• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Letters said:
|OT343| someday.
One stop shop for all things halo. Me Like.

Random Question - To those who snagged up the grunt plushies at PAX, How's the quality? One of my friends said the moment he got home he noticed an ugly ugly seam coming undone.

Booshka

Just got linked to this amazing channel of Halo CE gameplay. It's almost all 2v2 LAN gameplay from some amazing players. Apparently this guy travels to all these LANs and records gameplay footage. Over 600 videos of some amazing Halo CE play. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwm03g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSuKTQwYN34
This vid right here shows how Halo CE's sandbox worked fine, all weapons except for the Needler are used well and result in kills. While the Pistol allows for clutch kills against Power weapon wielders that make a mistake. Balance.

Booshka said:
Just got linked to this amazing channel of Halo CE gameplay. It's almost all 2v2 LAN gameplay from some amazing players. Apparently this guy travels to all these LANs and records gameplay footage. Over 600 videos of some amazing Halo CE play. Enjoy.

This vid right here shows how Halo CE's sandbox worked fine, all weapons except for the Needler are used well and result in kills. While the Pistol allows for clutch kills against Power weapon wielders that make a mistake. Balance.
That's a trip down memory lane right there. I used to have LAN parties every week with full 8v8 games and we would play all the maps. Imagine Chill Out with 4 times as many people running around. It was so much fun. The thing people never remember or choose to ignore is that while the pistol could kill pretty fast, so could all the other weapons for the most part. The movement speed is amazing in that game. I'd forgotten how fast paced everything was.
Tunavi said:
Why do people always randomly melee (while not in combat) in Halo 1?
If you are within melee range, it's worth it. Though the real deal was the double melee by throwing a grenade inbetween the melee hits. So good. You can see the top screen try right here, but he's obviously way too far away and probably did the 2nd melee too quickly. If you don't give the first one enough time, the first melee never actually completes and just whiffs on air.
double melee on top screen

EDIT: Nevermind. I see what you are talking about, now. Could be the reload trick:
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Speedy_Reload

feel

Tunavi said:
It stimulates the mind and releases tension.

8 seconds walking without action? Melee.

New weapon? Melee.

Walking through a shield door? Melee it.

Passing by a wall? Melee it.

Sticky grenade grenade about to explode on enemy? Melee detonation.

Booshka

Tunavi said:
A few reasons, habit mostly, but a lot of times when picking up or switching to a weapon and you melee simultaneously, once you finish the melee animation you are ready to fire. When doing the backpack reload, it can also help the timing so you know when the reload will finish and can switch back to a fully loaded weapon.

It looks cool and is fast.

Don't worry none of these tricks or tips are necessary for Halo: CEA

:(

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Booshka said:
A few reasons, habit mostly, but a lot of times when picking up or switching to a weapon and you melee simultaneously, once you finish the melee animation you are ready to fire. When doing the backpack reload, it can also help the timing so you know when the reload will finish and can switch back to a fully loaded weapon.

It looks cool and is fast.

Don't worry none of these tricks or tips are necessary for Halo: CEA

:(
You can backpack reload in the campaign. :) When Voc and I were demoing 343 Guilty Spark at HaloFest, I threw in a backpack reload at least once per demo group. No one ever noticed though, or at least no one pointed it out.

Steelyuhas said:
Your welcome for that steak from Bungie.

:p
My steaks are still sitting in my girlfriend's fridge.

At least they damn well better be, or else my pimp hand's gonna get some action, ya'll.

Not really.

She just won't get anymore of my juicy T-bone.

I'm talking about my penis.

HALO!

FyreWulff

Cocopjojo said:
You can backpack reload in the campaign. :) When Voc and I were demoing 343 Guilty Spark at HaloFest, I threw in a backpack reload at least once per demo group. No one ever noticed though, or at least no one pointed it out.

You'd probably have to be able to hear it to notice it and we really couldn't stuff well, it was kind of muffled if you weren't all the way in the front.

Booshka

Cocopjojo said:
That's good to know, those glitches can come in handy on Legendary runs, especially the backpack reload and quick camo.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
FyreWulff said:
You'd probably have to be able to hear it to notice it and we really couldn't stuff well, it was kind of muffled if you weren't all the way in the front.
Plus you probably had to be looking at the ammo counter when I switched away from the weapon, and then still looking at it when I switched back so you could see that it was now full.

I also double-melee'd some Grunts and Jackals, but I nearly blew myself up doing that so I didn't try it too much.

