• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

So my school issued a "voluntary evacuation" earlier today because of Irene. Contemplating if I wanna go home or not. I really don't feel like driving two hours to go home, stay for a day, then driving two hours back. On the other hand, if I stay here, the power might go out, and I'll miss any news about HaloFest.

Hm....

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Since I've been asked a bunch of times why there isn't a Resolution option for my stream but there is for others I decided to give JTV/Twitch.tv an email and ask for one. I had heard it was in a beta. Turns out you need to be a partner to get that and a few other features. Here's how you become a partner.

Twitch.tv said:
To qualify as a TwitchTV Partner, you must meet...

ALL of the following requirements:

Average concurrent viewers: 500+
Channel views: 300,000+
Followers: 1,000+

Or ANY of the following requirements:

Average concurrent viewers: 1,000+
Channel views: 800,000+
Followers: 4,000+

I can see the 2nd set of goals as more achievable than the first. More specifically the 4,000 followers and 800,000 channel views. It's just gonna take some time :/ I'm wishing I could have my old channel back right about now. I need to ask about it again.

heckfu

Banned
As if I don't get jealous enough reading people on GAF post about being in Seattle I have to see them post on Twitter, too. If I wasn't going to rely on the internet to get info from the convention I'd probably have to disconnect for a couple days so as not to rage.

Tashi0106 said:
Since I've been asked a bunch of times why there isn't a Resolution option for my stream but there is for others I decided to give JTV/Twitch.tv an email and ask for one. I had heard it was in a beta. Turns out you need to be a partner to get that and a few other features. Here's how you become a partner.

I can see the 2nd set of goals as more achievable than the first. More specifically the 4,000 followers and 800,000 channel views. It's just gonna take some time :/ I'm wishing I could have my old channel back right about now. I need to ask about it again.

Yea alotta people can't stream High Quality shit. They keep saying fix my shit and its not me lol. Those goals seem outta reach though.

Well just ate some food and now get to spend the next two hours with you fine folks while I wait for my next flight!! Someone stream me some halo.

Also does anyone remember that Gogo free wifi promo for delta? Dietcokegogo?

Sai-kun

Banned
heckfu said:
As if I don't get jealous enough reading people on GAF post about being in Seattle I have to see them post on Twitter, too. If I wasn't going to rely on the internet to get info from the convention I'd probably have to disconnect for a couple days so as not to rage.
I am so insanely jealous of everyone going to PAX. omg. :( I want swag and cool stuff and to meet all my halobros.

Trasher

Captain Blood said:
Well just ate some food and now get to spend the next two hours with you fine folks while I wait for my next flight!! Someone stream me some halo.

Also does anyone remember that Gogo free wifi promo for delta? Dietcokegogo?
-_-

feel

Trasher said:
2i6sts.jpg
next year brah! we play Halo 4!

ElRenoRaven

Letters said:
HEY!!!!!!

Next time you plug a PS3 Sixaxis to even it out! xD

No No No. I'm talking about last night. Granted I was kicking ass the other day too when you and a couple others played but I wasn't talking about then. lol

And I don't think I asked but why the hell would you use a PS3 controller for Halo? That's just wrong.

So I made it to Seattle earlier today... Picked up my badges from Will Call (not before some random homeless guy starting yelling about something and then dancing)... Also saw Will Wheaton, he was standing beside me when I picked up the badges.

Really looking forward to tomorrow morning... Waking up around 6AM to be in line for 7AM, hope to see you guys there!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Devin Olsen said:
So I made it to Seattle earlier today... Picked up my badges from Will Call (not before some random homeless guy starting yelling about something and then dancing)... Also saw Will Wheaton, he was standing beside me when I picked up the badges.

Really looking forward to tomorrow morning... Waking up around 6AM to be in line for 7AM, hope to see you guys there!
Damn, Wil Wheaton. Shit just got real, hah. Have a good time! So jealous.

heckfu

Banned
Devin Olsen said:

do me.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
And I don't think I asked but why the hell would you use a PS3 controller for Halo? That's just wrong.
I know. xD I really wanted to play some CE mp and that was the only possible way to control it at that time.

Waiting in line at Will Call
wVWmxl.jpg

Back of the HaloFest Badge... I like the part that says this "The holder of this badge assumes all risk and danger of being injured as a result of performances and/or demonstrations at HaloFest"
1Rp3Wl.jpg

EOIeGl.jpg

Chipotle!!!
2fztql.jpg

Also got my NeoGAF shirts on my way down. (Wish I saw the option for American Apparel when I bought Letters shirt...)
BJ1Wxm.jpg

lol euroGAF :(
aPB3em.jpg

7IqUum.jpg

GhaleonEB

I had a long catch up response to a bunch of stuff, but Windows decided to install an update and reboot right before I hit post (the hell?). So, um, hi. I basically said I'm fried and tired, but had fun (hot) day. I'm 30 minutes from Seattle and will be leaving my hotel at about 7:00 tomorrow morning, making a beeline for the CEA panel.

Hope to see some GAFers there, I'm sure we'll find a way to congregate. If anyone's going to be in line, shoot me a PM and we can trade cell #'s to minimized awkward, "um, are you from NeoGAF?" moments.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:
Halo Fest thread ya'll. There will surely be news worthy stuff at Halo Fest.
I'd make one, but I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Since I'm going to be HaloFesting. Someone not going but who will be F5ing for the words "bloomless DMR" from a live blog should probably fire it up.

Tashi

GhaleonEB said:
I'd make one, but I wouldn't be able to maintain it. Since I'm going to be HaloFesting. Someone not going but who will be F5ing for the words "bloomless DMR" from a live blog should probably fire it up.

OK that's fair. Who wants to make it?

Tashi

It doesn't really matter who makes it. As long as you can maintain the OP with any news, pics, links and videos.

edit: I'm sure tomorrow, early afternoon is a good time. OP should just have some basic info on what it is, where it is, when it is. Live blog links? Video stream links? HaloGAF twitter feed links? Stuff like that.

Tashi0106 said:
edit: I'm sure tomorrow, early afternoon is a good time. OP should just have some basic info on what it is, where it is, when it is. Live blog links? Video stream links? HaloGAF twitter feed links? Stuff like that.

Yup, this and pretty pictures. Maybe impressions from Halogaffers as well.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tashi0106 said:
It doesn't really matter who makes it. As long as you can maintain the OP with any news, pics, links and videos.

I could throw something together for tomorrow afternoon and then you all can help me with anything needed for updates. I am decent at watching all the news but no one is perfect. :)

If anyone has any graphic design skill and can make some headers and the main header that would be plenty to get it off the ground.

GhaleonEB

Tashi0106 said:

Just as a heads up, the Halo Anniversary panel is at 10:00 AM Pacific time. Much news will ensue.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
Just as a heads up, the Halo Anniversary panel is at 10:00 AM Pacific time. Much news will ensue.

Alright! I'll do the OT but I will need some help from those not at PAX. I need some cool headers (or at least a main header) and some updates.

I have started writing a very basic info OT too.

I can have it up before noon tomorrow my time (10am PST).

Can anyone make a cool header?

EDIT: Someone fill me in on streams, news places, etc? Trying to figure out what to have in the OT.

Top Bottom