• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
BackdoorBeauty said:
Interesting. So the per-playlist population value displayed in-game for Halo 3 is a 24 hour total count? I did not know that.

It wasn't a 24 hour count. Halo 3's tally was taken over window of time several hours long. With Reach, our engineers were able to make improvements that brought the window down to just a few minutes.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I think I'm about to hop on the Twitter bandwagon. I wanna share pics and stuff from Raleigh and I figured this would be the best way to do it.

@Tashi0106

urk said:
It wasn't a 24 hour count. Halo 3's tally was taken over window of time several hours long. With Reach, our engineers were able to make improvements that brought the window down to just a few minutes.

Well I consider myself officially schooled, then!

I still think the DLC should be free or nearly so.. I say this as someone who has already bought both map packs.

senador

Banned
Letters said:
And at least some of you must have iphone 4s or other high end phones, no excuses for shit quality video, and how about streaming bits of halofest live for us using the jtv or ustream apps?? lol

A little late on this, but please take video in landscape mode! The vertical aspect ration from iPhone and other phones is crappy and unconventional.

Ramirez said:
Get ready for your butt to pucker on takeoff/landing.
Errrrr......

That was a disturbing image. :lol

Planning on streaming from a camcorder/video camera. Do you guys prefer ustream or jtv? I remember one of them had an asinine amount of ads.

CyReN said:
Got my new controller :)

2zntj04.jpg

Wireless? WTF?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
BackdoorBeauty said:
Well I consider myself officially schooled, then!

I still think the DLC should be free or nearly so.. I say this as someone who has already bought both map packs.
Yeah, free DLC would be awesome.

MrDaravon

Has anyone here very recently gotten Stockpile in Matchmaking who can confirm for me what playlist it's in? I'm OCD and the only Reach achievement I'm missing is the 4 flags at once one. With there being nowhere that official playlist data is being posted at the moment I cannot confirm, and people on the internet are telling me different stories about where it is located. I've had people swear it's only in SWAT, or only in BTB, or only in Objective. I've done a bunch of all 3 and have not seen it pop even once as an option and it's infuriating. I fully expect once it does show up it will be Veto'd, or if not my team will be terrible and I won't get it anyway -_-

Havok

SailorDaravon said:
Has anyone here very recently gotten Stockpile in Matchmaking who can confirm for me what playlist it's in? I'm OCD and the only Reach achievement I'm missing is the 4 flags at once one. With there being nowhere that official playlist data is being posted at the moment I cannot confirm, and people on the internet are telling me different stories about where it is located. I've had people swear it's only in SWAT, or only in BTB, or only in Objective. I've done a bunch of all 3 and have not seen it pop even once as an option and it's infuriating. I fully expect once it does show up it will be Veto'd, or if not my team will be terrible and I won't get it anyway -_-
Big Team and SWAT only. It was in Objective until the purging that simply removed it instead of putting it on maps that actually made sense (The same update added Evade loadouts. Good stuff.).

Are you talking about 'You Ate All the Chips' or 'Candy from a Baby'? The latter can be achieved in a custom game as long as you have the Bungie-authored matchmaking gametype (here), if that helps. The chances of the people in those playlists voting for it even if it shows up are extremely low.

MrDaravon

Havok said:
Big Team and SWAT only. It was in Objective until the purging that simply removed it instead of putting it on maps that actually made sense (The same update added Evade loadouts. Good stuff.).

That's actually more depressing as we play mostly BTB and haven't seen it even once since I started playing again about a week and a half ago :(

And yeah I'm talking about the Ate All the Chips, that's the only one I'm missing.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like Twitter for announcements and headlines, but having any sort of conversation on there is cumbersome as hell. Yall should get on Google+ and nerd out over Halo with me! There's a few 343 and Bungie staffers on there, but they're barely using it, unfortunately.

If you add me, let me know you're from GAF if it isn't already mentioned on your profile.

