• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Blueblur1

NullPointer said:
Its be nice if series' were treated as platforms. New entries in the series should always include all of the historical maps by default.

This could even be packaged as a code in retail copies as an incentive to buy new, which is what Gears of War 2 did with its throwback map pack.

Everybody wins.
This.

Devolution said:
I just hope there are no remakes of Reach maps. lol.
And this.

And shit, the rewards for today's challenges suck ass.

Tawpgun

GhaleonEB said:
In five days we got nearly 10% of the way to a new OT. We're chattly lately.

Maybe for the next one the thread title will stick.
Maybe we should post links to more controversial games so everyone will bitch and argue their way to OT6 :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
No remakes from 360 gen. I would love the Pit, but as they say in obituary threads, too soon.

I just play it on Halo 3.

feel

MrBig said:
That still exists?
.mov > *

edit-

OuterWorldVoice said:
No remakes from 360 gen. I would love the Pit, but as they say in obituary threads, too soon.

*assumes The Pit on Halo 4 confirmation, double clicks on Frankie folder*

OuterWorldVoice said:

Sounds fair, but The Pit and a few others could fit in Reach but not through anniversary. But more importantly, we need a new forge map.

Plywood said:
Then my list would be:

Lockout
Waterworks
Terminal
Headlong
Sanctuary
Turf

Well regardless I hope there's a healthy amount of maps at launch.

WANT. ALL OF THEM. NOW.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I just remembered that I'm supposed to contact Bungie for my steak. Does anyone have the details still? I'd appreciate it.
steak.jpg

OuterWorldVoice said:

Good to hear.

Woorloog

Banned
No remakes from Halo 3?
I was sort of hoping for High Ground remake but maybe we'll get Zanzibar remake.
Well. As long as the remakes look good and work well with Reach (w/ TU), i'm happy. Assuming the TU makes Reach a tad better.

EDIT, i'm happy with no remakes from Halo 3 actually. I don't want to see The Pit again, in any form. Urgh. Pretty much the only map in Halo 3 i really hated. Well, it's a tie beetween it and Assembly. Halo 2 had better maps anyway.

Woorloog said:
No remakes from Halo 3?
I was sort of hoping for High Ground remake but maybe we'll get Zanzibar remake.
Well. As long as the remakes look good and work well with Reach (w/ TU), i'm happy. Assuming the TU makes Reach a tad better.

EDIT, i'm happy with no remakes from Halo 3 actually. I don't want to see The Pit again, in any form. Urgh. Pretty much the only map in Halo 3 i really hated. Well, it's a tie beetween it and Assembly. Halo 2 had better maps anyway.

Isolation and snowbound were the original ones I hated.

I hated blackout since nade bounces and ramps were all wrong.

FyreWulff

Hey 343, because I'm touching all the bases in all the forums:

Hi, I'm one of the Community Cartographers. Somebody has posted on Halo Waypoint right over here that apparently you have contacted all the active Cartographers as of today.

Since I was a) the CC with the most submitted maps and b) I gathered, orchestrated, ran, and collected 30-40 test films during the Bungie x CC run, I'd like to think I at least qualify for the most-not-idle CC group label.

I have not heard anything. At all. Via any medium.

I am waiting to bust some ass for the CC process again. Please confirm or deny.

Contact deets in the email tag

email: mkidder@gmail.com
gamertag: FyreWulff
Bungie.net profile: FyreWulff Rex
Halo Waypoint: FyreWulff Rex

edit: ^ okay, I'm keeping that like that, because I totally just broke the forum right there. Now it's spewing HTML! Quote to see it properly. Should file a bug report.

senador

Banned
FyreWulff said:
Hey 343, because I'm touching all the bases in all the forums:

Dude, take the hint.

loljk ;)

A27_StarWolf said:
so no halowars maps :p?

anyways I had a daydream I got shot by that concept alien sniper.

I promptly woke up.

The dog-boner-sniper-shot?

