• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Steelbook case would be sweet.
I'm such a sucker for steelbooks. I'm not tempted by the Skyrim LE in part because of the cardboard backing the games are in. Toss in a steelbook? I'm out $150.

I really wish all the Halo LE's would have come in one. Would have looked so great alongside the Halo 2 edition.
A27 Tawpgun said:
Me and a friend have a disagreement on something. I'm going to hold an impromptu poll here.

Do you/Have you ever experienced the input lag in fireight/coop? How often?

My friend claims he never has it and says most people don't and its just me and a few other people with "bad" connections, despite my connection being golden in regular matchmaking.

I say that a MAJORITY (more than 50%, which I say is a conservative estimate) experience it.

Prior to setting all search restrictions on: about 3/4 games had some, though most were quite playable.

After setting all search restrictions on: about 1/4 have noticable lag.

Since Firefight Doubles came out, when I started sticking to it: about 1/10 have noticable lag, a few bad connection weeks aside when my ISP was haywire.

GhaleonEB

Cocopjojo said:
The joke is that many folks have obviously misinterpreted what he said, or stretched it to include stuff that he didn't include.
I thought he was referring to content baked into the .map files, and I don't think anything TU related addresses that (HaloFest megaton pending). Though he got pretty specific in saying stuff like bloom couldn't be touched, unless I'm misreading Dani's quoted post.
lybertyboy said:
Done. All future gameplay footage will be from Living Dead playlist.
When the changes are implemented into matchmaking, just leave one "vanilla Reach" playlist up. Living Dead.

The rage on the forums alone would be enough to power all of Live's infastructure.

OuterWorldVoice said:
The TU applies to all Reach code. Not just the new maps. Changes for new maps could be used in old maps.
*snoopy dance*

Fuck yeah. Now just confirm that bloom has been nuked and I'll be really happy.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
You'd probably get more viewers.

I wish I was wrong. =/
Look at all those shelves and tunnels to camp in! Holy crap!!!1!

I have intentionally set my expectations on the TU to "reasonable". I refuse to lift them from that status, delightful teases be damned. I'm actually just as curious about the implementation of the changes as in the content of the TU itself. That will, in some ways, be the hard part.

PooBone

A27 Tawpgun said:
Me and a friend have a disagreement on something. I'm going to hold an impromptu poll here.

Do you/Have you ever experienced the input lag in fireight/coop? How often?

My friend claims he never has it and says most people don't and its just me and a few other people with "bad" connections, despite my connection being golden in regular matchmaking.

I say that a MAJORITY (more than 50%, which I say is a conservative estimate) experience it.
I have input lag any and every time I play firefight w/ anyone else online.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Homeboyd said:

95d07da64937e66b04644984192bb5c9075347e289f48895c76bd15e10b9d0974g.jpg

9361fcc8fd089ebcc485279cb137730ec79c8d4dd87663de379ef57651aef1484g.jpg

6529750520ee9c3f32edaef949fb00c3e0b3e65fa233eaeb50d0e26381a09e3e4g.jpg

2127fec669fbafbbf7c24dd49ee2fddbf4bbb4fafa8b84640aa6f32b5f87d40a4g.jpg

c0a4d045416b1cf63b7fa76b7f9a0ec5c756e10d20073125c42fc771d23e58eb4g.jpg

f7dddb74a4a953474039a0e6eed88ed978d165c44fa9d236b065ae324ad643c94g.jpg

46f2cc312580a07ec1ce8a6bedb32d19694c396bc58d108b2dd617a062478b6a4g.jpg

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
PooBone said:
Copy n quote please!

Game Informer said:
big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants big babypants

That's a pretty accurate summary.

PooBone said:
Copy n quote please!
"At this year's Gamescom, Microsoft showed off two Halo Anniversary multiplayer maps, Damnation and the awesomely renamed Beaver Creek (formerly known as Battle Creek).

Game Informer's seasoned reporter Jeff Cork saw both of them in action and had this to say: "The game will ship with updated versions of the original maps, running on the Halo: Reach engine. Reach players can download these maps, and there will be full compatibility between multiplayer on those two games. That also means that players will be able to use enhancements like jetpacks in those original maps, which really adds an extra dimension to the gameplay that fans are familiar with. For instance, that little sniper spot on Beaver Creek isn't quite as desirable now that players can simply rocket up to it. The game's classic mode isn't supported in multiplayer, but we'll have a chance to check it out this week."

It will be interesting to hear back, we're especially curious to see how the feature that allows you to seamlessly switch back and forth between the old-school graphics and the redone version works in real time. We're also eager to see how poorly Jeff fairs in the multiplayer. We predict he'll burst into tears about five minutes into his first match. What a big babypants."
Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/games/h...16/halo-anniversary-gamescom-impressions.aspx

feel

I'm on my cell, pretend this post is quoting the gameinformer part talking about the jetpack as an enhancement to the old maps, followed by a gagging.gif

same for dan ayoub's commentary in that Damnation vid.. I hope that's not really how he feels about it and was just promoting the maps to reach fans.. sigh

Tawpgun

Letters said:
I'm on my cell, pretend this post is quoting the gameinformer part talking about the jetpack as an enhancement to the old maps, and post a gagging.gif

same for dan ayoub's commentary in that Damnation vid.. I hope that's not really how he feels about it and was just promoting the maps to reach fans.. sigh
The article literally said
For instance, that little sniper spot on Beaver Creek isn't quite as desirable now that players can simply rocket up to it.

smh

Letters said:
I'm on my cell, pretend this post is quoting the gameinformer part talking about the jetpack as an enhancement to the old maps, followed by a gagging.gif

Crap. Didn't know that David Ellis has a second identity.
I hope you're talking about the IGN video. If not, I blame myself

ElRenoRaven

wwm0nkey said:
Morgan Webb sucks

I could say something but I won't. You just keep on hating. Between her and Alison Haislip G4 is great watching. Even oh what's her name. The new chick on AOTS is decent looking.

PooBone

PsychoRaven said:
I could say something but I won't. You just keep on hating. Between her and Alison Haislip G4 is great watching. Even oh what's her name. The new chick on AOTS is decent looking.
I miss Olivia Munn, but Morgan Webb looks like a dude, and talks like she's reading a book to toddlers.

wwm0nkey

PsychoRaven said:
See she is a TERRIBLE host though and knows nothing about games. On a gaming network I rather you know have someone that knows what they are talking about.

When someone calls a Mario game "too kiddy" all respect is lost for them, the recent Megaman Legends 3 statement didn't help her track record either.

Thematically yes Mario is kiddie.

Underlying theme of a regular working man trying to get some pussy from a douchebag (Bowser) With some drug references. Not so kiddy. Stuff you'd only realize as an adult. Like Winnie the Pooh just trying to get some "Honey"

In terms of a challenge its very kid oriented. Game doesn't really get any teeth until the last level, world, section in almost every single Mario game. Even then the average person would probably only die a few times each level.

Is what she said wrong, not really. I'd say Mario 3 was the last "Mans" Mario, everything since has been fluff.

Top Bottom