• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Kibbles

Domino Theory said:
You mean a 5 shot weapon like it is in every playlist?
It feels better, probably because you can kill someone without getting a headshot as well. Maybe it's just the movement speed cause I feel like a badass just running around killing everyone lol. I'm liking Team Rifles now, mainly on the smaller maps though.

It could also just be that I use the DMR in matchmaking way more than pistol, and you spawn with it here. The more I play Team Classic the more I love it. Bloom is annoying, but whatever I haven't really cared.

Tawpgun

So I was wondering, eventually Bungie will stop focusing on Halo. So how will Bungie Pro work? I'm hoping you can transfer it to 343 somehow. Same thing with all the other stats, heatmaps ect.

I'm also hoping 343 hires a fancy writer to give us our weekly updates we've become so accustomed to.

The thing is, the 343 site on xbox.com might not be the best fit for this. Bungie.net is modeled after Battle.net. So wouldn't the best course of action be to transfer Halo stats and such into a 343.net of some sort?

Havok

A27 Tawpgun said:
So I was wondering, eventually Bungie will stop focusing on Halo. So how will Bungie Pro work? I'm hoping you can transfer it to 343 somehow. Same thing with all the other stats, heatmaps ect.

I'm also hoping 343 hires a fancy writer to give us our weekly updates we've become so accustomed to.

The thing is, the 343 site on xbox.com might not be the best fit for this. Bungie.net is modeled after Battle.net. So wouldn't the best course of action be to transfer Halo stats and such into a 343.net of some sort?
They already hired the best weekly update writer in existence.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
So who's gotten the weekly Challenge already? I'll probably get all but the 15 games in, leaving me one to knock off tomorrow (and only due to lack of time - lots I want to do tonight, including customs).

I got it earlier today.

22000 cR in one match. Feels goooooood.

Sibylus

Banned
Dax01 said:
Reach's net code is fantastic. The best out there not including dedicated servers.
(The fuck is with that picture dude? I don't care if your "frustrated", that's nasty and you need to take that down).
He clearly hasn't enjoyed the netcode of Halo PC. Where leading your targets by a sizable margin is reality, no matter the ping, and plasma grenades will phase through everything when things get the slightest bit dicey. Other players, warthogs, walls, the ground...

Gui_PT said:
I got it earlier today.

22000 cR in one match. Feels goooooood.

Same it was pretty sweet, I actually ranked up! How the hell are you a Mythic!??

By the way I finally got around to watching the video were the Chess was shown, it was pretty sly how they slipped that in. Is the Chess gametype actually made by that dude who sent in the video? I assume it was and he hacked it to make it have the Bungie tag? Or is it really a Bungie creation?

Also the fail at the end where the ghost got hijacked and was sent off the map, I did that a while back while messing around, it was pretty funny - like I boosted towards the edge of the map as I got hijacked so when I got sent off the ghost I just saw it boost off:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16056496&player=bobs99

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
bobs99 ... said:
Same it was pretty sweet, I actually ranked up! By the way, how the hell are you a Mythic!??

By the way I finally got around to watching the video were the Chess was shown, it was pretty sly how they slipped that in, good stuff. Is the Chess gametype actually made by that dude who sent in the video? I assume it was and he hacked it to make it have the Bungie tag? Or is it really a Bungie creation?

Also the fail at the end where the ghost got hijacked and was sent off the map, I did that a while back while messing around, it was pretty funny - like I boosted towards the edge of the map as I got hijacked so when I got sent off the ghost I just saw it boost off:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16056496&player=bobs99

Eating Cinnamon gives you super video game leveling powers.

bobs99 ... said:
Is the Chess gametype actually made by that dude who sent in the video? I assume it was and he hacked it to make it have the Bungie tag? Or is it really a Bungie creation?

It's an actual Bungie creation made using their scripting tools, Urk said it was safe to download in OT3.

ncsuDuncan said:
It's an actual Bungie creation made using their scripting tools, Urk said it was safe to download in OT3.

He said something like "go ahead and download it", but as far as I know he didnt say Bungie actually made it? Why would they have used that dudes gamertag in the video if they did and not just put it down to Bungie?

neoism

Havok said:
25j8cc0.png

Kibbles

So what's the favorite for the "The Little Guys" challenge? Is there a particular spot with a lot of grunts?

Gui_PT

Alienshogun said:
Eating Cinnamon gives you super video game leveling powers.

I wasn't actually able to eat it. It all came out involuntarily.

I really don't play that many matches a day, especially in the last few weeks. I just get all the dailies in 4 or 5 matches, so I get tons of cR really fast.

bobs99 ... said:
He said something like "go ahead and download it", but as far as I know he didnt say Bungie actually made it? Why would they have used that dudes gamertag in the video if they did and not just put it down to Bungie?

You do realize what day yesterday was, right? It's much funnier if some random gamertag has a Fail of the Weak clip with a brand new gametype. thatsthejoke.jpg

Bungie authored the gametype, the dude authored the map and posted the clip. I'm sure whoever it was is either a Bungie employee or a Rooster Teeth employee or at least friends with one of them.

I don't think Urk would tell us it's safe to download if it was a modded gametype pretending to be authored by Bungie. Just because there isn't a huge newspost announcing it...

Believe.

