• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Shake Appeal said:
ManCannon got sick of all our bitching, probably. I notice urk posts less than he used to, too, and Luke is a ghost.

There is less to interact about now, the game is out, now Urk maintains the connection.

Brian never really loved us anyway, and I heard Dax is actually his illegitimate son.

One could say Brian "got in there" with his "pro pipe," perhaps that's why Dax has such an issue with the actual weapon. :D

Arnie

urk said:
Super short and totally unplanned. Just wanted to get something out now that the equipment is up and running. Hopefully I can corner Marty, Marcus, and Joe for a more robust offering next week.
Thanks, appreciate the work. Sam's doing a good job, Bungie should hire more British people ;).

Dug said:
Really? I can't seem to find it. :\
I clicked "update" on my Bungie section in the podcast tab and it came right through.

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
ManCannon got sick of all our bitching, probably. I notice urk posts less than he used to, too, and Luke is a ghost.
He might be busy/on vacation/sick of us/whatever. I hate to make assumptions about stuff like that. But Bungie did rain Noble codes on HaloGAF, so we're far from forsaken. :p

I'm mostly curious what's up with the community playlist/tools ideas. I assume they're still cooking (I'm guessing that's what "it" is on b.net).

MrBig

urk said:
Super short and totally unplanned. Just wanted to get something out now that the equipment is up and running. Hopefully I can corner Marty, Marcus, and Joe for a more robust offering next week.
You know you're going to have to show the smock now.

Jesus guys, I meant from the podcast not his fucking dabbles on Gaf.... SHEEEESH!

Wait until the end, Lukems CLEARLY states who was ACTUALLY presenting that podcast. Also: I<3Peril

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Shake Appeal said:

Brian is in Disneyland, Luke sits with the adults over in design, and I have a five month old.

We still love you.

Sibylus

Banned
Every time I hear about grenade bounces and textures in the same sentence, I bristle slightly (though Bungie was referring to it ironically, of course).

Lazslo

This is the greatest thread name ever, well played Glah. So I guess it's safe now that we don't have to spoiler tag campaign talk now that were on were on the third thread?

BlueScrote said:
Man, I am playing awful tonight. I can't seem to track anyone with the DMR for shit.

I've noticed that if I play multiplayer matchmaking 2 days in a row, I play like absolute garbage on the 2nd day.

And today I was sucking ass in the campaign too. End of the Pillar of Autumn is annoying as fuck.

Also I hate fighting AI-controlled Wraiths. Those fuckers are psychic of anything you try to do.

Oozer3993

So I boot up Reach to play some Noble Map Pack, hoping for a chance to try out Multi Flag CTF on Tempest, and am greeted by Halo populace's distressing taste. The first match, a game of Slayer DMRs on Tempest is an option and I think "Great! I haven't played that map yet and the Halo community loves Slayer DMRs! It's a virtual lock!" The people in the game chose Snipers on Tempest :( The next match, and again Slayer DMRs on Tempest is an option. "It's surely going to be picked this time! The Halo community can't shun Slayer DMRs two times in a row!" They chose Snipers on Breakpoint :( Later, finally, Multi Flag CTF on Tempest comes up. And 6 people choose it and it wins! As it begins to load I think, "Yes! I've been waiting days to play this map/gametype combination, and it finally happens!"

*plop*

Disconnected from Xbox Live

My mom was having trouble with her computer and decided to unplug the router :(

neoism

BlueScrote said:
Man, I am playing awful tonight. I can't seem to track anyone with the DMR for shit.
I'm not sure me either, My internet is fine, but I just played 5 of the shittiest/laggiest games ever... :/ The last game went to black screen like 10 times to find a new host, but it was just unplayable throughout. Not sure what it means but before the game finished, everyone quit but me... at first I thought I lagged out:lol I was on the shittiest team ever damn game too. I my not play for a few days. I need to play more MM with you guys. I'll be able to get the weekly this weekend.

pakkit

Banned
Does anyone on HaloGAF play Doubles Arena? I love it, but finding a kindly random is entirely based on luck.

I'm psyched for the offish MLG Playlist, and I'm having fun with the new maps.

MMaRsu

Wow, I was wondering why there weren't any new posts in the OT2 thread :lol

Reach baby!

Falt said:
Let not another bad word be said about randoms! Just had a game with Bladed. GG, sir!

Hey look it's falt!

Had some good games with kylej tonight, despite playing terrible. For the first 2 hours I couldn't figure out why nobody had a mic. Apparently my settings were auto muting everybody.

urk said:
We still love you.

But you love some of us more than others right?

On a related note: armor lock is great and it's totally logical that warthogs should have super bounce technology in their tires while being ultra-susceptible to DMR bullets.

Gotta agree with the persecuted belief that Tempest is the best map so far. My number one wish for Halo games is that there be two teams of four people and one warthog per team. I was exceedingly bummed that Reach didn't ship with a team slayer map that featured the hog.

I understand the pro-people (pro-ples?) being frustrated with the non-static nature of Tempest spawns but I've enjoyed the feeling of constantly being on the move with a squad of my teammates. Maybe this changes when the map goes 4v4 I dunno.

Will listen to podcast now.

Willeth

Bregmann Roche said:
On a related note: armor lock is great and it's totally logical that warthogs should have super bounce technology in their tires while being ultra-susceptible to DMR bullets.

It's just that Reach is a prequel. The shocks on the Warthogs were new and springy, not old and busted like in games set later where they'd had a ton of use.

BlueScrote said:
I use the "Good Connection" setting, but I don't think that's a psych profile.
Heh, just found out that "Lone Wolf" is a setting in the psyche profile. I think I'm going to try it out.

51p-IG8fT0L._SS500_.jpg

I'm sure this has been mentioned but I just now saw the cover art. Pretty cool!

I really hope that they have a Kindle version immediately available.

squidhands said:
Heh, just found out that "Lone Wolf" is a setting in the psyche profile. I think I'm going to try it out.

I don't even know what kind of psyche that woud entail in terms of matchmaking preferences.

GhaleonEB

BlueScrote said:
I don't even know what kind of psyche that woud entail in terms of matchmaking preferences.
It's about play style. Lone Wolf and Team Player are, IIRC, the options. So whether you prefer to go and do your own thing, or work closely as a team.

Top Bottom