• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

MrBig

Hydranockz said:
It took me too long to understand what you were trying to say... In fact, I still don't think I got the gist of it yet haha.
Was downloading the newest Unreal Development Kit update, which was taking up all of my 25 mbs connection. It's done now, hopping on.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Firefight is so bad now that it is longer. I mean I liked Firefight in the beginning when it was SHORT matches I played like 400 matches of it, now that its longer I just get bored...

Yeah it's so bad. So bad. Hang on guys, before we play this round of Firefight let me call the office and tell them I'm not coming in for 3 weeks. Feel like Rip Van Winkle by the time I get to the end of one game.

I've been meaning to ask, how many of you guys get on later evening? It seems like most of Halogaf are either students or work part time as everyone seems to play during the day...

Nutters, you're usually on at night so I'm down to play with you consistantly if you need another rifle on your team :) Probably won't be on for the holidays but I'll be on tonight and probably back in action come Sunday.

pakkit

Banned
The Antitype said:
Wow, so much negativity about Reach in here. :(

I don't think I've been this addicted to Halo since the daily Halo:CE LANs my buddies and I had in college. :D
We're negative on these boards, but that's because we play it every goddam day.

I love this game. I've been coming around to almost all the maps, and now that I've started going into matchmaking with groups its SO much better.

I played Elite Slayer on Tempest yesterday, fucking ROCKED.

I'm usually on anytime between 4PM EST to 1 AM EST (obviously not all those hours), although I'm home for break till Monday. Would be down to play with more of you guys.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Squall ASF said:
I've been meaning to ask, how many of you guys get on later evening? It seems like most of Halogaf are either students or work part time as everyone seems to play during the day...

Nutters, you're usually on at night so I'm down to play with you consistantly if you need another rifle on your team :) Probably won't be on for the holidays but I'll be on tonight and probably back in action come Sunday.

Both, but I'm an adult in school with a wife and kid, so my time is hit and miss, will only get worse when I actually get a law enforcement job.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
7k cR left until I hit General.

Need to savor this moment. :D

edit: Also, the cR distribution depending on the game-mode needs to be adjusted. I get 4.5k cR per FireFight game at minimum without completing any challenges, but if I play a full BTB game, I only get around 2k. Multiplayer is 'harder' than FireFight, so why not award more cR for multiplayer matchmaking?

kylej said:
Yeah it's so bad. So bad. Hang on guys, before we play this round of Firefight let me call the office and tell them I'm not coming in for 3 weeks. Feel like Rip Van Winkle by the time I get to the end of one game.
:lol

xxjuicesxx said:
Firefight is so bad now that it is longer. I mean I liked Firefight in the beginning when it was SHORT matches I played like 400 matches of it, now that its longer I just get bored...

Also the damage system towards the end gets so fucking borked, like yes I enjoy shooting two rockets into that elite then him rushing me for a melee and then I respond with three melees to him yet he beats me down...makes perfect sense!

Hey thanks for giving all those elites and brutes concussion rifles, my screen wasn't shaking and exploding with random shit enough already!

Uggh utter garbage. BASURA I SAY! Fix it to when it wasn't broken.
I love the longer firefights. But yeah, I can't stand those brutes with concussion rifle spam. There is so little time to react to one of those barrages.

I hope they do continue to tweak the firefight playlist though, both for those who want quicker matches, and those who want some added difficulty. Generator Defense and Versus are still salvageable as game types if they experiment more with the settings.

(Also, one wish: Give us Reach versions of the ODST firefight maps. That'd be fucking incredible)

Arnie

Guys I have some nice Christmas money and I was hoping to upgrade my audio situation with it, my question was to those that can help, are the Astro A40's really worth the price tag?

If so then I'll probably go for them because I'm at University so I can't make too much noise for my neighbours and housemates but I want to experience surround sound whilst playing my games. Not to mention I'm a big watcher of MLG so the Astro's just seem like a natural solution to my problem.

So to those who own them, what is the sound quality like and what is the voice communication like considering everything is coming out of the same speakers?

Booties

Banned
LosDaddie said:
thanks, guys.

Did you transfer over the game/DLC licenses too?

All I did was press "transfer all content" and everything worked perfectly. The only stuff you have to do manually again is stuff like netflix, twitter, facebook, etc. Basically anything that requires a confirmation code and/or password (this includes networking since you have a new serial number)

For example, I played peggle no problem after I finished up recovering my xbl account.

