• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
I forgot them. But I don't think that is the reason for a great day. Except you have a 4GB xbox 360, Gabo.

I don't care about the BF3 beta. Did I lose my Battlefield honor now?
How dare you :mad:

but this is kind of awesome, TU custom game will hold me off till the BF3 Beta

Hypertrooper said:
I don't care about the BF3 beta. Did I lose my Battlefield honor now?

tumblr_l7ouxzV3JZ1qcdtp2.jpg

wwm0nkey said:
How dare you :mad:

but this is kind of awesome, TU custom game will hold me off till the BF3 Beta
I can already see a lot of people getting mad when they discover the new gametype is just 15% bloom reduction.

But again, they will be updating the zero bloom one right, RIGHT?

wwm0nkey

Gabotron ES said:
I can already see a lot of people getting mad when they discover the new gametype is just 15% bloom reduction.

But again, they will be updating the zero bloom one right, RIGHT?
im betting the gametype they upload will be zero bloom.

PooBone

I'm not even hyped for the gametype to be released. I want the beta hopper. Don't have enough consistent friends to even play customs.

PooBone said:
I'm not even hyped for the gametype to be released. I want the beta hopper. Don't have enough consistent friends to even play customs.
Just add some HaloGAFers to your list or is it full?
GT: Gabotron ES

Homeboyd

I know most of you guys hate Forge maps but has there been any mention at all of CC and whether or not it will continue? I know there was some discussion in the past that it would and some hints here and there, but I'm still looking for an official word I can pass along to some of our satellite groups who have helped us round up and refine maps for MM.

Obviously the TU and general playlist management is priority, but any comment at all would be welcome that I could pass along. Our Forge groups have almost come to a standstill because they don't know whether or not their continued efforts are worthwhile. These groups were created to help get maps ready for MM and are not just 'custom games' groups, so without any word on continuation of community maps in MM, there's not much purpose for them.

For you guys who vehemently oppose community maps in Matchmaking, I'm with you.. I still suggest a community-only playlist be kept for these maps and a large majority (if not all) community maps be kept out of core playlists.

Gui_PT said:
Bla bla bla

WHERE'S THE HALOGAF MONTAGE YOU PROMISED, BRAH?!

Is this chapel's alt account?

Id love to but nobody fuckin sends me shit, I've tried twice now. People cant even put a clip in their fileshare and PM me the link. Thats literally all they'd have to do yet I only get about 7 people every time. I just dont think anyone from HaloGAF likes Reach the way they do H3. I guess thatll happen when you go to a more skilled game that requires more adaption than bad Halo 3.

Merguson

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Id love to but nobody fuckin sends me shit, I've tried twice now. People cant even put a clip in their fileshare and PM me the link. Thats literally all they'd have to do yet I only get about 7 people every time. I just dont think anyone from HaloGAF likes Reach the way they do H3. I guess thatll happen when you go to a more skilled game that requires more adaption than bad Halo 3.

I have nothing saved on my hard drive.

Except for that Bungie vs. HaloGAF game where the banshee cleansed HaloGAF.

Should I have submitted that one? :p

Booshka said:
Just got linked to this amazing channel of Halo CE gameplay. It's almost all 2v2 LAN gameplay from some amazing players. Apparently this guy travels to all these LANs and records gameplay footage. Over 600 videos of some amazing Halo CE play. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwm03g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSuKTQwYN34
This vid right here shows how Halo CE's sandbox worked fine, all weapons except for the Needler are used well and result in kills. While the Pistol allows for clutch kills against Power weapon wielders that make a mistake. Balance.
Such a fun game. My friend and I were doing 1v1 on the same box the other day, even that was a blast. If you tried to do split screen 1v1 in Reach you would probably fall asleep.

Tunavi said:
Why do people always randomly melee (while not in combat) in Halo 1?
Well it's partly just something to do (same as the ogre twitch) but lots of people did it when they spawned to prevent being spawn killed. When you mellee you head bobs to the side a little, so if someone was waiting to snipe you as you spawned your punch would help you from getting shot.

wwm0nkey

After playing the Alpha of BF3 I already know that is going to be my top FPS for awhile. Going to be switching between that and Reach until Halo 4 hits probably lol

Devin Olsen said:
Such a fun game. My friend and I were doing 1v1 on the same box the other day, even that was a blast. If you tried to do split screen 1v1 in Reach you would probably fall asleep.

