• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

PooBone

Dani said:
IGN's bimbo spoiled the FF map reveal.

FFmap.jpg
CALLED IT!

If it is what we think it is.

Zeouterlimits said:
It's not so much that it's shiny (that is part of it) as much as it's toy-like, looking more like plastic than metal.

Agreed. It kinda has an unfinished texture look..Like they just made it green and applied a property to it.

Deadly Cyclone said:
I think the OT is about ready. It's not huge, but it will grow. (MichaelScottThat'sWhatSheSaid.jpg).

Should I just go ahead and put it up?

Yup, go for it!

PooBone

Someone gonna be liveblogging this CE Anniversary panel? I can't view the livestream at work.

xxxstylzxxx said:
Maybe either a section from AOTCR or the Halo level where you first meet up with Sarge and co.
That's exactly what I thought when they first said "new Firefight map."

Yeah, I reeeaaaalllllyyyy hope that that 'Hog model is only finished in terms of geometry, because that is some very unimpressive texture and shader work. Injection-molded plastic is not a good look.

Also gas tanks on the back worry me. Considering how red gas can=huge explosion if looked at funny in video games, seeing the back bumper plastered with gas cans ( Doesn't the warthog run on hydrogen fuel cells?) is concerning.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Zeouterlimits said:
It had to largely come from 343.

I'm happy with the design change (although what fuel does the Warthog use?), but it's the toy-like render that I strongly dislike.

It uses and carries water for fuel. Cracking the hydrogen out of any H2O. The fuel cans are not a weak point, for obvious reasons. The screenshots don't really show the surface properties in the way the video does, which you will see later during Pax. And our final in-game surface properries will look radically differemt from Forza's no matter what.

Also, important note - one of the autovista 'buttons' talks about the surface paint properties, which will add some context to what you're looking at. And there's even more I can't talk about yet.

Somebody cross post this to HBO. Claude saw it in real life last night.

OuterWorldVoice said:
It uses and carries water for fuel. Cracking the hydrogen out of any H2O. The fuel cans are not a weak point, for obvious reasons. The screenshots don't really show the surface properties in the way the video does, which you will see later during Pax. And our final in-game surface properries will look radically differemt from Forza's no matter what.

Also, important note - one of the autovista 'buttons' talks about the surface paint properties, which will add some context to what you're looking at. And there's even more I can't talk about yet.

Done!

OuterWorldVoice said:

17141865-lol-reactionlfvg.gif

OuterWorldVoice said:
Much, much appreciated, thanks for the info drop.
Had no doubt that it wasn't a weak point, was just interested.

Devin Olsen said:
I promise you that the people in the HaloFest lineup are going to be dissapointed when they realize they are not in line for the panel.
Explain? When HaloFest opens, surely they'll get to be the first to line up for the panel? Or is in a different building completely?

OuterWorldVoice said:

Golden warthog confirmed!

OuterWorldVoice said:

Excellent, good to hear. Does water leak when those tanks are shot?

PooBone

ElzarTheBam said:
Golden warthog confirmed!
I remember getting into custom rooms in Halo 2 on Headlong where people were spending hours shooting at a wall trying to make a Golden Warthog appear. I always gtfo as quick as possible. LOL. Good times.

PooBone

Thagomizer said:
Excellent, good to hear. Does water leak when those tanks are shot?
Frankie.... water.... what do you think?

EDIT: Thank you Google, I found the only thing missing right now.... alienshogun:
23ro2hf.jpg

feel

FFS people those containers are there for the driver to go fetch water if needed. He's not gonna dip the entire vehicle in a lake when he's running low on juice (unless he's a total boss)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Just started up this on Forward Unto Dawn

I think HaloFest will outshine any of the previous E3 events in terms of news and announcements, so I thought a summary hub would be more than justified.

Should be the best place to catch the full run down on announcements, media and links from across the internet over the next few days. I'll ensure the page is up to date and it will be updated as soon as news breaks.

OuterWorldVoice said:

Dude, its a red can, when it gets shot its going to blow up like crazy even if it was empty it would do the same, thats just a video game rule. Whatever 343 tries to do to code those red barrels differently is going to fail its just natural law and order man. :(

No really, im really happy to hear the explanation so to speak, im still not digging the look of the barrels but im glad they have no functional aspect. Unless we have to collect water to use the warthog or something stupid like that lol

Letters said:
FFS people those containers are there for the driver to go fetch water if needed. He's not gonna dip the entire vehicle in a lake when he's running low on juice (unless he's a Spartan)
fixed

New H4 Warthog mechanic (nopun): driving the 'hog into water will heal any and all damage done to it. Beli343.

ElRenoRaven

bobs99 ... said:
Dude, its a red can, when it gets shot its going to blow up like crazy even if it was empty it would do the same, thats just a video game rule. Whatever 343 tries to do to code those red barrels differently is going to fail its just natural law and order man. :(

No really, im really happy to hear the explanation so to speak, im still not digging the look of the barrels but im glad they have no functional aspect. Unless we have to collect water to use the warthog or something stupid like that lol

I can see it now. You're cruising along in multiplayer and it comes to a stop. So your passenger has to get out and hit X to grab barrel. Then he has to walk up to the stream next to you and hit X to gather water. After that he goes back and has to hit X to add water to fuel tank. After that he hops in and you guys go back to the enemy base after the flag.

Dani said:
Just started up this on Forward Unto Dawn

I think HaloFest will outshine any of the previous E3 events in terms of news and announcements, so I thought a summary hub would be more than justified.

Should be the best place to catch the full run down on announcements, media and links from across the internet over the next few days. I'll ensure the page is up to date and it will be updated as soon as news breaks.

Thanks for this, I hate having to piece different info from different tabs at all sorts of hours.

PooBone

I was just thinking, I remember when a video game "community" was me talking to my friend at school asking if he'd found this thing in Goldeneye, and then it evolved with the internet and you had an entire forum at Bnet trying to find the Megg easter egg in Halo CE. Now we're less than two hours from a panel that everyone is either at or live streaming, chatting on a forum with the content director for the game's developer about the engine of a vehicle that was thought up over ten years ago.. This is just fuckin great.

Dani said:
Dani vs Deadly, 2 men, 1 bottle of whiskey (eww), who will be the victor?

Cool stuff :)

Tawpgun

Damnit. Can we all agree to congregate on the Halofest Thread today? Keeping track of 2 is bad enough with the imminent info flood.

ElRenoRaven

A27 Tawpgun said:
Damnit. Can we all agree to congregate on the Halofest Thread today? Keeping track of 2 is bad enough with the imminent info flood.

Ugh. Gaming side. No thanks. The couple posts I already made there make me feel dirty.

Top Bottom