• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Booshka said:
Tashi is the main person who complains about Assists, and that is because all he plays is MLG, and the Assist stat is pretty important, it would help if it worked properly so the team and individual could have some insight on how they performed at a glance. Of course glaring game mechanic issues, balance and design problems are more important than stat tracking, but Tashi doesn't play BTB often, so he doesn't really care about the issues with vehicles.

He also likes Bloom so he doesn't complain about that either.
Yup.

I've never beaten a Halo game on Legendary. Almost Halo 3.

Seven, post that link of them raging please!! I need to see it!

FyreWulff

PsychoRaven said:
I disagree. To me ODST felt the easiest on Legendary. Difficulty of Halo's on Legendary from Easiest to hardest I'd rate them like this:

ODST
Halo 3
Reach
Halo
Every goddamn game known to man
Halo 2 (The only one's I've never beaten on Legendary)

Halo 1 felt the easiest on Legendary to me because later on in the game you can let the Flood and Covenant pick each other off and clean up the remains.

Halo 2 FUCK HALO 2 never got past Delta Halo on Legendary. That level has the damn Jackal Snipers everywhere. Perfect Dark Perfect Agent was easier than that shit, and I didn't complete PD PA until last year.

Halo 3 and ODST felt roughly the same to me. 3's hardpoints being Cortana and the Control Room holdout section before opening the door.

Reach feels harder on Legendary than 3 or ODST to me, due to psychic wraiths, Elites that no longer telegraph what they're doing most of the time, and jackals with fast trigger fingers and elites that can carry swords and be 100% cloaked.

Karl2177

FyreWulff said:
Halo 1 felt the easiest on Legendary to me because later on in the game you can let the Flood and Covenant pick each other off and clean up the remains.

Halo 2 FUCK HALO 2 never got past Delta Halo on Legendary. That level has the damn Jackal Snipers everywhere. Perfect Dark Perfect Agent was easier than that shit, and I didn't complete PD PA until last year.

Halo 3 and ODST felt roughly the same to me. 3's hardpoints being Cortana and the Control Room holdout section before opening the door.

Reach feels harder on Legendary than 3 or ODST to me, due to psychic wraiths, Elites that no longer telegraph what they're doing most of the time, and jackals with fast trigger fingers and elites that can carry swords and be 100% cloaked.
I agree with the second half of this post. Halo 2 wasn't as hard as people make it out to be. Hell, I even went through the first half of the campaign on Legendary on Vista using KB/M. Halo 1 still feels difficult on the Library. No matter how many times I try, I just get frustrated by the second or third time I'm waiting on Guilty Spark at a door.

Havok

FyreWulff said:
I had a separate profile for the checkpoint before each Halo 2 skull (including the unnamed Armory skull), so I essentially beat that game Legendary like 8 times. I just did the math, counting the levels. I wasted too much of my time on that.

Booshka

Tashi, and anyone else who is interested in MLG Halo drama. Here is the link to the last game of a 7-0 stomping by Instinct against Turning Point. Ninja and Mikwen, and the team in general are bitching at each other and upset over losing. This is the last clip before Ninja rage quit the stream, after Mikwen rage quit the game. You can go back and watch more of the scrim if you want.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninja/b/295517126

kylej

Banned
Booshka said:
Tashi, and anyone else who is interested in MLG Halo drama. Here is the link to the last game of a 7-0 stomping by Instinct against Turning Point. Ninja and Mikwen, and the team in general are bitching at each other and upset over losing. This is the last clip before Ninja rage quit the stream, after Mikwen rage quit the game. You can go back and watch more of the scrim if you want.

And as an added point, the exact same thing happened the night before. Poor Walshy.

senador

Banned
I don't remember Halo 2 Legendary being that bad aside from Cairo Station. A few of the Elite battles were brutal especially the last one before taking the bomb. OH Tartarus was quite hard as well.

