• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

GhaleonEB

IMG_4561.jpg

Sai

Earlier this evening, my friends and I took a break from Reach, only to come back and find a notice on the screen saying something about my 360 being temp-banned from earning credits. What's that all about?

MIMIC

Banned
God damn....that achievement where you have to jump off of a cliff to assassinate the Elite is glitchy as hell. The first time I did it, the achievement didn't pop up (and on screen, it showed him as quickly doing the knifing motion, then the focus went to the sky @_@). The 2nd time around, it showed him knifing the ground with the Elite off to the side. But the achievement popped up this time.

Took me a million tries :lol Turns out I was jumping too soon (and in the process, I found out that you only need to TAP the LB to spring and not hold it :D)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jroderton said:
Wow. HaloGaf actually tweeted today? Merry Christmas to all by the way.

HaloGAF on twitter is just Blueblur.

GhaleonEB said:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p172/ghaleoneb/IMG_4561.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

Mine's up too. :D

[QUOTE=Sai]Earlier this evening, my friends and I took a break from Reach, only to come back and find a notice on the screen saying something about my 360 being temp-banned from earning credits. What's that all about?[/QUOTE]

Have you been idling? Did you idle in matchmaking when you "took a break?"

Sai

o_o I did idle, but I'm almost certain that we were in the matchmaking lobby.

Maybe I didn't back out properly...

CryptiK

I got Halo Reach today along with an Xbox I must know what has a bigger community Reach or Halo 3? also does ODST include the same multiplaer as Halo 3?

Arnie

CryptiK said:
I got Halo Reach today along with an Xbox I must know what has a bigger community Reach or Halo 3? also does ODST include the same multiplaer as Halo 3?
Reach. And yes ODST contains the full Halo 3 multiplayer suite. You've just got yourself two of the best multiplayer shooters available on console so have fun and enjoy.

Zeouterlimits said:
Real tree Ghal?

Merry Christmas folks, have a good one :)
Yes Merry Christmas to all (that celebrate it)!
Now in the spirit on Christmas I bring you.... TOYS!

vxzrfa.jpg

Just took this quick snapshot, if anyone wants to see more or any specific poses or photos let me know and I'd be happy to oblige.

Here are some quick thoughts on them. These guys are fucking awesome. Best Halo figures on the market right now. They blow everything MacFarlane has put out far and away.

They're about 9 inches tall which is a great size without being a full on 12 inch figure. The sculpting is spot on, every detail you could imagine is there, especially on the Sniper Rifle. It looks fantastic. Paint jobs are great but a bit different than in promotional images. Some the metallic sheen you see in promotional shots has been toned down or changed to a matte finish. This is especially noticeable on Noble Six who looks painted in a metallic gunmetal in promotional shots but is now a dark grey with a slight metallic look to him. I personally prefer this look. Overall they look phenomenal, especially the green on Jun.

Articulation is off the charts. Everything has a swivel and the joints for the most part are nice and tight. These guys have a swivel joint in the shoulder blade which allows you to swing their arms forward more. This allows a whole new array of poses to be possible and is just great. As you can see with Jun there, full kneeling poses are possible and so much more.

You get 2 "open" hands, 2 "trigger" hands, a frag grenade, a combat knife and their respective weapons for each figure. Would've been nice if they had included some closed fists or a Magnum but obviously the Magnum is being saved for Kat since that's her signature weapon. The frags have a post sticking out of them which varies in length for each figure for some reason. There are small holes in the palm of the "open" hands and on the side of the legs for the grenade to fit onto but the posts are just too long to sit in the hand and I wouldn't dare put the grenade on the figure for fear of the post snapping in the hole. Six and Jun's combat knives store tightly in their sheaths and Emiles kukri knife does as well unlike MacFarlane's Emile who couldn't store his knife. Unfortunately they don't hold their knives too well since the "trigger" hand is made for the guns, but it's doable. Guns fit nicely into their hands with the trigger finger in the correct spot. Emile and Six can store their guns on their backs as well but Jun cannot because of his ghillie thing around his neck.

These guys run for about $50 a pop. This might seem a bit steep for many but they were well worth it to me. Highly recommended, will definitely pick up the rest of Noble Team. Here's hoping SE does the Master Chief or some Elites down the road as well.

Barrow Roll said:
Yes Merry Christmas to all (that celebrate it)!
Now in the spirit on Christmas I bring you.... TOYS!

Just took this quick snapshot, if anyone wants to see more or any specific poses or photos let me know and I'd be happy to oblige.

Here are some quick thoughts on them. These guys are fucking awesome. Best Halo figures on the market right now. They blow everything MacFarlane has put out far and away.

They're about 9 inches tall which is a great size without being a full on 12 inch figure. The sculpting is spot on, every detail you could imagine is there, especially on the Sniper Rifle. It looks fantastic. Paint jobs are great but a bit different than in promotional images. Some the metallic sheen you see in promotional shots has been toned down or changed to a matte finish. This is especially noticeable on Noble Six who looks painted in a metallic gunmetal in promotional shots but is now a dark grey with a slight metallic look to him. I personally prefer this look. Overall they look phenomenal, especially the green on Jun.

