• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Awesome Barlow said:
Hahaha. Today after all of that working to get my XBC set up I finally had it running and everyone just said "Hey, let's go play Reach".
Not everyone. In fact "let's play Reach" would be THE most improbable thing to leave my mouth while playing Halo 2. Those damn cR...

Trasher

Nutter said:
Because I love you.. and because I was bored.

448d2a998f09c3d9e970277401c646a79e653af5810bb8d89d274ae0b0e109b84g.jpg

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PROPER BOX SIZE
There are no BRs in Halo. Nice try, but poor execution I'm afraid.

Ramirez said:
I got the American Apparel, did not make the mistake of going with a small size, these things shrink like nobodies business, I can't wear any of the PAX 08 shirts anymore. I can semi wear the large PAS shirt, but it's pretty tight, but I like my shirts to be kind of loose fitting anyways. Anyways, got an XL in this, fits perfectly. No idea if this will help you, but I wear a L in Nike brand stuff and XL in Jordan shirts, sizes vary so wildly from brand to brand. =\

As for pics, I'm way too lazy for that.
Hmmmm. I didn't realize you liked the bigger style of shirts ha. I'm usually a small or medium depending on the brand. An XL would be way too loose and big for my liking I'm sure. My PAX shirts still fit me well and I think they were mediums. So it's confirmed that these AA shirts will shrink quite a bit?

Tunavi

Banned
Until the TU hits, I'm going to play a lot more sprint-only competitive customs. Too many AA's in matchmaking. Let me know if you guys are down

Hey You

wwm0nkey said:
Happens in any current game, its very very annoying, get it in Bad Company 2 and Call of Duty as well.
I know I'm late, but I've been noticing this as well. It was happening in CoD and Halo, tried it in two different xboxes and thought it was my disc.

Tunavi said:
also, hahahahah at juice's video

"all i had was a dmr" lol
Still, the guy actually did pretty well. His teammates weren't that good and and he broke even playing against a full team of 6 competent players camping his team. I'm gonna have to give him the +1 on this one.

Deputy Moonman said:
Still, the guy actually did pretty well. His teammates weren't that good and and he broke even playing against a full team of 6 competent players camping his team. I'm gonna have to give him the +1 on this one.

Guy who went even was Illusion he stuck around losing going negative for a couple games. Mad guy was maxgriggs he went -23 and told us to go get trueskill in CoD.

xxjuicesxx said:
Guy who went even was Illusion he stuck around losing going negative for a couple games. Mad guy was maxgriggs he went -23 and told us to go get trueskill in CoD.
Ah. Got the players mixed up.
Dani said:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/iamnotevilness/vlcsnap-2011-08-20-06h55m04s88.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
I watched the trailer, but I have no idea who that guy is.

Monocle

Schmitty said:
You guys really liked the HF trailer music that much? Sounded like usual classical trailer/movie music. Nothing too good.
It's not Marty caliber, you understand, but I dig it quite a lot, yeah. I confess that music in that vein is my weakness.

Monocle

Tunavi said:
Q3fIS.png

Yeah he mad
I'm astonished that game developers from every country aren't kicking down this guy's door in hysterical desperation to let the golden nectar of his wisdom flood their eardrums.

PNut

Banned
Why does no one remember that Halo 3 MM has no AA's and you don't need any weird software programs to find matches? It also features great maps, Master Chief, BR's and you can jump high.

Add me if you want to play sometime.

Striker

PNut said:
Why does no one remember that Halo 3 MM has no AA's and you don't need any weird software programs to find matches? It also features great maps, Master Chief, BR's and you can jump high.
Agreed!

Tunavi

Banned
halo 3 sucks.

bad netcode (with low population), AR starts everywhere, non hitscan, and the maps are the worst in the series.

Kujo

Tunavi said:
bad netcode (with low population), AR starts everywhere, non hitscan, and the maps are the worst in the series.
Agreed!

(well except that any H3 map is better than a Forge map)

The shit maps in reach are worse than the shit maps in h3. I disagree Tunavi, especially when it comes to big team. I'd take the crappiest big team maps in H3 over Trident, Spire, Boneyard, Breakpoint, Utopie, must I continue?

