• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Jinjo

Since my last clip was not so well received I set out to do better. They both include some nifty armor locking, so suck it haters. :lol

Everyone knows about the lock & melee combo, but how about the lock & no scope combo? :D

Don't mind the fail in the beginning of the clip. While I sat in the lock I was contemplating on what to do, because admittedly, I was kinda fucked. The guy obviously stayed back so in a split second my mind went like:

"Let's go for the no-scope."
"No Jinjo you idiot, that's never going to work." (it didn't work the 3 times before it. :lol )
"Uh-oh, lock's out, let's do this."
"Oh shit!"

:lol

This one is more funny than it is awesome. It netted me the poppin' & lockin' achievement, but the best part is the guy driving the Ghost takes along his buddy for the ride. :lol

I'm not going to beg for a render again, but one or two would be very nice.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:
It was the pro pipe in the Beta. Do you know how hard it is to aim that thing at a person so a grenade successfully impacts on him? In short, it is quite difficult.

Yea but what about close range? It would be much easier. As it stands now the gun is dangerous at mid range but very difficult to use at close and long range. I like it the way it is.

Tashi0106 said:
Yea but what about close range? It would be much easier. As it stands now the gun is dangerous at mid range but very difficult to use at close and long range. I like it the way it is.
What about it? At close range you would get singed as much as your target unless you're really careful.

I'm not sure where all this concern is coming from. It was never a problem in the beta. Why would it be a problem now?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
What about it? At close range you would get singed as much as your target unless you're really careful.

I'm not sure where all this concern is coming from. It was never a problem in the beta. Why would it be a problem now?

Clearly it's a balance issue. There is already a weapon that detonates on impact, and as gui said it's the Rocket Launcher.

Learn the weapon.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:
I don't understand. Was it the rocket launcher in the beta?

If you make it explode on impact, it's almost the same as a rocket launcher, no?

I really enjoyed it in the beta, don't get me wrong, but to have it act that way again would be too powerful. Just try to make it bounce on the floor instead of directly hitting the person.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Dax01 said:

If I'm close range and shoot the Pro Pipe like you want it at someone with decent accuracy, I can hit them and kill them with it and but it definitely wouldn't kill me unless I was inches away. Close range is larger than melee range. At least to me it is.

Do you think that it should be easier to get kills with because it's a "power weapon"? I don't consider it a power weapon. It's as much as a power weapon as the plasma pistol. You could probably argue that the plasma pistol is more useful. Except maybe in BTB where vehicles come into play.

I think it's good as it is because it takes a lot of skill to use. It's so different from any other gun in the game in the same way that the Needler is different. Hard to use, but in the right situation and in the right hands, is deadly. It's an art! In fact, I'm gonna make a Pro Pipe montage. :lol

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:

When you posted one of your dozen pro pipe fap clips back in the Beta - where you were just nailing one guy after another from close range - I thought it was a perfect illustration of why it needed nerfing. You were basically using it as a longer range shotgun, and that's not what it's intended to be. I think the tweak they made to it was in order.

Gui_PT said:
If you make it explode on impact, it's almost the same as a rocket launcher, no?
You misunderstood me. The grenade bounces off an opponent up to a certain range; beyond that range it will detonate on impact (unless you hold down the trigger). This is frustrating because the most satisfying aspect of the pro pipe is hitting your enemy head on with the grenade and watching them explode. Plus it was the most fun thing about it. This is near impossible to do beyond medium range. It won't detonate on impact if it hits a wall or the ground or something. It will be just like it was in the beta.

vhfive

Letters said:
Hello new home.

Armor Lock |OT4| (tags: urk reach halo bungie 343 dong)
best thread title

Also
Tashi0106 said:
If I'm close range and shoot the Pro Pipe like you want it at someone with decent accuracy, I can hit them and kill them with it and but it definitely wouldn't kill me unless I was inches away. Close range is larger than melee range. At least to me it is.

Do you think that it should be easier to get kills with because it's a "power weapon"? I don't consider it a power weapon. It's as much as a power weapon as the plasma pistol. You could probably argue that the plasma pistol is more useful. Except maybe in BTB where vehicles come into play.

I think it's good as it is because it takes a lot of skill to use. It's so different from any other gun in the game in the same way that the Needler is different. Hard to use, but in the right situation and in the right hands, is deadly. It's an art! In fact, I'm gonna make a Pro Pipe montage. :lol
completely agree with this post.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
You misunderstood me. The grenade bounces off an opponent up to a certain range; beyond that range it will detonate on impact (unless you hold down the trigger). This is frustrating because the most satisfying aspect of the pro pipe is hitting your enemy head on with the grenade and watching them explode. Plus it was the most fun thing about it. This is near impossible to do beyond medium range. It won't detonate on impact if it hits a wall or the ground or something. It will be just like it was in the beta.

I don't think he misunderstood you, you're just being block headed, this has been your same stance on the grenade launcher since release.

For me, and probably most of us who like the grenade launcher the way it works now is pulling off wicked awesome bank shots and multi kills with it how it works currently, those are much more impressive than close range direct hits.

Dax01 said:
Fine. You make a good point.

:lol

GhaleonEB said:
When you posted one of your dozen pro pipe fap clips back in the Beta - where you were just nailing one guy after another from close range - I thought it was a perfect illustration of why it needed nerfing. You were basically using it as a longer range shotgun, and that's not what it's intended to be. I think the tweak they made to it was in order.
Fine. You make a good point.