Man I can't wait til CEA comes out. Legendary on CE and 2 were so much fun and I can't wait to do them again. When I started doing Legendary on CE my friends thought I was crazy. It took 2 of us like 4 hours to beat a mission each time. When I finally beat it I thought I was so cool. Such a fun play through.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:

I actually by some miracle made it to the last 4 levels. I finally gave up with trying to get out of the chamber at the start. Figured a good 2 years of trying to beat it on Legendary was enough. That's just with the PC version. I spent the entire life of the game on the Xbox trying to get out of the damn hangers at the start. I've honestly never had a game I couldn't complete on the hardest difficulty till that game.

FyreWulff

PsychoRaven said:
I actually by some miracle made it to the last 4 levels. I finally gave up with trying to get out of the chamber at the start. Figured a good 2 years of trying to beat it on Legendary was enough. That's just with the PC version. I spent the entire life of the game on the Xbox trying too. I've honestly never had a game I couldn't complete on the hardest difficulty till that game.

Yeah, I tried to skip ahead and couldn't make it out of that chamber.

Sometimes I died before the cinematic bars disappeared.

Karl2177 said:
I agree with the second half of this post. Halo 2 wasn't as hard as people make it out to be. Hell, I even went through the first half of the campaign on Legendary on Vista using KB/M. Halo 1 still feels difficult on the Library. No matter how many times I try, I just get frustrated by the second or third time I'm waiting on Guilty Spark at a door.

I wonder if the Library is harder for the less patient. I find that level more boring than hard from all the damn waiting on Guilty Spark.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
Yeah, I tried to skip ahead and couldn't make it out of that chamber.

Sometimes I died before the cinematic bars disappeared.

I don't think it would be so bad if the reason it was so hard wasn't due to the damage tables being so screwed up. When you can spend all your ammo trying to take one enemy out yet the very second you peak your head out 2 shots and your dead, that's just bullshit.

Booshka said:

Nice, thanks.

Booshka

kylej said:
And as an added point, the exact same thing happened the night before. Poor Walshy.
Poor Naded too, both of them probably just sigh when they hear those two bitch and squabble. I'm sure they did the same shit in Halo CE/Halo 2 respectively, but probably tire of it quickly after years of competing and knowing better.

Twitchtv is better than regular TV sans Sports, a lot of entertaining streams out there if you know where to look and are interested.

I don't know how I beat Halo 2 on Legendary, but I did, and it was awful. I also had a bunch of profiles for the skulls, not all of them, but most.

Halo CE is just fun for me on Legendary, it is hard, but I can handle it pretty well, and play it as a default difficulty. I just know the game very well, and can get through all the encounters without too much hassle.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Booshka said:

Kind of surprising to see pros rage quit. I suppose real athletes do shit like that from time to time.

Booshka

OuterWorldVoice said:
Kind of surprising to see pros rage quit. I suppose real athletes do shit like that from time to time.
Both of them are young and immature, and they were getting thoroughly handled for the past two days.

feel

Booshka said:

Holy shit how highly do you have to think of yourself to put your face on a livestream while you play? Though I guess it's the fault of the rest of the mlg community for worshiping the crap out of these kids and feeding their narcissism.

edit-

The ragequit was nice, I quite enjoy seeing someone who is complaining about a teammate get told they were being shit too, and the reaction.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
OuterWorldVoice said:

At least they have the excuse of being on roids.

I guess Mtn Dew is kinda like roids though...

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
Play Halo 2 Vista on my account so I can get that last achievement kthnx

Mine too! Mine too! j/k

I don't share accounts but if I knew someone in person who could bet it I'd probably invite them over and let them. lol

Booshka

LAUGHTREY said:
At least they have the excuse of being on roids.

I guess Mtn Dew is kinda like roids though...
Adderall is the Performance enhancing drug of choice in Pro gaming. Ninja takes it.

