing.

Anywho, on Febuary 13th (Just over a week from now), I'm getting married. This obviously meant a Stag=do. Now due to a kidney disease, I don't drink, which tends to put a downer on such events. My wonderful friends, knowing this fact, organised a slightly different Stag-do...called STAGFEST.

Now excuse the preamble, but I'm going to take the opportunity to give you an idea of what these "fests" are. Back in glory days of Halo 2, I was very lucky to be part of a massive group on Bungie.net called Halo2 UK. In this group, back in 2004, I met various people, who I still not only just play games with, but have come to know so well, they are invited to my wedding.

A lot of people don't understand how gaming can bring such a varied group of people together, and how it can keep them gaming together for over 6 years. It's pretty amazing, and it's probably why I'm very fond of Bungie and Halo in general. Anyway, Halo 2 was a lot of fun, and I took the brave (insane?) step of inviting 7 online pals over to my home for a weekends gaming over LAN shortly after Halo 2's release. They proved so popular and so fun that "Sikfests" occur around every 3 months ever since - and if I can't host one, someone else will.

Anyways, fast forward to last weekend, my friends organised a Stagfest for 16 of us, and it was awesome. On saturday morning, my friends sat me down and presented me with my own Montage with various gameplay clips from Halo 3/Reach.

When I had turned around, they had all changed t-shirts while I was watching the screen to read the phrase "Best Game Ever TM", a catchphrase I'm often caught saying for every new release, so it had become a bit of an in-house joke.

I was then presented with a deluxe Master Chief Costume, which I was required to wear for the rest of the day...

That's nice, dude! It looks like a ton of fun. Damn. I need to find some HaloFans around my corner. Where is the official Bungie Dating/Friends meeting service? :/

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Great story Sikamikanico, sounds like you met good people.

Also don't go losing your avatar:
xcya4.jpg

Resized to fit the guidelines.

Kuroyume

Banned
The multi team change is kind of interesting. Want to see how it goes because I've been bored with regular old multi team. I guess they're never going to do anything about Armor Lock or Evade in there though...

Hog race will likely suck too but I want to see how much it will suck. Many of those Rocket Race maps feel really cramped. Spire? Boneyard? I just see people stopping a lot and driving into each other more when Hog race gets added.

GhaleonEB said:

The guy in the passenger seat has a Grenade Launcher, apparently.

zumphry

Banned
Ajemsuhgao said:
Fortified Court

Kill 1000 enemies on Courtyard in Firefight Matchmaking.

That has to be a typo....right?

That's about 8ish games of Score Attack, probably 4 if you go into regular Firefight...but the same map over and over gets old.

Sikamikanico said:
Stagfest post

That's awesome, and congrats on getting married!

Sikamikanico said:
Stagtacular

Congrats Sik! This is a big year for you. May your marriage be full of joy and wonder and none of that creepy stuff that I read about in the tabloids: bat-children, knife-violence and what-not.

feel

Good stuff Sika, congratulations!

kylej said:
Classic probably won't have DMRs and Team Slayer DMR weightings won't be changed and no armor lock tweaks so... not much allure. More Forge maps too. Awesome.
120% walk speed and NO ARMOR ABILITIES
:)

not to mention jumping/gravity will probably be changed to be more like Halo2/3

Sikamikanico said:

You can watch it here.

So awesome! My bachelor party was a Halo 3 LAN back in 2008 so I fully support this idea.

Mine wasn't a stag party though, so I didn't have to dress up, mostly just got drunk on craft beer and played Halo.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Congrats Sik!

I don't want to sound like a broken record about this true skill stuff but last night in MLG we were rolling with a party of 3 (true skill matched us with a good player with a mic so we invited him) Anyway, us 3 matched with a guy who went 1 and 28...let that sink in for a minute. 1 kill, 28 deaths. -________-

Overall though running 3's or more is the way to go. We were actually winning some games.

Well me and Plywood ran great games last night. We went 9 for 10. Trueskill took a vacation last night, I think we only had two close games the rest were blowouts.

Completely refreshing playing with others of high skill and not having to put up with randoms.

GhaleonEB

I don't have an issue with killing a thousand dudes on one map, but we did it on Courtyard already; I was hoping for a rotation. But that's a meaty enough payout that I'll be rocking Score Attack on and off on it today. Kind of wish it came out on Tuesday so I could do the new ones, though. :lol

Wow! Colour me impressed.

So HogRace sounds like fun. Perhaps it might be a tad cramped as kuroyume suggested but there will be less vehicles to mess about with too. Passenger seat GL sounds awesome though.

Really solid update this week. I really enjoyed every aspect of it. Those Visual Effects videos were an awesome treat and those birthday cards were amazing!

I'll be on customs tonight for sure!

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Anyway, us 3 matched with a guy who went 1 and 28...let that sink in for a minute. 1 kill, 28 deaths. -________-
That could easily have been my kind of performance on the MLG playlist, so I apologize on his behalf.

edit- wait, 28 deaths in a 8 player game up to 50 kills is way too much, my kind of thing is more like 3-16, fuck that guy

Top Bottom