• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

wwm0nkey

ncsuDuncan said:
Hold "Back" and press Y.

"Are you sure you want to vote for surrender?"
Highlight "Yes", press A.

"GhaleonEB has voted to surrender (1/4)"
"ncsuDuncan has voted to surrender (2/4)"

etc.

"Blue team has voted to surrender. (4/4)"
Game Over - Red team wins.

The vote must be unanimous.

The option is only available when:
- Your team is losing by more than 50% of the score required to win.
Losing at Team Slayer by a gap of 26 kills.
Losing at CTF by a gap of 2 captures.

- The team size is uneven by two or more players.
2 v 4 TS games, 6 v 8 BTB games, etc.

In multi-team games, a team that votes to surrender exits the game while the remaining teams continue playing.
Would prevent the quitting problem.

One of my biggest complaints about Halo 3 (and is still a big issue for me in Reach), why the fuck do they penalize the last person who stays on the team and quits? Their whole team abandoned them, they shouldn't have to undergo farming just to avoid a penalty. Their quit from the game should be penalty-free, I have yet to see a well reasoned argument otherwise.

HiredN00bs said:
Because it ruins matchmaking

1 Grief players in objective/make them quit
2 Complain about how TrueSkill doesn't work (when it's really working poorly because of the low population)
3 Brag about it on a forum where developers post, which ironically might bring some resolution, lawlz
What you say is true, but engaging in verbal combat with these guys from such a high horse makes it just as tiresome to read as their bragging/showing how exploitable the game is.

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's not like slaying after capturing 2 is unfair. If they suck they're going to lose. Hell, you might even make the argument that prolonging the game gives the other team a chance to win.
I hope that's not what you tell yourself.

Of course finishing the game is a nice thing to do... But after constant 3 minute games... Sometimes you just want something more. I just don't see why its such a huge deal.
Because it's a form of bullying, whether you believe it or not. You are dangling a kid's hat above his head while you and the rest of your team repeatedly punch him in the balls. Yeah he can quit, and it would be the sensible thing to do (I do it when I see that a game is about to go sour like that), but why should he/she have to deal with that bullshit in the first place? Trounce them all you want with your superior team and skills and be done with it; don't shit in his mouth and force him to swallow it just because you need "something more" in your Halo.

...and now I've thrown my hat into the objective holding ring (all of that wasn't necessarily directed at you Tawpgun), hoping to never bring it up again.

GhaleonEB

wwm0nkey said:
I'd love a solution like that. IIRC, Ferrex briefly mentioned they were considering such a 'white flag' option for Reach back around Beta time, but it never materialized. Given that they built a system which motivates and rewards that kind of behavior, I think it was a glaring omission to exclude means to let players concede.

On that note, it would be neat if in a CTF game, your flag actually turned white when you conceded, and one popped up at the flag stand location in other game types. Heh.

ElRenoRaven

Voltron64 said:
I'm sitting here at the Halo Universe panel. Frankie is in the building.

Oh nice. I dare you to yell out SPRINKLES!!!

Someone asked why they don't allow live streaming.

Right now, Comic-Con is still positioned as an exclusive "had to be there" event, so they don't allow any of that. I'd like to think that policy will change soon.

wwm0nkey said:
Not directly. People in a normal, close game are still going to quit regardless of a "surrender" option.

What it does do is allow you to implement harsher quit penalties without worrying about punishing those caught in 2-0 or 4v1 matches.

I still have a better idea for reducing the number of quitters, but I'll post that later; it still needs development.

I can't join any live blogs or IRC rooms where I'm at, so any updates to the thread will be appreciated.

Fingers crossed for a CEA map reveal.

Tunavi

Banned
Panel has started! Will update this post for duncan.

They've been working very diligently on Halo 4.
Halo 4 will serve as both a new story and a prequel for Halo fans.
Frank O'Connor says every piece of Halo fiction will be connected to the universe. The more you take in and experience, the more Halo you will understand. It will all tie together.
Karen Travis, a writer who has authored Halo novelizations, talks about crafting the story for Halo 4. Update: Ah, sorry, we made an error about what Karen was talking about. She was talking about her book, not Halo 4.
Greg Bear is there as well, "it's like being asked to create Superman's backstory" when talking about the pressure to craft that story.
"We're going very very deep." (BAHHHHHHHHHHHHH inception, bloom confirmed lol jk)
Red vs blue now
Video now, short teaser. Sorry we can't show it to you. (rvb or halo 4 We do not know)
Get get a CE video in an hour from now
Live CE demo/walkthrough
The video at 12:30pm is a new developer commentary video for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary featuring a first look at the re-imagined campaign experience.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
He means prequel because it's the start of a new trilogy, so old Halo fans and new Halo fans who enter the series for the first time will be on the same page, so to speak.

Tunavi

Banned
MODS IN THE IRC EVERYONE ON YOUR BEST BEHAVIOR
(accept overdoz1z to gaf and keep tashi banned for ever)

edit: mods are gone, back to the crazy bannable shit we were doing

The crowd goes wild when he pulls out the Magnum.

Iconic weapon people

ncsuDuncan said:
Apparently he kidnapped Liam Neeson's daughter or something.
Then he isn't banned, he is dead.
Taken is a good movie

HiredN00bs said:
Are they going to post video from the panel?
343i will upload the panel this weekend. New Halo: CE:A video is coming in 15minutes.

Tunavi

Banned
halo 2 map confirmed.
That's a good question, we'll follow-up to find out. I do know that, along with the original Halo Combat Evolved maps, Frank did say that there will be at least 1 Halo 2 map included as well.

HiredN00bs said:
Are they going to post video from the panel?
yeah at 12:30 pst

Hitmonchan107 said:
only for you honey :)

Starwolf, just 1 you noob.

Risen

Tunavi said:
1zbwkmt.jpg

doing that to cap a flag in MLG is montage worthy

damn you hypertrooper

V
tumblr_li1416uET91qz8x7f.gif
V

Luckily that flag was NOT capped lol... oh they smashed our faces in but there was no way THAT flag got capped.

That might have caused a rage quit...

Homeboyd said:
He wasn't banned..

He was taken.

Clever...

Dug

Banned
Sorry for the combo-breaker, buy my Bag O' Swag came in today. In it was:

dbdre.jpg

Three things about this:

1. I could not find anything about that Bungie.net webmaster sticker anywhere.

2. The Halo 3 Essentials is very "interesting", and I haven't even completed the first disc!

3. The studio in the "Day in the life at Bungie" video is 343's now, correct?

Sorry about the picture looking trippy.

Top Bottom