• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Rickenslacker said:
Ghal I must commend the dedication to Firefight, but I'm curious as to your own motivations to play it? Do you try to play it for score? Or do you play it for the sheer love of Reach gunplay against AI?
Think of it as two forces, one pushing and the other pulling.

I'm pushed away from Reach's MP after a few games because of all the, um, questionable design choices.

I'm pulled toward Firefight because I really enjoy the gunplay, and find it incredibly fun despite the imperfect matchmaking configurations.

While I do love facing off against Halo AI, the formula of Firefight that pits you off against mostly the same enemy type in waves format is what kills it for me, since Halo combat is really interesting when the different enemy types are working together to combat you in different ways.
It's in desperate need of remixing - I posted a few tables on how to do so the other day - but I still find it fun. I work on my own little meta games on each level. On Courtyard I go for Killionaires using the combination of a single grenade and a shot from the sniper rifle on one of the drop locations (two in one game yesterday). I always go for Perfectionist rounds (no deaths). And I do play competitively, within certain bounds. I love games where other players are rushing forward going for as many kills as they can get with rockets and FRGs, while I sit back and take out as much as possible from afar. I'm often behind until round 3, when my score multiplier is insane due to not dying for so long and the skull combinations. Games like this, no deaths, full Set, 200+ kills including six Wraiths, are quite fun and satisfying. And they're a great palette cleanser after games like one flag on Boneyard; after that game I did one on Unearthed where my partner quit early, and ended up with a perfect game and over a 10,000 cR payout for it. It's satisfying.

Should Reach's troubles be fixed, or at least improved, in the TU (grenades, gunplay, Banshee, armor abilities, etc.) I'll be spending much more time on that side of Reach.

Of course, when that lands I'll be spending even more time with Skyrim.

MrBig

That's the H3 model/texture

Here's some of Kornman's comments on the ViDoc

The following is a screen cap of an engineer (I presume Butcher) in Visual Studio 2010, looking at some source. How did I figure that the engineer is browsing the Tiger codebase? It has "tiger_main_loop_core" in the search box, the editor is VS2010, the source files are for C++ (Halo1's engine was C only). The active solution configuration is "test" and the active solution configuration is "engine_win32" (which may suggest Tiger will release for PC, or that is just a config for their tools). The Halo1 AI dev log which the engineer is looking at is a .txt file, not a source file.

http://kornnersoftware.com/yelo/tiger/tiger_vs2010.png

The following is the new world editor for Tiger, Grognok (Sapien went buh-bye)

http://kornnersoftware.com/yelo/tiger/grognok.png

The stuff on the screen is just a comment block, but it does talk about some combat related stuff and squad structures. There are pointers that make it appear to be from Destiny.

ElRenoRaven

Dani said:
Updated Halo Anniversary Master Chief?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/newchief.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Wish I could make any details out. Too much writing on the picture. Why would people put writing on a picture? lol

Also that don't look like Anniversary MC. As mentioned I see reflections in the visor that look like Halo 3 things.

Dani said:
Maybe you can choose different armours for the campaign. If it is true, I hope you will get the armours for a specific achievement in the other Halo games or you can unlock for some action in the game.
Otherwise it looks like "a greener" Halo 3 Master Chief. Look at the reflection in the visor, you can see stuff from Sierra 7(wood box etc)

About firefight I would love to play Firefight over Matchmaking, but my connection is too bad for it. The game kicks me out of the game the whole time. :/

Letters said:
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is doing it, but I want to publicly disclose that I saved your pictures to a folder on my dropbox so they don't get lost forever in case they're needed in the future for something cool (I don't know what, but rest assured that they won't be used by me in trolling or anything that is bad or freaky). Only saved pictures people posted of themselves, not posted by other members, and didn't include the pictures from Fyrewulf (he deleted it later, so he doesn't want it to be out there), ghal and shake (both don't show face). PM me if you want your picture deleted from the folder.
I really don't care. My photo is available at Facebook for everyone. So I won't blame you, if someone uses the photo for bad things.

feel

wtf oxm

Gabotron ES said:
HaloGAF erotica folder confirmed?
>>halogaf erotica folder/public album<<
[url]http://db.tt/a1hcavn
[/URL]

34o6gl3.jpg

if anyone wants in, just post your picture in the thread while we're in this subject. Only trasher was added from the bar pictures because he posted the pictures. If the other ones want in, post a new picture or tell me to crop you from one of those.

