• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Hey You

Question @ Community Cartographers. Are you guys taking Gametype submissions or just Gametype/Map Combo Submissions?

I want to re-create some of H3's Action Sack gametypes for consideration for Reach's AS for use on Default maps.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Nutter said:
Yes, I have had my box freeze when viewing the stats on waypoint.

That issue should be fixed in the very near future. Should only be happening when comparing stats with a friend.

Hey You

lybertyboy said:
That issue should be fixed in the very near future. Should only be happening when comparing stats with a friend.
Yeah, I had that problem too.

I was getting alot of "Waypoint servers unavailable messages" as well.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I just downloaded the new Halo Waypoint update. After browsing through the new stat pages, I tried to back out to the dashboard, but my Xbox froze on a black screen where you can barely see the Halo Waypoint title text.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Other than that, fantastic update, guys.

I had that exact problem. It was been I tried to back out to the dashboard.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
randomlyrossy said:
See I just can't think like that, there's still plenty of fun to be had for either side. I don't see the point in taking the fun out of the rest of the game for the other team just cause they were unlucky enough to have teammates who quit or had shit internet.
Yea there is. And when I'm in the mood to fuck around I'll shoot rockets across the map or just try to no scope or something. Most of my fun comes from intense 4v4 matches. The more times that happens the better time I have.

Crucio

lybertyboy said:

Thats good to hear.
Do the friend stats only appear for those who have updated Waypoint?

Detox

When the spawn camping along with complete control of the entire map begins I really think there should be a surrender button like Starcraft just good game, I can't handle this bye with no ban penalty.

Wonder what happened to that idea they had for Halo 3 discussed in one of the BWU where if a team was down to one or two guys the score would be reduced to first to 25 or something similar.

Kujo

Once I won a 1(me)v4 slayer game, true story

They should increase your overshield every time a person on your team quits

Tunavi

Banned
I was playing in the Arena tonight with a horrible team. Well one guy on the other team was going for a perfection at 17 kills.

MBqTfl.jpg
YWMTdl.jpg
ZAYCMl.jpg

NOPE!

He ended up with only that one death. Felt good.

Tunavi said:
I was playing in the Arena tonight with a horrible team. Well one guy on the other team was going for a perfection at 17 kills.

http://i.imgur.com/MBqTfl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YWMTdl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZAYCMl.jpg[IMG]

NOPE!

He ended up with only that [URL="http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=575267170&player=Tunavi"]one death.[/URL] Felt good.[/QUOTE]

Haha. I can imagine him throwing the controller against the wall.

Looks awesome. So Machinima will be showing the Halo fan filmes. I don't know why HaloWaypoint don't take the publish rights. Okay. The most people are stupid enough and would think that these fan-films are real-Halo films.

Tunavi said:
NOPE!

He ended up with only that one death. Felt good.

Ha ha, nice one. Always the first priority if you suspect someone's on a perfection, can't let it happen.

How hards Exodus on LASO? Its worth a big 15K might be worth it. Still I wish it would have been a WEEKLY challenge. One you grind for. I don't know if I'll make it back to Reach this week.

xxjuicesxx said:
How hards Exodus on LASO? Its worth a big 15K might be worth it. Still I wish it would have been a WEEKLY challenge. One you grind for. I don't know if I'll make it back to Reach this week.

I think this would be an easier one: There are no elites and at the last part, you can skip most of the battles if you make good use of the Jetpack.

The only part that I think will be difficult is the part before you enter the falcon, with the 2 brute chieftans and the 2 anti air turrets.

Karl2177

Tha Robbertster said:
I think this would be an easier one: There are no elites and at the last part, you can skip most of the battles if you make good use of the Jetpack.

The only part that I think will be difficult is the part before you enter the falcon, with the 2 brute chieftans and the 2 anti air turrets.
If you can headshot the grunts in the turret, they explode. Just jetpack up to the ridge and sneak past the enemies, and pop the grunts. Then all you have to worry about is the 2 chieftains. I think one of them is actually a captain, too.

Karl2177 said:
If you can headshot the grunts in the turret, they explode. Just jetpack up to the ridge and sneak past the enemies, and pop the grunts. Then all you have to worry about is the 2 chieftains. I think one of them is actually a captain, too.

That's right, but I have bad memories form my legendary playtrough. Those Fuel Rod chieftains are really, really, really anoying and their bottemless clips won't help either.

GhaleonEB

Tha Robbertster said:
That's right, but I have bad memories form my legendary playtrough. Those Fuel Rod chieftains are really, really, really anoying and their bottemless clips won't help either.
Right before the first Chieftain, there's a sniper rifle on a high ledge. And right before the second, there are a pack of FRG Grunts. You get the right tools to toast them with.

I think it's been a month since we had a multiplayer or firefight challenge. Sigh

I think I'll spent most of my box time playing gears 3 beta.

Hopefully Jeremiah/Urk dish out some May matchmaking news this week.

