• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

ChrisD84

I got my first (i think) ever Rampage tonight and definately my first ever Perfection :D

I know there were 2 guests on the other team, but for me that is still quite an achievement!

Unfortunately the other team all quit before the end of the game, so i guess i'll never know if i would have made it to the end without dying :p

I'd love to make customs tonight. Would anyone object if my bro, Zalinkrow (who some of you may have played with before), were to join us as well?

O D I N

I'll check back for customs later. I have the evening off (work in the morning), but so does the wife. We'll see if she let's me play. >.>

Lazslo

I'll be on for Customs tonight at 8pm (1 Hour from now) I'll host some games if enough people are on and if Dani's to busy playing the Gears Beta. If your remotely interested in customs and a Friend Request to me- Laszio- and be on at 8.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Lazslo said:
I'll be on for Customs tonight at 8pm (1 Hour from now) I'll host some games if enough people are on and if Dani's to busy playing the Gears Beta. If your remotely interested in customs and a Friend Request to me- Laszio- and be on at 8.

Don't be presumptuous.

And why exactly would I be busy playing the Gears beta?

Customs are still on as usual. Whether folks show up is another thing but don't imagine I won't be there unless I state otherwise. =)

Tunavi

Banned
Dani said:
Don't be presumptuous
Dfvl6.jpg4

GhaleonEB

Random Firefight post. Just to comment on the maps; I think one of the (few) things holding Firefight back a bit is the lack of superb maps crafted for it. But there are enough good ones to get by on. I'd pay mad monies for a few more, though.

Onyx: Beachhead. Could play it forever.

Gold: Corvette, Courtyard. Fun and intense, though the maps are simple to control.

Silver: Outpost, Overlook

Bronze: Holdout, Unearthed. A lot of this is aesthetics: rusty brown boxes and a dozen stair cases. And the drop ships carpet bomb the map for a minute at a time, which can be very frustrating. And a map that is bursting with potential and which blows it at every turn. I like Unearthed less every time I play it, and have taken to vetoing it.

Iron: Waterfront, Glacier.

The frame rate issues on Glacier and the 30+ crates plopped all over the base kill it for me, it's the one map I strongly dislike. Waterfront is just too chunky and difficult to navigate.

The core gameplay is so good that it transcends map issues. But I'd still pay mad monies for a couple new FF maps.

Edit: demoted Unearthed a notch.

neclas

GhaleonEB said:
But I'd still pay mad monies for a couple new FF maps.
Mad Space Allards.

Personally, I would love to see the Sabre battle from LNoS turned into a FF map. Yes, I am aware that not all FF gametypes would work on it (how would you lock a generator, for example?) and you probably wouldn't want it in the FF Limited playlist. But other than those two considerations, I think it was one of the best parts of Reach and would work well for fighting waves upon waves of badies.

Sorry me and my bro bailed on customs. I guess I was hoping for some less serious matches. Those games, as good as they were, were not what I needed at this hour :/

MrBig

Hydranockz said:
Sorry me and my bro bailed on customs. I guess I was hoping for some less serious matches. Those games, as good as they were, were not what I needed at this hour :/
I got da good stuff now

Wizman23

Banned
Watch out guys. I hear Shogun is reading through the Reach beta thread compiling a list of all the people who used the expert zone zone trick to grant access. Bungie employees have been called into work this Saturday to fix the problem. A statue of Shogun is currently being erected in front of Epic games and bungie studios.

Wizman23 said:
Watch out guys. I hear Shogun is reading through the Reach beta thread compiling a list of all the people who used the expert zone zone trick to grant access. Bungie employees have been called into work this Saturday to fix the problem. A statue of Shogun is currently being erected in front of Epic games and bungie studios.
:lol

GhaleonEB said:
I like Unearthed less every time I play it, and have taken to vetoing it.
You just sank my battleship.

Although maybe less since I still haven't played it yet :(

Edit: My favorites are Overlook and Holdout, with Glacier of course being on the bottom of the list for pure performance reasons.

Ramirez

Trasher said:
I've never heard you say that one before. >_>

Is this the Reach beta thread again?

I actually read on here today that the dedicated servers aren't even up yet, so major props to them, I sure couldn't tell a difference last night.

What was your point again?

And yea, I had to put Shogun on ignore, that guy is certifiably insane.

Havok

NullPointer said:
You just sank my battleship.

Although maybe less since I still haven't played it yet :(

Edit: My favorites are Overlook and Holdout, with Glacier of course being on the bottom of the list for pure performance reasons.
what

GhaleonEB

Just had a rather crazy Last Man Standing episode, which ran for seven minutes. I've never had hands this sweaty before playing a Halo game. :lol

Gonna do an old school picture post to set it up.

We're on Beachhead, and I'm paired with two unusually poor players. At the end of the third wave of the first round, we get the Elite Ultras dropping in, right as it triggers over to the new wave.

