• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Veelk

Banned
I'm having trouble using the bungie website. When I go to it, it reloads using windows live a bunch of times before eventually settling on this.

http://i56.tinypic.com/6ykumv.jpg

I assumed it was a problem with the site, but no one else seems to be having difficulties with it.

GhaleonEB

Generic said:
I'm having trouble using the bungie website. When I go to it, it reloads using windows live a bunch of times before eventually settling on this.

http://i56.tinypic.com/6ykumv.jpg

I assumed it was a problem with the site, but no one else seems to be having difficulties with it.
I have that problem every now and then. Go to xbox.com and sign out, then come back to b.net. If that doesn't work delete the Live ID cookie.

(Also, go make taffy. Mmmm. [/plug)

I end the day 22/24 on the weekly Challenge. Should be easy enough to knock off a couple in the morning. That heaping pile of credits is all of 2% of the way to the next rank, but it was fun working up to them.
Hydranockz said:
Does that include the credits earned from each challenge itself along the way to the weekly?
Nah, just the payoff. (It's 900k from Hero to Legend, so 18k is 2%.)

The average Challenge along the way was probably about 1400, so that's over 33k right there, just in Challenges.

GhaleonEB said:
I end the day 22/24 on the weekly Challenge. Should be easy enough to knock off a couple in the morning. That heaping pile of credits is all of 2% of the way to the next rank, but it was fun working up to them.
Does that include the credits earned from each challenge itself along the way to the weekly?

GhaleonEB said:
\
I am at the same point. I have 22/24 as well. But I am only a Brigadier. I got it at the start of the week and am about to rank up to Brigadier grad 2 because of all the credits I have obtained this week.

Thanks to both above for answering that question.

On a different topic is there any sort of leaderboards for the one person Score Attack games? I spend an awful lot of time in Score Attack but seriously have no clue how I'm doing.

For instance I just scored 30,000 points in a Sniper Attack game on Courtyard. I didn't die 1 time and hit my target every shot except 4 misses. For me that's pretty good, but it sucks not knowing how I stack up against others.

If there isn't any sort of leaderboard/ranking system I have to ask why not? I could see that being very addicting. I already play a lot of Score Attack, but I know I'd play a lot more if it tracked the best scores.

GhaleonEB

Mizzou Gaming said:
Thanks to both above for answering that question.

On a different topic is there any sort of leaderboards for the one person Score Attack games? I spend an awful lot of time in Score Attack but seriously have no clue how I'm doing.

For instance I just scored 30,000 points in a Sniper Attack game on Courtyard. I didn't die 1 time and hit my target every shot except 4 misses. For me that's pretty good, but it sucks not knowing how I stack up against others.

If there isn't any sort of leaderboard/ranking system I have to ask why not? I could see that being very addicting. I already play a lot of Score Attack, but I know I'd play a lot more if it tracked the best scores.
There are friends list leader boards only, on bugie.net (click leaderboards from your service record).

Some external to Bungie sites have set up more comprehensive leaderboards, such as this one.

http://www.halotracker.com/Default.aspx

KevinRo

Lake Minnetonka said:
7:15 the future of competitive halo

the none of the pros pace their shots, their so dumb they dont understand they should read gaf more

You don't have to on LAN. And mostly their advantage over others is their teamwork.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
KevinRo said:
You don't have to on LAN. And mostly their advantage over others is their teamwork.
MLG in Reach feels so wonky to me(was great in H2 and H3, except for Onslaught, fuck that map) and bloom is still terrorizing them on LAN.

KevinRo said:
they seem to struggle with the dmr more than i do against skirmishers in the heat of a fabulous firefigiht match!

gunplay looks sloopy but i love it because you never know whos goin to die and it keeps thing exciting

I've 5 render minutes. Who wants something to be rendered?

And how was customs? I can't read any impressions of yesterday's custom.

Tunavi

Banned
Hypertrooper said:
I've 5 render minutes. Who wants something to be rendered?