Hey You

Posted yet? I'm not gonna check the OT2 even though it seems people are still posting in it.

Update Changelist - November 30th, 2010

PLAYLISTS

Noble Map Pack (New!)
* DLC only playlist featuring Anchor 9, Breakpoint and Tempest
* Additionally, DLC maps have been integrated into all existing playlists where appropriate

Firefight Versus (New!)
* Grab Bag playlist featuring a new 2v2 Firefight mode
* Available for a limited time

Big Team Battle

* Modified party split rules to decrease party splits
* Added Team Snipers on Boneyard

Living Dead
* Added Safe Havens on Arena Zealot

Team SWAT

* Removed Cliffhanger from the playlist

MAPS

Hemorrhage
* Blocked some cliff-top areas which were not considered playable space

Countdown
* Blocked the top of the ledge above the large door

Boardwalk
* Blocked the balcony above the rest stop

Arena Zealot
* Removed the safe haven from space

GAMETYPES

Arena Slayer Pro (Team Arena)
* Removed Armor Lock loadouts
* Added Needle Rifle loadouts
* Reduced loadout grenade count to 1

Arena Slayer Pro (Doubles Arena)
* Removed Armor Lock loadouts
* Added Jetpack loadouts
* Added Needle Rifle secondary to loadouts
* Reduced loadout grenade count to 1

CTF

* Sudden death will now trigger if flag is away from home and attacker is nearby flag at round end
* Dead bodies will no longer trigger the sudden death timer for nearby enemy flags
* Sudden death timer for all CTF game modes has been extended to 30 seconds (was 15)

So glad some of the camping spots are blocked off in living dead, it will make it a little more enjoyable.

I welcome the increase the Sudden Death increase, 15 seconds was a joke unless you were near your base with the flag.

Gui_PT

Dax01 said:

I know what you're saying, I guess I expressed myself wrong. I think it works fine as is, but I understand why you'd like those changes.

TheClimaxan said:
HaloGaf I need your assistance. Could anyone point me in the direction of the overhead shots of the new maps with the weapon placements pinpointed on them (if they even exist).

Much appreciated.

From the OP :

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=29639

squidhands said:
Absolutely. I love this idea. I wonder if it could be inserted into the Psych Profile instead of making a brand new playlist. Or am I the only one who uses it when searching for a good game?

Thread saved. Pro Pipe is about to get used waaaay more by me.

I use the "Good Connection" setting, but I don't think that's a psych profile.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Glad to hear they blocked off some of those cliff top areas of Hemo.

Though I have no idea what they're talking about for Countdown.

Arnie

scv1v5.jpg

He tried to get away with our flag, I took aim.
2dsh947.jpg

I fired.

Having a great time with these maps. Although the amount of people who vote for Snipers just frustrates me, I honestly fail to see how it is such a compelling experience. It lacks the variety which makes Halo so good.

Oh and I've been very vocal about the lack of fun I've been having from most of my DMR duels in this game, but I have to say my heart was pounding after this.I don't have Bungie Pro so you'll have to download it to your console and watch it another time. It illustrates to me why Evade should be included as default in all playlists, and should definitely feature in the MLG/Arena ones.

Speaking of Arena, it seems Bungie got it spot on this month, it took 2 and a half months but good news nevertheless.

Nutter

Arnie said:
Having a great time with these maps. Although the amount of people who vote for Snipers just frustrates me, I honestly fail to see how it is such a compelling experience. It lacks the variety which makes Halo so good.

What makes it worst is that those very same people will then run around the map melee'ing people, instead of you know actually shooting people with the sniper.. because they absolutely suck at sniping in the first place. F'n retards, the whole lot of em. But that is ok I suppose, because I just dome them in return.

Nutter said:
What makes it worst is that those very same people will then run around the map melee'ing people, instead of you know actually shooting people with the sniper.. because they absolutely suck at sniping in the first place. F'n retards, the whole lot of em. But that is ok I suppose, because I just dome them in return.
This is why I hate people. I don't want Democracy in my gaming. I want to rule my own gaming experience with tyrannical control.

neoism

Gui_PT said:

I really enjoyed it in the beta, don't get me wrong, but to have it act that way again would be too powerful. Just try to make it bounce on the floor instead of directly hitting the person.
I'm pretty sure that it will explode on impact if your far enough away. I too definitely notice a big difference in the weapon from the beta. It takes more skill to use in the game and that is a good thang. I still miss the beta version, but with the new info I go a few posts up. I can't wait to use it more. !

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Arnie said:
Podcast is up on iTunes too for those wondering. This one really slipped under the radar.

Super short and totally unplanned. Just wanted to get something out now that the equipment is up and running. Hopefully I can corner Marty, Marcus, and Joe for a more robust offering next week.

urk said:
Super short and totally unplanned. Just wanted to get something out now that the equipment is up and running. Hopefully I can corner Marty, Marcus, and Joe for a more robust offering next week.
Where is mancannon? Someone hold me.

Raide

urk said:

Since I am loving Forge, its really interesting to hear them talk about how the maps came together. Love it.

Sordid

I got a double kill with a sticky after I died but only 1 kill from the grave medal, why must you mock me so Bungle? :*(

Also, is SAE Magni from HaloGAF? The name seems familiar and he thoroughly pumped me earlier :lol

Top Bottom