• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tawpgun

Hitmonchan107 said:
From my wave, I vote Tunavi. He's a cool dude.

Should this be an 8v8 tourny?

Anyone thats interested should be able to get online consistently, so that the tournament can actually happen. As for the actual Halo Community Sites Brawl, do it humpday style. Multiple games, make teams.

To make it easier just group people together based on neogaf age I suppose. Each age group would have their own tournament. Winners play in master tournament.

I don't know, but this idea of the Halo Community Brawl is fantastic. Great way to celebrate 10 years of Halo.

A27_StarWolf said:
I think we should hold some sort of tournament here at GAF to see who we send. Otherwise, that is not fair. I don't even care if I get to participate or not, I just know it is the most fair way to do this.
You don't need to convince us that you don't care if you get to participate. If any contest of skill was held there's not a damn chance you'd succeed.

ncsuDuncan said:
I got an overkill yesterday
against scrubs
, can I do a 1v1 against StarWolf to prove I'm good?

just kidding StarWolf :p
Beating Starwolf is no demonstration of skill. It only illuminates how bad Starwolf is at playing Halo.

Lake Minnetonka said:
You don't need to convince us that you don't care if you get to participate. If any contest of skill was held there's not a damn chance you'd succeed.

Beating Starwolf is no demonstration of skill. It only illuminates how bad Starwolf is at playing Halo.

Lol if you lose you are going to look so bad.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Anyone thats interested should be able to get online consistently, so that the tournament can actually happen. As for the actual Halo Community Sites Brawl, do it humpday style. Multiple games, make teams.

To make it easier just group people together based on neogaf age I suppose. Each age group would have their own tournament. Winners play in master tournament.

I don't know, but this idea of the Halo Community Brawl is fantastic. Great way to celebrate 10 years of Halo.
I definitely had the humpday-style of tournament play in mind. Three games. I was thinking that the losing team would choose the next match. Is that how it works in the humpday? It's been a little while.

If you guys want to have multiple mini-tournaments to decide who gets to be in the main tournament, go ahead.

I want to have the details, teams and brackets pinned down by Friday.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
That's true. You're definitely in the top group of HaloGAF players.
The same to you, no doubt about that Mr. MLG.
xxjuicesxx said:
Ken (Choco) and Plywood (Xenolock) are the two good players from that Junior wave. AKORPAH was real good too but he stopped posting here it seems.
Juices can definitely vouch for me cause we've played a nice bit together.

Lazslo

A27_StarWolf said:
Bungie's next game to have mobile functionality? To be called "Crimson?"

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1167695p1.html
That's pretty awesome about the phone integration. I actually just got around to reading the Weekly Update and with Bungie not being at this Summer's E3- We probably won't find out anything about the Next Big Thing untill Winter or Summer 2012 with a release date of 2013/2014 (just guessing) It was nice in the good ole' days when you could guess the dates of Bungie's reveals and releases by going off the pattern set by Halo 2/3 but I guess that all goes out the window with a whole new evil Publisher and Game- possibly even Genre.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I want to have the details, teams and brackets pinned down by Friday.

What about Saturday, after customs? I guess we could get a quick GAF tourney in earlier if need be...
I actually think I might be good enough to make it. Made the semi-finals in the PAX East tourney (big deal compared to that MLG noob stuff, I know). :p

ncsuDuncan said:
What about Saturday, after customs? I guess we could get a quick GAF tourney in earlier if need be...
I actually think I might be good enough to make it. Made the semi-finals in the PAX East tourney (big deal compared to that MLG noob stuff, I know). :p
I want to be able to tell each fan site what they need to know as soon as possible.

If they're anything like HaloGAF, they'll need to duke it out in advance. :^)

Ultimately, I want this to be fun. I know it'll end up being an ultra-competitive throwdown, but as long as everyone enjoys themselves, I don't mind.