Well it's partly just something to do (same as the ogre twitch) but lots of people did it when they spawned to prevent being spawn killed. When you mellee you head bobs to the side a little, so if someone was waiting to snipe you as you spawned your punch would help you from getting shot.
What Devin said, but I'm pretty sure it also cancelled out the loud click that switching weapons makes, which has the potential to give your position away (especially the AR and shotgun sounds). You could also reload a sniper and melee just as the clip hit the stock to zoom in early - you'd still have to wait for the animation to finish to fire a shot, but it bought you a bit more time to line the reticle up while you waited.

feel

ElzarTheBam said:
Don't worry at least we have the upcoming battlefield open beta on the 29th to last us until the beta hoppers hit at least, fuck yeah!
I will play the **** out of this. BF is soo good.

v I'm getting it all, Gears Versus MP won't be played much though (it's great, but there's so many other MP games I favor)

A27 Tawpgun said:
Who from HaloGAF is getting Gears 3 and/or BF3 Beta and the full game?
Picking up Gears in a couple of hours...

Also wow today's Challenge looks really good! Earn a running riot in MP. That is something that I am sure a lot of people will have a hard time with.

xxjuicesxx said:

How good does the clip have to be? I have a couple I could send.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Who from HaloGAF is getting Gears 3 and/or BF3 Beta and the full game?

Skipping Gears, I'll get the BF3 beta and if I like it, get the game.

Ken

Devin Olsen said:
Picking up Gears in a couple of hours...

Also wow today's Challenge looks really good! Earn a running riot in MP. That is something that I am sure a lot of people will have a hard time with.
Mind if I add you for Gears?

Same for any other HaloGAF who is getting Gears.

Hey You

Devin Olsen said:
Living Dead = Easy Challenge.

Gui_PT

How in the hell has this not been fixed yet?!
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23717582&player=Monolith%20Gui

It's been a year. all you need is a soft kill zone up there.

Ugh, completely ruins FF

kylej said:
Please tell me you saw Ryanoob's ridiculous 1v1 against Goofy last night. Global recorded it and uploaded it a few hours ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQFVt7GzH_Qa&t=0m48s starts at 50 seconds in case the time stamp doesnt work

the blains are biblical
Holy shit, those spawn snipes were incredible. Though it made me think that perhaps they need to add some more spawns on the map.

Edit: Holllly shit

Ken said:
Mind if I add you for Gears?

Same for any other HaloGAF who is getting Gears.
Yeah go for it.

Devin Olsen said:
Holy shit, those spawn snipes were incredible. Though it made me think that perhaps they need to add some more spawns on the map.

Theres a BUNCH of spawn spots on that map. The system just tends to pick certain ones way way way more often, its the system not the map.

kylej

Banned
xxjuicesxx said:
Theres a BUNCH of spawn spots on that map. The system just tends to pick certain ones way way way more often, its the system not the map.

Ryanoob also knows the algorithms really, really well.

Gui_PT said:
How in the hell has this not been fixed yet?!
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=23717582&player=Monolith Gui

It's been a year. all you need is a soft kill zone up there.

Ugh, completely ruins FF
As far as I know they can't add soft kill zones to FF. But they could remove the jetpack loadout.
You could also kick him off with some concussion riffle rounds.

Hemorrhage is worst, there are lots of sniper spots which could be easily fixed yet nothing has been done.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yeah makes sense.

Ok finished watching the whole thing. This kid is nasty with snipe. He doesn't even consider using the dmr for close range stuff, he just blaines kids with the snipe.

Amazing.

Gui_PT

Gabotron ES said:
As far as I know they can't add soft kill zones to FF. But they could remove the jetpack loadout.
You could also kick him off with some concussion riffle rounds.

Hemorrhage is worst, there are lots of sniper spots which could be easily fixed yet nothing has been done.