Letters said:
Holy shit how highly do you have to think of yourself to play sports on television? Though I guess it's the fault of the fans for worshiping the crap out of these players and feeding their narcissism.
Fixed.

c'mon dude, it's entertainment

He also gets paid for streaming, plays commercials and has subscribers. People like webcams just like they want to see athletes rage or celebrate on the bench.

FyreWulff

PsychoRaven said:
Mine too! Mine too! j/k

I don't share accounts but if I knew someone in person who could beat it I'd probably invite them over and let them. lol

If only Halo 2 Vista had supported co-op.

orznge

Banned
Letters said:
Holy shit how highly do you have to think of yourself to put your face on a livestream while you play? Though I guess it's the fault of the rest of the mlg community for worshiping the crap out of these kids and feeding their narcissism.

Yeah it's funny how bizarre and dissimilar the MLG community/"player mythos" is from almost every other competitive gaming community.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I am holding a prototype of the packaging in my hand right now. It doesn't look like that. And it may not be a steelbook, but it's actually a very cool and unique treatment.
Didn't we see a prototype at Halofest? Or did it change?

It would be awesome if the cover were some holographic stuff that change his style from CEA to CE. Otherwise the "unique" treatment will be worldwide and not just US-only, right?

Homeboyd

OuterWorldVoice said:
I read that with "shit" being the verb the first time... Guess it works either way.

ElRenoRaven

FyreWulff said:
If only Halo 2 Vista had supported co-op.

Oh I really wish it had. I mean damn it was ported 2 years after the fact. Surely they could have gotten the co-op working online. After all it was being designed with that in mind originally. That's one reason I do kind of want an Anniversary version of Halo 2 also. Online co-op would mean I could actually beat it on Legendary cause I could just co-op with one of the non sucky players like me.

feel

Hypertrooper said:

It would be awesome if the cover were some holographic stuff that change his style from CEA to CE. Otherwise the "unique" treatment will be worldwide and not just US-only, right?
What else have you been keeping from us?? We're gonna need a minute by minute writeup of your Halofest experience.

orznge said:
Yeah it's funny how bizarre and dissimilar the MLG community/"player mythos" is from almost every other competitive gaming community.
lol yeah.. it's always a shock seeing the goofy teenager faces after hearing about the myth surrounding their nicknames being spread for a while by people sometimes twice their age.

Hypertrooper said:

You may have, I don't think us common folk did.

Letters said:
What else have you been keeping from us?? We're gonna need a minute by minute writeup of your Halofest experience.
Didn't others mention it? At the Halo CEA part of the timeline, there was the package of the game. It has a paper sleeve and the Chief visor was a gold-shined foil.

Devin Olsen said:
You may have, I don't think us common folk did.
Seriously? I was the only one, who discoverd the glass box at the Halo CEA part of the timeline? I'm feeling honored now. Maybe it was only visible for me.

Homeboyd

I envy those guys in the Gears thread.. not because I don't have Gears, but just to know that feeling they have right now as they pick up the game they've been waiting so long to get their hands on.

I can't wait for CEA/Halo 4.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OuterWorldVoice said:
YOU DON'T QUIT IN THE CAGE OH NO YOU:

justbleed.gif

Always amazing when a fighter taps to strikes.

Hypertrooper said:
Didn't others mention it? At the Halo CEA part of the timeline, there was the package of the game. It has a paper sleeve and the Chief visor was a gold-shined foil.

Seriously? I was the only one, who discoverd the glass box at the Halo CEA part of the timeline? I'm feeling honored now. Maybe it was only visible for me.
Is it any of these?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6137467405/in/set-72157627648243404

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6138013872/in/set-72157627648243404

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6138014954/in/set-72157627648243404

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6138015202/in/set-72157627648243404

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6138016274/in/set-72157627648243404

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leviwastaken/6138015842/in/set-72157627648243404/

Me and Tashi both live close to each other, I'd assume one of us got host with our FiOS. Those MLG games were great, shots were counting as they were supposed to. On host though you have to control your bloom much better than off host. I wouldn't say its harder or easier its just, different.