FyreWulff

senador said:
Dude, take the hint.

loljk ;)

[VinceMcMahon]Youuuuuuuu'reFYREEEedd[/VinceMcMahon]

Also, now that we know we should only be looking at Halo 1 (and PC) and Halo 2, and they mentioned no Fall Damage, that is really pointing towards Headlong.

Woorloog

Banned
Devolution said:
Isolation and snowbound were the original ones I hated.

I hated blackout since nade bounces and ramps were all wrong.
Isolation? Okay, that's a third one tied for the worst map in Halo 3.
I'll take Snowbound/Boundless over the Pit, Assembly and Isolation any day. And i take almost any other map over Snowbound/Boundless...

Blackout was fine when the spawns were being a bitch, though i liked Lockout more. Dark, nighttime oil rig-like platform in an arctic sea is very, very oppressive. *shudders*

Kuroyume

Banned
Lol @ the thread title change

Whoever changed it... Wait til you get a taste of Evade. Frustration incoming.

Man it's like opposite day on GAF. People hating on Waterworks and the Pit. Amazing.

As for no Pit in Halo 3... That's disappointing. It's about the same time between Halo 2 and 3 as it is between 3 and Reach/Anniversary and that didn't stop the Halo 2 remakes from appearing in 3. Really would like the Pit as it's the only worthwhile Halo 3 map other than Avalanche which of course is a remake. It needs to be in Halo 4 and not some awful Forge creation either.

MrBig

Fyrewulf if they are continuing the implementation of community maps I'm sure they are just re-evaluating the group for real contributors and adding new people. Getting rid of everybody that currently listed in there and adding people that contribute is logical.

Something that will help the cartographers. They need a several groups of people (like ~32-64) that are part of the cartographers for testing maps only. That is one thing that is obviously lacking. A pool of resources that they can depend of for feedback and testing at any given schedule. Would take the load off of the actual contributors and allow for more testing for quality of maps.

Kuroyume said:
Lol @ the thread title change

Whoever changed it... Wait til you get a taste of Evade. Frustration incoming.
Wait until you read what its actually referring to :lol

Merguson

Banned
MrBig said:
Fyrewulf if they are continuing the implementation of community maps I'm sure they are just re-evaluating the group for real contributors and adding new people. Getting rid of everybody that currently listed in there and adding people that contribute is logical.

B-b-but Frankie said Halo: Reach was the best FPS ever! Nothing they do at 343 is logical!

Tawpgun

Woorloog said:
Isolation? Okay, that's a third one tied for the worst map in Halo 3.
I'll take Snowbound/Boundless over the Pit, Assembly and Isolation any day. And i take almost any other map over Snowbound/Boundless...

Blackout was fine when the spawns were being a bitch, though i liked Lockout more. Dark, nighttime oil rig-like platform in an arctic sea is very, very oppressive. *shudders*

Does not compute.

vhfive

OuterWorldVoice said:

tear

put The Pit and Sanctuary in Halo4 and I will love you forever

What's with all the Halo2 remakes? It's Combat Evolved's 10th anniversary, not Halo2.
We need:

Prisoner
Boarding Action
Wizard
Chillout (remake that doesn't suck)
I'm just messin. Headlong and Colossus or bust!

ncsuDuncan said:
Reach isn't even halfway through its life yet.
Who determines these life cycles? The life of a game should be determined by how good it is; therefore, Reach should be dead already. Bring on Halo4, please.
Dancing_Troll.gif

Woorloog

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Does not compute.
I don't like The Pit because it's a BR map... without vehicles. I have no issues with Standoff or other maps that have vehicles and are BR maps due their size. The Pit is a BR map (it's damn open) but has no vehicles... Can't use AR there. All the close range combat there is conducted with a pair of snipers (do you know how many times i saw an idiot to take a sniper and go on to use it like a shotgun?), shotguns and maulers and a sword and rockets. While camping. Usually.
Oh and it had two regens, an overshield and a camo and a power drainer. Way too much power weapons and power ups.
And it's fugly to the boot.

