• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
If you have room for one more, hit me up. I wasted two hours yesterday thanks to a random power outage. =/

Tons of fun though.
Next time rather than fight the Elites up top of the oil station, just take the catwalks and bypass them. I have no idea why I wanted to kill those two Elites so badly. We should have just skipped it.

If I have time later tonight I'd be willing to go again. Maybe we can get Ivan to do it with us.

GhaleonEB

Shake Appeal said:
What's the problem here?
If you kill a civilian, the game kills you in return. Combined with poor AI, they're a walking hazard; they've ended several attempted flawless cowboy runs of mine. (Once when a lady strolled over to a plasma grenade I'd thrown.) It's one of those design decisions that rears its head every now and then, but it drives me nuts.

Four player LASO encounters get pretty bonkers, I'm expecting some incidents is all.

That tour is great. I wonder if it's from the Make a Wish Foundation or something like it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Cocopjojo said:
Next time rather than fight the Elites up top of the oil station, just take the catwalks and bypass them. I have no idea why I wanted to kill those two Elites so badly. We should have just skipped it.

If I have time later tonight I'd be willing to go again. Maybe we can get Ivan to do it with us.

I was wondering why you were so determined. I thought maybe they were important or would chase us or something. Hah.

Bummed I dropped after we finally got to the on-rails section by getting a checkpoint at the final AA gun/Hunter massacre after repeating it a dozen or so times. Despite the repeated encounters due to easy deaths, it's easily been my favourite run so far.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
I was wondering why you were so determined. I thought maybe they were important or would chase us or something. Hah.

Bummed I dropped after we finally got to the on-rails section by getting a checkpoint at the final AA gun/Hunter massacre after repeating it a dozen or so times. Despite the repeated encounters due to easy deaths, it's easily been my favourite run so far.
I think it was because I thought it'd be faster and safer than the catwalks. :p

Louis Wu

Hey You said:
That's pretty awesome of Bungie. I wonder why he got go to Bungie?
I'm pretty sure it was a Make-A-Wish dealie.
DOH! Didn't notice page 176; thought the last post was from last page. :(

Double Edit:
Willeth said:
Weekly down. RC's video really helped - that part with the beams is super useful and not at all as hard as Wu claimed.
Heh. It's only hard if you try to do it as fast as RC Master does it. I was fine when I stopped at the railing, and looked where I was jumping.

Then again, you probably don't know that I hold the record for "most times falling to his death on Chill Out" back in the Halo 1 days. :)

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Louis Wu said:

Double Edit:

Heh. It's only hard if you try to do it as fast as RC Master does it. I was fine when I stopped at the railing, and looked where I was jumping.

Then again, you probably don't know that I hold the record for "most times falling to his death on Chill Out" back in the Halo 1 days. :)
On Chill Out? That IS a record!

The LASO challenges are my favorite so far. I watched RC's video but still have to fight many battles he skipped over. Combine that with running it solo and it's just insane. I finally made it to the beams under the cat walk and fell off :( There's still quite a ways to go after that, too. Hopefully I'll be able to try again tonight.

Nutter

GhaleonEB said:
What side was the 3rd man on? We spent a good 30 minutes and 50+ deaths and could not get past one specific part: the first FRG turret on the left. By the time I could hit it, enough shots were in the air to kill the Falcon in front. The guy on the Falcon in front was on the right, so he couldn't hit it.
The third man was on the right side if i remember correctly. I was on the left and responsible for shooting that FRG turret, so basically we kept trying until we got lucky enough to get the timed shots count.

Louis Wu said:

Double Edit:

Pardon my ignorance, but...what?!?!

GhaleonEB

Nutter said:
The third man was on the right side if i remember correctly. I was on the left and responsible for shooting that FRG turret, so basically we kept trying until we got lucky enough to get the timed shots count.
Yeah I couldn't do it. Every time I killed the turret, enough shots were already in the air to kill him. And toward the end I was able to take it out before the engine drew it by just aiming at the right spot. I'd take it out, then watch the line of five shots or so drift toward the Falcon and toast it.

I'm guessing this is where the 'don't shoot' strategy comes into play.

GhaleonEB said:
If you kill a civilian, the game kills you in return. Combined with poor AI, they're a walking hazard; they've ended several attempted flawless cowboy runs of mine. (Once when a lady strolled over to a plasma grenade I'd thrown.) It's one of those design decisions that rears its head every now and then, but it drives me nuts.
I can't say they've ever been a problem for me (I only knew they killed you because a co-op buddy dared me to shoot one) but I've probably run through Campaign a lot less than you have.

