• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
CyReN said:
If it will be a good substitute then yea. The venue going to be LOUD so at least bring headphones even if they are closed ear. If you own Astros Headphones you can take it to their booth at the event and get them repaired/looked at.

Start splitting asap also, even if no one there's go into a unranked playlist and just practice with yourself and 1 person sitting idle.
Sounds good. My headset is the Sennheiser PC 350 btw. And yea I was thinking about signing in an idle controller too. I just might do that.

Letters said:
smq2k6.jpg

"I... I... I can't believe bloom is still in every playlist post-update. That Frankie guy must really hate me :( "
Pics with a puppy is not fair for 343i. They try to do sth. :[
so cute

Btw. lybertyboy , I saw your first Spoiler-/code, too.

HiredN00bs said:
What did he specifically say that has been refuted?
Something about how removing bloom was impossible because it was contained in the .map files in each map and it would require them to reship every map which would be about 8GB

Tashi0106 said:
Something something .map something something impossible something something 8gb
The only thing about .maps I recall is Dave Candland stating (and then later casting doubt on his statement) that new armor could no be reasonably added to the game. He said that all armor was embedded into each individual .map file. In order to add armor, he said, they would have to force users to download new maps to replace the existing ones on the disc.

thezerofire said:
Something about how removing bloom was impossible because it was contained in the .map files in each map and it would require them to reship every map which would be about 8GB
Was it in this or the last OT? We don't know that they've modified bloom yet, although, if they're not going to, BS Angel will become the scourge of the community for the "hints" she's been dropping.

Tawpgun

Tashi0106 said:
Something something .map something something impossible something something 8gb
He's probably happy that he was wrong. Who wouldn't be?

But he was still wrong. ololololol. Tag change would be funny.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
What did he specifically say that has been refuted?

He claimed some things were simply impossible without distributing 6GB+ of data to all users.

FyreWulff said:
What they could not change and still cannot change without breaking compatibility is anything like Rate of Fire and Bloom. These are client side functionality and would require both the client and the host to have the same patch to even work together. Not only that, but changing these items (and shipping new .maps) would make every content item pre-TU no longer compatible post-TU. Every film and map variant would be useless overnight. They're not going to throw out millions of community content items over that now, after Halo 3 didn't do it.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Why open ear? I prefer gaming with the 350 over the 555's.

Thanks for the info though, I should hit him up. I think I'm covered for free by Sennheiser though. My headset isn't even 3 months old.

CyReN

Tashi0106 said:

Thanks for the info though, I should hit him up. I think I'm covered for free by Sennheiser though. My headset isn't even 3 months old.

I didn't like the "under water" feeling.

Beaver Creek looks good. I'm still not seeing what I was hoping for, which is to tone down the circus act a bit. Hopefully we can see what TU gameplay looks like without AA.

Whoa. This is what I get for sleeping in until 2 p.m. (Which I NEED to stop doing. School and Halo Fest are coming up.)

Glad to see something tangible come out of Gamescom. My hype for Halo Fest has heightened exponentially.

ElzarTheBam said:

My God. Any word on how many players for consoles?

CyReN said:
Nice, I'll be working at the event for Reach. I arrive mid afternoon on Thursday. If this is your first event I HIGHLY recommend split practice before, even with a friend that's not so good so you can get used to it. Check out this thread on MLG if it is your first event.

I'll PM you my number, love to finally meet someone off this site. If you have any questions or anything feel free to hit me up. I'll be lanning H1 at nights too.
GAF Orlando MLG meetup confirmed. Heh.

Risen

Tashi0106 said:

In closed phones certain frequencies will resonate more than other causing reduced fidelity... open ear provide a more natural auditory environment - but truly unless you know what your listening for, closed sound better to a lot of folks, because sounds are isolated from background noise. Others won't like being so "closed off".

I used to mix sound for a friends band... I used Sennheiser cans and would switch from open to closed depending on what set or even room type in which they were playing.

Tawpgun

Me and a friend have a disagreement on something. I'm going to hold an impromptu poll here.

Do you/Have you ever experienced the input lag in fireight/coop? How often?

My friend claims he never has it and says most people don't and its just me and a few other people with "bad" connections, despite my connection being golden in regular matchmaking.

I say that a MAJORITY (more than 50%, which I say is a conservative estimate) experience it.

ElRenoRaven

A27 Tawpgun said:
Me and a friend have a disagreement on something. I'm going to hold an impromptu poll here.

My friend claims he never has it and says most people don't and its just me and a few other people with "bad" connections, despite my connection being golden in regular matchmaking.

I say that a MAJORITY (more than 50%, which I say is a conservative estimate) experience it.

Nope. I've honestly never had input lag.

