• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

I'll check out Limited, and thanks for those Customs settings Ghaleon. Reach Firefight has never grabbed me because of the high death count that infinite lives and a time limit encourage. With the new Firefight map (and the guilt from not playing the old ones), I'll have to give it a shot.

Kujo

Number of achievements:

.......Noble - 7 --- Bungie

.....Defiant - 3 |
Mappack 3 - 4 |--- 343i
Mappack 4 - 3 |

...or maybe not

Hypertrooper said:
Okay, I try a lot of ways. This is the last way, I'll try. Recover my gamertag and check if I can choose the maps. If not, I'll be redownloading them and look if that works. I hope that will help me finally. If not, I've to wait till next week.

btw. it is really bad that I can't give the code to one of you :(

@Sai__Kun Didn't you have a smiliar problem with the NobleMapPack?
Really strange they wouldn't work like that. I think redownloading them would be the best course of action here.

I'm hoping some more codes will drop, but if they don't, oh well. :)

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Domino Theory said:
I hope a playlist for the maps goes up this weekend. Really eager to try them out in MM.

Urk can probably speak to this, but I don't think the public hoppers with Defiant DLC hit until Monday.

Willeth

Hypertrooper said:
Okay, I try a lot of ways. This is the last way, I'll try. Recover my gamertag and check if I can choose the maps. If not, I'll be redownloading them and look if that works. I hope that will help me finally. If not, I've to wait till next week.

btw. it is really bad that I can't give the code to one of you :(

@Sai__Kun Didn't you have a smiliar problem with the NobleMapPack?
Try making a dummy UK account and see if it works. It won't help, but at least you'll know if that's the problem.

Kujo

Mikasangelos said:
Anyone with photoshop skillz, can you add 343i logo to my avatar please.
2vcztiv_th.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Just watched the behind the scenes vid. New maps look great, it's just a shame there's only two of them. I feel Reach could do with a good half a dozen arena-style maps.

chess

I'm buying the map packs day one for one reason only... to support for 343/CA.

They are the only hope for old schoolers to get Halo back! (they actually play and love Halo)

A golden tripod is much more stable than a four legged table with one leg being a shadow.

Dani said:
Wonder if four people can force Unearthed to appear in regular FF like in Score Attack.

Probably the only way you will get it to come up.

As for people wondering how the firefight map will be implemented, I assume it will be similar to the multiplayer DLC. The map will be in the firefight playlists, and matchmaking will "try" to match you up with people with the map (which won't work), but at least you'll be able to play it in score attack.

If someone is making is rain out there, I wouldn't mind some sweet maps.

blamite

GhaleonEB said:
Nope. The Firefight settings are vast, but there are three I wish I could alter:

The contents of the ordnance drops.

What vehicles spawn. I know we can't alter the location, but being able to toggle them would be nice (looking at you, Rocket Hog).

How frequently Hazards appear. Right now each Wave (except boss Waves) have a probability of a hazard appearing (vehicle, drop pod, sniper). I'd like to alter the probability of that happening to rare, normal and always.
Wait, we can't change that? Damn, that's kinda awful. So there's no way to get a standard/Gauss Warthog to show up on any firefight game? smh

Havok

blamite said:
Wait, we can't change that? Damn, that's kinda awful. So there's no way to get a standard/Gauss Warthog to show up on any firefight game? smh
As an unabashed Gauss Hog lover, its snubbing (five minutes of one mission, really?) in Reach is soulcrushing.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hypertrooper said:
But... but... I thought that 343i loves Bungie? :(

It works!

I have no idea what this is in reference to. I sent you a PM giving you a solution to your problem. Nothing else.

I feel so sad to be in the dry here. Worst part is, I did get rained on, but that was on my way to work. Then I got sick and rained on again on my way home. =P

Cant wait til monday to hear what everyone has to say. I wonder if this can even be answered, but are there any elements we dont know about these maps yet? Obviously if so people cant say what they are, but..

feel

lybertyboy said:
I have no idea what this is in reference to. I sent you a PM giving you a solution to your problem. Nothing else.
Too late, "343i: eff you, bungie" is already top news on kotaku.

And boy, that is a looooooong flight. ^_^

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Mikasangelos said:
i made a ninja edit to my post but i said get creative.
shay343vmoq.jpg
shay343-2yehz.jpg
shay343-3ffis.jpg
shay343-4b87x.jpg
shay343-5qcym.jpg

Note the second one is slightly different from the first, has a stroke of white to make the 343 pop more.

Talking of Avatars, I really want to make some sort of *.Gif out of mine. Me in a Master Chief costume...there's gotta be something I can do with it.

Blue Ninja said:
Speaking of you being German, why don't you have a flag next to your tag? Now that I mention it, I don't even know how you'd be able to procure one of those. I'm not sure I'd want a Belgian flag, considering this country's falling to pieces. :lol
Maybe I don't want to know that I'm german? Because until now I was the only german person here. So I'm a minority and you know how people avoid minorities. :( :p

neclas

Blue Ninja said:
flag next to your tag? Now that I mention it, I don't even know how you'd be able to procure one of those.
From my understanding, the flags were given out by moderators during the World Cup to members that were rooting a lot for their country.

Tawpgun

I know the people who have the maps are busy enjoying the views and such... But see if you guys guys can find any Easter eggs. I believe Frank said there would be Easter eggs on the maps.

Decom said:
From my understanding, the flags were given out by moderators during the World Cup to members that were rooting a lot for their country.
Haha, yeah, Belgium in the World Cup. Those were the days.

Anyways, to stay on topic: the biggest reason I want the maps is to break out of them and succumb to panoramania. Purdy pictures, huzzah.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Blue Ninja said:
Anyways, to stay on topic: the biggest reason I want the maps is to break out of them and succumb to panoramania. Purdy pictures, huzzah.

We're not suppose to take pictures or movies just yet, otherwise I'd be filling this place up with sexy imagery. =/

I've messed around with pan-cam just kicking myself for not being to make some pretty pics happen for everyone - twas the first thing I did with Noble too.

Dani said:
We#re not suppose to take pictures or movies.

I've messed around with pan-cam just kicking myself for not being to make some pretty pics happen for everyone - twas the first thing I did with Noble too.
Good thing I don't have 'em, then. :lol

That said, I'm craving for a new Firefight space as well.

Dani said:
We're not suppose to take pictures or movies just yet, otherwise I'd be filling this place up with sexy imagery. =/

Well... Are they pretty?

Gui_PT

squidhands said:
If he doesn't send it, let me know. I've got mine still in the box with all the packaging, and I'm not planning on displaying it.

I love you.

Btw, just started my internship today. I'm a beta tester/programmer.

Happiest day of my life!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Demoncarnotaur said:
Well... Are they pretty?

[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] MY [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] PENIS [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] SO [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] KITTENS.

[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] AGAIN.

Full thoughts come Monday.

Top Bottom