• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Havok said:
It's only in SWAT and Big Team now.

Now let's laugh at how ridiculous both of those are. It could have had a good home in Objective on symmetric maps, but alas.
How does that....work?

Ug. I don't think I've even seen the option in BTB. Thanks for the info.

Havok said:
It's only in SWAT and Big Team now.

Now let's laugh at how ridiculous both of those are. It could have had a good home in Objective on symmetric maps, but alas.
get-ready-for-bed.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting on now. Putting on some coffee for caffeine fueled donging. GT = popular revolt.

Those were some rough games. Lots of fun, but occasionally frustrating.

BTB customs are really hard, because you don't want to just play the same gametypes as the playlist, but then you're stuck with a bunch of iffy Forge maps.

That Hemorrhage map would be a lot better without the Scorpion... maybe take out the Banshee too.
I feel like Breakpoint could be molded into a decent Assault map, but that variant definitely wasn't it.

I hope CEA has at least one or two decent BTB maps.

That reminds me, LOL at DMR starts on Hang 'em High BTB.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
How does that....work?

Ug. I don't think I've even seen the option in BTB. Thanks for the info.
No problem. I went ahead and put the Bungie-authored Stockpile Pro matchmaking variant in my file share here so you can at least get the Defiant achievement in a splitscreen custom game if you want. I doubt any of the SWAT or BTB players are going to vote for it even if it shows up.

ncsuDuncan said:
Those were some rough games. Lots of fun, but occasionally frustrating.

BTB customs are really hard, because you don't want to just play the same gametypes as the playlist, but then you're stuck with a bunch of iffy Forge maps.

That Hemorrhage map would be a lot better without the Scorpion... maybe take out the Banshee too.
I feel like Breakpoint could be molded into a decent Assault map, but that variant definitely wasn't it.

I hope CEA has at least one or two decent BTB maps.

That reminds me, LOL at DMR starts on Hang 'em High BTB.
Hang 'em High was a good map for you guys. You had the sniper and a better defense base :p

feel

xxxstylzxxx said:
Hitmonchan107 said:
NOKYARD said:
http://files.mythica.org/halo/highimpacthalo/highspeed/HSH/Jeff-nok.jpg
ADDED

Halogaf is an awesome looking bunch. :)

Old halogaffers like Ghal, blur, nutter, domino, urk, errera, etc, the album is starting to really feel incomplete without you guys, but I know you're not necessarily camera shy, and you're in the photos posted yesterday. What do you say? Should I crop your photos from there? Want to post more recent ones of your own? Or just don't want to be a part of it.

Anyone knows, when the NeoGAF EU T-shirt shop will be online? I want to wear letters's HaloGAF t-shirt at GamesCom and PAX :/

Btw. who will go to GamesCom? I want to meet everyone, who is going, but I can't be there all four days.(I have to drive 2hours with the car, or 3hours with the train) So let's plan something!

GhaleonEB

Letters said:
Old halogaffers like Ghal, blur, nutter, domino, urk, errera, etc, the album is starting to really feel incomplete without you guys, but I know you're not necessarily camera shy, and you're in the photos posted yesterday. What do you say? Should I crop your photos from there? Want to post more recent ones of your own? Or just don't want to be a part of it.
I'm not camera shy but have never posted a pic of myself online (the recently yanked one aside). I've always kept a distance from personal interactions online; I'm just a bit uncomfortable with it. (When people take my picture, I usually ask that it not end up online.) I'll have a better one taken shortly and included.

Edit: Another little detail of the transition of Halo over to Microsoft. On the Networking Status page from the Start menu, it used to say go to bungie.net/networking for more information. Now, it says halo.xbox.com.

senador

Banned
Lololol @ Starwolf and Tunavi

Havok said:
No problem. I went ahead and put the Bungie-authored Stockpile Pro matchmaking variant in my file share here so you can at least get the Defiant achievement in a splitscreen custom game if you want. I doubt any of the SWAT or BTB players are going to vote for it even if it shows up.
<3 I need those.