Kibbles said:
So what's the favorite for the "The Little Guys" challenge? Is there a particular spot with a lot of grunts?
I wonder if I'll get Cr penalized for admitting that I went to Sword Base: Oni and kept reverting back to my last save point with the Target Locator? Took about 15 minutes.
I just don't have any motivation to go through whole campaign levels for certain challenges. I actually get a kick out of doing a lot of the firefight challenges, but campaign tends to drag when I'd rather be in matchmaking.

Kibbles said:
Load up The Package point Bravo, after about a minute, a drop ship should come down and drop off some Grunts. Get them to follow you, run behind a rock and it should Checkpoint. There should be about 7 Grunts lined up to kill now. Rinse and repeat, should take about 5 minutes.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
bobs99 ... said:
Ben Thompson, one of our engineers, cooked it up during an internal scripting challenge. I gave it to Burnie last week with explicit instructions to "see if his guys could do anything with it." They done did.

Perhaps I missed this being posted earlier... And I am not even sure if this is real...

Alternative Ending for Reach
YouTube

Edit: Apparently fake, likely an April fools joke?

Tawpgun

Havok said:
Doh. Forgot about that.

Then again, he has a huge job already... hopefully Frankie will grace us with his words every Friday. Or whatever other day they might choose to deliver it.

As for grunt challenge... I just did Rally Point Alpha in Winter Contigency, then played through all of sword base, then all of nightfall as they were meant to be played (no running past everything) And then I capped off the challenge with the beginning of Exodus. Suicide Grunts Everywhere.

So if you want to have an unfun grind through it all, go with Exodus. As for me, it was fun playing through campaign levels for enjoyment rather than challenge whoring.

Gui_PT

Devin Olsen said:
Perhaps I missed this being posted earlier... And I am not even sure if this is real...

YouTube

That looks ridiculously fake

Tawpgun

So customs still start at the regular time right? The poster seemed kind of confusing since I have no idea what timezone he was referring to.

Kibbles said:

I'd go for Winter Contingency, rally point Beta (or the last).
Once you're inside the building, go past the first Zealot and 2th part with the Jackels, then when you round the corner, there are 4 or 5 grunts which you can kill very easely. I also got a checkpoint right before that corner

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Devin Olsen said:

YouTube

Seemed fake as all hell, but doubt it would be an April fools joke since it was posted on the 30th.

Devin Olsen said:

YouTube

Uploaded March 30th. So yeah. The voiceover was incredibly annoying and I doubt a tutorial like that would be the first we'd heard of such a thing. Not to mention how awful and fake that cutscene looked, way below Bungie standards (even for an egg).

A27 Tawpgun said:
So customs still start at the regular time right? The poster seemed kind of confusing since I have no idea what timezone he was referring to.

8pm EST as I understand it. So ~70 minutes from the time of this post. Not sure if that's the normal time.

Kuroyume

Banned
Highlands sucks nows with the changes. Gameplay feels slower and now people just camp the teleporters with shotguns. Before you could clear campers with the sniper. Now take a shot with the DMR and they evade behind something and continue to camp. Stupid.

And man really... They ruined Multi Team by increasing the team size. Totally ruined it. Always felt like a 1 vs 12 playlist but now it actually feels like a teams playlist. Horrible.

urk said:
Ben Thompson, one of our engineers, cooked it up during an internal scripting challenge. I gave it to Burnie last week with explicit instructions to "see if his guys could do anything with it." They done did.

Thanks for schooling me. :p

Yea I would have liked to see 5 teams of 2 instead of the 6 teams of 2.

Instead they went with 4 teams of 3.

It was entirely too chaotic and random though so something needed to be done.

wwm0nkey

urk said:
Tell Ben to make Halo Checkers!

Devin Olsen said:

YouTube

Haha. You've to do it on legendary? So how could he survive the Phantom scene at the beginning so long? I join the "It's a tr... fake" group.

Tashi0106 said:
I've been getting triples up the ass
Tashi, we don't need to know about your personal life. Yeah... I apologize. dumb joke from a dumb person

EDIT: Looks like both Gui and I are in the gutter together.

xxjuicesxx said:
Wow Reach is really boring to watch, like even the MLG stream isn't exciting at all.
Dude that's because you haven't watched my vids. They put MLG to shame...
That's an all out lie
Kharma's a bitch for sword rushers
money toss
Best series of sticks I've ever had
Stick and a double kill (short but nifty)
My one and only extermination... kind of weak, but I had to render it!

These don't compete with the majority of highlights that other people have and what you see in highlight montages, but these make me happy when I pull them off just the same.

Louis Wu

bobs99 ... said:
"that dude"? Really?

The clip showed a game between DeepBlue6969 and KasparOwned. You DO know that Gary Kasparov was the reigning World Chess Champion beaten by IBM's Deep Blue, a chess computer, in 1997, right?

Dani said:
Less than 1 hour.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/GAFCUSTOMSAPRL.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That image disturbs me. It's like Misterchief is starring in Poltergeist IV. "They're here..."
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9aENGodu5A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9aENGodu5A[/URL] Just put that picture of Misterchief in the tv of the clip.

neclas

Louis Wu said:
The clip showed a game between DeepBlue6969 and KasparOwned. You DO know that Gary Kasparov was the reigning World Chess Champion beaten by IBM's Deep Blue, a chess computer, in 1997, right?
That's more than half a lifetime ago for some of us.

GhaleonEB said:
Friggin' daylight savings time. I'm sleepy today and forgot we shifted.
I'm so confused. Over on the East Coast we shifted our clocks an hour ahead already.

Clarification Edit: In the middle of March.

Top Bottom