• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Squall ASF said:
You can assasinate pretty much anything. I've even performed it on grunts.

yeah, i've done grunts, elites, skirmishers, but for whatever reason, all my attempts at brutes have failed. pretty shocking to see it occur. now someone tell me its possible to assassinate hunters and my day will be made :)

op_ivy said:
yeah, i've done grunts, elites, skirmishers, but for whatever reason, all my attempts at brutes have failed. pretty shocking to see it occur. now someone tell me its possible to assassinate hunters and my day will be made :)

If only. I guess they'd be too quick and easy to take down if you could though.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
op_ivy said:
watching my nephew play firefight...

holy shit, you can assassinate brutes!? i tried several times when the game first came out and it never seemed to work, so i figured it wasnt possible, but my nephew just did a bad ass one. heh, so cool to find new shit in a game i've already put countless hours in!

On that note, you can supercombine Hunters too, just be sure to land all the needles in the back.

Louis Wu

op_ivy said:
watching my nephew play firefight...

holy shit, you can assassinate brutes!? i tried several times when the game first came out and it never seemed to work, so i figured it wasnt possible, but my nephew just did a bad ass one. heh, so cool to find new shit in a game i've already put countless hours in!
It's impossible to assassinate a brute once he becomes aware of you (even if you get behind him). Before that, though - yep, fair game.

Go here, do an in-page search for 'assassinate the Chieftain', then watch the movie that follows - 10 seconds from the end is a pretty cool assassination. :)

Does anyone know how to fix the following Xbox problems:

-Can't see my C/Music folder anymore even though if I go into Windows Media Center on the Xbox I can connect and use my computers music...but I can't choose the folder in any games it doesn't show up just my Xbox hard drive shows up on the list...

-I chose to startup dashboard for awhile but now I wanna jump straight to Halo Reach when I start up the console, Startup option selected is Disc but still boots to dashboard every time!

WTF Why can't shit just work right?

zumphry

Banned
squidhands said:
by the way, today is my birthday

Happy Berfday! Yay!

Hopefully I'm not the only one who heard GBP when I typed that.

ShinAmano said:
Strategy vs Patience.

AI vs Enemy Closets amirite?

GhaleonEB said:
MythicCourtyard.jpg

:D

Your powers are weak, old man.

Arnie

Brilliant, despite noting in my psych profile that I would prefer people who are chatty I assumed Bungie would try to match me up with people who speak my language.

Arnie said:
Brilliant, despite noting in my psych profile that I would prefer people who are chatty I assumed Bungie would try to match me up with people who speak my language.
There was a function for that in Halo 3, isn't it still there in Reach?

I get matched up with fellow Belgians occasionally, but most of the time it's either guys from Holland or the UK.

Arnie

Blue Ninja said:
There was a function for that in Halo 3, isn't it still there in Reach?

I get matched up with fellow Belgians occasionally, but most of the time it's either guys from Holland or the UK.
Not sure. Honestly I get restless waiting for custom searchs to find me a suitable game, it seems to take ages. I just get tired of developers treating the EU as one entity. Because we are classed as European doesn't mean we are all suitable playing with each other in a team environment. I just want to play with people who speak English.

In other news, pre-MLG playlist I was a warrant officer grade 3. Post-MLG playlist, as of about five minutes ago I'm now Lieutenant Colonel. I'm in the promised land everyone, hold me.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Good games Juices, Kyle, Booties, and Nutter. That last CTF game was crazy. :lol

xxjuicesxx said:
Well after tonight I got the next four nights off so I expect a lot of raging in playlists then. Good games tonight.

Yeah, sorry about the yelling, I just hate getting used to new sensitivities, I'm back to using 3. Fuck using 8, shit's just too twitchy to remain accurate.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jroderton said:
Just went 17-7 in MLG. Love this playlist so far.

Anyone know the respawn time for the sniper on MLG Countdown?

I believe everything is 1 minute. That's always seems to work when we time it.

I'm hating MLG more and more(only because I suck), it's painfully obvious how much better most of those guys are than me, especially on days when it sits at 2k, it's mostly good players.

Armor lock really needs to be removed from non vehicle playlists, it's ruining the game. That's the only reason I go into MLG.

J-Roderton

Alienshogun said:
I believe everything is 1 minute. That's always seems to work when we time it.

I'm hating MLG more and more(only because I suck), it's painfully obvious how much better most of those guys are than me, especially on days when it sits at 2k, it's mostly good players.

Armor lock really needs to be removed from non vehicle playlists, it's ruining the game. That's the only reason I go into MLG.

I love the only way to get a power up is to pick it up.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The first sniper respawn is 13:11. It's every 2 minutes after that. However the new sniper won't respawn until the previous one is empty and dropped. Or if it isn't empty, has disappeared off of the map. If you have sniper you must be aware of when the next one is coming if you wish to get it on time.

