• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Hypertrooper said:
You didn't ask him for the 343i exclusive Rainbow Armor? Or for TU details?

I was too nervous! I couldn't even manage to hand him the poem I'd written for his beard. :(

Hypertrooper said:
You didn't ask him for the 343i exclusive Rainbow Armor? Or for TU details?
lol so 343i is Team Renly?

vhfive said:
:lol

are we ever going to play trenched again? :(

For sure dude, I have just had Halo on the brain with the fest coming up. We need to get a team of 4 going and then found out the cheat code that lets us all combine into Voltron.

urk said:
I was too nervous! I couldn't even manage to hand him the poem I'd written for his beard. :(

Something along these lines??

I love your beard, Dave,
It looks so soft and furry,
Why don't you sign my beef jerky?

(beef jerky was the only foodstuff that I could think of that rhymed with furry, but it broke my haiku).

Tashi0106 said:
I tried replacing it and said it out loud, but signing curry sounded odd.

urk said:
I truly understand this. Every day I'm seeing Justin Bieber 14 times and I not have the heart to ask him for autograph. :^(

vhfive said:
:lol

are we ever going to play trenched again? :(
WTF is Trenched? Your Americans with your abnormal names. We all know that the game is called Iron Brigade.
Such a shitty name for us Europeans...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
ChenK said:

I love your beard, Dave,

(beef jerky was the only foodstuff that I could think of that rhymed with furry, but it broke my haiku).
Curry?

vhfive

ChenK said:

I love your beard, Dave,

I ask you humbly
Let me bask in your presence
Bacon bourbon beard

EDIT: ;)

Another rendered clip in gif form for you guys featuring a stellar display of teamwork.

halogifinhd.gif

Went against a full team of jetpackers in Arena today on Reflection........*sigh*. I hope 343 realizes that certain maps just don't play well, competitively speaking, with jetpack loadouts. (I'm looking at you Uncaged)

Is it time for Pax yet?

*checks calendar*

:(

Credit limits are stupid. Take them off.

You make an incentive/reward program to keep players playing and then cap it? Hows that make sense anymore since theres no real cheat to get infinite credits daily. Seems like its working as intended, remove the cap.

Thank you, that is all.

Woorloog

Banned
Okay... Zombies related request: Friendly Fire off because accidental betrayals are annoying and griefing is too common AND betrayal booting online just in case someone manages to betray without FF.

Philia

xxjuicesxx said:
Credit limits are stupid. Take them off.

You make an incentive/reward program to keep players playing and then cap it? Hows that make sense anymore since theres no real cheat to get infinite credits daily. Seems like its working as intended, remove the cap.

Thank you, that is all.

Are you talking about the Daily cap? Isn't it already like 120k or something ridiculous? I completely agree with you, but it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to actually hit that in one day.

Kuroyume

Banned
I played a bit yesterday. Very rough as I haven't played much in a while. That jetpack shit on small maps like Reflection needs to go along with Evade. Shit leaves you agitated at the end of matches. There I was running around with the fucking pistol trying to kill people while some douchebag was using jetpack, dropping nades, and just laying on the AR trigger. Dude goes positive 24 or something like that. Such cheese. Totally futile to even bother with the pistol when you're up against that shit.

Give me back my beta pistol.

wwm0nkey said:
That really sucks, dont know why it doesn't seem to work.

Yeah in fact I had the port forwarding first. Then I took off the firewalls on everything. Still no dice. Something else is wrong, can't figure it out.

I never use Twitter to say anything and most of the time I don't even think to check it. But I'm following a bunch of you now so beware...

Dax01 said:
Whenever I go back to Halo 1 and fight the Flood, as compared to Halo 3, I always feel limited in the way I can fight them. No headshots and melee is useless against them. Halo 3 had the better Flood despite the long-range jerks.
It's all about the arm shots. you're doing it wrong. Did no one else see how many Flood they could get to follow them around by getting pistol shots on the arms?

Anyway, I liked the idea of the Flood having a different genetic makeup which made normal things like melee and head shots not as effective. I also liked that once you killed a flood its body remained and didn't disappear into dust like Halo2's Flood. I hated Flood in Halo2. I always thought they were CE try-hards. The Flood in 3 were improved, but I still like the original Flood best.

