• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Sean P. said:
Only main three will be live, rest will just be recorded.
They will all be shown live, Ellis said so and ign's stream page is already up on their halofest hub, it also has handy schedule on the sidebar.

and ffs get reach out of those consoles, play something without a very populated online matchmaking system (and something not bad)

also did your shirt arrive?

Sean P.

Letters said:
They will all be shown live, Ellis said so and ign's stream page is already up on their halofest hub, it also has handy schedule on the sidebar.

and ffs get reach out of those consoles, play something without a very populated online matchmaking system (and something not bad)

also did your shirt arrive?

It was scheduled to be delivered this morning and I've been at a friends, it should be there by now

Sean P.

kylej said:
I want a HaloGaffer to streak during the 343 panel in protest of EazyB's permaban.

We just need to always get first few questions in all the panels and only ask about the chopper coming back

Kuroyume

Banned
Letters said:
There will be tons of Halo news coming out of it, we're not allowed to keep those buried in community threads, and we shouldn't do it anyways, the general gaf population should be aware of the event and somewhat updated of what's going in it. Most of the event's discussion between us halogaffers will still be done here I imagine.

The only reason I asked is because I'm not expecting much from the event. Not quite sure now what you guys are expecting either. I'm eager to read what comes out of there also but I don't know if TU info is something that anyone outside of Halo GAF is excited about. I believe most GAFers and most casual Halo fans in general think the game plays just like the old ones outside of the armor abilities, and most don't even know what bloom is or why any of us have been complaining about it for months. It's like creating a thread for the update every week. It just seems pointless.

Not making a big deal about it or anything just felt like asking.

Kuroyume said:
The only reason I asked is because I'm not expecting much from the event. Not quite sure now what you guys are expecting either. I'm eager to read what comes out of there also but I don't know if TU info is something that anyone outside of Halo GAF is excited about. I believe most GAFers and most casual Halo fans in general think the game plays just like the old ones outside of the armor abilities, and most don't even know what bloom is or why any of us have been complaining about it for months. It's like creating a thread for the update every week. It just seems pointless.

Well I think it's safe to assume we are getting tons of new footage of both singleplayer and multiplayer. I think that kind of stuff would belong in a separate thread. Hopefully a new thread won't be created for every little thing though.

feel

Kuroyume said:

new halo 4 info and tons of new halo anniversary info/media

Kuroyume said:

I imagine we will get TU details, new CEA MP details along with at least one new campaign demo. They will probably talk a little bit about skulls, achievements and Kinect.

Finally Halo 4 will have a lot of buzz even if they dont show anything. Still, Im hoping they do show something.

Seems to be enough to warrant gaming side posts. Plus im sure 343 will want to have a good show and let us know Halo is in good hands.

senador said:
Cuz CE is old?
What is this I don't even.

tumblr_lbnhe7DHx71qzktgc.gif

senador

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
notsureifserious.jpg

Yup.

He said not everyone had the disc and practicing for Reach. Why? Reach is the newer one, CE is old.

That aside, I loved CE at the time, but I don't have it up on a pedestal like some do. When I play it now it feels outdated. Its still fun and stuff but I think much of that is nostalgia for me.

I like the design philosophies they used and I'd like those to be used once more, but I don't ever want CE multi again really.

Yeah I said it.

Trasher

Just got a message on my phone from Metroid asking me about some bullshit plane arrivals and when Blood is landing or whatever. I'M NOT GOING YOU JERK. :(

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
Yup.

He said not everyone had the disc and practicing for Reach. Why? Reach is the newer one, CE is old.

That aside, I loved CE at the time, but I don't have it up on a pedestal like some do. When I play it now it feels outdated. Its still fun and stuff but I think much of that is nostalgia for me.

I like the design philosophies they used and I'd like those to be used once more, but I don't ever want CE multi again really.

Yeah I said it.

WNfHf.jpg

j/k of course. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's wrong. lol

Voltron64

senador said:
Yup.

Yeah I said it.
xr13T.gif

haha

senador

Banned
Hey I still love the game of course. I don't see how you can deny it's not old or dated now though. 10 years for a game is pretty old, IMO.

Diggin' me some holes.

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
Hey I still love the game of course. I don't see how you can deny it's not old or dated now though. 10 years for a game is pretty old, IMO.

Well see you said it yourself. It's fun. Are the graphics dated? Sure they're getting old. However it's damn fun. I'll put it's gameplay up against any damn game today if it had online via live like Reach and others.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Naw, I'm with you, Senador. I absolutely love the campaign, but CE MP feels dated and stale. And the control scheme... I just can't do it. I'd rather play Reach, and I expect that to be even more true after the TU comes out.

