• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Zee-V70 said:
You mean you're getting on the Sabres game, right? The game with the Sabres? Reach? Geddit?
It's been a long time (ever since Stuntmutt stopped making One One Se7en) since I encountered such a groan-worthy pun and yet slightly funny pun. I salute you for your efforts, good sir.

The upcoming "Double Team" playlist for when Arena becomes a single playlist for anyone that cares.

For the debut of Double Team it will have the following gametypes.

Slayer (AR, Pistol, 1 Frag, Sprint/Evade/Jetpack/Hologram)
Slayer DMRs (DMR, Pistol, 1 Frag, Sprint/Evade/Jetpack/Hologram)
Oddball (DMR, AR, 1 Frag, Sprint)

All of the maps that will be used in Double Team are map variants which have been modified to reduce power weapon ammo.

Slayer gametypes will appear on:
* Unanchored
* Arena Zealot
* Reflection
* Countdown
* Powerhouse
* Asylum
* Uncaged

Oddball gametypes will appear on:
* Unanchored
* Countdown
* Asylum

Ramirez

Zee-V70 said:
The fried chicken?

Is amazing. I live like an hour from the original Sander's Cafe location, so good.

Look how quickly Sage's shortcomings have made you all turn your backs on Bungie, for shame. I am however extremely pleased to know that anyone I've played Reach with that works at 343 loathes it about the same as any of us do. Bring back classic Halo mechanics, that's all I want.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Kibbles said:
I don't even... what? What's the reason behind this?

I just don't know. I think Urk's chicken talk in the BWU just rubbed him the wrong way.

The dude just keeps up the anger. Sometimes reading this kind of mentally unstable rambling can be therapeutic. LOL

im implying bungie is purposely destroying halo and their are a bunch of dumb blargs( blarg = bad word ) who don't understand this.

bungie's update was ranting you idiot. They were off topic the whole time. They aren't constructive why should I be constructive. Ignorant people + bungie's greed= death of halo. They are more worried about their next moneymaking project. The 500 fans that play this game are half mentally handicapped.

I'm gonna put this in simple terms stop being an idiot and realize halo is dying at the hands of bungie. If you cared about halo you would take this update as a slap in the face.

Nobody has reasons on here this is why I hate the community. Why do you like this game? Why do you think this update had valuable information? Why are you playing this game if you are a true halo fan? ......................None of you have legit responses. Halo loving Troll's Inteligence >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ignorant (halo reach) fanboys

Striker

Interesting, notably the Oddball loadouts.

So, when should I expect Team Objective to get the same treatment? I.e. removing the Drop Shield loadout, making the likes of Oddball being Sprint Only... Oddball seems to rarely show up in Objective, whereas it's the "hilarious" Hot Potato.

BTB needs an update, as well. Remove Countdown and the Drop Shield. Reduce the slayer variants. Add Assault. Increase CTF weight.

Striker said:
Interesting, notably the Oddball loadouts.

So, when should I expect Team Objective to get the same treatment? I.e. removing the Drop Shield loadout, making the likes of Oddball being Sprint Only... Oddball seems to rarely show up in Objective, whereas it's the "hilarious" Hot Potato.

BTB needs an update, as well. Remove Countdown and the Drop Shield. Reduce the slayer variants. Add Assault. Increase CTF weight.

Agreed on Big Team. One thing I am worried about however is that we are getting another great big team map in the map pack, but it will never show up in the playlist. Tempest is a great map for big team and Breakpoint is better than any big team map on the disc except for Hemorrhage, but I have never played them in the Big Team playlist. Same thing is going to happen with Highlands, which is a shame.

Noone seems to be on Reach? Stop talking about this game and start fucking playing.

And yes I'm serious I'd be the best damned playlist manager ever.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
Just curious, are you actually trying to get a job for 343/Bungie?

I always see 'Hire Juices' but assumed it was just a running joke. (no offence)

It's both.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Noone seems to be on Reach? Stop talking about this game and start fucking playing.

How are your managerial skills? From what I understand you'd probably have 30-40 people working on the playlists with you so it might be a little overwhelming.

Ramirez said:
Bring back classic Halo mechanics, that's all I want.

Blue skies are on the horizon.

Striker

I'm going to play after I eat my food.

Also, saw this for any Arena fans:

Starting next Season, The Arena will have the following map lineup.

* Arena Zealot
* Reflection
* Countdown
* Boardwalk
* Powerhouse
* Sword Base
* Asylum
* Uncaged
* Unanchored

Pinnacle will no longer be in The Arena and The Cage is being replaced with Uncaged.