Zoolader

I'm on the verge of giving up on XBC. There is an error message I get "missing npptools.DLL" and I also can't locate my xbox when searching for device. I've tried reinstalling XBC and disabling my firewall. Anybody here have these problems before?

GhaleonEB

ChenK said:
Is that a hint for things to come next week?
I don't think Bungie has anything to do with HaloFest, outside of their panel. Urk is just echoing the sentiment.

Free Destiny DLC confirmed.

GhaleonEB said:
I don't think Bungie has anything to do with HaloFest, outside of their panel. Urk is just echoing the sentiment.

Letters said:
nah, he's just a clueless halogaffer now, just stating his wish

That did occur to me, but I'd also be mildly surprised if Urk was as clueless as we are, given that the handover was so recent and the good relationship between 343 and Bungie.

feel

ChenK said:
That did occur to me, but I'd also be mildly surprised if Urk was as clueless as we are, given that the handover was so recent and the good relationship between 343 and Bungie.
True

urk said:

Also, that explains why Reach's 24 hour counts are no different from Halo 3's a year after launch. Around 600k users per day..

wwm0nkey

Zoolader said:
Thanks for all the help halogaf! All I had to do was download the newest version of WinPcap and it looks like it solved both of my problems! They should update the download link on XBC.
XBC in general needs to be updated lol

EDIT: Actually im kind of shocked MS didnt make an official tool like this since you know all the original XBL titles are down.

urk said:
Oh, I'm more clueless than anybody.

Dreamcrusher.png

I fired up Halo PC just now for the first time in a while, I had forgotten just how laggy that was, but it was nice to relive the awesomeness that was the first-person hog passenger view while playing race.

vhfive said:
too bad this season is not looking so good.

Don't remind me :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
How does this twitter work? Ghaleon sent me a little "howdy" but I only saw it when I went to his twitter. How do I see it on mine?

Why was flagstravaganza a temporary playlist?

I loved that shit. It had a perfect amount of Stockpile mixed in with all the traditional flag modes, and various options for weapons/loadouts.

Jumped back into Halo 3 for awhile and back to Reach and realized that I'll miss bloom if they do eventually phase it out based on popularity.

I like the added situational awareness and calm-under-fire necessary to time your shots. I like how it forces teams to really work together, since it's much more difficult to DMR their way out of 2-on-1s and 3-on-1s (unless the skill gap in aiming and experience is large enough, of course).

In Halo 3, once the battles initiate, and you decide which of your two weapons you're going to need for the job, and how you're going to try and maneuver the battle in your favor, the actual shooting feels kind of like auto-pilot by comparison. Maybe it's just getting into a 'zone' or something, but always feel in the moment in Reach, where I start thinking about my next move half way through BR battles in H3.

Ah well.

Tashi0106 said:
How does this twitter work? Ghaleon sent me a little "howdy" but I only saw it when I went to his twitter. How do I see it on mine?
You can see it if you press on Mention in the Tasklist. Otherwise I highly recommend you to download a Twitter app for your browser/desktop or mobile phone. I prefer Tweetdeck.

vhfive

Tashi0106 said:
lol
you have to "follow" people to see what they say. you can also click your "@Mentions" tab to see tweets directed at you

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
OuterWorldVoice said:
Next he will be asking us to fix our shit.

:-(

I ran into Ellis at the QFC last month. He was buying tortilla chips, but I still totally got him to sign my bottle of wine.

(squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

Hey You

The Antitype said:
Why was flagstravaganza a temporary playlist?

I loved that shit. It had a perfect amount of Stockpile mixed in with all the traditional flag modes, and various options for weapons/loadouts.
It was only meant to be temporarily, to test out the new gametypes I guess. I loved it, community maps in objective? nom nom. I guess the population didn't hold up for it to stick around permanently. I think if they added all CTF gametypes and continue to add community maps, it could have potential.

urk said:
I ran into Ellis at the QFC last month. He was buying tortilla chips, but I still totally got him to sign my bottle of wine.

(squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)
You didn't ask him for the 343i exclusive Rainbow Armor? Or for TU details?

Top Bottom