• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Yea it was probably objective gametype though.

Still...he hardly did better than just not even playing...thats not too great when your # of kills isn't much higher than not actually handling the controller in a game. Hell he probably would have died less not playing...Bad Trueskillz

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:
Well me and Plywood ran great games last night. We went 9 for 10. Trueskill took a vacation last night, I think we only had two close games the rest were blowouts.

Completely refreshing playing with others of high skill and not having to put up with randoms.
Seriously, we gotta do this more often.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Looks like Darkest Hour won that Dr. Pepper online tournament on Gamebattles. 10,000$ to them

Trasher

Damn. Everyone on my friends list is playing Blops? Gross. Reach is at least better than that pile.

Also, Dax, I seem to remember you saying you didn't play multiplayer games where you shoot other humans. Did you give up on that already or were you just trying to suck up to Ghaleon at the time? lol ;P

kylej

Banned
Trasher said:
Damn. Everyone on my friends list is playing Blops? Gross. Reach is at least better than that pile.

Also, Dax, I seem to remember you saying you didn't play multiplayer games where you shoot other humans. Did you give up on that already or were you just trying to suck up to Ghaleon at the time? lol ;P

haha hell no. I'm on a 30 game win-streak right now in Blops and I started playing yesterday. Blops is mad fun. So easy to run train.

Trasher said:

Yo dawg.

Trasher

Dax01 said:
Oh snap! That college shit is changing you man! Little Dax is growing up before our eyes here people.

forever-alone-guy-painting.jpg

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Trasher said:

Me, Dani and Nutter play Halo every night around 9-10 PST. See you tonight?

Tashi0106 said:
Congrats Sik!

I don't want to sound like a broken record about this true skill stuff but last night in MLG we were rolling with a party of 3 (true skill matched us with a good player with a mic so we invited him) Anyway, us 3 matched with a guy who went 1 and 28...let that sink in for a minute. 1 kill, 28 deaths. -________-

Overall though running 3's or more is the way to go. We were actually winning some games.

Holy crap.

Why is matchmaking putting those kind of people into your games? That doesn't make sense, he should be getting matched with crap people. I guess the average MLG population is so low that matchmaking cant really get good skill matches going?

Its just as bad (if not worse) on Black Ops. Im consistently going like 20 kills 5 deaths yet everyone on my team ends up like 5 kills 20 deaths. So I get rained on my helicopters and we lose. :( Reach... when that classic playlist is out, im coming back!

When Hog race comes out I have to try that lol.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
Me, Dani and Nutter play Halo every night around 9-10 PST. See you tonight?
I see you guys online every night, but assume you don't want extras in your regular crew. If you do, feel free to shoot me an invite from time to time if you have room. (If you don't mind a sarcastic anchor around your ankle, that is).

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
GhaleonEB said:
I see you guys online every night, but assume you don't want extras in your regular crew. If you do, feel free to shoot me an invite from time to time if you have room. (If you don't mind a sarcastic anchor around your ankle, that is).
Nah dude, we always want extras. I think we usually don't invite you because we do Team Slayer and Team Objective, and I thought you were mainly a BTB guy. But by the end of the night we're usually up to an Invasion- or BTB-sized party anyway. I'll send you an invite tonight if I see you on.

GhaleonEB said:
Same. If you guys see me online at that time, no matter what game, throw me an invite and I'll be happy to join.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
Nah dude, we always want extras. I think we usually don't invite you because we do Team Slayer and Team Objective, and I thought you were mainly a BTB guy. But by the end of the night we're usually up to an Invasion- or BTB-sized party anyway. I'll send you an invite tonight if I see you on.
In Reach, I don't have a strong preference for the playlists. I think Reach's BTB is a pretty big step down from Halo 3, and more in line with the other stuff. I think I've played more Multi Team than BTB in Reach.

That said, playing with friends makes every game type more fun, and most nights I'd rather play at least a few games with a party than not. Hit me up. :)

The more I look over the BWU list of playlists, the more I can't wait for Tuesday to roll. Between the gaggle of Score Attack variants, Limited and Arcade, I'll be set for months.

GhaleonEB said:
In Reach, I don't have a strong preference for the playlists. I think Reach's BTB is a pretty big step down from Halo 3, and more in line with the other stuff. I think I've played more Multi Team than BTB in Reach.

That said, playing with friends makes every game type more fun, and most nights I'd rather play at least a few games with a party than not. Hit me up. :)

Out of interest (Dani) are you guys running customs tonight? Im tempted to join for a bit, but to be honest im not sure I want to jump into matchmaking just yet, customs gametypes always seem crazy.

Striker

BTB would be much better if Bungie would weigh down Slayer and basically remove Headhunter because that shit shows up far too much. That's all you see in the voting phase. You'll be lucky if Multi-CTF shows up. Plus the absence of Assault, makes me weep.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
bobs99 ... said:
Holy crap.

Why is matchmaking putting those kind of people into your games? That doesn't make sense, he should be getting matched with crap people. I guess the average MLG population is so low that matchmaking cant really get good skill matches going?

Its just as bad (if not worse) on Black Ops. Im consistently going like 20 kills 5 deaths yet everyone on my team ends up like 5 kills 20 deaths. So I get rained on my helicopters and we lose. :( Reach... when that classic playlist is out, im coming back!

When Hog race comes out I have to try that lol.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=465761744&player=NYSTOFMIND23

zumphry

Banned
Blue Ninja said:
Sometimes, being assassinated is annoying. Sometimes, it makes you want to scream in anger.

Sometimes, however, it does not.

Awesome-1.jpg

OH WOW. That's the assassination you guys were talking about.

Lazslo

If Dani's not going to be around to Host customs tonight- then I'll put some games together but I'm sure Dani will be around hopefully. Anyway games start in 15 mins battlebros- bring your A-Game.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:
If Dani's not going to be around to Host customs tonight- then I'll put some games together but I'm sure Dani will be around hopefully. Anyway games start in 15 mins battlebros- bring your A-Game.

Don'y worry I'm here. Got a mixture of ForgeGAF maps and some maps from the Community Cartographers this week.

HaloGAF Customs starting in 10 minutes. Send a message to Slightly Live to join.

GhaleonEB

Lazslo said:
I've got about five maps downloaded from the b.net Community Cartographers group. Mostly 4v4 maps, and one BTB. So if Dani's not on to host Oh hai, I can help toss those in the mix as well so I can shuttle feedback over to the group.

I just got Sequestered (formerly Sandybridge) up and running as well, though the kill volumes and spawns are rough around the edges.

Lazslo

Dani said:
Don'y worry I'm here. Got a mixture of ForgeGAF maps and some maps from the Community Cartographers this week.

HaloGAF Customs starting in 10 minutes. Send a message to Slightly Live to join.
Whew thank god I realized I had 0 downloaded maps cause I just got a fresh slim
Xbox. Ill be on- everyone else, i command you to jump on-it'll be good times

Cocopjojo said:

Add me; I hate playing Reach with randos.

Gui_PT

Sorry Lazslo, too late for me.

Was just trying to finish a l4d2 campaign on Expert. That game makes me cry sometimes =(

Have fun.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Trasher said:
I would say the same to you, sir! What are you mainly playing these days?

Blops, Reach and ME2. I play Gears, but not all the time despite being madly in love with it. Gears is like a fine wine to me. :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
moop2000 said:
Any word on the next map drop?

April more than likely, but that puts it out of interest for me unless AL ends up out of TS.

Domino Theory said:
Blops, Reach and ME2. I play Gears, but not all the time despite being madly in love with it. Gears is like a fine wine to me. :p

He me up mofo!

Top Bottom