• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Sai-kun

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I'll also point out that the reason sigs (and huge avatars and animated avatars and emoticons...) are disabled is because they detract and distract from the content of your posts. GAF doesn't roll that way. Not trying to backseat moderate, just offering some friendly advice.

animated avatars :(

ElRenoRaven

Sai-kun said:
You loved my Gaga one. Admit it.

i'm crying now :(

To be honest I don't see any avatar for you. I hate GAGA with a passion. Almost as much as I hate the whole MLP shit. Remove it permanently for the win.

PsychoRaven said:
To be honest I don't see any avatar for you. I hate GAGA with a passion. Almost as much as I hate the whole MLP shit. Remove it permanently for the win.
Kkzu8.gif

ElRenoRaven

Rickenslacker said:
Nothingness

Odd I see a quote but no image. How odd. Evil grin. Remove it permanently is without a doubt the greatest firefox addon ever. Well behind noscipt lol

Anyway we're getting off topic. Don't want to derail it from our love of Halo which brings us all together.

Tunavi

Banned
Halo 3's forge maps look way better than Reach forge maps.

Also, Grifball and Infection were better when they were weekend events.

feel

MLP animated avatars were a guilty pleasure of mine. The quality of the animation and color pallete on display were always very impressive. The talent the guys responsible for that animation have is going to waste by doing a cartoon aimed mostly at little girls. Hey did someone just reach for my man card?? Hands off pal!! Read the post again slowly.

Halo 3's forge sandbox maps looked hideous, but Forge World makes them look good lol

Not related to looks, but I enjoyed quite a few FFA games on this one, very trippy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYeYRpanyPM

Striker said:
You're high.
You're drunk

reggie said:
Talking with a friend the other day and came to the realization that there are some people in this thread who have really have no idea. The fact that some people here would prefer to complain about assists being 'broken' (which isn't far from a meaningless stat) while simultaneously ignoring legitimate complaints about game breaking problems - it blows my mind. I got told (when I complained about the Banshee Bomb & Revanant glitch) "who cares about vehicles?" - Who cares about assists!?

Could assists be better? Maybe, but it being fixed should be at the very bottom of the list. There's a lot more bigger problems in this game than you worrying about your K/D spread.

Of course some of you will write this off as "lol, junior", but ask yourself, am I wrong?
You're not wrong Reggie

Havok

reggie said:
Talking with a friend the other day and came to the realization that there are some people in this thread who have really have no idea. The fact that some people here would prefer to complain about assists being 'broken' (which isn't far from a meaningless stat) while simultaneously ignoring legitimate complaints about game breaking problems - it blows my mind. I got told (when I complained about the Banshee Bomb & Revanant glitch) "who cares about vehicles?" - Who cares about assists!?

Could assists be better? Maybe, but it being fixed should be at the very bottom of the list. There's a lot more bigger problems in this game than you worrying about your K/D spread.

Of course some of you will write this off as "lol, junior", but ask yourself, am I wrong?
There have been literally hundreds of posts across these six threads about how broken the Banshee is, and about the Revenant glitch. Everybody knows it's busted. No hints have been made at fixing it. Nobody's ignoring it, but there's no discussion to be had around it anymore. There's a reason 90% of the people who participate in the thread tune out during bloom discussions - there's no life left in the discussion. Everything has been said that could be brought up, and nobody is changing anybody's mind.

So I bought this a few years ago off of Ebay and at the time didn't do much fact checking. I BELIEVE it is a Prototype and would be a worthwhile collectable, but I am having trouble finding it anywhere online.

Can anyone here help me out?

WLhyyl.jpg

QVef9l.jpg

JyzlSl.jpg

This is the closest I have found on Ebay (Link) ... The notable difference is the emblem on the shoulders. I remember when I bought mine that the emblem on the arms+the emblem on the back being different were a big deal.

In the mean time he can just hang out with the Duke I suppose.

HASJgl.jpg

FyreWulff

Havok said:
There have been literally hundreds of posts across these six threads about how broken the Banshee is, and about the Revenant glitch. Everybody knows it's busted. No hints have been made at fixing it. Nobody's ignoring it, but there's no discussion to be had around it anymore.