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not camera shy but have never posted a pic of myself online (the recently yanked one aside). I've always kept a distance from personal interactions online; I'm just a bit uncomfortable with it. (When people take my picture, I usually ask that it not end up online.) I'll have a better one taken shortly and included.
I'm the same tbh, my facebook album only has the profile photo, only friends/family post photos of me but I even have the tags only show up for myself. Don't feel pressured to do it if you don't feel comfortable about it. Encouraging people who don't mind to post a pic, aims to have the group feeling friendlier towards each other, to open way to discussions of a more respectful, mature, harmonious tone. Plus if we can't be the best halo community when it comes to actually playing halo vs other communities, at least we can settle for being the best looking one lol.

edit-
Offtopic: FRUIT NINJA on the 360 is fucking awesome!!!! :O

edit2-

v done

Letters said:
I'm the same tbh, my facebook album only has the profile photo, only friends/family post photos of me but I even have the tags only show up for myself. Don't feel pressured to do it if you don't feel comfortable about it. Encouraging people who don't mind to post a pic, aims to have the group feeling friendlier towards each other, to open way to discussions of a more respectful, mature, harmonious tone. Plus if we can't be the best halo community when it comes to actually playing halo vs other communities, at least we can settle for being the best looking one lol.

edit-
Offtopic: FRUIT NINJA on the 360 is fucking awesome!!!! :O

Got to add me to the GAF pics bro.

FyreWulff

Per our talkings in Reach customs:

T24Jy.jpg

J6LVt.jpg

jKNd4.jpg

jc8c5.jpg

Cortana in the Halo 2 engine (from the Bungie Publication "Flood Autopsy").

The presentation says it's a prototype they built in Halo 2's engine, but with the recent vidoc and things they've said since, I kind of have a feeling this was actually one of the levels intended for Halo 2.

It was probably the cut level where you were meant to go through the flood hive and that would serve as Gravemind's introduction. Its tentacles would have slammed down behind you blocking off passageways as opposed to the portas used in Halo 3's version.

FyreWulff said:

The presentation says it's a prototype they built in Halo 2's engine, but with the recent vidoc and things they've said since, I kind of have a feeling this was actually one of the levels intended for Halo 2.

Yeah looks pretty damn detailed for a "prototype", and its not like there were any environments like that in Halo CE that they could have ripped textures from for the purpose of the prototype.

Is it bad that I find stuff cut from games more interesting than the actual games haha?

GhaleonEB

My daughter took a pic just now. She thought I should stand next to the gaming shelf since it was for HaloGAF (yes, she knows what that means).

IMG_5699.jpg

feel

yikes, fuck me indeed :O

senador said:
Someone needs to make a .gif with Letters's head on someone being a living room ninja.
come at me bro
2cgbjgn.jpg

(yes, the game was actually displaying in the screen shadow the actual katana I was holding in my hand to slice pieces of fruit :lol)

Ruze789

Oozer3993 said:
Are Ruze789's shirts in the NeoGAF Shirt Store HaloGAF shirts?

Both the designs are currently on page 2 in the Neogaf store. Should be up towards the top, I see them in the 2nd and 3rd rows on my iphone.

I'll take a proper HaloGaf picture tomorrow AM. All my current pictures seem to be either nerdtastic with no face visible or a clear face with my baby girl or wife in them.

Tawpgun

Plywood said:
I do not condone this.

Actually you guys just sprung it on me out of nowhere though, "TEMPEST" in the game, "SLAYER UNLIMITED".

._.
I was busy rolling in the MLG Warthog. I saved the film too because those were some crazy hog shenanigans/physics that game.

Why Ghaleon why...lol

Anyways, I downloaded and looked through the presentation form Bungie about the flood levels from H3 (with that "prototype"/pretty obvious H2 level lol). Apparently, Floodgate and Cortana had to be dramatically reworked because they were not fun. They were not remotely fun in the final game, I can't imagine what they originally were like lol.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FyreWulff said:
Really fun customs there at the end guys. Good games
Only caught that Cat and Mouse game real quick was pretty fun, neat how they set it up so the Wraith gets stripped of everything and can only boost.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I don't get it... What did Ghal do?

And holy crap @ that cut Halo 2 level. Really interesting.

Plywood said:
Only caught that Cat and Mouse game real quick was pretty fun, neat how they set it up so the Wraith gets stripped of everything and can only boost.

It was really fun when everyone was in the Wraith and I was trying to dodge weave my way through them.

omg.kittens said:
And holy crap @ that cut Halo 2 level. Really interesting.

The more I see and here, the more I think that Halo 2 originally included pretty much everything in Halo 3 up to the killing of Truth (except for the part were the Ark was actually on earth and not just a portal to the Ark like it ended up being in H3).

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
FyreWulff said:

-snip

Nice.

Top Bottom