Either that or, you know, maybe start actually banning/resetting idlers

A27_StarWolf said:
I'm excited for the BF3 beta.... and now that I'm thinking about betas....

When will get the Halo 4 beta :p
Well Frankie confirmed it would NOT be bundled with CEA... So likely the first talk of Beta will be E3 next year.

kylej said:
Ryanoob also knows the algorithms really, really well.

That too. They know where the spawn will be based on the players death spot. Which isn't too difficult in 1v1. Just means playing a bunch and watching the replays to memorize them.

Like if you get a kill at Shotty Pit they are almost always going to spawn rocks. There can be a cluster of five spawn spots over there but without a TEAM its almost always going to pick just one of those to spawn the dude at. Its when you have a team that just spawned somewhere that it would go pick a spot off of that one.

wwm0nkey

Devin Olsen said:
Well Frankie confirmed it would NOT be bundled with CEA... So likely the first talk of Beta will be E3 next year.
IF there is even a beta I really think it should just be open. No early access or anything just pop it up on XBL.

I mean Halo while still having a massive following needs to win back some of its fan base and an open beta is the best way to do that.

Gui_PT said:
Either that or, you know, maybe start actually banning/resetting idlers
Yeah, that would be the best solution but the banning systems sucks, before they ever get banned lots of players will have already suffered their awful attitude, why don't they just do that on Score Attack so we don't have to suffer them?

Speaking about hiding spots/exploits this vid has lots of them which need to be fixed asap, maybe on the next matchmaking update.

More: Pinnacle hiding spot, Living Dead spots, Boneyard (4:48) and for the love of god add a soft kill zone to the upper section of the Spire, jetpackers camp there all the time and it's not funny!

Devin Olsen said:

I always thought it was to interrupt some sound effects (reloading, and weapon switching) that could give away your position.

Wasn't there a video a couple hundred pages back that showed how to do exactly what RyaNoob was doing? It doesn't seem to hard to memorize it, just to get in the right position

Sai-kun

Banned
Merguson said:
I have nothing saved on my hard drive.

Except for that Bungie vs. HaloGAF game where the banshee cleansed HaloGAF.

Should I have submitted that one? :p

I am still incredibly bitter about this. Ugh.

Gui_PT

xxjuicesxx said:

Do you have an idea of how many clips you need?

Striker

I know some (or all?) of those Boneyard ones were fixed.

Still, the soft kill zone placements at launch were still badly done. Hemorrhage, Asylum and Zealot (the space section) notably.

Gui_PT said:
Do you have an idea of how many clips you need?

Id only want one or two but I want a lot of HaloGAF, and you just only get a small percentage and its all newbies its just not "HaloGAF" to me. Someone else can do it if they want.

wwm0nkey

xxjuicesxx said:
Id only want one or two but I want a lot of HaloGAF, and you just only get a small percentage and its all newbies its just not "HaloGAF" to me. Someone else can do it if they want.
What kind of clips do you need?

Aside from niche playlists like Living Dead, Grifball and Action Sack, would it be too much to ask 343i to regulate guest participation to one...maybe two playlists in MM? The rest of the online community shouldn't be forced to endure countless lopsided matches that are not even remotely enjoyable especially in a playlist with so much potential like Squad Slayer. Maybe call it Team Training or Bootcamp or something along those lines I don't care. And if that means having to wait another minute or so for a game because the population takes a slight hit than so be it.

My suggestion:

Team Training - 12-16 players with a mixture of Slayer and Objective variants
Bootcamp - 8 man FFA with a mixture of Slayer and Objective variants

Restrict access only for those with guests in their party so you won't have the usual suspects trying to pad those stats against players who obviously have limited experience with the game. If anyone else has a better solution to what I feel is one of the biggest problems with Reach MM at the moment by all means feel free to share it. I'm really getting fed up with having to spend 10+ minutes of gametime teamed up with *gamertag*(1) who is either idle for half the match, spamming the AR on every occasion even when taking DMR shots from across the map and/or quitting a minute or so into the match.

Top Bottom