Tunavi

Banned
meh, just my opinion. I'm not implying that Reach has the best maps either. Both Reach and 3 have their fair share of good and bad maps. And Reach BTB would be much better if it were DLC required.

Also, this game is going to rock when the bloom is gone.

Kibbles

Tunavi said:
halo 3 sucks.

MLG really improves it.

It's hard for me to rate Reach maps since the gameplay is just not good ole Halo fun in general.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Live was playing up. But now it seems better. But now it is time for me to follow more of Tyrion's dwarven whorescapades.

Watching or reading?

Tashi0106 said:
Backpack was too small bro, get better.

trollface.jpg

Tunavi said:
halo 3 sucks.

Yep, except for the maps being the worst in the series. The maps suck in Halo 3, but in Reach they are just awful.

Halo 3's map list was fine by the end of its lifecycle (once, e.g., Standoff, Citadel, and Heretic were added). The default selection was about the same quality as Reach's, except that there was a stellar BTB map (Valhalla), and just more maps in general, which is where Reach really suffered.

I mean it still suffers when you consider how reliant the playlists are, even today, on Forge World maps.

Ramirez

Trasher said:

Hmmmm. I didn't realize you liked the bigger style of shirts ha. I'm usually a small or medium depending on the brand. An XL would be way too loose and big for my liking I'm sure. My PAX shirts still fit me well and I think they were mediums. So it's confirmed that these AA shirts will shrink quite a bit?

We must be built completely different, I'd probably rip a small before it got over my shoulders, all the mediums I have from PAX 08 were simply unwearable after they were washed, and I only weighed like 150 back then. :p

I just don't like tight clothing...

Tunavi said:

Agreed but underneath all those problems is a pretty damn good game. Gaf should do Halo 3 customs some time at least that way we will avoid the bad matchmaking playlist set ups. I also disagree about the maps, if we played Customs we could play on the good maps, maps like The Pit which put all Reach maps to shame.

Until the TU hits Halo 3 is the better game in my opinion, anyone else up for Halo 3 customs sometime? Pnut I think ill have to add you. :p

Schmitty

Trasher said:

The AA shirts are 50% cotton, so they shouldn't shrink. I have quite a few and I always just throw them into the dryer. Of course, you could always drip dry them

I can't believe some of you are going through the hassle with XBC/Xlink Kai. That was such a pain in my ass when I tried to use it for Monster Hunter

Schmitty said:
You guys really liked the HF trailer music that much? Sounded like usual classical trailer/movie music. Nothing too good.
That's because it is. It's by Two Steps From Hell, who also did the music used for the Star Trek trailers and the launch trailer for Mass Effect 2. It's called Undying Love.

JMizzlin

H3 maps were incredible, with the exception of Isolation.
I find myself reaching for razor blades every time people don't veto Hemorrhage.

In my opinion, Halo 3 starter maps were far better then Reach's. Pinnacle, the cage, paradiso, boardwalk, boneyard and spire are all bad (the invasion maps only work in Invasion). Then we have Countdown which suffers greatly from campers and nade spam, reflection is ruined by the jetpack, Zealot also has a lot of nade spam and Hemmorhage is ruined by the big range of the DMR and campers. The only map I think has no problems is Asylum (didn't play Halo 2 multiplayer so I don't know how it's supposed to be)
Really, the only Reach maps (DLC not included) I like are Zealot, Asylum, Countdown and reflection despite their flaws.

Halo 3 on the other hand had great release maps like the Pit, Guardian and Valhalla. In my opnion, non of the release Reach maps come close to them. Then we have Construct, Sandtrap, Narrows, High Ground and Last Resort as maps which I would put in the same tire as the Reach maps I like. Then Snowbound, Isolation and Epitaph are left for me as the bad maps in Halo 3.

This is also one of the main thing reach suffers from, as pointed out before; bad maps.

these were all my opnions, but from my years playing Halo 3, I think the opnionens about these maps are a decent refelction from the higher level Halo 3 players

I do have hope for reach's map though. The DLC maps made by Certain Affinety were of good quallity so if that trend stays, and new DLC maps are actually released, we can get some more good maps for Reach's matchmaking.

Top Bottom