• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Ramirez said:
Yea, that's what I was thinking. What is making this one such a hot item?

HaloFest, I assume.

That Halo franchise is somewhat popular, from what I hear. :p

And I think PAX keeps selling out earlier each year anyways.

Ramirez

ncsuDuncan said:
HaloFest, I assume.

That Halo franchise is somewhat popular, from what I hear. :p

And I think PAX keeps selling out earlier each year anyways.

I guess, 08 had a huge Bungie showing as well though...

Trasher

Captain Blood said:
I don't remember Pax 08 selling out at all did it? I thought Trasher picked up his pass the day of :(
Yeah I picked it up the day of, but Omlet bought it for me who knows how long before.
The bastard got pissed off when I tried to pay him for it later! <3 :p

Nutter said:
Is it time to point fingers and say i'm better than you yet?

BTW Team 2 will probably need to replace that 0-15 guy in our roster.
Sure. Replace me. But know this: You can also replace your "TJ" tag, and you can try to replace my friendship, but I bid you good luck with that one, sir.
:(

Ramirez said:
I guess, 08 had a huge Bungie showing as well though...

Yeah, but was that one promoted as a big event? The HaloFest press release probably sold a ton of PAX tickets.

If I hadn't already bought mine that would have convinced me...

Hitmonchan107 said:
This whole PAX situation is really bumming me out. :^(
I'd say still buy Friday and Sunday tickets when/if you can. Usually there are some events outside of the convention center you could try. Or just keep an eye on this PAF thread. How can I help you celebrate your 21st if you aren't in Seattle too?

Yeah, Hitmon, think of the after hours parties to be had.

I am a bit relieved that I can no longer go. It was either PAX or visit my girlfriend. It was always going to be the later but damn me if I didn't dream of taking her to Seattle too :lol.

Tunavi

Banned
Is anyone else incredible annoyed at the removal of the Noble Map Pack?

Fuck this shit, I never get to play Breakpoint anymore... :(

Ramirez

ncsuDuncan said:
Yeah, but was that one promoted as a big event? The HaloFest press release probably sold a ton of PAX tickets.

If I hadn't already bought mine that would have convinced me...

I'd say still buy Friday and Sunday tickets when/if you can. Usually there are some events outside of the convention center you could try. Or just keep an eye on this PAF thread. How can I help you celebrate your 21st if you aren't in Seattle too?

Bungie made a pretty big deal about it, and it was totally awesome, but no it probably wasn't on the same scale as this Halofest thing, heh.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
It's just gotten bigger and bigger each year. It's not like a steady climb in attendance, it's been a massive jump each year.

zumphry

Banned
Dani said:
Still can't believe Bungie exploited the Banshee on Paradiso against Team 1. Then removed it from MM because it was abusive.

LLShC.gif

2d0ysd2.jpg

ncsuDuncan said:
I guess I'll do that. It's just that Halo Fest goes on until late at night on Saturday, so I assume something crazy awesome is happening then.

I could always just walk around and take photos.

I just want to do something amazing for my 21st. :^)

Edit: Rest in peace, LakeyB.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I guess I'll do that. It's just that Halo Fest goes on until late at night on Saturday, so I assume something crazy awesome is happening then.

I could always just walk around and take photos.

I just want to do something amazing for my 21st. :^)
I think that was a typo in the initial press release, it's been corrected since:

WHEN:
Friday, August 26 10am-6pm
Saturday, August 27 10am-6pm
Sunday, August 28 10am-6pm​

I really only noticed because I thought it was weird HaloFest extended past the Show Floor times just that one day.

Of course, that doesn't mean 343/Bungie don't have anything planned after 6pm, just that it won't be happening at the Annex 3rd Floor...

ncsuDuncan said:
I think that was a typo in the initial press release, it's been corrected since:

WHEN:
Friday, August 26 10am-6pm
Saturday, August 27 10am-6pm
Sunday, August 28 10am-6pm​

I really only noticed because I thought it was weird HaloFest extended past the Show Floor times just that one day.

Of course, that doesn't mean 343/Bungie don't have anything planned after 6pm, just that it won't be happening at the Annex 3rd Floor...
Awesome! I don't feel so bad now. Oh you.

Tunavi said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH what happened??
This song has me laughing so hard right now

Edit: So it was EazyB all along?
forge-world-halo-reach-maps.jpg

Sorry if my Tribute to the Chopper in Reach is lacking... It seemed apt for the moment.

Kibbles

Sai-kun said:
we knew ye almost too well, minnie.

i'm in fucking tears. that is literally the best gif of all times.
And then I have Hitmonchan's video playing in the background as I'm watching it
KuGsj.gif
Love that gif.

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
gif needs the banshee saying "adapt lol" as it flies back

I got this message from the Optimatch Forum

Hopefully this guy is credible. He's a fabled legendary member if that means anything
Cartographers shouldn't be saying jack squat about what is discussed in the forum.

See ya, Eazy. Good to see you still have a knack for shitting up threads.
Sai-kun said:
No, his game analysis and stuff is fine, but his idiotic need to belittle other posters (no matter how funny it might've been) and act all tough basically fits the definition of shitposting.
Aye, his MO was to shit on other posters, make disagreements personal, insult newer members and generally be a dick at all times, even when agreeing with someone. Discourse took a noticeable nosedive when he was here before, and again when he came back. I often agreed with his points, but the delivery was just too tainted with vitriol.