KyleJ - Adaption man. Were going to dong in GoW3 and Bad Kid Field 3.

I laughed when I read Ramirez say something like "Oh man now people wont pick up spikers and repeaters. Which is funny as shit because a lot of Halo shit is really really really really really super fucking lame. Those weapons included. They just don't really do anything for the game...

On Halo noteage: Anyone who didn't watch my Elite Slayer Rumble Pit its right here in crispy sexy HD. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2qjN4x-iGs Won in 2:46 if I did the math right, but I'm hoping to beat that time one day pretty soon. Rumble Pit is awesome but you get those games where every kill gets stolen and every spawn sucks.

Tunavi

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
I laughed when I read Ramirez say something like "Oh man now people wont pick up spikers and repeaters. Which is funny as shit because a lot of Halo shit is really really really really really super fucking lame. Those weapons included. They just don't really do anything for the game...
Tool of destruction

Homeboyd said:
Haha damn man.. Glad to hear it went well. How long before you're back playing the single greatest entertainment product in the history of man's creation?
I'll be in the hospital for the rest of the week, but then I'll be home recovering for a while. Hopefully that will give me plenty of time to play, but it might be mostly GOW3 and Deus Ex (which isawesome so far). I'll certainly get the TU gametype and play some customs though.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Urk calling me out on posting about Gears.... Gotta redeem myself

Are we keeping H:CEA multiplayer in the reach thread, or is there going to be a whole new OT?

Havok

dmg04 said:

Are we keeping H:CEA multiplayer in the reach thread, or is there going to be a whole new OT?
CEA multiplayer is just Reach. Reach-only players can participate in it as much as CEA-only players. I don't see a reason to break it off.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Havok said:
CEA multiplayer is just Reach. Reach-only players can participate in it as much as CEA-only players. I don't see a reason to break it off.
Fingers crossed. I don't want to lurk two halo threads... One big one is all i need.
[OTsyringe.jpg]

I was having issues tonight with the map packs. I downloaded both the Noble and Defiant map packs, but the game is still telling me I don't have the recommended map content when I jump into matchmaking. I think some people experienced this a while back. How did they get the maps to work?

Tunavi

Banned
dmg04 said:
Fingers crossed. I don't want to lurk two halo threads... One big one is all i need.
[OTsyringe.jpg]
Talking about Gears of War, Skyrim, and Battlefield in Reach OT: Acceptable.

Talking about CEA in Reach OT: BANNED

Havok

Deputy Moonman said:
I was having issues tonight with the map packs. I downloaded both the Noble and Defiant map packs, but the game is still telling me I don't have the recommended map content when I jump into matchmaking. I think some people experienced this a while back. How did they get the maps to work?
If you've got more than three pieces of Reach premium content (maps, preorder/LE extras, Bungie Pro Confirmation), delete one. That's usually the issue.

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:
If you've got more than three pieces of Reach premium content (maps, preorder/LE extras, Bungie Pro Confirmation), delete one. That's usually the issue.

Yup. IF you have your BUngie Pro Confirmation delete that and you'll be fine. It won't hurt you at all and will allow you to enjoy your maps.

feel

dmg04 said:

Halo:Reach |OT| in Community will have have MP talk from both discs. Halo Anniversary |OT| in Gaming will have SP and MP talk from new disc. Eventually after that thread starts to get past its prime in Gaming and is about to head to Community, HaloGAF |OT| will be created (people have wanted this for a while) and take over as the main thread in Community to talk about everything in the latest discs out and the wait for Halo 4, so we don't have multiple threads in Community going on at the same time and so that we can reach glorious |OT117| someday.

edit- 343 seems far, edited for 117, let's see how many of us are still alive by then

Havok said:
PsychoRaven said:
Yup. IF you have your BUngie Pro Confirmation delete that and you'll be fine. It won't hurt you at all and will allow you to enjoy your maps.
Thanks. I'm at work right now, but I'll try that when I go home.

Top Bottom