Booshka

Cocopjojo said:
Plus you probably had to be looking at the ammo counter when I switched away from the weapon, and then still looking at it when I switched back so you could see that it was now full.

I also double-melee'd some Grunts and Jackals, but I nearly blew myself up doing that so I didn't try it too much.
That was another great thing to do to Elites, double melee them and stick them with the plasma you throw.

Hitmonchan107 said:

At least they damn well better be, or else my pimp hand's gonna get some action, ya'll.

Not really.

HALO!

LAWLZ

Jesus H! Can a guy watch a Med Men ep at 1AM without the internet having a meltdown every five minutes?!

Hmm, what's this odd green box I just got in the mail from a "Lars Kleinemeier"?

:-O

Thank you so much Mr Hyper! Would post a pick of my sexy new grunt but I must run to class.

TheOddOne

Letters said:
w9e0sl.jpg
This is mesmerizing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Hitmonchan107 said:

Not really.

HALO!
You should write for IGN.

DuEfg.jpg

TheOddOne said:
This is mesmerizing.
Lidell is a gold mine when watching other fighters, it's like he pictures himself in the ring or something.

6 new pages! Something must have been anounced : lol and I have no time to catch up:(

Im gonna get GoW3 today to handle the wait for all the other stuff (and it is an awesome game)

EDIT: Or not. But GoW3 time now.

Tunavi said:
I'm know too much
:^)

It's 4 a.m., and I've been editing articles all night. My bad. Also, that's what I get for being a complete ass. :lol

Have we decided what map we're going to play on first for the TU customs?

Booshka said:

Ok, this is awesome. I'm pretty sure nobody is going to beat this post today.

Gui_PT said:
Bla bla bla

WHERE'S THE HALOGAF MONTAGE YOU PROMISED, BRAH?!

Is this chapel's alt account?
We should take HaloGAF's montage to a whole new level, what about a montage entirely consisting of armor lock skills, banshee bombing, betraying and yoinking. It could be called "A love letter to Reach". We could watch it and remember how awful Reach was before the TU.
Let's do this HaloGAF, for the lulz! here's my first submission
I'm not even joking

PooBone

Booted up Reach last night, hovered on matchmaking for a second, then took it out and replayed some Gears of War 1 single player.

I need this TU and Anniversary.... like NAOW!

PooBone said:
Booted up Reach last night, hovered on matchmaking for a second, then took it out and replayed some Gears of War 1 single player.

Tomorrow will be a great day.

Edit: just re-watched the HaloGAF montage, what were Bungie thinking while developing Reach...? *sigh*

PooBone said:

I've been doing this so much lately: "I think I'll play some Reach... Wait, why would I do that? I think I'll play something else." At least it's helping me work through my backlog.

Hypertrooper said:
Wow. We will get the TU for Halo: Reach, that we can't use until 343i releases a gametype. They confirmed that the gametype will come later than TU... Why are you so hyped for it?
Right now: TU Gametype > Sparkast >>>> TU release.

Dunno bro, I'm not really that hyped just looking forward to it ;) and no, I don'y have a 4GB Xbox 360
Looking at the comments of the HaloGAF Montage I found this:
Youtube kid said:
Domino Theory grifball kills and exterminations ARE FAKES

first Domino theory dont exist, its not a gamertag.. I looked all handsomebob22 (victim) games and its not here, mean it was a custom game.. and there more than 2 spawn in griffball

gay fake

Gabotron ES said:
TU will be released, right? we will be able to download it.
Wow. We will get the TU for Halo: Reach, that we can't use until 343i releases a gametype. They confirmed that the gametype will come later than TU... Why are you so hyped for it?

Hypertrooper said:

Don't worry at least we have the upcoming battlefield open beta on the 29th to last us until the beta hoppers hit at least, fuck yeah!

HiredN00bs said:
Some people can use the TU right away: the HDD-less people that want to play Co-op Campaign and Firefight.
I forgot them. But I don't think that is the reason for a great day. Except you have a 4GB xbox 360, Gabo.

Edit.: Otherwise you are calling it a good day as a symbol, because you know, that the stuff is there that kills bloom.

ElzarTheBam said:
Don't worry at least we have the upcoming battlefield open beta on the 29th to last us until the beta hoppers hit at least, fuck yeah!
I don't care about the BF3 beta. Did I lose my Battlefield honor now?

Top Bottom