A27 Tawpgun said:

I experience it nearly every time. It comes with being European: we get the hot women, the good food and the lag in Firefight matches.

Risen

A27 Tawpgun said:

I've never had a smooth FF game and definitely experience severe input lag. It's the same with co-op.

neoism

A27 Tawpgun said:
LOL. I remember lurking that thread too. Never realized how massive it was, holy shit.
yeah that thread was awesome.... insane how this one is about to beat it. Hell it didn't take long at all the get to OT6... well almost.

Karl2177

A27 Tawpgun said:

I've experienced it on my friend's 20/15 connection. It's closer to around 66% I'd say, because it happens off host, and there are 4 player and 2 player lists.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I was away for two hours, and the thread jumped ahead three pages. So much awesome info.

We should hold a Hands Across America prayer vigil starting and ending at PAX for bloom to be removed. Only our combined positive nerd energy will actualize it!

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Dani said:
He claimed some things were simply impossible without distributing 6GB+ of data to all users.
The joke is that many folks have obviously misinterpreted what he said, or stretched it to include stuff that he didn't include.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
On a serious note, I'm pulling for Bloom to stay. Just wait another year until Halo 4 if you don't want bloom. I don't want it to be changed so drastically.

Edit: hopefully the TU is small, I have only 40mb left on my HDD lol

Fyrewulf: "You're doomed."

Havok

A27 Tawpgun said:

If you don't have host in a Firefight or Campaign game, you're guaranteed to get at least the molasses-y input delay, unless you're both on fiber in the same town. Its the thing that most discourages me from playing Doubles. It's just the nature of the synchronous lockstep networking model, but it totally sucks when you get the short end of the stick.

A27 Tawpgun said:

literally every time I don't play Score Attack

Stalker I need to get that PTBI with FXAA working~! That shot makes Reach look great. Have you played a game on it though is it really feasible to play with it, like a truly low delay?

Edit: Got it, you cant have other things being streamed at the time. Or at least it wasn't working when I was streaming didn't do anything different today.

A27 Tawpgun said:

I live in Austin, TX and I normally don't have any input lag in either playlist (and I play a lot of both). I have been getting it more and more frequently lately, and it's pretty unbearable. I feel for my European brethren when it happens. I will say that the lag is more prevalent in Firefight than Campaign; I can't remember the last time I had a laggy game in Co-op.

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
literally every time I don't play Score Attack

Pretty much this, even when I'm host I still get slight delay in 4 player versions of FF.

Why does Horde in GoW not have this insane lag? I'm assuming it has something to do with the A.I.

Tawpgun

Ramirez said:
Pretty much this, even when I'm host I still get slight delay in 4 player versions of FF.

Why does Horde in GoW not have this insane lag? I'm assuming it has something to do with the A.I.
Speaking of Horde. We need a versus/beast mode in Halo 4. Make you play on the matchmaking network model, since there wouldn't be any AI. But the opposing team would play as different classes of covenant.

GhaleonEB said:
Curious whether we'll see a collector's edition for CEA. Though that runs counter to the budget title status, I'm sure it would move some units if the content was good. Maybe Cortana's bust. Wait, I mean a bust of Cortana.
Steelbook case would be sweet.

Woorloog

Banned
Ramirez said:

Different netcode implementation?
I recall something about "lockstep" netcode in Reach FF/Campaign... *shrug*
Definetly something that should be corrected for Halo 4, input lag ruins quite many FF matches.

Ramirez

A27 Tawpgun said:
Speaking of Horde. We need a versus/beast mode in Halo 4. Make you play on the matchmaking network model, since there wouldn't be any AI. But the opposing team would play as different classes of covenant.

I had high hopes that this was what Invasion was, a L4D type VS mode, would be insanely awesome. Take note 343. :p

Tashi0106 said:
Ah ok so one will die off. Ok so if I can be greedy and selfish for a second, I like the way Reach is. If a bloomless mode is introduced and MLG implements I'll be a sad sad person. I'll have to adjust though.

Yeah I can't help but think about the epic debate that will inevitably resurface within the MLG community if bloom is somehow altered and/or customizable options are added. Also Beaver Creek better be added to the MLG rotation or I will be a sad sad person.

Ramirez said:
I had high hopes that this was what Invasion was, a L4D type VS mode, would be insanely awesome. Take note 343. :p
While we are talking about cool mp modes. One thing that MW2 did right was the specops mode, shortbut tough coop missions. I would like to see this in Halo.

Ramirez

thezerofire said:
Wasn't there supposed to be Firefight Versus?

There is, but my idea was way more scoped out than playing FF on two sides. Have about 4 "campaign" missions where your job is to progress through the level while the human Covies try to stop you, just like L4D. Or you could do like MrBig said, have some smaller co-op missions like SpecOps and have people playing on both sides.

Top Bottom