• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Gui_PT said:
How am I supposed to win 10 matches if trueskill teams me up with people who don't know how to play? =\
I really want to play with you, dude. But the time I've for gaming gets Dead Space 2. Sorry. But I'm nearly at the end :)

GhaleonEB

I'm itching to play both Firefight Arcade and Limited. It's gonna be a long weekend waiting for them to come back; the current Firefight playlist does not beacon.

I really hope their respective issues (weapon pick ups and pooled lives) are adjusted. Hopefully there's a good section in the BWU about the returning playlists and other changes.

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
I really want to play with you, dude. But the time I've for gaming gets Dead Space 2. Sorry. But I'm nearly at the end :)

No problem. A friend got online a while after and we won 9 games straight. All I needed was 1 good teammate :lol

How's DS2 btw?

Gui_PT said:
No problem. A friend got online a while after and we won 9 games straight. All I needed was 1 good teammate :lol

How's DS2 btw?
It's good up until the final section; then it gets annoyingly difficult (when playing on higher difficulties).

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I think Bungie sent their ice assassins to try to kill me so I'll quit bitching about armor lock.

Sheet of ice came off of a semi today and smashed my car. A big fucking sheet of ice.

Even bent the compressor in half.

2r6dyzm.jpg

iont5i.jpg

Sub zero wins?

MrBig

Alienshogun said:
I think Bungie sent their ice assassins to try to kill me so I'll quit bitching about armor lock.

Sheet of ice came off of a semi today and smashed my car. A big fucking sheet of ice.

Sub zero wins?
See now, if you had been using armor lock this would never had happened
Sikamikanico said:
Yeah. I call BS. MS would keep anything Halo "in-house".

:)
I'm saying this as well

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Alienshogun said:

2r6dyzm.jpg

iont5i.jpg

Sub zero wins?

Should have armor locked, bro.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
I'm sitting at ~350,000 cR and am really tempted to spend it all. I'm trying to save up enough to get to 100% Armory completion for the Skull, but get too tempted to spend it as soon as I have enough cR for one thing. Must hold on! :p

MrBig

Domino Theory said:
I'm sitting at ~350,000 cR and am really tempted to spend it all. I'm trying to save up enough to get to 100% Armory completion for the Skull, but get too tempted to spend it as soon as I have enough cR for one thing. Must hold on! :p
You'll need 30m cR to reach max rank, which you need to be able to unlock. Just splurge and buy a few helmets, or just get the Mark VI

Gui_PT said:
How am I supposed to win 10 matches if trueskill teams me up with people who don't know how to play? =\

How does Trueskill work because this shit seems out of wack. I was a Corporal like a half hour ago, and kept getting paired up with Lt. Colonels, Colonels, and Commanders. Shouldn't I be playing with people my own rank?

Gui_PT

riceandbeans said:
How does Trueskill work because this shit seems out of wack. I was a Corporal like a half hour ago, and kept getting paired up with Lt. Colonels, Colonels, and Commanders. Shouldn't I be playing with people my own rank?

Well, Rank has nothing to do with Trueskill.

Basically, it "measures" everything you do, using a formula which I don't remember and pairs you up with people that have the same score. Or at least it should.

zumphry

Banned
I hope Ghaleon didn't/won't have a heart attack reading the Firefight changes. And Bro Slayer sounds sweet.

Though, I don't think I like the additions to SWAT..

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
FourDoor said:
I'm really curious to see what "Uncaged" looks like and how well it plays with the changes...

I tried to snag some shots of it, but ultimately it looks a whole lot like The Cage. The alterations are mainly to the lower level, spawns, and weapon placement. Curious to see how it's received.

Raide

Bro Slayer: This new gametype consists of Team Slayer with co-op style spawning, featured on a variety of maps in Team Slayer, Big Team Battle and Noble Map Pack. Similar to Invasion spawning you can cycle through teammates or choose from your backfield spawns, but watch out for backfield spawn campers!

Soooooo good.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hey Urk, can we get a download of Bro Slayer in time for GAF Customs tomorrow? It would be awesome to give it a spin. Is it a combination of specific gametype AND map, yeah?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Dani said:
Hey Urk, can we get a download of Bro Slayer in time for GAF Customs tomorrow? It would be awesome to give it a spin. Is it a combination of specific gametype AND map, yeah?

Yeah, you need the Special Sauce. I won't have anything that would work in the retail world until the playlist goes live. :(

But this reminds me that I do need to talk to Moose about deploying the most recent maps into the Bungie Recommends section of the File Browser next week.

Trasher

Domino Theory said:
What's the point of hanging on to it if you have to buy everything eventually anyways?

I'd sacrifice my left pinky to be able to detach the camera during cutscenes the way they can.

Well, maybe not my left pinky, but I'd sacrifice somebody else's left pinky without hesitation.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:
What's the point of hanging on to it if you have to buy everything eventually anyways?