Lazslo said:
That's pretty awesome about the phone integration. I actually just got around to reading the Weekly Update and with Bungie not being at this Summer's E3- We probably won't find out anything about the Next Big Thing untill Winter or Summer 2012 with a release date of 2013/2014 (just guessing) It was nice in the good ole' days when you could guess the dates of Bungie's reveals and releases by going off the pattern set by Halo 2/3 but I guess that all goes out the window with a whole new evil Publisher and Game- possibly even Genre.

Thank you for noticing my post :p.

I think the idea of phone integration is actually really intense.

So the idea about having more than one Gaf team.

I think this would be an amazing "Our Generation" team:

Tawpgun
Starwolf
Tunavi
Hitmonchan
Duncan
Lake ( yes even lake ;) )
Karl
and anyone else.

The idea of multiple teams actually sounds like a much better solution than just one team from each.

Maybe limit each community to a maximum of 3 teams of 8.

Trasher

A27_StarWolf said:
Thank you for noticing my post :p.

I think the idea of phone integration is actually really intense.

Tawpgun
Starwolf
Tunavi
Hitmonchan
Duncan
Karl
and anyone else.

The idea of multiple teams actually sounds like a much better solution than just one team from each.

Maybe limit each community to a maximum of 3 teams of 8.
lol

Have fun with that team, LakeyB!

Trasher

A27_StarWolf said:
Everyone deserves a chance to have fun.

Anyone that wants a chance to play should get one.
Yeah I was thinking that us dudes on Team 2 would actually give him a chance. I feel bad for him sometimes.

If I remember correctly I was the only negative member of team 2 lol. *feels shame*
Edit:
Also is it just me or does it seem like with every new wave of juniors they try to get some sort of community match going so they can represent the community they just joined?

Tawpgun

Captain Blood said:
If I remember correctly I was the only negative member of team 2 lol. *feels shame*
Also is it just me or does it seem like with every new wave of juniors they try to get some sort of community match going so they can represent the community they just joined?

It's good to be proud to be a part of something. Some of us have lurked for months, years even, as simply spectators to the good times. I guess we just want to be a part of something great too.

Besides, the entire aspect of a huge community brawl is literally the greatest thing ever. We give communities like a 1-2 month period to pick their teams. Then the Halo Community Olympics begin, for lack of a better title.

It's like the ultimate celebration for the 10 year anniversary. It's a huge undertaking to organize something like this, but if Bungie/343 could get behind it, and we could rally some more communities, it could be the greatest event any game has ever known.

Perhaps its a stretch, and I'm dreaming too high, but the idea has been planted in me, and I want to see it happen. BRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's good to be proud to be a part of something. Some of us have lurked for months, years even, as simply spectators to the good times. I guess we just want to be a part of something great too.

Besides, the entire aspect of a huge community brawl is literally the greatest thing ever. We give communities like a 1-2 month period to pick their teams. Then the Halo Community Olympics begin, for lack of a better title.

It's like the ultimate celebration for the 10 year anniversary. It's a huge undertaking to organize something like this, but if Bungie/343 could get behind it, and we could rally some more communities, it could be the greatest event any game has ever known.

Perhaps its a stretch, and I'm dreaming too high, but the idea has been planted in me, and I want to see it happen. BRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

"they say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one"

Tashi0106 said:
The more I read about this tournament and community challenge, the less I wanna play.
Lol right? I feel like this happens every single way but doesn't seem to materialize. I would be willing to bet 1 trillion Halo Reach Cr!!!! That is enough for someone to level up right?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Captain Blood said:
Edit:
Replace Blood with me, *boom* problem solved.

:p

Lazslo

Damnnnnn Juniors are badass these days. When I was a Junior/Laszlo-cub- all I got were "shut up's" and "Go back to B.Net". I like the whole comradery/Team "generation" thang.
All fo' one, one fo all.

Lazslo said:
Damnnnnn Juniors are badass these days. When I was a Junior/Laszlo-cub- all I got were "shut up's" and "Go back to B.Net". I like the whole comradery/Team "generation" thang.
All fo' one, one fo all.

