• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

heckfu

Banned
twitter: heckfu. mine isn't about halo though...mostly politics and daily musings while driving.

also, i'm in for customs if it isn't over XBC (damn you steve jobs and your brilliant computer not allowing xbc to work).

Tawpgun

Sai-kun said:
also lmao @ devin almost drunk posting. I save all my drunk posting for other, lesser forums :lol
forums.gaga.net?

ololol

Also rant time.

I finally. After all these months. Got the Onyx dome inspector firefight commendation.

>mfw only 2000 credits.

HOod9.jpg

seriously. What the hell is the point of commendations. One of the most useless parts of Reach.

Karl2177

Gabotron ES said:
Halo 3 customs would be cool, I haven't played Halo 3 multiplayer since Reach launched : /
You will love the netcode. I honestly do not know how I used to play on that.

A27 Tawpgun said:
I finally. After all these months. Got the Onyx dome inspector firefight commendation.

>mfw only 2000 credits.

http://i.imgur.com/EIRkq.gif[/im]

seriously. What the hell is the point of commendations. One of the most useless parts of Reach.[/QUOTE]
They were cool at the start, but grew old over time. If they continued at a steady rate instead of exponentially, you'd appreciate them some more.

If anyone is traveling American Airlines, I just read that you can print your boarding pass within 24 hours of your flight. That's better than walking around trying to get it before your flight leaves, especially if it's early in the morning. Here are the details.

Ramirez said:
Just so I'm certain here, they do have kiosks at the airport to print out your boarding passes, correct?
From what other people have said, yes, I believe so. I've never flown in an airplane before, so I'm not going to take chances. I want to have everything ready before I get to the airport.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:
If anyone is traveling American Airlines, I just read that you can print your boarding pass within 24 hours of your flight. That's better than walking around trying to get it before your flight leaves, especially if it's early in the morning. Here are the details.

Just so I'm certain here, they do have kiosks at the airport to print out your boarding passes, correct?

heckfu

Banned
Ramirez said:

oh at most airports, yeah. and i'm pretty sure AA or Delta have an iPad app and can scan your boarding pass on your iPad. brother just got done flying atl -> chicago and vice versa and used that route.

feel

Karl2177 said:
You will love the netcode. I honestly do not know how I used to play on that.
I guess I just dreamed those thousands of MM games without connection problems, and hundreds of gaf customs ones.

Really now..

Tonight should be the last night to do customs before we all cry our man tears out at Halo Fest or from a far on our computers.

So get on tonight and lets playyyy

GhaleonEB

Gui_PT said:
I don't have this Twitter you kids keep talking about.

Is it worth creating an account for the internet twittering?

Oy I feel old.
I'm an old curmudgeon by internet standards and don't touch most social networking sites, but I've been enjoying Twitter. It's a good way to keep tabs on some people/sites/topics I'm interested in.

Ramirez

A27_StarWolf said:
Tonight should be the last night to do customs before we all cry our man tears out at Halo Fest or from a far on our computers.

So get on tonight and lets playyyy

1v1 EazyB, tonight!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm down for customs tonight.

Edit: I'm talkin' about Reach customs. Still can't get Halo 2 to work on Windows 7, goddam Bungle.

Hitmonchan107 said:
Now when we are talking about flights. Did anyone fly with Delta Airlines? They will have my life for 10hours in their hands.

Zoolader

I'm looking at the guide for XBC and it looks simple enough, how long should it take to set up? I'll take a much needed break from my forge map for some halo 1 and 2 customs tonight. That forge map might never get released, I've been working on it since Reach launched.

MrBig

Zoolader said:
I'm looking at the guide for XBC and it looks simple enough, how long should it take to set up? I'll take a much needed break from my forge map for some halo 1 and 2 customs tonight. That forge map might never get released, I've been working on it since Reach launched.
All it takes is the time to install the program. Then as long as your 360 and computer are on the same wired LAN there should be no problems.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Now when we are talking about flights. Did anyone fly with Delta Airlines? They will have my life for 10hours in their hands.
Most American airlines are terrible. You have my condolences.

kylej

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
forums.gaga.net?

ololol

Also rant time.

>mfw only 2000 credits.

HOod9.jpg

seriously. What the hell is the point of commendations. One of the most useless parts of Reach.

I was gonna post a pic of Luke to troll, but when I googled his name I discovered he has his own wikipedia article.

On the actual real Wikipedia. What in the world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Smith_(writer)

Can't believe its been 4 and a half years since that dude left 1up. Time flies.

Booshka

I have Halo CE and Halo 2 (with all the maps). I have the H2 maps on my 360, where I will probably play it, but for H1 I will have to play on OG Xbox, because 360 emulation sucks. My XBC name is Booshka, add me on there.

kylej said:
Can't believe its been 4 and a half years since that dude left 1up. Time flies.
Don't forget about his Gears 2 rant I was telling you about. Classic stuff.