Kuroyume

Banned
343 look at the crap people have to pull to attempt to play the best Halo multiplayer game. It's ridiculous. Halo's anniversary should have been celebrated with a Halo 2 remake.

I mean I still want to play the remake it looks great and all, just saying H2 would have been nicer.

Booshka

Kuroyume said:
343 look at the crap people have to pull to attempt to play the best Halo multiplayer game. It's ridiculous. Halo's anniversary should have been celebrated with a Halo 1 remake.

I mean I still want to play the remake it looks great and all, just saying H1 would have been nicer.
fixed

kylej

Banned
The Antitype said:
Why was flagstravaganza a temporary playlist?

Some of Shishka's cruelest work were the fleeting Team Flag weekends of H3. Save the Flags.

Also I was looking through my Halo 3 profile and saw this.

FRANKIE.png

343 pages of matchmaking history. It was destiny all along.

If the flood is in Halo 4, 343 could do some completely new things with them. Forerunner flood: As forerunners are waaaaaaaay smarter then human or covenant, the flood forms of them could perhaps be smart enough to use forerunner armor or accuraly aim weapons and proper usage of vehicles. We could still have some basic forms but the new forms could be very interisting.

GhaleonEB

Philia said:
Are you talking about the Daily cap? Isn't it already like 120k or something ridiculous? I completely agree with you, but it seems like it would be incredibly difficult to actually hit that in one day.
At my current rank, I get about 8,000 cR per Firefight Doubles game and around 6,000 cR for a game in Premium Battle. Toss in some Challenges and I can hit the cap in about 3 4-5 hours.

Zoolader

wwm0nkey said:
Damn maybe its just something with your router that doesnt let it it use XBC.

Well the only other thing I can think of is maybe a problem with how his setup is configured. If he is using an OG xbox, I think he needs a lan adapter that were used for connecting xboxes. If he is using a 360 its best to have both 360 and computer wired to the router. Is there any specific error messages? What is the issue exactly, like are you not able to locate the xbox itself?

I'll be down for customs after these tacos and beers are in my belly.

Zoolader said:
Well the only other thing I can think of is maybe a problem with how his setup is configured. If he is using an OG xbox, I think he needs a lan adapter that were used for connecting xboxes. If he is using a 360 its best to have both 360 and computer wired to the router. Is there any specific error messages? What is the issue exactly, like are you not able to locate the xbox itself?

I'll be down for customs after these tacos and beers are in my belly.

lol "he."

Anyway both things are wired to the router. No specific error messages just that I can't join the party. Everything up to that works. I see the parties in system link, I cannot join them.

Philia

GhaleonEB said:
At my current rank, I get about 8,000 cR per Firefight Doubles game and around 6,000 cR for a game in Premium Battle. Toss in some Challenges and I can hit the cap in about 3 hours.

Wow, this shows how long it has been since I played, everybody must just be a way higher rank. In matchmaking I'm clearing only about 2500-3000 on average.

FyreWulff

Good games, would like a bit more variety next time though

I'm always up for Halo 2 Vista by the way

edit: also next time throw a pass on the lobby just so we don't get the revolving door of modded profile names :lol

feel

Thanks for the games wwm0nkey and Fyrewulff (don't remember recognizing any other names), had a really great time. <3

I hope 343i don't forget to play some Halo 2 multiplayer to get some inspiration for Halo 4.

v We played a ton of battle riffle FFA on midship and lockout, you did fine in my book :p

wwm0nkey

Im not the best at hosting games, one of you should try it next lol

Oh also whoever is going to PAX, they are giving away CS:GO beta keys if you play one round of it...someone should get me a key :)

FyreWulff

It also reminded me that I really need to get around to building a new computer so I can actually buy a direct capture card or device worth more than 5$

The 360 Live cam is decent, but going above 320x200 really taxes my computer :( It can supposedly do up to 720p though.

Zoolader

Devolution said:
lol "he."

Anyway both things are wired to the router. No specific error messages just that I can't join the party. Everything up to that works. I see the parties in system link, I cannot join them.

Oops sorry I forgot you were a woman. AND wow I actually just noticed your avatar doesn't have hair but a face covered in kittens! I just got xbc working today so I hardly know how to help... hmmm you are in system link on the in-game menu before searching on xbc right?

Top Bottom