I didn't dance on his grave when he got toasted last time around, but on the second go, I'll comment exactly once: good riddance.
Trasher said:
He actually generated much more interesting conversations than 95% of the other posters here. It was nice having that over the new waves of juniors just spamming posts to get their names in this thread. Just because he rubs you and some other people wrong doesn't mean he "shits up" the thread. I could easily argue how his posts actually make this thread interesting. I'm guessing it was you who tipped off the mods lol.
Lake Minnetonka said:
I've obviously upset you and for that I'm sincerely sorry. Had I know how sensitive you were I would have never mentioned how idiotic your opinion was.
'Nuff said.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
Cartographers shouldn't be saying jack squat about what is discussed in the forum.

See ya, Eazy. Good to see you still have a knack for shitting up threads.
He actually generated much more interesting conversations than 95% of the other posters here. It was nice having that over the new waves of juniors just spamming posts to get their names in this thread. Just because he rubs you and some other people wrong doesn't mean he "shits up" the thread. I could easily argue how his posts actually make this thread interesting. I'm guessing it was you who tipped off the mods lol.

Sai-kun

Banned
Trasher said:

No, his game analysis and stuff is fine, but his idiotic need to belittle other posters (no matter how funny it might've been) and act all tough basically fits the definition of shitposting.

Trasher said:
Someone sounds a little upset.

EZ sounds like Eddie.

Trasher said:
Not to mention all the amusement he brought forth. From "needing more Firefight in our lives" to ripping on Starwolf, it was all pretty hilarious.

Trasher

Barrow Roll said:
Not to mention all the amusement he brought forth. From "needing more Firefight in our lives" to ripping on Starwolf, it was all pretty hilarious.
Exactly. Most of these people on here need to chill out and laugh a little more in life I think. Don't take the internet too seriously. Especially on forums...

Booshka

I was confused at first, a Junior talking mad shit to people and acting like a regular. So, I quickly figured it was a new account of an older poster. It didn't really bother me though, it is a Community thread, so I'm not surprised when there is a bit of a pecking order and different personalities within the community. But, I guess it isn't great for newer posters in this thread to immediately get insulted and have backhanded compliments toward regulars all over the place.

Would you need to have all the maps to get into any kind of Community Tournament. I'd be interested in playing, but I don't want to buy all the maps to do it.

Barrow Roll said:

I think you people drastically overestimate how much I cared.

Lake built a house of cards and Trasher gets upset when it falls down. Defending him to the grave and pointing fingers where he can. Eazy shouldn't have been here, as everyone already knows. The sooner we can move on, the better.

Trasher said:
Think you're being a bit paranoid there.
Eazy had his chance, way more than most, to have his contribution/feedback/criticism and not wave his ego in people's faces. He wasted it. We don't have to be best friends but some level of decency & respect is all that's asked for.
Even in how you replied to Ghal, you've shown more decency than Eazy showed 90% of the time.

Amazing gif Zayne, seriously.

Wow. That gif wins.
Lake's posts got reactions, that's for sure. I doubt the mods needed to be tipped.

Booshka said:
Would you need to have all the maps to get into any kind of Community Tournament. I'd be interested in playing, but I don't want to buy all the maps to do it.
It's probably a safe assumption.

Nutter

Account Attempt #4 said:
Wow. That gif wins.
Lake's posts got reactions, that's for sure. I doubt the mods needed to be tipped.
Considering the mods do not enter Halo Threads.. ...

EazyB was going to get banned regardless. It was just a matter of time, however people need to put others on ignore if they are bothered that much. What if someone reported to the mods about how random shit gets in this thread right? Yeah that wouldnt be nice would it.

Also He DID voice what everyone is just afraid of saying (regarding the game)

80% of the people in this thread dont even fucking play the game. Sadly the louder opinions DO indeed come from folks who play this everyday and I dont give a fuck what Hydra says. Yes you do need to play the game more to realize things are broken.

and with that I am done.

feel

Ha, a little bit ago I crossed paths with a Minitonka randomly in a forest on Chaos & Order and was coming in here to make some sort of joke about it or to ask if it was him. What a twist.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Damn, they got him huh? That's a bummer. I wish he didn't post that stupid fuckin picture way back. :/

Yea but Shishka was terrible...So theres that.

About this whole contest thing. First off you need a really damn good prize, so someone better pony up some stinky wet cash or a system or something. Without it noone is going to care after awhile and people aren't going to show up and you just wont have the players motivation in it. Playing big contests is stupid and doesn't prove anything. 8v8's are fucking lame.

IGN said:
The more interesting aspect is the mobile phone functionality. Does it mean that you'll be able to quit your game at home and pick up where you left off on your cell phone? Or is it simply a separate mobile version of the title in the same universe?
I think this speculation is a wee bit overboard, to the point of stupidity. There's no way you could make a seamless transition from a AAA console game to a phone, no way. Good grief, IGN.

Also, Trident is an awesome map.

squidhands said:
Also, Trident is an awesome map.

This ^

All of you guys raving about BTB got me to try it. The forge maps are really fun. (except for Utopie, map is garbage)

So now I have two playlists that are bearable. Classic and BTB.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
minasodaboy said:
It feels good to be the only (and still the original) Prince in this thread again.
130px-Prince_logo.svg.png

That's your name as far as I'm concerned.
Tashi0106 said:
Damn, they got him huh? That's a bummer. I wish he didn't post that stupid fuckin picture way back. :/
Yep, I wake up and can't even purify myself anymore. It's a shame.

kylej

Banned
SomethingAwful would be glad to have you, Lake Minnetonka. Just saying.

PAX East is a goddamn madhouse so I can only imagine what the West Coast one is like. I spent the day choosing to either wait in line for 2 hours to play a game, or wait in line for 2 hours to see nerds speak about games. Not for me.

GhaleonEB

Heh. Trident is the only BTB Forge map I strongly dislike. Sniper's paradise. When you can snip the other team on their base from yours, there's a problem.

Edit: Glacier?! Gah!

Top Bottom