Articulation is off the charts. Everything has a swivel and the joints for the most part are nice and tight. These guys have a swivel joint in the shoulder blade which allows you to swing their arms forward more. This allows a whole new array of poses to be possible and is just great. As you can see with Jun there, full kneeling poses are possible and so much more.

You get 2 "open" hands, 2 "trigger" hands, a frag grenade, a combat knife and their respective weapons for each figure. Would've been nice if they had included some closed fists or a Magnum but obviously the Magnum is being saved for Kat since that's her signature weapon. The frags have a post sticking out of them which varies in length for each figure for some reason. There are small holes in the palm of the "open" hands and on the side of the legs for the grenade to fit onto but the posts are just too long to sit in the hand and I wouldn't dare put the grenade on the figure for fear of the post snapping in the hole. Six and Jun's combat knives store tightly in their sheaths and Emiles kukri knife does as well unlike MacFarlane's Emile who couldn't store his knife. Unfortunately they don't hold their knives too well since the "trigger" hand is made for the guns, but it's doable. Guns fit nicely into their hands with the trigger finger in the correct spot. Emile and Six can store their guns on their backs as well but Jun cannot because of his ghillie thing around his neck.

These guys run for about $50 a pop. This might seem a bit steep for many but they were well worth it to me. Highly recommended, will definitely pick up the rest of Noble Team. Here's hoping SE does the Master Chief or some Elites down the road as well.
Wow they look awesome. Maybe I'll buy them later.

MrBig

58k on christmas? I wonder how many shriekers are just now getting the game.
e: Did bungie reset True Skill? I'm sitting at the voting screen about to beat a bunch of BK recruits and pre officers.
Also I'm wearing a grilling apron that I got for christmas

Blueblur1

Today's Challenges suuuuuuuuuuck.

Where There's Smoke...
Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1000cR

A Friend in Need
Earn 5 assists in Firefight Matchmaking. 1300cR

Return of the Mack
Kill 35 Elites in Campaign today on Normal or harder. 1700cR

Foggy Notion
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Cloud and Famine on. 1400cR

MrBig

kylej said:
http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/YESs(1).gif[img][/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=387757042&player=Mr%20Kwatz[/url]
I could have done so much better but the way they cluster together with ARs blazing makes it impossible to work my magic
e: My only deaths in that game were by melee, armor lock, and tank.

Gui_PT

Blueblur1 said:
Today's Challenges suuuuuuuuuuck.

Where There's Smoke...
Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking. 1000cR

A Friend in Need
Earn 5 assists in Firefight Matchmaking. 1300cR

Return of the Mack
Kill 35 Elites in Campaign today on Normal or harder. 1700cR

Foggy Notion
Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Cloud and Famine on. 1400cR

But they're christmas challenges, so they're full of joy!

Sai-kun

Banned
Happy Halodays, HaloGAF! :3 I kinda miss playing with you all!

I need to make some time for Halo! My PC has been eating my time right up.

Sai-kun said:
I need to make some time for Halo! My PC has been eating my time right up.
This is the real world, Sai-Kun. THIS IS THE REAL WORLD! There arent any orcs and goblins in this world. There arent two fraction called Horde and Alliance. Come back Sai-Kun, we miss you.

Btw. Merry christmas HaloGAF!

Alienshogun said:
Be a better person, play reach while listening to Beethoven :D

I would except I got Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, and AA: Brother Hood for Christmas, which means my time over the next month or 2 is gone out the window.

Kuroyume

Banned
Been away from the 360 all week and really want to play. Have to say that the challanges this week have been terrible... Not missing much there. Figured they would boost the points during the Holidays but the opposite has happened.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
CrazedArabMan said:
I would except I got Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, and AA: Brother Hood for Christmas, which means my time over the next month or 2 is gone out the window.

And you consider yourself HaloGAF?!? FOR SHAME! :D

Have fun with FONV, that game is a ton of fun.

Alienshogun said:
And you consider yourself HaloGAF?!? FOR SHAME! :D

Have fun with FONV, that game is a ton of fun.

:p

Yeah, seeing as how I went through and did every quest and found every special named weapon in Fallout 3 (Thank You Fallout Wiki :D), and bought all the DLC, I can say that FONV is going to last me a looooong time.

Flipyap

Barrow Roll said:
Best Halo figures on the market right now. They blow everything MacFarlane has put out far and away.
For Reach, maybe, but it's not a fair comparison. You're talking about $10 5-inch figures.
These certainly don't blow away the 12" Master Chief McFarlane Toys released for $30.