Gui_PT

I'm home.

Any Euro bro that needs help with the weekly? I got it but I'll gladly help.

Sorry US bros, too laggy to be able to help you

Tawpgun

h6Cfj.jpg

Ignore the post it tape on ODST and lack of CE. I downloaded it since I lost my OG copy.

Merguson

Banned
Cocopjojo said:

Hi.

Hello.

Hey?

y4NrO.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Finished the LASO challenge.

Fuck.

You.

Bungie.

Sorry. I still love you guys. I'm just mad because it was frustrating and not very fun towards the end. We spent almost an hour on the last encounter.

I honestly don't know if that was worth the credits.

GhaleonEB

Video rendering for Unearthed has come online at bungie.net, so I can post a couple of videos I snagged over the weekend.

The first is about the Rocket Hog, which I have ranted about before. This is the video accompaniment to that rant. My driver was very good. I'm a decent shot. Watch as we try to kill four Elites for three minutes, and note how they eventually went down. My (excellent) driver got so exasperated he took things into his own hands. I try not to use phrases like "I don't know how this got past test", as that's a level of snark that's kind of mean. But I don't know how that got past test. I'd happily download a new map if it had a regular Warthog on it. I find the decision to make the Rocket Hog the only vehicle on the map inexplicable.

On a more positive note, here's a long clip of Unearthed kicking my ass. And I do mean that as a positive note: the map is hard when played on foot, and I love it. In the video, plan A was to splatter guys. I go from hero to zero in about four seconds. Plan B is to snag a Plasma Pistol. Note what happens when I try snag it (that is the sound of many guns sayin, no you cannot have a plasma pistol). The third is to hold up with the rest of the team. And then they show up.

The very end of the video couldn't be more poetic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
For the lulz. Basically. That's why HLG does it, and not gonna lie, I laughed hard at some of their videos.

Anyway, lost the quote, but for Plywood
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15424966&player=Tawpgun

I'd like to know what this is as well. It happens to me but its like 3 freezes in a row.
Ah, thank you Tawpgun. Yeah for whatever reason the replay file picks up one freeze rather than the multiple freezes that actually happen and it's happened to me everywhere, FF, Campaign and Multiplayer.

Sai-kun said:
Finished the LASO challenge.

Fuck.

You.

Bungie.

Sorry. I still love you guys. I'm just mad because it was frustrating and not very fun towards the end. We spent almost an hour on the last encounter.

I honestly don't know if that was worth the credits.

Same. It was fucking ridiculous.

Thanks to RC's video I completed the weekly in about 40 minutes and even though I did it the 'cheap' way it still opened my eyes to a ton of tricks. It was a lot of fun considering the way I did it.

Is anyone using the new IE9 (64bit)? and can you watch Bungie videos on it? Mine says install silverlight and when I do it says this version is already installed...

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Is anyone using the new IE9 (64bit)? and can you watch Bungie videos on it? Mine says install silverlight and when I do it says this version is already installed...
There is no x64 silverlight. I had the same problem when I was using the x64 Firefox 4 betas so I just switched back to x86 for the final release.

Louis Wu

Wow. I just realized the best chance I had of finishing the Pink Mist challenge was to play 10 straight games of regular Score Attack. That sounded pretty dull, so I gave up. :(

Merguson said:
So um.. is it my imagination or did you just post your reply in a quote? And put Tashi in there instead of your username?

That would be pretty weird if he did lawl.

Tashi said:
I hereby declare that bobs is awesome.

Louis Wu said:
Wow. I just realized the best chance I had of finishing the Pink Mist challenge was to play 10 straight games of regular Score Attack. That sounded pretty dull, so I gave up. :(

Yeah some of the challenges are ridiculous in terms of how much grinding they involve. I cant remember how much that challenge is worth, but 1 game of BTB will probably earn you more lol.

Gui_PT said:
Im in love with bobs.

This is getting weird.

Trasher

Louis Wu said:
200 is a shit ton.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

edit: Merg, I did say that. That's an accurate quote. I think I posted that a few days ago though lol

MrBig said:
There is no x64 silverlight. I had the same problem when I was using the x64 Firefox 4 betas so I just switched back to x86 for the final release.

Ugh that kinda lack of support this late especially by Microsoft is so annoying. Why the fuck?

Thanks was wondering if it was just my end.

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:
Ugh that kinda lack of support this late especially by Microsoft is so annoying. Why the fuck?

Thanks was wondering if it was just my end.
It's especially surprising since flash has had x64 support for almost a year now.

Top Bottom