• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Yo theres like amazing March Madness and the Sabres game and MLG broadcast going on. Whatchu all doing in customs?
Mets are 2-2 in the bottom of the 7th. That's what I'm watching. MLG after. I like to play MLG while I watch it.

I just got back from an amazing beach adventure, and I'm tired as all get out. If customs are still going in a few hours, I'll be on then.

Also, I can't believe it took you guys so long to get the Deep Blue chess reference, especially this soon after the Watson fiasco/miracle (depending on who/what you were rooting for).

Devin Olsen said:
Perhaps I missed this being posted earlier... And I am not even sure if this is real...

Alternative Ending for Reach
YouTube

Edit: Apparently fake, likely an April fools joke?
First, that does seem ridiculously fake.

But the thing that pisses me off is the uploader just posted this an hour ago:

McCallahanIndustries said:
Oh yeah guys, you can't die. If you die once, the code won't work.
April Fools' jokes shouldn't continue past April 1.

Switching back and forth between the ARK III SSF4/MvC3 stream and the MLG stream while poking my head up from time to time to check out the Final Four action. Thank goodness my Yankees already played so there's one less thing for me to worry about.

Tashi0106 said:
Mets are 2-2 in the bottom of the 7th. That's what I'm watching. MLG after. I like to play MLG while I watch it.
No way a Mets fan! I don't even follow baseball anymore, but I used to be a huge Mets fan. They always disappoint in the playoffs, if they even make them. I had a blue Mets starter jacket when I was in middle school. Was so proud of it. When they came out with their black jerseys I totally bought a hat.
new-york-mets-road-black-royal-brim-pinch-hitter-adjustable-hat-3110097.jpg

And I went to a Mets game in St. Louis and met Masato Yoshii back in the day. Todd Hundley crushed a home run into the upper-deck and I was the only one that stood up and cheered lol. I have Howard Johnson's rookie card, loved Darryl Strawberry and Doc Gooden. OMG And then I remember when they had John Olerud, such a beast. Edgardo Alfonso and Robin Ventura. Oh man the memories... Anyway, sorry. I kind of jizzed my pants for a minute there. Back to Halo *cough cough*

Recarpo

xxjuicesxx said:
Holy crap I take that back, Reach can be exciting to watch, did anyone just see the ending to that last game?!

Just got back from going out to dinner to see the end of that game. That was amazing.

Striker

Alienshogun said:
2 things I don't like about it.

Needle rifle dominates and a single grenade can kill you at full shield and full health. That isn't classic.
It's classic in a sense to Halo 1, moreso than Halo 2.

Halo 1 grenades were mighty powerful and remain similar in power to Halo Reach's set. The Needle Rifle is the closest weapon to a classic weapon, because the bloom resets the fastest and you can pull off the quickest kills. Some people, for some stupid reason, dislike using the NR in favor of the DMR because of how it looks and sounds when shooting.

xxjuicesxx said:
Holy crap I take that back, Reach can be exciting to watch, did anyone just see the ending to that last game?!

For anyone who cant get on Mlg's stream : http://www.justin.tv/sc2mlgdallas2011?#/w/1037103952

Much more exciting than I ever thought it would be. Sprint adds such an interesting dynamic to the game in terms of pacing, team shooting and map control. Also the strategic use of both the jetpack and evade AA's has been very interesting to watch. I don't there's any question about Reach's competitive viability based on what I've seen so far this weekend.

Recarpo

Tashi0106 said:
WTF Stream isn't working for me at all.

edit:OK, now it is.

They've been having issues the entire event with it popping on and off. They're supposedly still looking into it.

MrBig

I present to all you lowly folks that could not join us...

reach_16071349_Full.jpg

NASCAR

This shot can not even come close to describing how amazing it is.

Put this shit in Action Sack.

Merguson

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Perhaps I missed this being posted earlier... And I am not even sure if this is real...

Alternative Ending for Reach
YouTube

Edit: Apparently fake, likely an April fools joke?

People has obviously mentioned it has been fake but anyone notice one of the rules is not to pick up any dead marine weapons in the MAC room but yet in the video an AR is picked up near a dead marine?

Hey everybody!

Lingitiz said:
Sorry late response. I meant Hydra is not great.

MEET ME SOMEWHERE!!!?!?!

Sorry I missed customs, playing some MM with my bro when not playing pro keys on Rock Band 3 :p

Link to NASAR?

I love, love, love NASCAR, but just shorten it by one round and it'll be perfection.

inb4itslongforareason
That's what she said.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I love, love, love NASCAR, but just shorten it by one round and it'll be perfection.

inb4itslongforareason
That's what she said.

I wonder if that game type would work with other vehicles.

Nascar on Speed is great for a while until everyone you play with memorizes the timing and you dont live past 60 seconds. But until then its a blast to play.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Striker said:
It's classic in a sense to Halo 1, moreso than Halo 2.

Halo 1 grenades were mighty powerful and remain similar in power to Halo Reach's set. The Needle Rifle is the closest weapon to a classic weapon, because the bloom resets the fastest and you can pull off the quickest kills. Some people, for some stupid reason, dislike using the NR in favor of the DMR because of how it looks and sounds when shooting.

Isn't the DMR still the quickest kill in vanilla?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
xxjuicesxx said:
Carmina Burana O Fortuna?
Lol I've always wondered the name of this song. Thanks. Also, this song is actually very similar. I'll PM you the name.

Bread

Banned
BTB is such a joke, I just went 35-0 on bro slayer on Hemorrhage, and I went 46-3 earlier today on Paradiso. Why do all the scrubs gravitate towards btb?

CortanaV

Neo Member
Bread said:
BTB is such a joke, I just went 35-0 on bro slayer on Hemorrhage, and I went 46-3 earlier today on Paradiso. Why do all the scrubs gravitate towards btb?
When it comes to scrubs, the whole idea of "group cohesiveness" turns counterproductive.

Oh, was that a rhetorical question?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The Hill in Space on Zealot in Doubles.

Fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Louis Wu

Deputy Moonman said:
No way a Mets fan! I don't even follow baseball anymore, but I used to be a huge Mets fan. They always disappoint in the playoffs, if they even make them.
The Mets are responsible for my giving up on the Red Sox. (Yeah, I know, now they're great. I gave up on them in 1986, when the Mets were HANDED a World Series win by Bill Buckner.)

Yeah, I'm old. Shut up.

Top Bottom