We are like the rat pack, except with guns and spartan armor.

Lazslo said:
All fo' one, one fo all.
It is rather nice to see indeed. How many waves have there been in the last few years I wonder... But yeah, prominent 'positive' characters are always nice to have around.

Nutter

Is it time to point fingers and say i'm better than you yet?

BTW Team 2 will probably need to replace that 0-15 guy in our roster.

aTman

Neo Member
I know none of you know me and I don't actually participate over here, but a friend of mine that I'm pretty sure a few of you have played with at least once wanted me to link to a couple of his clips, so yeah. :>

Link, link, link, and link.

if i havent played this game since february, what is the best BWU to read to see what has changed with the game? or have there been no significant changes?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nutter said:
Is it time to point fingers and say i'm better than you yet?

BTW Team 2 will probably need to replace that 0-15 guy in our roster.
7iEas.gif

Narpas Sword0 said:
if i havent played this game since february, what is the best BWU to read to see what has changed with the game? or have there been no significant changes?
vvvv
Narpas Sword0 said:
have there been no significant changes?
vvvv
there have been no significant changes

Some extra playlist hoppers/forge maps and a new map pack. No TU.

Hey You

Narpas Sword0 said:
We've gotten Playlist updates pretty much every month, the last few have been substantial.

A good place to see the update change lists is the optimatch, more specifically check out this thread and the threads linked at the bottom.

Karl2177

A27_StarWolf said:

Tawpgun
Starwolf
Tunavi
Hitmonchan
Duncan
Karl
and anyone else.
I haven't played in almost 2 weeks. I'd probably be the worst here.

Something strange happened a few minutes ago. I played with nscuDuncan Big Team Battle on Abridged. After 5minutes I got a Black screen and then I was the only one in the game and it ended. I got Credits for the game and the jackpot.

@Duncan GG. I don't know why I was so bad today. I blame Halo 2.(Because I'm playing it right now.)

Hypertrooper said:
Something strange happened a few minutes ago. I played with nscuDuncan Big Team Battle on Abridged. After 5minutes I got a Black screen and then I was the only one in the game and it ended. I got Credits for the game and the jackpot.

@Duncan GG. I don't know why I was so bad today. I blame Halo 2.(Because I'm playing it right now.)

Yeah, that was weird. And switching between Halo 2 and Reach can throw anyone off. :)

Trueskill™ (Me and Hypertrooper donging on Bad Kids in Double Team.)
Running Riot :)

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
Really? My money should come in tomorrow. FML.

Yea, there's no official statement on their website or forums, but if you go to registration, it and the 3 days show as sold out. :(

I'd still go for the Friday and Sunday if I were ye. Seattle outta keep ye busy for a day, right? Gaf breakfast happening again this year?

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
I'd still go for the Friday and Sunday if I were ye. Seattle outta keep ye busy for a day, right? Gaf breakfast happening again this year?

Considering my plans, this could really throw a wrench into them if I have to sit out an entire day, lol. It's weird, I don't think I ordered my 3 day pass in 08 until like a few weeks before the actual show, I remember picking them up at Will call so I know I ordered really late...

Ramirez

Also, Hitmon, what do you mean your money is coming in tomorrow? The only possible way to purchase them that I see is a credit card, am I missing something? :p

Edit: There are a couple guys on Ebay selling 3 days for 200 bucks if you're desperate, heh.

Ramirez said:
Considering my plans, this could really throw a wrench into them if I have to sit out an entire day, lol. It's weird, I don't think I ordered my 3 day pass in 08 until like a few weeks before the actual show, I remember picking them up at Will call so I know I ordered really late...
Yeah, 3 months in advance is kinda crazy early for it to be selling out...

Ramirez said:
Also, Hitmon, what do you mean your money is coming in tomorrow? The only possible way to purchase them that I see is a credit card, am I missing something? :p
Financial aid money. lol

I messed up my time sheets for my campus job, so I didn't get paid last week.

So I was hoping that nothing would sell out until tomorrow.

Top Bottom