I like to buy in bulk versus buying one thing at a time. :p

I'll probably spend it all when I log onto Reach tonight.

GhaleonEB

ZayneH said:
I hope Ghaleon didn't/won't have a heart attack reading the Firefight changes. And Bro Slayer sounds sweet.

Though, I don't think I like the additions to SWAT..
I'm actually kinda mixed on it.

Yay:

Arcade and Limited replace the current Firefight Playlist, as I'd guessed.

New Score Attack stuff!

Boo:

Weapon pick ups and pooled lives in Arcade and Limited. Both severely harm the integrity of the gametypes on offer and I was bummed they weren't fixed - yet. I wonder why they could be identified as future fixes but not changed in time.

The Score Attack modes are mostly things I am not interested in. It moves the playlist in an Arcade direction, still focusing on single enemies at a time. I was hoping for a variant that puts me, solo, against the kind of combined units in the Limited playlist. I want Score Attack to be hard, as well as having a side dish of wacky.

But on the whole, I'm glad there will be new stuff, and that Score Attack did get some love. It refreshes the play lists a lot and starts to better define the spectrum of stuff that can be done in Firefight.

But Limited is going to be a ghost town of griefers in short order - that's what it was the last few days it was up. And it will stay that way until the pooled lives are removed.

And I so called the new Cage being Uncaged. :lol

The changes to MP sound great, I like the sound of the new Invasion Slayer and Bro Spawn game types a lot. MP and Firefight are getting a pretty big refresh.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm really impressed by the Matchmaking changes announced. Stop for a moment and have a think about the scale of changes being implemented for the new additions.

Firefight is being completely overhauled. We now have three very separate modes. The Limited playlist gives the purist fans what they want whilst the Arcade list gives folks plenty of assplosions. Each of these playlists have a good variety of modes to indulge in with more incoming in the near future. Score attack is being overhauled too, by resetting the leaderboards, it gives them a chance to gives us more single player content. No longer will busting Grunts heads be the only alternative to straight up solo Firefight.

If you are a Firefight fan, whether or solo or in a group, is this wintastic.

What I think is the most intriguing here is the slicing up of Invasion's core mechanics into new gametypes.

Firstly, they have taken one of the best mechanics of Invasion, Fireteams, and introduced those into regular Team Slayer modes. I have always loved bro-op spawning and I'm glad they have found a way to separate it from Invasion. Notice how they haven't also brought it into Objective gametypes? It's clear that bro spawning could easily break Objective gametypes (suddenly one guy near your Flag becomes an entire team!) so it's smart of them to exclude it.

Secondly, we can now have a Spartans versus Spartans or Elites versus Elites only Invasion slayer. That means no more strict advantage due to random initial species selection (unless you vote for it). By removing the timers and vehicles from the Invasion territories, they should now function similar to generic power weapon spawn locations that we're traditionally used to having around maps. Although I do hope this doesn't mean map power weapon spawns every other second or otherwise we're looking at a chunky salsa-fest.

I also hope this means that in future (please!!) that we can untangle score-progression loadout unlocks from Invasion. This is a pipe dream, but having this feature available for plain old Slayer and Objective matches would certainly lead to some interesting gameplay changes. (Imagine, relegating certain Armour Abilities to certain times during a game, like in the final few minutes or during a late game tie in objective, a proper game changer as it were!)

If this wasn't enough (and it is!) we have Multi-Team shaken up considerably, Objective modes added to SWAT and Grifball returning with extra maps. Oh and Community Slayer with ten, ten fricking new maps to play in. And as far as the community maps go, that's the tip of the iceberg.

With sweeping changes like this and the strong support of new content (from the community and future DLC), I am a happy Halo fan.

Multi-Team is officially ruined for me. I loved the chaos and so did my buddy. Looks like we are going to have to find a third and get used to the less chaotic atmosphere. Yet another instance where a matchmaking update takes the fun out of my own personal halo experience. It's been happening since Halo 2 and it's still going strong.

/end bitch and moan.

neoism

Dani said:
:O wow customs already... tomorrow... :O :D damn this week flew by... cant wait
Also I really love Multi... not sure if I'll like a team of 3... :/
Still the changes sound fuckawesome.

GhaleonEB

Just noticed this:

Sniper Attack: Hazards enabled​

Which is pretty great. Brutes with Concussion Rifles, Elite Ultras and Grunts with FRGs get dropped off on most maps with those. The Ultras especially will be nice to run into.

And it's nice to have Crashsite back.

wwm0nkey said:
must have missed the thread about it. At this point common sense is point to it being true.
the thread has 9 fucking posts in it.

Shows how much we want a Halo CE Remake, when it's not even made buy Bungie...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Cuban Legend said:
the thread has 9 fucking posts in it.

Shows how much we want a Halo CE Remake, when it's not even made buy Bungie...
No it's like 6 pages deep I believe. There were 2 threads made about it, only one survived.

Top Bottom