If anyone wants immediate removal of their picture from the album, just say so.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
That's the H3 model/texture

The stuff on the screen is just a comment block, but it does talk about some combat related stuff and squad structures. There are pointers that make it appear to be from Destiny.

Very very good catches he made. I haven't began to even look through the vidoc closely. Also I would be shocked if there isn't a windows version of the game. I'd be willing to be my life on that.

Dani said:

To clarify, apparently the magazine contains a host of new images, including the new Chief look in a "World 2exclusive" feature.

Like I said over on HBO, the new helmet looks like a more detailed version of the mark V found in the reach armory, I think you guys will like it.

And to build further hype wait untill you guys see the first level. Looks sweet.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
Very very good catches he made. I haven't began to even look through the vidoc closely. Also I would be shocked if there isn't a windows version of the game. I'd be willing to be my life on that.
Thought it was shown at that one Activision thing that it was 360/PS3/PC

because I dont know about you guys because that PC version will be mine.

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Thought it was shown at that one Activision thing that it was 360/PS3/PC

I'll for sure buy PC version but I'll buy a console version too. Hell I might buy all 3. God knows I did with Oni and with Halo and Halo 2. lol

ElzarTheBam said:
Like I said over on HBO, the new helmet looks like a more detailed version of the mark V found in the reach armory, I think you guys will like it.

And to build further hype wait untill you guys see the first level. Looks sweet.

Oh quit teasing me. I saw your post at HBO. I've been searching the net and no damn luck.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:
I'm only going to get the PC version if it's open ended and they allow modding. Otherwise XBL>Steam.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
I'm only going to get the PC version if it's open ended and they allow modding. Otherwise XBL>Steam.

Oh I totally didn't think about a steam version. Hell if they put it on steam I'll buy a copy on steam too. ROFLMAO

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
I'll for sure buy PC version but I'll buy a console version too. Hell I might buy all 3. God knows I did with Oni and with Halo and Halo 2. lol

Oh quit teasing me. I saw your post at HBO. I've been searching the net and no damn luck.
Well I am buying the PC and 360 version because I am pretty sure this will be one of the games where my PC character can also be my 360 or PS3 character.

MrBig said:

Uh, pretty sure that comment block is about Halo 1. Maybe another Halo, but probably not Destiny.

It mentions Warthog gunners, Jackals, Hunters, and Jaime.

The only way it could be connected to Destiny is the mention of "tiger_main_loop_core" at the top. Looks to me like someone working on Tiger was asked to pull up an old Halo 1 log from the AI team to show during that part of the ViDoc.

bobs99 ... said:
I just wanted to post to say how awesome ODST's beginning is. The music during the ODST drop is soooo good.
Imagine this: You're on a Frigate. Your team get briefed and after the briefing, your Spartan goes to the Pelican and board it. Other Spartans join you too. The hatch closes.The Pelican fires up his engine and starts moving toward to Reach. You hear over radio, that the other Spartan teams are deployed too. After few seconds you are in the atmosphere, the hatch opens again and you see Covenant cruisers, Phantoms and Banshee. Another Pelican gets destroyed and you see how it crushs down. All this stuff happens in first person. A bit like Call Of Duty.

PsychoRaven said:
I'll buy all version too. Maybe I'll upgrade my PC for the Game, too. It is going to be expensive.

Zeouterlimits said:
No, I'm sure it's just OXM being lazy and showing H3 chief.

Find it quite stupid.

The article is about Halo as a series. How is using the image of MC from the most recent released game he was in "stupid"?

Letters said:

I'm not sure what he looks like from the front, the screenshot was a side shot of chief by one of the doors on POA, reloading/cooling a plasma rifle. I mean the closest similarity would be side shot of chief in the mark V helmet, but again this was more detailed.

And to add another thing, if they get the concept artwork of POA's final resting place to look like it did in a screenshot...ZOMG!

Ah, misjudged the time of customs starting. A bit too late for me. Was really looking forward to it.