ZZMitch said:
I would like to join GAF customs for the first time :)

When usually?
Generally in about 4 hours. Can be sporadic, but the increase in HaloGAF population has helped that.

ZZMitch

Zeouterlimits said:
Don't forget about his Gears 2 rant I was telling you about. Classic stuff.

Generally in about 4 hours. Can be sporadic, but the increase in HaloGAF population has helped that.
Alright, cool. Should I send a friend request to someone or something? My gamertag is ZZMitch.

Woorloog

Banned
Going online now, i have a guest with me but he's good, so don't worry, in case i happen to play with you.

BTW, can someone invite me? But not to party chat as my guest cannot talk otherwise

Zoolader

MrBig said:
All it takes is the time to install the program. Then as long as your 360 and computer are on the same wired LAN there should be no problems.

Thanks I'm installing it and a pop askes me if I want to use the default pSDK driver or WinPcap driver. The next screen asks me if I want to install Winpcap, regardless of my previous decision. Suggestions?

MrBig

Zoolader said:
Thanks I'm installing it and a pop askes me if I want to use the default pSDK driver or WinPcap driver. The next screen asks me if I want to install Winpcap, regardless of my previous decision. Suggestions?
Do not change anything from the default settings. Install WinPcap and pSDK.

Homeboyd

I've been so hyped for the CEA news that I forgot about Halo 4 being "shown" at Halo Fest. Wonder what they'll have ready to show us. New trailer? Campaign cutscene? Feature tease?

Either way, next weekend. It's on.

Ramirez

Hitmonchan107 said:

From what other people have said, yes, I believe so. I've never flown in an airplane before, so I'm not going to take chances. I want to have everything ready before I get to the airport.

Get ready for your butt to pucker on takeoff/landing.

Homeboyd said:
I've been so hyped for the CEA news that I forgot about Halo 4 being "shown" at Halo Fest. Wonder what they'll have ready to show us. New trailer? Campaign cutscene? Feature tease?

Either way, next weekend. It's on.
I think you are expecting too much for the Halo 4 panel. :^).
Shit I'm doing the realistic smilies now, too. Damn you Hitmonchan

Tha Robbertster said:
In my opinion, Halo 3 starter maps were far better then Reach's. Pinnacle, the cage, paradiso, boardwalk, boneyard and spire are all bad (the invasion maps only work in Invasion). Then we have Countdown which suffers greatly from campers and nade spam, reflection is ruined by the jetpack, Zealot also has a lot of nade spam and Hemmorhage is ruined by the big range of the DMR and campers. The only map I think has no problems is Asylum (didn't play Halo 2 multiplayer so I don't know how it's supposed to be)
Really, the only Reach maps (DLC not included) I like are Zealot, Asylum, Countdown and reflection despite their flaws.

Halo 3 on the other hand had great release maps like the Pit, Guardian and Valhalla. In my opnion, non of the release Reach maps come close to them. Then we have Construct, Sandtrap, Narrows, High Ground and Last Resort as maps which I would put in the same tire as the Reach maps I like. Then Snowbound, Isolation and Epitaph are left for me as the bad maps in Halo 3.

This is also one of the main thing reach suffers from, as pointed out before; bad maps.

these were all my opnions, but from my years playing Halo 3, I think the opnionens about these maps are a decent refelction from the higher level Halo 3 players

I do have hope for reach's map though. The DLC maps made by Certain Affinety were of good quallity so if that trend stays, and new DLC maps are actually released, we can get some more good maps for Reach's matchmaking.

I agree with this very much. The lack of shipped maps permanently hurt Reach population, and then add on the perk-style abilities, move away from the time-proven BR, and that explains the rest.

The Social slayer playlist alone in Halo 3 had 50-60k people in it on any given night. That is the total population for Reach most nights!

Microsoft should make the Reach DLC free. Premium battle averages ~600 people.

Tawpgun

BackdoorBeauty said:
I agree with this very much. The lack of shipped maps permanently hurt Reach population, and then add on the perk-style abilities, move away from the time-proven BR, and that explains the rest.

The Social slayer playlist alone in Halo 3 had 50-60k people in it on any given night. That is the total population for Reach most nights!

Microsoft should make the Reach DLC free. Premium battle averages ~600 people.
They counted it differently.

Gui_PT

GhaleonEB said:
I'm an old curmudgeon by internet standards and don't touch most social networking sites, but I've been enjoying Twitter. It's a good way to keep tabs on some people/sites/topics I'm interested in.

Dumb question, because I've never used twitter or even seen anyone use it. Can I just add people to a "follow" list and their updates will automatically show up?

MrBig said:
24 hour total count vs. people currently playing in a matchmaking game.

Interesting. So the per-playlist population value displayed in-game for Halo 3 is a 24 hour total count? I did not know that.

The population heatmap always made it look like they just tracked people in matchmaking in real time:

3daysofhalo.gif

Top Bottom