• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Goooooood morning!

I will head into work soon and do the OT and will try to have it up by 9 PST about an hour before the panel.

Does anyone have a schedule of all the halo panels and their locations?

from the fm4 thread:

halo4's warthog as an autovista car lol

btyiO.jpg

ss_preview_fm4_2010_amg_warthog_1_wm.png

dear god I like how it looks, this is the best looking hog with the halo:ce's one

edit_ other pics here http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=13504&article_id=1393464

Sean P.

Deputy Moonman said:
Halowaypoint posted a pic of the first people to line up for pax on twitter. Someone is wearing a halogaf t-shirt and I'm trying to figure out who it is.

Didn't see this until now, but spoiler alert, it's not me.

OR YES IT IS

Hurm. The actual hog design seems okay, attempts to more it realistic.
The render seems odd, fairly early I assume?

Deputy Moonman said:
Halowaypoint posted a pic of the first people to line up for pax on twitter. Someone is wearing a halogaf t-shirt and I'm trying to figure out who it is.
I thought it was Devin.

Zeouterlimits said:
Hurm. The actual hog design seems okay, attempts to more it realistic.
The render seems odd, fairly early I assume?

I thought it was Devin.
It's already more detailed than Reach's warthog, loving it!

Those banners are pretty sweet Devo

I was under the assumption that Sunday's TU panel would delve into the nitty gritty of the changes and their matchmaking implementation but that the update itself would be playable by Halofest attendee's throughout the weekend starting today. Is this correct? If so i'm expecting cellphone grade videos to start popping up in the coming hours. HYPE!!!!!

thee henery said:
the update itself would be playable by Halofest attendee's throughout the weekend starting today. Is this correct?
You are correct. There's even an official thread on Waypoint about feedback on Classic++ from PAX.

blamite

Whoa, that Warthog is awesome. Is it drivable? I'm not familiar with Forza's autovista. If so, well, I guess I'm buying forza 4 now. :D:-(

blamite said:
Whoa, that Warthog is awesome. Is it drivable?
Apparently not. Autovista is the look around the car mode. Huge missed opportunity.

Instead of Clarkson "AI Cortana will narrate and tell stories about the vehicle's prowess, apparently."

blamite

Zeouterlimits said:
Apparently not. Autovista is the look around the car mode.
Yeah, I just read that in the forza thread. Still awesome though. Really interesting if that's the style of the final Halo 4 model. 343 Really seems committed to changing up the looks of classic Halo stuff. I can't wait to see more!

Devolution, love the banners for the new thread. Great stuff. :)

I'm loving the Halo 4 'hog. I hope it handles better than the floaty piece of shit that's in Reach.

My Defiant Map Pack is officially unusable for me now. I tried deleting and re-installing it, and it still is showing up as new maps that I haven't downloaded. It's fucking aggravating as hell to keep getting the "player does not have the recommended content" for every goddamn playlist that I choose, either. argh

This is going to be the longest morning in the history of long mornings. I wish I could go back to sleep for five more hours, but I think my co-workers would notice. If only...

blamite

Gabotron ES said:
Well according to the Halo Fest schedule we won't have TU details until this Sunday :(
I dunno, bs angel tweeted earlier about prepping post with TU details and it made it sound like we'd find out about it today.

Also, aren't the xboxes on the show floor running the update? It'd be weird to have people playing the update without announcing what's changed.

I'm guessing today we'll get a broad overview, with more specifics and q and a later.

Im confused, why does a Forza picture confirm that its the halo 4 hog?

Im not liking the red barrels on the back, they had better not indicate a weak point lol.

blamite said:
I dunno, bs angel tweeted earlier about prepping post with TU details and it made it sound like we'd find out about it today.

Also, aren't the xboxes on the show floor running the update? It'd be weird to have people playing the update without announcing what's changed.

I'm guessing today we'll get a broad overview, with more specifics and q and a later.
I hope so.

wwm0nkey

Frankie said the panel was to discuss the Title Update rather than announce things with it right?

We will probably hear about the update today (xboxs are running them there so we will) and they will be discussed on Sunday after everyone has tried them.

bobs99 ... said:
Im confused, why does a Forza picture confirm that its the halo 4 hog?

Im not liking the red barrels on the back, they had better not indicate a weak point lol.

Love the new Hog look but I agree on disliking the barrels.

Another question: Are all of the five playable maps for Halofest on the floor now? Someone could just post which maps they are. I'm thinking that Beaver Creek, Damnation, hang em High and Timberland will be playable and then the firefight map but hopefully there's an unannounced one in there too.

Deadly Cyclone said:
HaloFest |OT| of Bloom Reduction, Beli343ing in Frankie, and 20 Years of Halo
Don't you mean 10?

Also, that Warthog Forza design...that's not 343's design is it? I hope not. That and the MC's armor...it doesn't look right.

Dax01 said:
Also, that Warthog Forza design...that's not 343's design is it? I hope not. That and the MC's armor...it doesn't look right.
It had to largely come from 343.

I'm happy with the design change (although what fuel does the Warthog use?), but it's the toy-like render that I strongly dislike.

Zeouterlimits said:
It had to largely come from 343.

I'm happy with the design change (although what fuel does the Warthog use?), but it's the toy-like render that I strongly dislike.
I'd be fine with any design changes if 343 simply reverts back to the Mark VI. Or if they redesign the current armor to make it look more lean and efficient rather than the current clunky and blocky design they have now.

Dax01 said:
I'd be fine with any design changes if 343 simply reverts back to the Mark VI. Or if they redesign the current armor to make it look more lean and efficient rather than the current clunky and blocky design they have now.
Oh, the armour I'm very iffy on, just want to wait to see more/see some concept art.

Top Bottom