• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

MrBig said:
ftfy
but yes, its just some random font for the rest and it looks out of place.

I also don't like the angle and spacing on the health meter.

I definitely would NOT hit that Elite. Just look at those sharp knees. It is way below my standards.

blamite

A27 Tawpgun said:
quicktimeplayer2011-0709ab.png
Nice arm.

OuterWorldVoice said:
What was it? Should I get my murder stick?
A joke in poor taste, stemming from a humorous tweet. It's a fuzzy line but Tunavi crossed it (Hitmonchan toed the line but was okay I thought). Nothing to worry about now though.

Spare the murder stick, spoil the GAFer. Or something. I'm not great with idioms.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
A joke in poor taste, stemming from a humorous tweet. It's a fuzzy line but Tunavi crossed it (Hitmonchan toed the line but was okay I thought). Nothing to worry about now though.

Spare the murder stick, spoil the GAFer. Or something. I'm not great with idioms.

Exactly. People make mistakes and he edited it out. So I think it's best to move on.

So when did Master Chief get a utility belt? I notice the Avatar preorder bonus has one.

Tunavi

Banned
Hitmonchan unintentionally set up the joke, I had to finish it. I didn't have any bad intentions, it was supposed to be friendly. Realizing now that it wasn't. Whoops.

Tawpgun

Am I the only one that doesn't like the way plasma has been looking since Halo 2?

Halo 1 and 2 had cloudy plasma. It looked really cool and powerful. Now I think it looks more electric, almost like an EMP burst rather than a plasma explosion.

ElRenoRaven

A27 Tawpgun said:
Am I the only one that doesn't like the way plasma has been looking since Halo 2?

Halo 1 and 2 had cloudy plasma. It looked really cool and powerful. Now I think it looks more electric, almost like an EMP burst rather than a plasma explosion.

I don't mind the change one bit. The only thing plasma related that was changed which I missed was the stunning of the Plasma Rifle. I understand why it was changed but I still miss the change.

Ken

PsychoRaven said:
I don't mind the change one bit. The only thing plasma related that was changed which I missed was the stunning of the Plasma Rifle. I understand why it was changed but I still miss the change.

I missed the stunning with the Ghost's plasma cannons.

blamite

PsychoRaven said:
So when did Master Chief get a utility belt? I notice the Avatar preorder bonus has one.
still_01.jpg

The Halo 1 model always had it there, but it wasn't as noticeable as it is now.

I really really hope 343 manages to get a theater mode going, I mean I'm sure the Chief's armor is going to look awesome, too bad you won't be able to see it outside of cutscenes or co-op.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That's not a belt that's a fanny pack, Master Chief original concept art:

eJHuD.jpg

As you can see they stood true to the fanny pack design which is at the core what Master Chief is all about.

ElRenoRaven

blamite said:
http://www.bungie.net/images/games/Halo/gallery/renders/stills/still_01.jpg[IMG]

The Halo 1 model always had it there, but it wasn't as noticeable as it is now.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be damned. Now that I look closer I guess that is a utility belt.

feel

Mind blown at pouch-belt always being there! :O

And have they said if it will have coop matchmaking?

Wouldn't want to miss out on the banter with the impatient random

fc023c.jpg

And bad hitmonchan, bad!!!
No clue, but I'm curious now dammit

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Letters said:
Mind blown at pouch-belt always being there! :O

And have they said if it will have coop matchmaking?

Wouldn't want to miss out on the banter with the impatient random

fc023c.jpg

And bad hitmonchan, bad!!!
No clue, but I'm curious now dammit
Lol, read this my phone. Took entirely too long to see the Chief model stepping out of the bush.

ElRenoRaven

lybertyboy said:
Lol, read this my phone. Took entirely too long to see the Chief model stepping out of the bush.

You're not alone. I didn't see him either.

Ok So I was bored and felt like disfiguring my hands and 10 minutes later I got this. tagged properly on bungie.net

AfxvK.jpg

BTW speaking of pictures of Master Chief I have to ask anyone at MS/343/Bungie who might know but what ever happened to This? License plate painted over to protect the innocent. lol

Hitmonchan107 said:
"This is a celebration of a game that influenced so many other games, we want to be true to it. So we wanted to make sure it played exactly the same. We're using the Reach engine for multiplayer, it lets us give that Reach gameplay so you can go to a map like Damnation and now you're in there with your armor abilities so you're flying around with your jetpack and things like that."

First bit in regards to single player, obviously. I just thought it was funny for them to have it said like that side by side.

PsychoRaven said:
Ok So I was bored and felt like disfiguring my hands and 10 minutes later I got this. tagged properly on bungie.net
Pro tip: Use your chin to press the right thumb stick down. No need for ridiculous claw shenanigans.

ElRenoRaven

ncsuDuncan said:
I'm pretty sure he exploded when Egon and Venkman crossed the streams.

LMAO. Dude back in the days that was something to see in person. It was long before the fancy statues they have now days. Hell that was pre Halo 2 even. To this day I'll never forget that trip up there.

feel

When I manually matched the gamma levels to truly make him seem part of the original picture he blended into it even more, had to dial it down a notch but it seems it wasn't enough. I blame the lack of lower half forcing me to put him behind the bushes which are under a shadow lol

edit- finally gave the 1/2Gb version of the CEA clip a good frame by frame look on my tv, and wow, other than a few rough little things here and there that will probably get taken care of, the game is looking REALLY BEAUTIFUL. So clean and colorful!

Tunavi said:
Its sad how gamebreaking armor abilities are.
I feel the same way.

Just last night I experienced teams of armor lockers, teams of jetpackers (4 jetpackers is a horrific experience) and plenty of "hey I'm fucked so I'll force a double pummel" sprinters.

The game is still incredible - but the melee/grenade/shoot system is not nearly as smooth when the abilities are thrown into the mix. That said, I want sprint to stay - but reduce it's ability to escape and rush melee attacks.

Karl2177

Tunavi said:
\/ fuck this guy
Barrow Roll said:
^Not this shit again.
Cute.

I'll have to check with my local Borders on if they're closing, but if they are I hope they have discounts. I might go in and purchase Cryptum, and hopefully set the box set of the first 3 so I can reread them.

Stripper13 said:
I feel the same way.

Just last night I experienced teams of armor lockers, teams of jetpackers (4 jetpackers is a horrific experience) and plenty of "hey I'm fucked so I'll force a double pummel" sprinters.

The game is still incredible - but the melee/grenade/shoot system is not nearly as smooth when the abilities are thrown into the mix. That said, I want sprint to stay - but reduce it's ability to escape and rush melee attacks.
Do not want. Nothing in Reach has felt more foreign to a Halo game than sprint. It's in a lot of other first person shooters, but it's never been needed in a Halo game. The game is trying to be so many different things now that it doesn't even feel like a Halo game.

After playing Classic the other day for the first time in a while, I have no interest in sprint for Halo 4. That movement feels so smooth. And don't give us that Halo 3 bullshit walking around 2 miles an hour, Halo 2 movement speeds or bust!

wwm0nkey

Steelyuhas said:
After playing Classic the other day for the first time in a while, I have no interest in sprint for Halo 4. That movement feels so smooth. And don't give us that Halo 3 bullshit walking around 2 miles an hour, Halo 2 movement speeds or bust!

Top Bottom