Maybe we can organize some Euros customs next week?

ElRenoRaven

Hypertrooper said:
I'll buy all version too. Maybe I'll upgrade my PC for the Game, too. It is going to be expensive.

Yea. I fear I'm going to do something I don't do really. That being upgrade my PC. I know a power supply and graphics card upgrade will be my first order of business.

Gabotron ES said:
Speaking of HBO, what do I have to do to make the forums readable?

There really isn't anything you can do. I love Louis but those forums. You eventually learn how to read them and use them pretty easily but it does take some getting used to.

kylej

Banned
Letters said:
dat sick Ducati

here you go. snapped right before my ride. Yoda and motorcycle jacket included for your enjoyment.

IMG_0716.JPG

camera sucks but whatevs. I'm going to eat dinner and be on in an hour for more dumping. be there y'all.

Gui_PT

ElzarTheBam said:
I'm not sure what he looks like from the front, the screenshot was a side shot of chief by one of the doors on POA, reloading/cooling a plasma rifle. I mean the closest similarity would be side shot of chief in the mark V helmet, but again this was more detailed.

And to add another thing, if they get the concept artwork of POA's final resting place to look like it did in a screenshot...ZOMG!

Y u do dis?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
xxjuicesxx said:
Posting your ignore list as an image and then saying you're stopping is not stopping at all.

Its like a little kid arguing who needs that last word to convince himself hes won.

Pretty much.

ElzarTheBam said:

Heh? Where did you see that? Did you attend a press event or something?

The Real Napsta said:
The article is about Halo as a series. How is using the image of MC from the most recent released game he was in "stupid"?
Hmm. It was another UK magazine XBW or something that referred to Anniversary and also used a H3 image, my mistake. Saw them in store today, assumed OXM was doing the same thing. My mistake.
Makes me even less interested in the story funnily enough.

PsychoRaven said:
There really isn't anything you can do. I love Louis but those forums. You eventually learn how to read them and use them pretty easily but it does take some getting used to.

HBO forums have a relatively low post rate, if all the topics were split up gaf-style it would just make the forums harder rather than easier to use; being able to skim through at a glance is great and the forum works brilliantly on a mobile.

A useful improvement would be to be able to open an entire topic at once (unless there is already a way and I've simply never saw it :)

edit:fixed your quote :)

Devolution said:
You are the quintessential party pooper and it's so fucking annoying.
My jokes are just as valid as yours. Relax.

xxjuicesxx said:
Posting your ignore list as an image and then saying you're stopping is not stopping at all.

Its like a little kid arguing who needs that last word to convince himself hes won.
Jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes. He probably cleared the list afterwards. For guys that like to joke and tell everyone to lighten up, you sure take shit seriously.

xxjuicesxx said:
Oh no I didn't realize. Usually jokes are funny.
I was just following by example. If you don't get the joke the Stephen made, I can explain it. You see, some of the users here were posting gamertags of people they griefed in Team Objective, claiming they were performing some kind of "cleansing". In a delicious irony, Stephen pretended to ignore them on GAF in order to "cleanse" as well. It's pretty funny.

ElRenoRaven

ChenK said:
HBO forums have a relatively low post rate, if all the topics were split up gaf-style it would just make the forums harder rather than easier to use; being able to skim through at a glance is great and the forum works brilliantly on a mobile.

A useful improvement would be to be able to open an entire topic at once (unless there is already a way and I've simply never saw it :)

Ugh I so hate when I make typos. Fixed it but it's preserved. Anyway the only way is to click a post in the thread. Then you see only the posts in that thread in the threaded view the way they are. Otherwise it's a case of just reading the forums and figuring out what goes to what.

HiredN00bs said:
Jokes and jokes and jokes and jokes. He probably cleared the list afterwards. For guys that like to joke and tell everyone to lighten up, you sure take shit seriously.

Oh no I didn't realize. Usually jokes are funny.

NOKYARD

Gabotron ES said:
Speaking of HBO, what do I have to do to make the forums readable?
Click on [Set Preferences]
Change to:
List Style: Compressed List
Display Style: Guestbook
Sort Order: Mixed Order

Will post pic of myself for a cookie.

Top Bottom