GhaleonEB said:
Right before the first Chieftain, there's a sniper rifle on a high ledge. And right before the second, there are a pack of FRG Grunts. You get the right tools to toast them with.

But the problem with the sniper is: It's a human weapon. It isn't such a big deal with the normal brutes but the chieftains have shields and I don't think the sniper will do that much damage on them...

Tha Robbertster said:
But the problem with the sniper is: It's a human weapon. It isn't such a big deal with the normal brutes but the chieftains have shields and I don't think the sniper will do that much damage on them...
You should be able to bypass the Chieftans with the camo AA. Just jump up the ledges that are immediately below the final switch and you should be good to go.

...and read this.

squidhands said:
You should be able to bypass the Chieftans with the camo AA. Just jump up the ledges that are immediately below the final switch and you should be good to go.

...and read this.

Nevermind guys, just watched Tyrant's mythic guide: Apperently, it's possible to skip those parts/make them a lot easier.
Well, most of my worries are gone again. Thanks for the tips guys.

If anybody wants to do the challange in about 30 minutes, send a message to Robbert014.

neclas

Mojo said:
Dammit, another LASO. I hope they don't repeat these in the future. More MP and FF weeklys plz
They have a LASO every other week and are just working through the missions in order. They will probably take a break from them for a while once they go through all of the missions.

The part where you make a huge leap over a chasm with the jetpack to sneak up on the brute for a backsmack is kicking my ass right now. The mission so far has been pretty easy by mythic standards.

Crucio

I've been thinking. What if they do a Lone Wolf LASO challenge with parameters like this: "Lone Wolf LASO: Survive for X minutes." Probably would be really hard but a good challenge.

I don't expect too much resistance in Exodus LASO. Brutes are easy prey.

You cant really call what Gears has Bloom, its nowhere near as bad as the Halo bloom. Unless im missing something (I haven't touched the beta).

I havent had the desire to touch Reach MP in a long time, bloom is so bad its killed even the classic playlist for me lol
:(

bobs99 ... said:
You cant really call what Gears has Bloom, its nowhere near as bad as the Halo bloom. Unless im missing something (I haven't touched the beta).

I havent had the desire to touch Reach MP in a long time, bloom is so bad its killed even the classic playlist for me lol
Gears 3 Beta has visible reticule bloom. I was being facetious anyways. The two are not really comparable.

I suddenly have the urge to play on Highland and on Condemned again. I really can't understand why there are so low numbers in the Defiant Playlist. Highland is so awesome <3

Edit.: I'm fu**ing happy that I like Gears MP and love the Halo MP. Damn. I can not wait for the Gears 3 release. And I'm hoping that Microsoft will be announcing a expansion pack for Halo: Reach with a new SP-campaign, new firefight maps and new MP maps. This year would be awesome if that happens.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:

It's there, your spread just gradually increases though. It's most noticeable on the Retro lancer.

I'll stop with the Gears talk now though.

Alienshogun said:
It's there, your spread just gradually increases though. It's most noticeable on the Retro lancer.

I'll stop with the Gears talk now though.

Yeah its a gradual increase on automatic weapons, which should always have spread that increases as you hold down the trigger.

Hypertrooper said:
I suddenly have the urge to play on Highland and on Condemned again. I really can't understand why there are so low numbers in the Defiant Playlist. Highland is so awesome <3

Edit.: I'm fu**ing happy that I like Gears MP and love the Halo MP. Damn. I can not wait for the Gears 3 release. And I'm hoping that Microsoft will be announcing a expansion pack for Halo: Reach with a new SP-campaign, new firefight maps and new MP maps. This year would be awesome if that happens.

I bought the maps. I have played like...3 games on them?

The state of Reach has left me so jaded about Halo in general. I love the universe dearly, but Reach is just...not right. It makes Sik :(

Steelyuhas said:
Yeah its a gradual increase on automatic weapons, which should always have spread that increases as you hold down the trigger.

Thats always existed in Gears, and its always existed for the automatic weapons on Halo, which makes total sense. Bloom on Precision weapons is aweful though.

Im pretty sure the Gears pistol has always had bloom, but that game has been less about precision weapon play which is why I have preferred Halo to gears in the past.

Sikamikanico said:

The state of Reach has left me so jaded about Halo in general. I love the universe dearly, but Reach is just...not right. It makes Sik :(
I love the Reach campaign in terms of level design. I love Firefight(It's the best "Survival" gametype in this generation). I don't love the matchmaking. I like it. But I'm always playing alone.(The most people from my friend list, who are playing Reach, are from HaloGAF and Americans, too.) And that sucks. And my heart really wants to play Highland. It was so fun, when I played with Sai--Kun and Heckfu. And I really can't wait for the first 343i game! (I'm already hyped for it)

Ramirez

Hypertrooper said:

Good lord, no.

I know it's a fan project, but man I was literally loling at the armor on the marines. Where are they finding these 40 year old men to dress up in those?

Hey You

Sikamikanico said:

That's weird. Most of the games I play I get atleast 1 DLC map show up.

Top Bottom