I'm on my way back toward the base area after taking down a Wraith at the end of the third wave, and I see the Ultras rocking the two guys I'm with. I know we're out of spare lives, and in the background I see another Wraith about to be dropped off.

reach_16626610_Full.jpg

Since the round is starting I have to prioritize: the Wraith getting dropped off under the bridge, or the Ultras? I opt for the Wraith, under the theory that it's a lot easier to focus on Elites when I'm not also getting shelled from afar. Halfway to the Wraith, Last Man Standing is announced.

I get to the Wraith just barely in time to take it down right as it is dropped off. As I board it, I don't see any of the heavy hitters coming my way.

reach_16626588_Full.jpg

The Wraith then turns, so I can't see in the direction the Ultras were in. After I take down the Wraith, there's this hellstorm of plasma coming in from behind me. I assume it's some of the Ultras. I do a quick pivot to fire off an overcharge, but I can't even tell if it hit anything - it's just chaos behind me. All I can tell is, some of the Ultras are on my tail. Probably all of them.

reach_16626612_Full.jpg

I run like hell. And keep running, for a very long time.

Going back into theater after it was all over, this is what was on my tail:

reach_16625677_Full.jpg

reach_16625695_Full.jpg

The four Elite Ultras, two gold Elites from the previous wave, and a Brute Captain. In hindsight, I'm glad I had no idea. I probably would have panicked and choked. :lol

Seven minutes and two and a half full laps around the entire perimeter of Beachhead later, I've cleaned up the wave. I rendered the entire thing more for my personal archive, but here's the whole thing if anyone is interested. I've never had a game have me as intense as I was when I dropped the last Elite.

PNut

Banned
One of yesterday's challenges was titled "L.D. Winter". A Campaign challenge on Legendary difficulty with a few skulls activated. What's the "L.D." in reference to? Legendary Difficulty? Or am I missing some hiding meaning?

KevinRo

I wish there was a way to access the Reach API without having to pay for the freaking BungiePro subscription EVERY YEAR. smh

I tried out the new HaloWaypoint Update. And I like what I saw. First the Stats are awesome! You can check out everything. The last games etc. I hoped Reach would have sth. like that. But it didn't happen :/ I still have no clue what the Halo GS should be. You can earn points. But it isn't really motivating for me. (Maybe I don't like the system, because the Halo Wars achievements counts for them, too.)

My portion of customs was fun last night, thanks guys.
Tunavi continued to rule the roost, but I actually ended up feeling really good about myself.
Felt I did really well for someone who doesn't get to play this game for any amount of time any more.
Might have actually been the first frenzy I've gotten in a competitive game in Reach.

Anyway, fun times

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I actually read on here today that the dedicated servers aren't even up yet, so major props to them, I sure couldn't tell a difference last night.

What was your point again?

And yea, I had to put Shogun on ignore, that guy is certifiably insane.
Oh, I just remember you saying something very similar when the Reach beta came out haha. Dedicated servers though? Nice.

Hypertrooper said:
I tried out the new HaloWaypoint Update. And I like what I saw. First the Stats are awesome! You can check out everything. The last games etc. I hoped Reach would have sth. like that. But it didn't happen :/ I still have no clue what the Halo GS should be. You can earn points. But it isn't really motivating for me. (Maybe I don't like the system, because the Halo Wars achievements counts for them, too.)
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. I checked it out for the first time yesterday, too, after I got back home. Really neat.

GhaleonEB said:
Seven minutes and two and a half full laps around the entire perimeter of Beachhead later, I've cleaned up the wave. I rendered the entire thing more for my personal archive, but here's the whole thing if anyone is interested. I've never had a game have me as intense as I was when I dropped the last Elite.

Ha the Queens English for blained is 'neuron network has been neutralised'. I've only heard Emile's ff voice because the draw of being Marlo Stanfield for a game is too much.

You've got a lot of patience man, I would have challenged those Elite's or that ghost earlier... but then again I haven't got a hero medal :)

I checked the Waypoint forum a few minutes ago and I found something:
This
A whole playlist with songs that weren't on the Reach O.S.T. and some awesome mixes. Good stuff.

I don't know how old the playlist is, so one of you guys posted this already.

Crucio

This is really cool! I must give my appreciation to whoever ripped those!
Hypertrooper said:
I checked the Waypoint forum a few minutes ago and I found something:
This
A whole playlist with songs that weren't on the Reach O.S.T. and some awesome mixes. Good stuff.

I don't know how old the playlist is, so one of you guys posted this already.
Ghaleon! That's some pretty intense stuff going on there! Beachhead makes for great Limited games. I think you made the right descision destroying the tank! Even if you'd have boarded it that plasma launcher wouldve got you.

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:

I was almost certain you were done for when that Elite with the plasma launcher showed up. Nicely done.

(totally agrees with Dax about "Run, Ghaleon, RUN!" Intense stuff)

Top Bottom