And how was customs? I can't read any impressions of yesterday's custom.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15984509&player=Tunavi
If you dont mind doing them all in one render, I'd love this in HD please

I got my ass handed to me in customs. We did some highlands CTF, speedflag on Condemned. We tried out the Covy ship invasion map. We showed a few people Nascar, which was was very fun, and monster trucks was great. There was a really great new map we tried out CTF on which had two bases in the sky with man cannons and banshees

Alienshogun said:
Isn't the DMR still the quickest kill in vanilla?

Depends on the range. At close range, the Magnum is the quickest kill. As for the DMR vs. the NR, I don't think there is any range where the NR is quicker kill than the DMR (on default settings).

GhaleonEB said:
There are friends list leader boards only, on bugie.net (click leaderboards from your service record).

Some external to Bungie sites have set up more comprehensive leaderboards, such as this one.

http://www.halotracker.com/Default.aspx

Oh nice, thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help.

EDIT: Damn, that website is freaking awesome.

I actually put you down as my referral, but wasn't thinking because I listed your NeoGAF account name instead of your gamertag like it asked. I don't know if you recieve any benefits from referrals, but if you do I can either register a second account or email the people that run it. Let me know and I'll gladly do what you want.

Tunavi said:
OH GOD I remember that...
I told you I got my ass handed to me
:lol

I'm sure I was just as surprised as you were when it happened. I also failed pretty badly at finishing off MrBig at the end. :I

Does anyone want to hop on right now for a few games? I have a Halo itch that needs to be scratched before I sleep.

zlatko

Banned
*Look at todays's challenges and I only need 4 more to get the weekly*

...Tip of the Spear, on Legendary, no deaths, the stupidest skulls on AGAIN? Fuck off.

So I could've had this weekly if it weren't for crystal meth being the drug of choice to whoever designs this shit.

zlatko said:

...Tip of the Spear, on Legendary, no deaths, the stupidest skulls on AGAIN? Fuck off.

So I could've had this weekly if it weren't for crystal meth being the drug of choice to whoever designs this shit.
Save and Quit when you die sir. And that Weekly should have been sufficient practice for this Daily.

zlatko

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
Save and Quit when you die sir. And that Weekly should have been sufficient practice for this Daily.

So after I die, save and quit, then load it up, and I'll be right where I was but it'll continue the challenge on as if I hadn't died?

And yeah that weekly took me and my friend 4 hours. :/

zlatko said:

I too need 4/4 of today's challenges to get the weekly challenge. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Is 18000 Cr worth the 3 wireless controllers I will inevitably throw and brake? Hells yeah!

zlatko said:
So after I die, save and quit, then load it up, and I'll be right where I was but it'll continue the challenge on as if I hadn't died?

And yeah that weekly took me and my friend 4 hours. :/
Nah, if you die just keep playing the level as usual. Once you hit the very last checkpoint in the level, Save and Quit, then resume and finish the level without dying.

It's a lot easier going solo since Reach scales up the amount of enemies when playing co-op. Plus you start with a lot of ammo for the Grenade Launcher and a DMR at the beginning of the level when going solo.

Watch this LASO run video if you need some tips.

I just finished the challenge in about 20 minutes, didn't even die to my own surprise.

Louis Wu said:
"that dude"? Really?

The clip showed a game between DeepBlue6969 and KasparOwned. You DO know that Gary Kasparov was the reigning World Chess Champion beaten by IBM's Deep Blue, a chess computer, in 1997, right?

Oh wow, im such a noob. In my defence I didn't see the other gamertag
I wouldn't have made the connection even if I did :(
and with most top ten type videos I very much gloss over the gamertag of the player. I totally missed that, but its another layer to that video.

I was also only 8 when that happened. :p To be fair I know all about it since studying Computer Science though.

By the way, Nascar looks amazing lol.

O D I N

Ramirez said:
Man the Falcon is an awesome vehicle, I did absolutely terrible in that Breakpoint game, but I was racking up the Falcon assists! :p

The Falcon is probably my favorite vehicle. I can't fly it for crap, but I have some friends who do that for me. ;)

Willeth said:
You've all played Halo chess, right? How about Space Chess?