Anyway, I may be getting on real soon. Feel free to add me now and hit me up later, I have some room on my friends list. B 2 DA OOTIES

Smokey

Tashi0106 said:
Sorry

gotta go

Thanks for watching

Ay tashi i got my stream working. for whatever reason ustream/jtv was killing my pc resource wise, so I went to livestream.com and it works fine. No lag or anything.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
Guys I have some nice Christmas money and I was hoping to upgrade my audio situation with it, my question was to those that can help, are the Astro A40's really worth the price tag?

If so then I'll probably go for them because I'm at University so I can't make too much noise for my neighbours and housemates but I want to experience surround sound whilst playing my games. Not to mention I'm a big watcher of MLG so the Astro's just seem like a natural solution to my problem.

So to those who own them, what is the sound quality like and what is the voice communication like considering everything is coming out of the same speakers?

I love my A40s, I had TrittonAXpros and the A40s are much better.

Louis Wu

Wow, sometimes Firefight works out.

Two challenges (Weekly Ride the Wave and Daily A Friend in Need) completed, plus one commendation (In Command) bumped up to silver = 11k game.

Not to mention a Triple Double and a Sidekick medal (I don't get many of either of those).

I think I'm done for the night. :lol

Booties

Banned
Doing some firefight poopsocking for a while, would like to switch over to DLC at some point though. Send B 2 DA OOTIES a message.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Lazslo said:
I really wish I could watch on my iPad. JTv's gotta get rid of that java yo.

They have a JTV viewing app for iPhone...

Smokey said:
Ay tashi i got my stream working. for whatever reason ustream/jtv was killing my pc resource wise, so I went to livestream.com and it works fine. No lag or anything.

Wow, how weird. Good job though! :D

Arnie

Alienshogun said:
I love my A40s, I had TrittonAXpros and the A40s are much better.
I'm really tempted to pick a pair up over Christmas. might check out some reviews, the only thing I'm worried about is the voice quality, both receiving and sending. I also wonder how good the surround sound is on them compared to a non-headphone surround sound setup.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
I'm really tempted to pick a pair up over Christmas. might check out some reviews, the only thing I'm worried about is the voice quality, both receiving and sending. I also wonder how good the surround sound is on them compared to a non-headphone surround sound setup.

It's fantastic, I used to game with regular home theater surround sound. I much prefer headphone surround, and with my Astros I can tell exactly where people are, I could do the same with my tritton AXpros, but Astros sound better since they don't use 4 speakers in each can. Voice on the Astros is amazing, it sounds fantastic, and the mic sounds good, it's super sensitive though so I actually have my mic straight up when playing.

Arnie

Alienshogun said:
It's fantastic, I used to game with regular home theater surround sound. I much prefer headphone surround, and with my Astros I can tell exactly where people are, I could do the same with my tritton AXpros, but Astros sound better since they don't use 4 speakers in each can. Voice on the Astros is amazing, it sounds fantastic, and the mic sounds good, it's super sensitive though so I actually have my mic straight up when playing.
this is great news, I was worried my voice might be too quiet coming from my current official wireless mic that's quite honestly pretty terrible. I'm also buoyed by the fact the voices are clear to here, I was concerned it would be drowned out by all the game volume. definitely going to pick up a pair of these, it's time I upgraded, going to go for the MLG editions.

p.s. sorry for my sloppy capitalisation, posting on an iPad.

GhaleonEB

Louis Wu said:
Wow, sometimes Firefight works out.

Two challenges (Weekly Ride the Wave and Daily A Friend in Need) completed, plus one commendation (In Command) bumped up to silver = 11k game.

Not to mention a Triple Double and a Sidekick medal (I don't get many of either of those).

I think I'm done for the night. :lol
Another reason I wish cR were tracked as well as points are. It would be cool to see those kind of epic payouts.

My daughter just got sucked outside into space on Corvette by standing on top of the ship; a ledge pulled her through. Pretty neat.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Arnie said:
this is great news, I was worried my voice might be too quiet coming from my current official wireless mic that's quite honestly pretty terrible. I'm also buoyed by the fact the voices are clear to here, I was concerned it would be drowned out by all the game volume. definitely going to pick up a pair of these, it's time I upgraded, going to go for the MLG editions.

p.s. sorry for my sloppy capitalisation, posting on an iPad.

Nah, those wireless mics are horrid for picking up voice, the Astros work awesome, almost too good.