Actually, i can deal with that open desing and BR centric combat (i do like it. At least in retrospect, DMR made me like BR truly) in it. But combined with the other stuff... i hate hate hate it.

OuterWorldVoice said:

Ouch, i'm disappointed. How is it too soon if Last Resort appeared in Halo 3 at launch? 'Zanzibar? i'll just play in on Halo 2'.

Still, it's not like there's a dearth of quality maps to select from the first two; the Pit just holds a special place in my heart s'all.

Hey You

Glad to hear the CC group is continuing. Fyre Hopefully you will be keeping the Zombie Cartographer group running, I want to submit some gametypes and maps. Living Dead
Don't hit me!
really needs an update.

Hey You said:
Glad to hear the CC group is continuing. Fyre Hopefully you will be keeping the Zombie Cartographer group running, I want to submit some gametypes and maps. Living Dead
Don't hit me!
really needs an update.
zing.jpg

I seriously wish there was a Fiestafight playlist for Firefight, I could play that shit all day!

Tunavi, I made Countdown with the Focus and Grenade Launcher (based of the latest MM version of the map). We'll have to test it out sometime.

Tawpgun

Woorloog said:
I don't like The Pit because it's a BR map... without vehicles. I have no issues with Standoff or other maps that have vehicles and are BR maps due their size. The Pit is a BR map (it's damn open) but has no vehicles... Can't use AR there. All the close range combat there is conducted with a pair of snipers (do you know how many times i saw an idiot to take a sniper and go on to use it like a shotgun?), shotguns and maulers and a sword and rockets. While camping. Usually.
Oh and it had two regens, an overshield and a camo and a power drainer. Way too much power weapons and power ups.
And it's fugly to the boot.

Actually, i can deal with that open desing and BR centric combat (i do like it. At least in retrospect, DMR made me like BR truly) in it. But combined with the other stuff... i hate hate hate it.
Well the dislike of the BR and your dislike for the sniper when it's used as a close range weapon (which there's nothing wrong with) explains why you don't like it. For everyone that embraced and loved the BR it was so good. As a competitive map it was the best on Halo 3 barring some DLC ones.

thewesker said:
Hey 343, do something about this: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=709741913&player=The Wesker

It's not fun, yet I would get penalized for quitting.
There's nothing wrong with that. We've been over it. It sucks for the other team and isn't the nice thing to do, but there's nothing bannable or fixable about the situation.

However... they could ban this.
http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=709244498&player=Tawpgun

I hope 343's banhammer can catch fucks like these.

ElRenoRaven

Devolution said:
Welcome to Reach™

Reminds me of Halo 2 superbouncin' though.

I guess I'm lucky since I stick to team slayer gametypes and the occasional Invasion. It's sad though that people just can't have a little honor. That's got to be one reason I suck as much as I do. I just can't cheat and use cheap tactics. I'd rather lose and keep my honor.

PsychoRaven said:
I guess I'm lucky since I stick to team slayer gametypes and the occasional Invasion. It's sad though that people just can't have a little honor. That's got to be one reason I suck as much as I do. I just can't cheat and use cheap tactics. I'd rather lose and keep my honor.

Hey man right there with you. Just like I couldn't bring myself to use cheap/glitchy bullshit in previous games.

MrBig said:
Don't you know? Superbouncing made it into Reach as a feature: Jetpacks.

Oh shi...mind blown.

thewesker said:
Hey 343, do something about this: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=709741913&player=The Wesker

It's not fun, yet I would get penalized for quitting.

Hey 343 someone's not having fun, you better do something about it!

If you're good at arithmetic you best don your thinking cap because, apparently, trueskill's the best we can expect. Of course, if that was a team of 8 that subjugated you like that, I would say BTB needs hard party restrictions...

343 should establish a group like the Community Cartographers, but instead of submitting maps they submit saved films of blatant griefing like the one above.

Call the group The Hall Monitors.

:p

Top Bottom