Reposted by request for Fyre because his GAF registration has been pending for about five years.

I still need to try 'Halo Chess'. Thanks for the link.

Dani said:
Time travelling. Just need hoverboards and we're set.

A Police Box will help... Or a Delorean. Somebody call a Doctor!

MrBig said:
I present to all you lowly folks that could not join us...

reach_16071349_Full.jpg

NASCAR

This shot can not even come close to describing how amazing it is.

Put this shit in Action Sack.

I love this gametype! My buddy showed this to me a couple weeks ago. He claimed he made it, but now I don't think he did. Oh well, amazing gametype.

I wanna try to make customs. It's just that the wife wants to hang out when we have time off together. :-/ I'll try to join when I can one of these days.

Gui_PT

O D I N said:
I wanna try to make customs. It's just that the wife wants to hang out when we have time off together. :-/ I'll try to join when I can one of these days.

I don't understand why women think you'd want to spend time with them after getting married, amirite?

I kid, I kid

O D I N

Gui_PT said:
I don't understand why women think you'd want to spend time with them after getting married, amirite?

I kid, I kid

65.jpg

I needed that this morning. Thank you, sir. :)

Just got an Untouchable on a game of Multi Flag CTF on Highlands.

Other highlights of the game:
1. ToD was the Pro Pipe. Sweetness.
2. NEARLY got an Overkill with a possibility of a Killtackular with the Pro Pipe. Didn't aim for the right person at the right time. Still kicking myself about it, but, hey, at least I got an Untouchable.

O D I N

Dax01 said:
Just got an Untouchable on a game of Multi Flag CTF on Highlands.

Other highlights of the game:
1. ToD was the Pro Pipe. Sweetness.
2. NEARLY got an Overkill with a possibility of a Killtackular with the Pro Pipe. Didn't aim for the right person at the right time. Still kicking myself about it, but, hey, at least I got an Untouchable.

I approve of this and the great use of the Pro Pipe.

Tunavi said:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=15984509&player=Tunavi
If you dont mind doing them all in one render, I'd love this in HD please

I got my ass handed to me in customs. We did some highlands CTF, speedflag on Condemned. We tried out the Covy ship invasion map. We showed a few people Nascar, which was was very fun, and monster trucks was great. There was a really great new map we tried out CTF on which had two bases in the sky with man cannons and banshees
That map is terrible for 8 v 8. Maybe if it was 4 v 4 ... and it didn't have damn near infinite laser spawns.

The best map from customs was Outcrop. Once the spawns are fixed, that map is going to be glorious in the Community BTB playlist.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Anyone else having trouble with the Bungie Pro renderer?

I keep trying to render a single video, it errors, but takes the minutes, shows that it's rendering then a few minutes later my minutes are refunded and it's not rendered.

Alienshogun said:
Anyone else having trouble with the Bungie Pro renderer?

I keep trying to render a single video, it errors, but takes the minutes, shows that it's rendering then a few minutes later my minutes are refunded and it's not rendered.

If only there was someone here who offered to cap video in 720p for free.

If only.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
O D I N said:
Thanks for clearing that up.

For real, his mom? o_O I can't read internet speak today
Lol you don't need to learn to read internet speak. Just know that anything Dax and I say about each other is probably a joke. Hahaha

But not this time

GhaleonEB

Mizzou Gaming said:
Oh nice, thanks a lot, I really appreciate the help.

EDIT: Damn, that website is freaking awesome.

I actually put you down as my referral, but wasn't thinking because I listed your NeoGAF account name instead of your gamertag like it asked. I don't know if you recieve any benefits from referrals, but if you do I can either register a second account or email the people that run it. Let me know and I'll gladly do what you want.
Good thing they're the same. :)

I think I'll knock off a couple low-scoring Score Attack games, and then get the two Firefight Challenges in the same game, along with the weekly.

O D I N

Tashi0106 said:
Lol you don't need to learn to read internet speak. Just know that anything Dax and I say about each other is probably a joke. Hahaha

But not this time

I was more alluding to my internet sarcasm detector being broken today.

But thanks.
WOWZA.

Top Bottom