Barrow Roll said:
They're about 9 inches tall which is a great size without being a full on 12 inch figure. The sculpting is spot on, every detail you could imagine is there, especially on the Sniper Rifle.
How can the sculpting be spot on, when they just slapped these on their standard Play Arts bases with obvious anime proprotions?
They're certainly detailed sculpts, but for $50 I'd expect them to be more accurate. Huge painting errors like the one on Jun's helmet really shouldn't happen on a figure with this price tag.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Flipyap said:
For Reach, maybe, but it's not a fair comparison. You're talking about $10 5-inch figures.
These certainly don't blow away the 12" Master Chief McFarlane Toys released for $30.

How can the sculpting be spot on, when they just slapped these on their standard Play Arts bases with obvious anime proprotions?
They're certainly detailed sculpts, but for $50 I'd expect them to be more accurate. Huge painting errors like the one on Jun's helmet really shouldn't happen on a figure with this price tag.

Whoa, calm down killer, he's just enjoying his figures!

Captain Blood said:
Merry Christmas guys, I hope you all have an awesome day :)

Ditto, glad you made it home alive!

Schmitty

I think I'll spend Christmas day actually not playing Reach. I have AC: Brotherhood and GT5 to play now. Good thing I got that gold visor last week.

Merry Christmas gaf.

Extended family is taking up the room with the xbox, but they're helping to cover the cost of a pair of Astro A40s so it's all good. I did want to try some halo horse with the cousins but oh well.

Hypocrite of the day is just me. I got Black Ops for Xmas and was tempted to try it out, despite my "I don't like shooting people" claim I made awhile back. :lol Little did I realize that when I made that statement, that means I'd be including games like Mass Effect, which I like. I need to not make such blanketed statements in the future.

Flipyap said:
Fair smair. I'd much rather have one of these than 3 $15 MacFarlane figures, which I happen to have plenty of including the entire Reach series 1 minus the multiplayer figures. And yes, in my opinion it does beat the 12" Chief. There's a reason I've passed on that figure every time I've seen it in person, it's ugly. Those finger joints are especially nasty. Bigger for a smaller price tag doesn't automatically mean better. Just my opinion though.

How can the sculpting be spot on, when they just slapped these on their standard Play Arts bases with obvious anime proprotions? They're certainly detailed sculpts, but for $50 I'd expect them to be more accurate.
K cmon, now it just seems like you got a chip on your shoulder against Play Arts Kai or Squenix. Do you have these figures? Have you seen them in person? Do you have plenty of Play Arts Kai figures or seen plenty of them in person? I work in a comic shop, we've had pretty much the entire series come through. Bleach, Devil May Cry, Resident Evil 5, Final Fantaxy XIII, Bayonetta, Full Metal Alchemist, you name it. I can tell you for a fact that there is no "slapped on standard Play Arts bases". Each figure has unique sculpting and joint systems depending on the series or figures and this just comes off as ignorant.

And when I say sculpts being spot on, every detail is where it should be. Every little detail is well defined. It looks sharp, nothing just looks like an unsightly blob. And, at least to my eyes, the proportions look off only in the really terribly posed promotional images which it seems they went out of their way to pose them anime style or really stretch out the chest, which you can do since since there is a waist and mid chest joint. I can pose these guys just like their on screen counterparts and it looks spot on.

And you wanna talk proportions? Let's look at Jorge from MacFarlanes series 1. He's got lol-worthy small forearms. Or Buck's giant helmet. Dare is just ridiculously small (good figure though). Looking at my Emile figure on my desk he's got tiny arms too.

Huge painting errors like the one on Jun's helmet really shouldn't happen on a figure with this price tag.
I'll give you this one. It's not a deal breaker to me but still an imperfection nonetheless.

I know you qualified it with the "with this price tag" line but these things happen to all toys. All the Grunt Ultras in MacFarlanes Reach series 1 have missassembled legs. The Rookie figure they put out was a mess, with joints popping off and things just falling apart ontop of the completely unaccurate paint job of dark metallic green with no helmet stripe. These things happen in the world of toy collecting.

I'm gonna go enjoy my awesome toys now. *pew pew*

Gui_PT

Rorschach said:
Wait, so it's not normal to have at least 1 guy quit every single game?

That was the usual in the 1st couple of months (before blops came out) After that, quitters became less of a problem

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:
It's not a good thing if you end up on the quitters team

Yeah, I was simply asking if there is that many newbies that quitting is an issue again.

Man, this coming week is going to be a slaughter.:lol

Rorschach said:
Wait, so it's not normal to have at least 1 guy quit every single game?

Sometimes, but the quitting is FAR less than it was at release. It's going to happen at christmas due to the influx of new players, and Halo is very unforgiving to newbies, so they ragequit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Dax01 said:
Hypocrite of the day is just me. I got Black Ops for Xmas and was tempted to try it out, despite my "I don't like shooting people" claim I made awhile back. :lol Little did I realize that when I made that statement, that means I'd be including games like Mass Effect, which I like. I need to not make such blanketed statements in the future.
Dude, I love shooting people. It's the best part of these games.

Top Bottom