XBOX_Y_Button.png

Homeboyd

squidhands said:
Surgery was s success. Hooked up to so many hoses that it's a real bitch to type on the phone, lol. Yay hospital drugs!
Haha damn man.. Glad to hear it went well. How long before you're back playing the single greatest entertainment product in the history of man's creation?

orznge

Banned
(in FyreWulff voice) nothing accidental about a game can ever produce depth or complexity if it is by accident, in fact, no mechanic in any game merits using either of those words unless it is explicitly stated by the developer *ignores Quake, Tribes, MVC2, combos in SF2, Starcraft*

PNut

Banned
I'm probably in the minority here, but I've never completed Halo CE on Legendary. I made it to the first part of Truth and Reconciliation and raged at the amount of enemies that you have to face and gave up.

I wonder if CEA will have an achievement for completing the campaign on Legendary? If so, oh man.

Havok

PNut said:
I'm probably in the minority here, but I've never completed Halo CE on Legendary. I made it to the first part of Truth and Reconciliation and raged at the amount of enemies that you have to face and gave up.

I wonder if CEA will have an achievement for completing the campaign on Legendary? If so, oh man.
Honestly, I've always felt it was much easier than the other games. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Legendary achievement. But hey, you won't have to rely on couch coop to help out this time around.
Tunavi said:
I was sad when I found out you couldn't put certain vehicles on certain maps.

No falcon on Boneyard. :(
I don't even know how that would work with the super low ceiling on that map. Also, Warthog of the skies? No passenger seat. Bungietroll.

Booshka

Tashi is the main person who complains about Assists, and that is because all he plays is MLG, and the Assist stat is pretty important, it would help if it worked properly so the team and individual could have some insight on how they performed at a glance. Of course glaring game mechanic issues, balance and design problems are more important than stat tracking, but Tashi doesn't play BTB often, so he doesn't really care about the issues with vehicles.

He also likes Bloom so he doesn't complain about that either.

Karl2177

PNut said:

The Library is the only level I haven't completed on Legendary in all of the FPS Halo series. I'm screwed.

PNut

Banned
Havok said:
Honestly, I've always felt it was much easier than the other games. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a Legendary achievement. But hey, you won't have to rely on couch coop to help out this time around.

Really? Maybe I'm missing something and should try again because it seemed to be a major pain in the ass. To the point were I'd rather do Endure on ODST before a Legendary run on CE.

Karl2177 said:
The Library is the only level I haven't completed on Legendary in all of the FPS Halo series. I'm screwed.

Never made it close to the Library on Legendary. Couldn't imagine.

Havok

PNut said:
Really? Maybe I'm missing something and should try again because it seemed to be a major pain in the ass. To the point were I'd rather do Endure on ODST before a Legendary run on CE.
Yep. With T&R specifically, as long as you play as much as you can stealthily, it's a breeze once you get inside. The only bits that really stand out as being difficult is the lift room (which is easier once you memorize invis sword spawn sequence), and the first docking bay encounter. If I had to guess, I'd imagine you've gotten better since you tried it, and it'll be easier than you remember.

ElRenoRaven

Havok said:

I don't even know how that would work with the super low ceiling on that map. Also, Warthog of the skies? No passenger seat. Bungietroll.

I disagree. To me ODST felt the easiest on Legendary. Difficulty of Halo's on Legendary from Easiest to hardest I'd rate them like this:

ODST
Halo 3
Reach
Halo
Every goddamn game known to man
Halo 2 (The only one's I've never beaten on Legendary)

reggie said:

reggie, we argue about everything here. Just because assists were the topic of the day doesn't mean anyone thinks they are more important than other issues. We just get tired of arguing about the same thing all of the time and have to find something fresh to discuss between news items.

People complain about assists. People complain about vehicles. People complain about armor lock, bloom, evade, DLC integration, story canon, the soundtrack, codpieces, Fyrewulff, frame rate, the box design, host advantage, 1-flag, 2-flag, red flag, blue flag, etc. The list goes on forever.

You usually post something we can all agree with, but the tone of your writing sometimes comes across as hostile and ripe for trolling. Don't let the trolls get to you, my friend. Just keep calm and carry on.

feel

Yeah, Halo1 Legendary is pretty brutal in a few of the segments. A Monument To All Your Sins needs to return in CEA and this time as something that one is proud to display, in Reach it turned out to be pretty meaningless.

Top Bottom