Edit: lol, that's the best GTFO gif ever.

feel

omg.kittens said:
Naw, I'm with you, Senador. I absolutely love the campaign, but CE MP feels dated and stale. And the control scheme... I just can't do it. I'd rather play Reach, and I expect that to be even more true after the TU comes out.
2ywspjp.jpg

Striker

PsychoRaven said:
Well see you said it yourself. It's fun. Are the graphics dated? Sure they're getting old. However it's damn fun. I'll put it's gameplay up against any damn game today if it had online via live like Reach and others.
Some people rather have better looking gfx and sound, so that's also absurd to me. I would play Halo 1 online if we had it offered more than any other Halo game sans Halo 2 MP.

senador

Banned
Thing is, I have no idea what Halo I'd say is my favorite. I like to play the most current, but all Halos just kind of meld into one big awesome experience.

I never said I hated CE. I just said it feels older and dated now. Sheesh.

Host records are fucking stupid. I can't get Host still even though I'm on FiOS I'm in doubles and the OTHER guy gets host yet he can't even handle ONE other person so it says WAITING FOR HOST then drops me.

If he can't handle one other fucking connection GIVE ME HOST!. FUCK thats retarded.

/Old Juices Mode

ElRenoRaven

Striker said:
Some people rather have better looking gfx and sound, so that's also absurd to me. I would play Halo 1 online if we had it offered more than any other Halo game sans Halo 2 MP.

I think you aren't alone either. That's the one area I'll argue with 343 about till the day I die. I firmly believe Anniversary should have had Halo 1's multiplayer intact. I 100 percent believe that if it did it would be the number 1 game on Xbox live. Without a doubt I believe that. You can call me crazy for that but I deep down in my heart believe it.

senador said:
Thing is, I have no idea what Halo I'd say is my favorite. I like to play the most current, but all Halos just kind of meld into one big awesome experience.

I never said I hated CE. I just said it feels older and dated now. Sheesh.

Oh don't worry. We're not beating up on you. Just giving you some shit. Nobody is really mad at you or anything.

Booshka

PsychoRaven said:
I think you aren't alone either. That's the one area I'll argue with 343 about till the day I die. I firmly believe Anniversary should have had Halo 1's multiplayer intact. I 100 percent believe that if it did it would be the number 1 game on Xbox live. Without a doubt I believe that. You can call me crazy for that but I deep down in my heart believe it.
I want Halo 1 MP on XBL really badly too, but it would never be the #1 XBL game. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even in the top 10 after a month or two.

ElRenoRaven

Booshka said:
I want Halo 1 MP on XBL really badly too, but it would never be the #1 XBL game. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't even in the top 10 after a month or two.

Like I said call me crazy. Hell I probably am. There is just that little voice that tells me it would though and that little voice has never ever done me wrong. I am just glad that I can play it online somewhat as is though via PC. Even if it sucks with controllers. Course I was doing pretty damn good with controller yesterday. lol

See you have to think about those that the other games in the series drove away with it's changes. They would probably go oh hell yea and come back. Then your current fanbase which has a lot that loved it would probably play it. Hell maybe even thanks to this anniversary they could bring more in too. Those that never got to play it or haven't yet.

senador

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Host records are fucking stupid. I can't get Host still even though I'm on FiOS I'm in doubles and the OTHER guy gets host yet he can't even handle ONE other person so it says WAITING FOR HOST then drops me.

If he can't handle one other fucking connection GIVE ME HOST!. FUCK thats retarded.

/Old Juices Mode

Yeah what's up with that? On my new internetz I've only pulled host a few times. I wonder how long they take to change?

PsychoRaven said:

Oh don't worry. We're not beating up on you. Just giving you some shit. Nobody is really mad at you or anything.

Oh no worries, I'm not mad at anyone either. ;)

I will call you crazy. You're crazy! <3

Halo 1 multi intact would have been baller. I would have played it from time to time, but I probably would have stopped sooner than later. I think a bunch of people that liked the first would come back for it and play it, but I don't think new players would dig it as much or as easily. I think you'd have a small but very happy group playing. It would have been so much work for just a small success, or a possible big success. That's not enough to go on and invest the time and money to make it happen. 343 had a hard choice, but I think they are handling it well.