Astros actually have a general volume and a voice dial, as you turn up the voice dial it transfers more voice over game volume, so between the two dials you can get the perfect setup.

If more people had better mics I could turn down my voice dial.

I went for the Green BXRs, and made custom tags, but that's another story all together. :lol

Another note, their customer service is amazing, and if you have twitter follow them, they will answer any questions you have and help with any issues, and the packaging is out of this world, like better than Oakley Glasses quality boxing.

Here's some kid unboxing if you wanna check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHNs6refVpk

Arnie said:

They're awesome, I have them with the A40's and the wireless mixamp and am very, very happy. Sound is fine in chatting, there's a dial that lets you change the mix between game and voice volume.

The bass and directional sound are amazing. Agree with everything Alienshogun said. Even the boxes kick ass. Sure its expensive but I think you really do get what you pay for, in this case.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Neuromancer said:
They're awesome, I have them with the wireless mixamp and am very, very happy. Sound is fine in chatting, there's a dial that lets you change the mix between game and voice volume.

The bass and directional sound is amazing.

Yep, plus you can get a pair of these made to make it official. :lol

28khb92.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
GhaleonEB said:
The Blastin' and Relaxin' Challenge for today is broken: it won't work in custom/offline games. Every time it's come up before, my daughter has been able to get it in a custom Firefight game. She just got done playing 20 minutes of it, and I check the Challenge process from the pause menu, and it can't be done.

It's configured to work in Matchmaking only, not "any game mode" as the description states.

I got the challenge by doing just that, actually. I just loaded up the "1M in 10 minutes" gametype on Corvette and sat there killing Elites over and over until I got the challenge.

Arnie

thanks guys, just had a quick browse and am now fully committed to buying them. I can get the new wireless mix amp too for the same price if I order soon, which I intend to. those speaker tags are boss, although I think I'm going to stick to the MLG logo for maximum hipster effect. the one thing I need is a genuinely good audio solution for competitive gaming in a shared, noise unfriendly environment, it's almost like Astro read my mind and made the audio systems accordingly to suit my wants and needs. the positive feedback about the customer service is a great bonus to and makes me feel extra sure about throwing down £190 for these babies.

igoturpistola watch out, I'm coming for you, I can hear your footsteps.

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
I got the challenge by doing just that, actually. I just loaded up the "1M in 10 minutes" gametype on Corvette and sat there killing Elites over and over until I got the challenge.
Hmmm. She was in a custom Firefight game just now and it was darkened out in the pause menu Challenge listing, saying it could not be done in that mode.

Edit: she had the difficulty set to Easy. Challenges have to be done on Normal or harder, of course. Whoops!

GhaleonEB

Thanks for the FF games guys. The normal payout plus three games with Challenges notched made for some absurd payouts. I just got promoted and those games got me 1/3 of the way to the next one. :lol

GOD DAMN do I love firefight. Stating the obvious sure, but its just always a great time, even when I'm sure it won't.

Standard, Rocketfight, Sniperfight, 4 players, 2 players, solo, it doesn't matter. Even better when challenges sweeten the pot.

Did I mention I love Firefight?

Everyone should take a minute to relive the last page before the H3 thread was closed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187715&page=2023&highlight=halo

So good. :lol

1750cR
More than a Handful
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

2000cR
A Great Friend
Earn 15 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1000cR
Light Fuse, Run Away
Kill 4 enemies with grenades in a multiplayer Matchmaking game.

2000cR
I Need Some Ammo
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic or harder with the Famine Skull on.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
xxjuicesxx said:
Everyone should take a minute to relive the last page before the H3 thread was closed:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187715&page=2023&highlight=halo

So good. :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Do me a favor, Dax. Disagree with me on something. Please.

I mean, I don't know how to tell you this but you care about me too much, and I'm married. I just can't reciprocate. I took down my avatar and you sent me worried PMs and lamented the lost Soffish in the thread multiple times. You care about my avatar more than I do.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Arnie

Seems I made a cameo on the last page too, having a dig at Dax, sorry Dax.

Just finished the campaign on Legendary, it really is the best Halo campaign ever, without a doubt. It does everything CE did and more, the ending is absolutely perfect too. What a game, bravo Bungie, you bowed out in style. My game of the year.

Oh and fuck that Mac Cannon segment.

P.S. Just ordered my white wireless MLG A40 Audio System.

Top Bottom