• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sweet buddha, that's a great Halo 4 tease.

So Halo Fest visitors get to look at the real life Weat hog and virtually examine the Halo 4 hog? Jealousy at critical levels.

Zeouterlimits said:
It had to largely come from 343.

I'm happy with the design change (although what fuel does the Warthog use?), but it's the toy-like render that I strongly dislike.

Know what im loving? The fact that cortana is narrating the warthog in the garage, but i would have loved to hear Jeremy Clarkson do it!

ElzarTheBam said:
Know what im loving? The fact that cortana is narrating the warthog in the garage, but i would have loved to hear Jeremy Clarkson do it!
Would kind of love if they did it together. Like have her correct him, have it being a humorous back and forth.

Kuroyume

Banned
Still don't see how the new suit is any clunkier than any of the older ones. When I think of sleek armor I think of the cyber Ninja suits in the MGS games or the bosses in MGS4 not anything Master Chief or any of the other spartans have worn. Those suits have always looked clunky and I think that's by design. Walking tank etc...

Dax01 said:
Also, what's with the railings on the side on the front of the Warthog? What's the point of them?
Greater body shape hold? Over head attachments e.g. a kind of clip-on roof?
To help ASoIaF's Tyrion climb in?

Kuroyume said:
Still don't see how the new suit is any clunkier than any of the older ones. When I think of sleek armor I think of the cyber Ninja suits in the MGS games or the bosses in MGS4 not anything Master Chief or any of the other spartans have worn. Those suits have always looked clunky and I think that's by design. Walking tank etc...
It's a bulky change, especially around the shoulder. I really don't like the shoulder pads.

SeanP who the hell lines up at 4AM? EDIT: WHHHHHAT SEVEN PM... You have been in line with line guy since SEVEN PM.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll

I am on my way to lineup now though, see you in a bit.

TAKE CARE HALOGAF!

Dax01 said:
Also, what's with the railings on the side on the front of the Warthog? What's the point of them?
How else are you supposed to tie your dead enemies to the hood? Visibility while driving is overrated anyway.

wwm0nkey

Deadly Cyclone said:
Hmm, I like the OT name suggestions, what do I pick??

FYI, I added a schedule to the OT as well. It is in progress now.
Come on you know you want to pick HaloFest |OT| BELI343 Again
:)

Deadly Cyclone said:
Hmm, I like the OT name suggestions, what do I pick??

FYI, I added a schedule to the OT as well. It is in progress now.
This one seems astonishingly awesome. ;-)

But it seems you've made your choice.

edit: @ elzar: it starts in about 4 hours from now.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I can't make the thread title 100 words long! :p

HaloFest |OT| of Bloom Reduction, Grunt Plushies, Beli343ing in Frankie, and Game Fuel turned into w(h)ine

Deadly Cyclone said:

HaloFest |OT| of Bloom Reduction, Grunt Plushies, Beli343ing in Frankie, and Game Fuel turned into w(h)ine
Lulz, I is joking.
Grunt Plushie is not.

Choose what you personally like :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Deadly Cyclone said:

Dude, keep it simple and informative for casual folks. There's going to be plenty of folks browsing GAF that wont be aware there's going to be live streming panels, announcements and such.

The general GAF folks won't get any of the in-jokes.

Dani said:
Dude, keep it simple and informative for casual folks. There's going to be plenty of folks browsing GAF that wont be aware there's going to be live streming panels, announcements and such.

The general GAF folks won't get any of in-jokes.

Yep, agreed. Something like:

HaloFest 2011: The past, present and future

Deadly Cyclone said:
HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo "Don't make a girl a promise..."
HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Events, Live Streams, Grunt Plushies, and More!
HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Beli343

etc
etc

Perfect.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Dani said:

The general GAF folks won't get any of in-jokes.

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo "Don't make a girl a promise..."
HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Events, Live Streams, Grunt Plushies, and More!
HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Beli343

etc
etc

Dani said:

The general GAF folks won't get any of the in-jokes.
True enough. How about:

HaloFest |OT| of Streaming Panels, Reach updates, and the future of Halo

Today should be fun.

i nerini del buio said:
from the fm4 thread:

halo4's warthog as an autovista car lol

btyiO.jpg

ss_preview_fm4_2010_amg_warthog_1_wm.png

dear god I like how it looks, this is the best looking hog with the halo:ce's one

edit_ other pics here http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?game_id=13504&article_id=1393464

I really like the look of it, but why does it look so plasticy?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
squidhands said:
True enough. How about:

HaloFest |OT| of Streaming Panels, Reach updates, and the future of Halo

Ok, merge them...

HaloFest |OT| 10 Years of Halo - Events, Streaming Panels, Grunt Plushies, and the future of Halo.

Work?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Demoncarnotaur said:
Today should be fun.

I really like the look of it, but why does it look so plasticy? Also, where do we have confirmation that is from Halo 4?

It's in Forza 4's shiny high-res fancy vehicle show-off mode. Many of the cars in such modes look very plastic too.

It will look slightly different in Halo 4 for a variety of reason, despite being the same model.

It's official and widely reported, originally on Wired.com. It's an official easter egg in Forza 4 and confirmed. HaloFest folks get to play with it hands on during the show.

Sean P. said:
Didn't see this until now, but spoiler alert, it's not me.

OR YES IT IS
Represent!
blamite said:
Dani said:
It's in Forza 4's shiny high-res fancy vehicle show-off mode. Many of the cars in such modes look very plastic too.

It will look slightly different in Halo 4 for a variety of reason, despite being the same model.

It's official and widely reported, originally on Wired.com. It's an official easter egg in Forza 4 and confirmed. HaloFest folks get to play with it hands on during the show.

Yeah. Forza always has a shiny look to their car models. There is no way Halo4 goes with the fiberglass look.

GhaleonEB

Packing up to head to the convention center. Doing a quick swag round near the queue line (if it's open) then heading to the main theater for the CEA panel.

Meant to bring reading material (latest Edge, a book, and All My Friends are Dead) but left'em on the shelf at home. The line waits just got a bit longer.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:
Packing up to head to the convention center. Doing a quick swag round near the queue line (if it's open) then heading to the main theater for the CEA panel.

Meant to bring reading material (latest Edge, a book, and All My Friends are Dead) but left'em on the shelf at home. The line waits just got a bit longer.

Buy me something awesome and I will pay you! :p

(Have fun)

Zeouterlimits said:
It's not so much that it's shiny (that is part of it) as much as it's toy-like, looking more like plastic than metal.
Yeah. It looks like fiberglass to me, which would last all of 2 seconds in any kind of warfare. But in Forza, I'd totally drive that. /shout out to Gabe Garcia!

Top Bottom