PNut said:
I'm on. Let's run some MLG or Arena. I don't care which. Anyone?

I'm with some juniors and not exactly competitive atm (drinking on my days off) but we can fit 4 more in our btb. msg or fr anarmorlockhero if you want in. I will play arena or mlg another time though with you.

kylej said:
How are your managerial skills? From what I understand you'd probably have 30-40 people working on the playlists with you so it might be a little overwhelming.

about how many people i'm in charge of now. people seem to like me... who knows what they say behind my back ha, but it gets the job done.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:

Serious question, do you have education/experience?

kylej said:

Blue skies are on the horizon.

Got DAMN Kyle's on a roll, haha.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
xxjuicesxx said:

I'll be on later, hopefully you'll still be on.

feel

xxjuicesxx said:
How can we thrust you not to make everything with MLG type rules and forget about bkgaf?? I want the "BR Starts on Valhalla/The Pit" kind of middle ground awesomesauceness.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
I thought that game was bad, and then I got to control a RoboTrex and I blew a load in my pants.

Game is really good, just beat it today. Anarchy is good too, but only if you're playing with friends. Getting past wave 10 without friends is impossible. Randoms just slaughter everything and that's not the point.

Blueblur1

I no longer give a rat's ass about Bungie All Stars. These BWU's are worse than when they had nothing new to show during the Halo 3 years.

Tawpgun

Oozer3993 said:
I demand updates on the graphical fidelity of their water. And awesome map code names.
Speaking about the water...

I loved Halo 3's water. It seemed like Reach didn't follow suit with the dynamic water....

vhfive

A27_StarWolf said:
Had a ton of fun playing BTB with ODEN, Juices, Fhive, and xx DD xx and others.

some of those are gamer tags lol.

and now I sleep.
yup you're definitely my least favorite junior

Major Williams said:
In the same way, Shishka was in charge of the playlists. All decisions made went through him in one way or another.

Say I'm a stock buyer, and my account manager tells me to buy one stock because it will go up. Then the stock bombs. Even though my account manager got his intel from his analysts and staff under him, he had to look over and take responsibility for whatever happens because he is the boss, the manager, of my account, and is ultimately responsible for signing off on any decisions made with my account. So I will fire my account manager, or at least request a different one.

Same goes with ANY management position. If the product/line is failing, a LOT of responsibility falls on the manager, and senior leadership has an evaluation of what went wrong.

The analogy falls apart though, when you realize that whoever you have to replace your broker is using the same analysts, and then makes decisions the same way. So what have you really accomplished other than make yourself feel a little better?

Getting back to that issue at hand, I think there's a lot of evidence that Reach's Playlists are generally better managed (cept for some shit like drop shield in objective) not because there's one dude who agrees more with your tastes driving the ship, but because bungie has better tools, and is dedicating many more resources towards keeping matchmaking fresh.

There's ample evidence that there's a team driving the ship now; Brian alluded to matchmaking meetings near release, there are fixes that a guy tweaking settings can't make to gametypes, there's no freshly scripted gametypes, there's been forgetacular maps, and more. Even with all these big changes, they do have to go through testing. It's mainly a question of tools and resources dedicated, and i think it's fairly obvious that there the resources expended for MM in Reach totally dwarf those for H3.

This kind of "Spite the most visible guy" kind of argument certainly feels good, but if your actual goal is to get some kind of change in the game, it seems totally counter intuitive. Calling for an employee to be fired just sounds like whining, and it totally overshadows any legitimate criticisms you might have. Even if you get your wish, you aren't even getting the changes you want by removing a dude, you need to convince the structure that things need to be different.

At some point the "XXXX ruined Halo" really just aught to be "Bungie Ruined Halo." I'll still disagree with you, but I think there can be a much more productive discussion at least.

A27_StarWolf said:
Had a ton of fun playing BTB with ODEN, Juices, vhfive, and xx DD xx and others.

some of those are gamer tags lol.

Yeah, a solid outing. Pretty awesome comeback on Breakpoint Crazy King.

(xx DD xx)

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Botolf said:
So Domino, can you confirm/deny the presence of a Jetpack in 343's game? Boto needs his wings!

Added, and one request to mister Barrow Roll.

Frank had one since he managed to bail from SF's shitty weather so quickly.

Driving back home from SF's weather last night was like doing Satan's laundry.

Sibylus

Banned
Domino Theory said:
Frank had one since he managed to bail from SF's shitty weather so quickly.

Driving back home from SF's weather last night was like doing Satan's laundry.
My inner child is going to hold his breath until he gets an answer (or until he turns blue and passes out).

Top Bottom