• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Steelyuhas said:
I hate that Team Objective is literally unplayable without a full team.
It wouldn't be so bad if I felt like I could do a lot more as an individual. Part of the reason why I loved CTF so much in CE was that it didn't gimp your movement and you could drive vehicles while doing it.

In 2 onward if I'm playing by myself I have to rely on the worst population of online gaming ever in the history of mankind in the hopes that some of them can rub braincells together to coordinate something. Yes, going with friends is the way to go, but I wish the design of it was more randoms friendly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Steelyuhas said:
I hate that Team Objective is literally unplayable without a full team.

Yep fucking sucks, I only ever play it when 3 of my buddies are online, but still I want to be able to play it when I don't have 3 people to play with =/

MrBig

Cocopjojo said:
Even the makers of that video said that it would be nearly impossible to do that in Matchmaking.
In that particular spot due to the complexity of the geometry; there have been some other videos of people stacking like that in the hallways on Boardwalk into the cafe areas.

Apparently all it needs is some planar geometry and a blocker to push you into the enclosed area.

As more people find out about this people are just going to find more ways to abuse it, unless the problem is solved via the TU.

It can be used to get into the glass cave on paradiso, and any of the other holes like that.

Blueblur1

OuterWorldVoice said:
No remakes from 360 gen. I would love the Pit, but as they say in obituary threads, too soon.

I just play it on Halo 3.
Interesting. I'm glad to see this confirmation because I was never a fan of 3's or Reach's despite having some fun times on one or two of them. My fondest Halo MP memories come from Halo 1 and Halo 2 so I look forward to any remakes that make it into Halo 4.

senador

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Interesting. I'm glad to see this confirmation because I was never a fan of 3's or Reach's despite having some fun times on one or two of them. My fondest Halo MP memories come from Halo 1 and Halo 2 so I look forward to any remakes that make it into Halo 4.
OWV's post was in reference to Halo Anniversary, not Halo 4.

Striker

OuterWorldVoice said:
No remakes from 360 gen. I would love the Pit, but as they say in obituary threads, too soon.

I just play it on Halo 3.
You are a worthy gentleman.

Remake tons of Halo 2 maps for Halo 4, plz

neoism

Dani said:
funeral.jpg

funeral2.jpg

funeral3.jpg
:O

In Team Objective, and I dunno if it was true in any other playlist, but why is the flag return time so short when no one is around it? Takes away a lot of the tension in trying to return a flag.

senador

Banned
Those screens loom gooood. I am excite. It's coming together nicely. The AR looks CE-ish now. I can't wait to see what Chief looks like. His arm in that pic looks good.

Karl2177 said:
I SEE AN OWL WITH PANTS.
I see it too.

God damn, I hate you guys.

So far, the only thing that bugs me about the new visuals are the blood splatters on the floor. Looks like spray paint. Everything else looks like sex on a dual layer DVD.

senador

Banned
Barrow Roll said:
I see it too.

God damn, I hate you guys.

So far, the only thing that bugs me about the new visuals are the blood splatters on the floor. Looks like spray paint. Everything else looks like sex on a dual layer DVD.
Who who?

What bugs me is the since the FOV wasn't originally for widscreen the weapons are more centered, especially the pistol Looks kinda weird. It's minor though.

Ken

Karl2177 said:
I SEE AN OWL WITH PANTS.

bc252f5a.png

?

wwm0nkey said:
Well guys with the announcement of Megaman Legends 3 getting canned, I am going to need A LOT of Halo to get me over it :(

I had already given up hope for it when it was delayed and missed the 3DS eshop launch.

wwm0nkey said:
Well guys with the announcement of Megaman Legends 3 getting canned, I am going to need A LOT of Halo to get me over it :(
ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

G********. I was going to buy a 3DS just for ML3.

Shitty day just got shittier.

ElRenoRaven

OuterWorldVoice said:
Oh ye of little faith.

Oh Frankie you know I'm just kidding. It's a rock solid 22fps.

Just kidding of course I know the framerate will be fine. You guys would have to be stupid for it not to be.

wwm0nkey

Hitmonchan107 said:
ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!

G********. I was going to buy a 3DS just for ML3.

Shitty day just got shittier.
I actually feel hurt by this announcement, one of my all time favorite games and it gets treated like fucking shit over at Crapcom.

Fuck Capcom, they are now officially on my shit devloeprs/publishers list.

GhaleonEB

*gets on soapbox*

Code:
Date        Requirement                                         cR      Waves    cR/Wave

4-Oct-10    Complete 50 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking. 	3000	250	 12 
20-Dec-10   Complete 100 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking. 	4000	100	 40 
14-Feb-11   Complete 200 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking. 	15000	200	 75 
20-Jun-11   Complete 150 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking.	12000	150	 80 
18-Jul-11   Complete 75 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking.	8000	375	 21

This week's Firefight Challenges requires 2.5x the number of waves be completed as the last Firefight weekly, and pays out 1/4 as much per wave completed. This is symptomatic of a longstanding lack of internal logic or consistency to the Challenges. I really hope someone at 343 spends some time creating a payout system that has both, scaling reward appropriately to the difficulty or amount of time needed to complete the Challenges. They've been all over the place like this since launch, and it would be great to have some attention paid so as to make better use of the system. Right now it makes no sense.

*gets off soapbox*

The screens are looking great, but does anyone else think the fonts are a little wonky? The 2x zoom for the pistol looks alright because it's the 343 Industries font/Conduit ITC lookalike, but everything else (in particular the AR's counter) seem really weird compared to the original.

GhaleonEB said:
*gets on soapbox*

Code:
Date        Requirement                                         cR      Waves    cR/Wave

4-Oct-10    Complete 50 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking. 	3000	250	 12 
20-Dec-10   Complete 100 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking. 	4000	100	 40 
14-Feb-11   Complete 200 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking. 	15000	200	 75 
20-Jun-11   Complete 150 Waves in Firefight Matchmaking.	12000	150	 80 
18-Jul-11   Complete 75 Rounds in Firefight Matchmaking.	8000	375	 21

This week's Firefight Challenges requires 2.5x the number of waves be completed as the last Firefight weekly, and pays out 1/4 as much per wave completed. This is symptomatic of a longstanding lack of internal logic or consistency to the Challenges. I really hope someone at 343 spends some time creating a payout system that has both, scaling reward appropriately to the difficulty or amount of time needed to complete the Challenges. They've been all over the place like this since launch, and it would be great to have some attention paid so as to make better use of the system. Right now it makes no sense.

*gets off soapbox*

you don't get off of the box, you just kinda squat down and seem less tall.

:p just kidding.

MrBig

Zee-V70 said:
The screens are looking great, but does anyone else think the fonts are a little wonky? The 2x zoom for the pistol looks alright because it's the 343 Industries font/Conduit ITC lookalike Handel Gothic, but everything else (in particular the AR's counter) seem really weird compared to the original.
ftfy
but yes, its just some random font for the rest and it looks out of place.

I also don't like the angle and spacing on the health meter.

Top Bottom