Striker

Hopefully the BTB playlist gets weight changes next update. Why it's primarily Slayer, Headhunter, and Stockpile is mind boggling.

J-Roderton

Striker said:
Hopefully the BTB playlist gets weight changes next update. Why it's primarily Slayer, Headhunter, and Stockpile is mind boggling.

I wonder if they will ever go the route of Heavy and Covie type games, like they did in H3?

Striker

Jroderton said:
I wonder if they will ever go the route of Heavy and Covie type games, like they did in H3?
It's not just that, but why so often games like Headhunter and Stockpile show up so much. And why Slayer on Countdown shows up more than Slayer on Paradiso or Hemorrhage, for instance. Why is Countdown in there in the first place? The map serves no purpose for 16-players. It revolves around camping corners, melee, and grenades.

Adjust weights, add in Assault which isn't in there for some odd, unexplained reason, and I wouldn't mind spicing up the Elites a bit. Elite Slayer isn't bad for Hemorrhage. I wouldn't mind Covie Neutral Assault and Covie CTF for Elites, as well. I guess I'm just tired of getting the new gametypes, or Slayer oriented ones, rather than the gametypes that really define big team games to me (flag and bomb).

Is Tempest ever going to lose the dynamic spawns? Or at least have them tightened up a bit?

Cause if they get fixed, it's pretty much a run-away for my favorite map in the game.

Nutter

I have only a handful of people playing this game now days [on my friends list].. it seems the old guard/crew is no longer interested in playing it. Sigh...

Trasher

Nutter said:
I have only a handful of people playing this game now days [on my friends list].. it seems the old guard/crew is no longer interested in playing it. Sigh...
Got tired of you
and everyone
complaining all the time while playing. lawl!

Ramirez

Nutter said:

I can't force myself to play something I dislike so much, not enjoying/playing a Halo title every day is some what depressing to me.

GhaleonEB said:
1 v 4 SWAT, after my team mates quit out at while the match loaded.

One of those game types where it's much better to be the one. :D

2700 cR for a 12 minute game. I'll take it.
I love those games where the outcome is totally wasn't what you expected it to be (basically you winning when you thought you wouldn't).

I just picked up a set of the Square-Enix Play Arts Kai Reach figures today and a Noble Team t-shirt from the comic shop I work at. They're very nice. If anyone on HaloGAF cares I could post some pics or perhaps type up a small review.

Booties

Banned
Alienshogun said:
Good games Juices, Kyle, Booties, and Nutter. That last CTF game was crazy. :lol

Every now and then a situation forces a man to do things greater than himself. Such as that flag run I had ftw.

Nah Shogun I love the yelling I do it all the fucking time! Its like at least I know you're into the game I had a buddy who would play with me in college and just sit there quiet the entire time, I never even knew if the kid was even enjoying himself.

2500cR
Blastin' and Relaxin'
Kill 500 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

2000cR
A Friend in Need
Earn 10 assists in Firefight Matchmaking.

2000cR
Heroic Demon
Kill 20 Elites in Firefight Matchmaking on Heroic or harder.

1800cR
Blast Radius
Kill 40 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with grenades.

Booties said:
Every now and then a situation forces a man to do things greater than himself. Such as that flag run I had ftw.

I think you mean For the Lose, we lost that game and my epenis shrank a little.

Been away from Reach for about 9 days, do miss it.
Barrow Roll said:
I just picked up a set of the Square-Enix Play Arts Kai Reach figures today and a Noble Team t-shirt from the comic shop I work at. They're very nice. If anyone on HaloGAF cares I could post some pics or perhaps type up a small review.
Please do, what I've seen so far of those SE Reach figures has been amazing.

Arnie

I've actually been quite enjoying Firefight Matchmaking over the past couple of days, even if it was just to get the dailies. Lars needs to be commended though, the switch to a whole set much improves the game and makes it feel like an increasing challenge. I've just got a little tired of Firefight because of all this playing it that I don't think I can muster up the effort to do them.

Not to mention I'm going to finish Pillar of Autumn on Legendary, my day's packed as it is.

BloodySinner said:
I don't know how late I am to the party, but I came across this the other day and couldn't help but laugh for more than 30 minutes. Absolutely hilarious. :lol
Quite late but it's a damn hilarious video I will watch a few more times today :p

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
I'll try get on in a bit... I should do some last minute Christmas shopping... but.... OMGITZHALOZORS!

I'm just going to eat some dangerously spicy chicken. If I don't on, you know what happened to me.

feel

Ramirez said:
I can't force myself to play something I dislike so much, not enjoying/playing a Halo title every day is some what depressing to me.
I feel the same way. Despite thinking the game is great, I just never feel like playing it, I still play when my friends ask me to join them, and I end up having fun, but the genuine excitement I felt when someone said "let's play Halo!" is just not there anymore with Reach.

Top Bottom