• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

feel

Kuroyume said:
What's the point of a Halo fest thread when there's a Halo thread?
There will be tons of Halo news coming out of it, we're not allowed to keep those buried in community threads, and we shouldn't do it anyways, the general gaf population should be aware of the event and somewhat updated of what's going in it. Most of the event's discussion between us halogaffers will still be done here I imagine.

Letters said:
There will be tons of Halo news coming out of it, we're not allowed to keep those buried in community threads, and we shouldn't do it anyways, the general gaf population should be aware of the event and somewhat updated of what's going in it. Most of the event's discussion between us halogaffers will still be done here I imagine.

It would be awesome if the HaloFest threads op is updated with the big news, that way people like me can skip all the fluff when I finally get on the internet again next week. :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Kuroyume said:
What's the point of a Halo fest thread when there's a Halo thread?

VGpOW.jpg

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
If you haven't already, you can follow my Twitter account. I'll most likely be doing quick "zomg this is amazing" impressions from Halo Fest (and other game booths at PAX) provided ATT's 3G doesn't implode (who am I kidding?), haha.

https://twitter.com/DominoTheory_

You could also follow Hitmon and Ghaleon because I'm sure they'll be doing the same.

thezerofire said:
Squad Slayer. At least you can't get immediately killed on your spawn.

Agreed. Squad Slayer only matches up large parties to each other, so you don't have to worry about playing a full party. Plus, with that 5v5, I can usually put the team on my back and basically win 1v5.

Dax01 said:
BOOM! Ball FFA. Or a team playlist of BOOM! Ball.

It would be the bestest playlist ever of all time.
DAT TRUTH

Devolution said:
With the amount of quitters inevitable in these games, please for the love of god, make it so we can kill 2 people in Halo 4.
8 rounds in the pistol clip

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sai-kun said:
We STILL need the damn Halo 3 loading screen made into a screensaver. It'll never happen, but I'll always want it :(
How do you make a screen saver because that would be amazing.

Edit: lol omlet. You got me

A27 Tawpgun said:
I vote Uncaged over Hemo anyday.
ugh I like Uncaged over The Cage but it's still such a shitty map. Especially for Snipes. You put one guy top walkway, one lift landing, and two around the middle building and the other team can only spawn low tower, bottom mid, or sniper spawn, and you can see all of those and have height advantage from where you are. so bad.

on an unrelated note, can 343 start Double XP weekends again? Boomball weekend please

So there seems to be broad support for a BOOM! Ball-only playlist.

343, I would be so, so happy if you guys made it a weekend playlist at the very least.

Sai-kun said:
We STILL need the damn Halo 3 loading screen made into a screensaver. It'll never happen, but I'll always want it :(

I can do it.

Capture in 720p with my cap card then AVI to screensaver converter or one of the AVI screensaver utilities.

ElRenoRaven

BigShow36 said:
Why, in a world where Halo CE exists, would you LAN Reach?

Best question ever asked. Hell even playing the PC version again after not having played online for awhile I remember why I loved it's multiplayer the best of all the games. Not that I don't like the other games multiplayer mind you.

Dear HaloGAF PAX Attendees,

It looks like I'm going to be bogged down with a lot of wind and rain over the weekend because of Irene.

I expect you guys to make it shine by relaying awesome news.

Thank you,
Dax

senador

Banned
BigShow36 said:
Why, in a world where Halo CE exists, would you LAN Reach?

Cuz CE is old? When 2 came out my friends and I LANed that, then we did 3, and we've done Reach a few times.

I can play CE multiplayer for nostalgia's sake but that's about it.

Donat

Neo Member
MrBig said:
Here was my HBO intro for hitmonchan, which didn't make the vote :(
I learned a lot making it though and will gladly do any more work for anyone here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT4B-VoT6Is

I think the Halo ring at the end is too big and too far away from the text. But except for that I like it.
Just out of interest: Why did it take you 6+ hours to render?

Also, HALO FEST! And flying to Greece on the very same weekend, why would I plan it like that? =/

Sean P.

PsychoRaven said:
Best question ever asked. Hell even playing the PC version again after not having played online for awhile I remember why I loved it's multiplayer the best of all the games. Not that I don't like the other games multiplayer mind you.

Not all of us have our H1 discs as most of the people here drove from Cali, and there is a reach tournament at PAX tomorrow....

Meet Willeth and Fyrewulff. Said hey to Alison and David. Walked by Gabe and Tycho. Pretty sure I saw Karen Traviss, but she was eating so I didn't bother her.

I've only been here two hours.

MrBig

Donat said:
I think the Halo ring at the end is too big and too far away from the text. But except for that I like it.
Just out of interest: Why did it take you 6+ hours to render?
I tried it with it being closer and didn't like it. I used mental ray lighting and its renderer, it's not exactly optimized and it's just being done on my own computer.
210 frames at 1:30 each.

Something I could have done is had the ring shrink in width so that the shadow would be smaller and more like an outline towards the end.

I should have just bought tickets to Halofest way back when and made it work somehow. This seems like one hell of an event.

I expect pictures, videos and impressions. Lots.

MrBig said:
All panels will be livecasted and then will then be available on waypoint later.

Yeah, but there is something fun about seeing it from someones perspective rather than the press. None the less, I hope everyone has a blast. Im excited to see whats shown.

Top Bottom