Still, it would be cool if someway somehow it could happen so those who want it can do it.

thezerofire said:
ugh I like Uncaged over The Cage but it's still such a shitty map. Especially for Snipes. You put one guy top walkway, one lift landing, and two around the middle building and the other team can only spawn low tower, bottom mid, or sniper spawn, and you can see all of those and have height advantage from where you are. so bad.

Uncaged is the best Snipers map in Reach. It has the perfect mix of short and long range combat. It's a zippy map, games don't drag. The spawns are perfectly acceptable with the exception of spawning snipe when your opponent is looking directly at it from bottom tower. If you're going to lambast a map for being too 'easy' to control then direct your ire at Atom. If the other team get control of the towers it turns into a vertically uphill battle and there are far fewer avenues to regain control than on Uncaged. I'd totally buy Carney a beer for creating Cage/uncaged purely because it plays so well in Team Snipers. Boardwalk is another map that plays very averagely in regular Halo but somehow is a stellar map for Snipers.

ElRenoRaven

senador said:
Yeah what's up with that? On my new internetz I've only pulled host a few times. I wonder how long they take to change?

Oh no worries, I'm not mad at anyone either. ;)

I will call you crazy. You're crazy! <3

Halo 1 multi intact would have been baller. I would have played it from time to time, but I probably would have stopped sooner than later. I think a bunch of people that liked the first would come back for it and play it, but I don't think new players would dig it as much or as easily. I think you'd have a small but very happy group playing. It would have been so much work for just a small success, or a possible big success. That's not enough to go on and invest the time and money to make it happen. 343 had a hard choice, but I think they are handling it well.

Still, it would be cool if someway somehow it could happen so those who want it can do it.

Personally anymore what I'd really want would be PC versions redone and done right of Halo and the others that didn't make it.

You could release them as a collection. It could have a port of Halo Anniversary with all the multiplayer intact using the Halo PC coding. Halo 2 re-released with some addition options to tweak in the settings, Halo 3, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo Reach. Do that with them all properly supporting the 360 controller and then follow that with proper ports to the PC of future games.

I really think that's without a doubt where the biggest mistakes have been made with the Halo series. The PC ports have been decent but not spectacular. Then they gave us the first two and have politely pretty much said FU to the PC fans since then.

IF they were to do this and properly support the games on the PC too I think they could win those back on the PC who have wanted to support the franchise but haven't been able to. I know this would take work too but if Microsoft is every truly going to be serious about PC gaming again they need to do this along with bringing back some of their franchises that have been left to rot for a long time now.

Gui_PT said:
http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/975/975962/line-o-rama-ralph-wiggum-20090423033832625-000.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

cory021

Neo Member
I still don't understand how Generator Defense isn't that popular. 4 player Generator Defense on any Firefight map is probably my favorite gamemode in Reach. Standard Firefight is great and all, but I love how strategic you can get with Generators.

For example, on Waterfront, Generator C spawns by the beach. Whenever a Phantom drops troops by the road in the back of the map, they usually make a bee-line for that generator. Also, they all move in a pack, instead of in standard firefight where they come in small groups. This gives your team the option to hit them head on, or flank them.

We had this awesome game on Waterfront where we almost lasted the entire game just because of pure communication.

feel

PsychoRaven said:
Like I said call me crazy. Hell I probably am. There is just that little voice that tells me it would though and that little voice has never ever done me wrong. I am just glad that I can play it online somewhat as is though via PC. Even if it sucks with controllers. Course I was doing pretty damn good with controller yesterday. lol
HEY!!!!!!

Next time you plug a PS3 Sixaxis to even it out! xD

The Halo GAF at PAX twitter list is officially pinned as a column on my MetroTwit. I am officially ready for PAX.

Also, carrying the Focus Rifle and the Shotgun at the same time on Powerhouse is game fucking over.

PooBone

I think I'm gonna go play some Condemned 2.... beat the shit out of some hobos to release the anxiousness caused by impending Halo goodness.

MrBig

Going to miss some of the panels tomorrow, I'll try to check out this thread whenever I can get to a computer at school.
Which ones are tomorrow?

Just landed in Salt Lake Shitty. Dude who sat next to me didn't bring anything to do so watched me play NBA Jam on my Ipad for a good chunk of the flight lol.

FyreWulff

Finally got settled into my hotel room. Met various people already. I'm going to sleep soon because I've been up since yesterday.

One sleeps

Trasher

Captain Blood said:
Just landed in Salt Lake Shitty. Dude who sat next to me didn't bring anything to do so watched me play NBA Jam on my Ipad for a good chunk of the flight lol.
Did Metroid get a hold of you lol?

Top Bottom